What makes the Alien creepy and terrifying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xBZu0X9Mbyc
youtube.com/watch?v=idr3ktzBVNE&t=208s
youtube.com/watch?v=CofZ7xjGyI8
youtu.be/WsU6yaA0r0w
youtu.be/eR5jYeIMBKk
youtu.be/NZbcLIXhyxA
youtube.com/watch?v=CHPjVgYDL6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its not though

It is a penis.

The rape metaphors.

Uh, do you even know the story behind the release of the original and why it scared the SHIT out of audiences??

No, please tell

its black

This, a big, black, cock trying to inject it's dna into places it does not belong.

Aggression, size and lethality and combined with stealth. It's arguably the most dangerous creature in its universe. And also sometimes they become Sith Lords.

It's a guy in a suit and not shifty cg. makes it much more realism. They also used a real human skull in the face

>youtube.com/watch?v=xBZu0X9Mbyc
>youtube.com/watch?v=idr3ktzBVNE&t=208s

their body is a womb built from the greatest concepts nature has produced amalgamated together. They're fucking beautiful but also highly practical, we see them and see a creature clad in armor.

also they're inter-species rapists. It isn't a metaphor. They're literally rapists. That fact makes them unsettling because its fucking hot.

he's a big guy

This and more.
>guy is rapefaced
>gives explosive birth
>dies in the process as if a disposable womb
>offspring is a spooky hungry skeleton
>no bonus

yeah guys what's so creepy about a monster that grows inside and bursts out of your own body?? please help me understand!

Ridley had many other plans for the xenomorph in the original movie. He intended to show more of it. Think what you see in Covenant (pic related). But everyone agreed the suit looked laughable. Plus it was fragile and difficult to move in. So Ridley decided to hide it as much as possible with closeups and lighting. There is plenty of deleted footage that will never see the light of day.

>implying actual rape has some sort of bonus

moar?

It rapes and kills.

> Waiting for that shot to happen
> it didn't

God Covenant made Prometheus look like a masterpiece.

Honestly, beyond its frightening design and rape metaphors, a few elements that have been lost since the first movie : Its unnatural looking movement, implied sentience and how much it represents the greater unknown.
Prometheus was on the right track on many of those elements, too bad it got overloaded with dumb characters and schlock tier action sequences. Covenant was the better movie on a mechanical level, but it looses that element in dumbing everything down and shoehorning the Xenomorph into it.

What had inherently lessened the franchise are the films in it that make the Alien, well, less alien. Aliens for example is a great Vietnam in space notStarship Troopers vehicle, one Cameron was going to make with or without that franchise attached. But it already misses the point by desegniting a Queen and making these creatures something to be torn apart by assault riffles and flame-throwers.
What should have happened is what Ridley has tried (but failed) to do with his recent two films: A shared anthology universe that explores cosmic horror and the alien without having to rely on any set continuity or a creature feature.

tall benis rape biomechanical no eyes

only redditors think that

Only plebs like you think that.

redditor detected

>Ridley Scott: "I'll only do another science fiction if it's got a good script"
How the mighty have fallen

It's not like he hasn't been hit or miss over the decades and even in his current duds there are enough good things for one to come back for more.
I'm just glad he's still making films a his age, probably ain't going to be with us for much longer.

the alien human hybrid from alien resurrection is genuinely terrifying looking

Best design

This. In fact all Aliens are terrifying apart from James Cameron's ones. Only scene that I got spooked was when they were climbing in the vent shaft

What makes the Alien terrifying is that it is slow moving like Set in The Mummy. THIS is what I wanted to see in Alien: Covenant. ENOUGH with fast moving monsters

But it saves more than it rapes.

what is that thing?

judging by his post, the god Set, in the movie The Mummy

The fact you don't see it

/thread

It's meant to resemble Set (although reminder that Set is the God of destruction and not God of death as the movie says he is).

Apart from this movie mistake, I do like how they made this Egyptian God to not resemble how Ancient Egyptians drew him.

So, it's another Jaws effect. He wanted to show the creature more, but technical limitations caused him to keep the creature hidden, thus making the movie a million times better. Now he fucked up with Covenant.

I think the human looking skull in it's translucent head is fucking horrific

Jesus fuck, that's legit terrifying. I wish you could see that effect better in the actual movie.

So the name Alien is ironic?

Not much. Sup Forums really exaggerates this shit. The alien is definitely threatening looking but it's not incredibly scary. This place is just full of memeing faglords

youtube.com/watch?v=CofZ7xjGyI8

everyone needs to watch this video

Yep. See for yourself.
youtu.be/WsU6yaA0r0w

youtu.be/eR5jYeIMBKk

Editing, lighting, acting.

This scene sticks with you better than the stuff from most horror films:
youtu.be/NZbcLIXhyxA

That was great

>>no bonus
The true horror here

This asshole is making the next starwars after rian.

Think about that.

It's everything foreign. What we don't understand is what we fear most.

holy shit is this the Mandela effect? could of sworn Claire was killed at the end, she died when she went back to the control room and the T-rex happened to be there.

she didn't die, she lured the old t-rex into the big dino fight and then lived happily ever after

Looks like OP

Am I the only one who finds xenos sexy?

I mean, just look at those butts

>all character archetypes must be the same for all movies

Is this moron legit retarded?

What's wrong Ripley-chan? Could it be you're craving my mcnuggies??

I didn't link the other videos but his film analysis deals largely through lens of monomyth, psychology and how these elements play out basically in same structure even if details vary. He compared it to how skull is relatively the same yet faces can vary widely. Foundation =/= not all movies are same etc.

He's attacking underlying elements, not that movie isn't the same even though he has another video breaking down how jurassic world is basically a carbon copy of jurassic park but without the foundation.

youtube.com/watch?v=CHPjVgYDL6Y

No, they are meant to be sexy.

The actor who portrays the alien is black.

This game is absolutely gorgeous.

>okay in this scene, I want the xeno to get a boner and then crab walk a few steps forward at a walking pace and then stop

This
Kek

They're creepy and beautiful at the same time, that's more terrifying that simply ugly and monstrous.

If he can make it more like Aliens and less like Jurassic World, I'm totally okay with that.