Premiered 25 years ago today...

Premiered 25 years ago today. Who would have guessed how quip filled and embarrassing capeshit would become over the next 2.5 decades.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=326x1sl1oN4
counter-currents.com/2012/06/batman-returns-an-anti-semitic-allegory/
youtube.com/watch?v=3OBQY6PZ6kk
youtube.com/watch?v=MqhbPhmVC04
youtube.com/watch?v=eXsHxqTxfhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DC is still good you dumbass. marvel is the quipshit studio

They both suck you manchild. BR was the last and only capeshit worth a damn and not just a two hour commercial to sell toys and cheeseburgers.

This movie has a really dumb story and characters but it looks nice. It's like an art piece.

This was the last GREAT capeshit film. A couple of the Spider-Man movies were decent. If we're honest we need about ten years without a super hero movie so we can take a breather

I dunno dude I had many toys and shirts/PJs from this movie.

There's no way in fuck we'd get capekino like this today. No fucking way any of these capeshit studios would allow a renegade director radically warp their properties into an intentionally grotesque and twisted opera, they'd lose too many shekels. It's an honest shame really.

>movie about a hook nosed kike ruining christmas, teaming up with a brainwashed slutty degenerate woman
/our movie/ now and always

It had merchandising, im not denying that. But the entire point of it existing wasn't to push that merch. That's the difference. Burton used to give a shit and made a visually exciting film. Everything since has just been flicks that exist only to push junk and make Hollywood Jews richer.

youtube.com/watch?v=326x1sl1oN4

Disney reduced the genre into glorified TV shows.

All with the sound of critics applause.

The groups responsible for the merchandising HATED Burton when the movie actually came out and it wasn't kid friendly at all, especially McDonalds in fact that's what cost him the franchise and he was kicked form doing a third one.

If this scene happened today, audiences it would assume it a marvel quip and laugh and clap at it.

everything DC has a direct involvement in turns out to be a failure. how do you mess up a batman or superman movie? it must be embarrassing that nolan created something better

Affleck Batman is best Batman and Cavill is great go suck a fat one ya marvel cocksucker.

>wasn't kid friendly

I don't know about that. It's pretty dark and fucked up but I loved it as a kid. just because it had the name Batman in it. I do remember being really freaked out by pic related but that's it. Everything else was just a Batman movie, and that was enough for me to watch it over and over again.

>British Superman
>great

is that why affleck already quit? because it was so good? man of steel and BvS are rotten for a reason. meanwhile, everything marvel creates is certified kino

Returns was definitely darker than Batman '89 but the latter wasn't exactly kid friendly either. Then again this was from the era when movies like T2 were also had merch for kids.

Kids will watch anything so long as there's cool shit in it. I think it's a modern Disney delusion that storylines and characters need to be simplified for kids. They don't give a shit.

Pre-Catwoman timid Selina was pure fuckbait. Such a waste throwing her out that window.

That's why some of the best kid's films were made in the 80s before women started the "but think about the children!" nonsense.

>that why affleck already quit
More marvel drone fake news

>marvel is anything but quipshit killing cinema
Webm related. The moment of death for the genre.

this and man of steel are my go to capeshits fuck you if you got some hang ups about whatever those movies shine.

That is really good cinematography.

I hope that's a joke. Man of Steel was the movie that permanently disillusioned me from capeshit.

How can someone defend a 40 minute fight scene between immortals filled with CGI and product placement. I like Jesus and 9/11 imagery as much as the next guy but Snyder is a hack.

Batman Returns is the last cape movie that was good. X-Men 2 is the last cape movie that was decent.

You're not even subtle MCUck. Stick to poop quips and CGI airports.

>Man of Steel was the movie that permanently disillusioned me from capeshit.
You must have low standards then.

damn get aload of the ps3 graphics

>The 6 tuxedoed penguins take their place as pall bearers walking their leader to his final resting place

Wow, I missed so much great cinematography watching this as a child.

Why do you think Burton was kicked off the franchise and Joel Schumacher was brought in to sell toys ?
The movie kicked up a lot of parental outrage. McDonalds pulling advertising, the reviews of it being too dark, the Jewish groups who felt offended by Penguin's characterization, them being unable to sell action figures based on this movie's Penguin, etc.
But kids still liked it because it had Batman and it was weird and funny. The movie was vinticated by history after all the buzz died out.
It wasn't made to be kid-friendly or even that faithful to the source material. This movie is Tim Burton playing with a million dollar budget and franchise with full creative freedom to make up for his frustrations with Batman 89.

>unironically using Rotten Tomatoes as a indicator of quality

I haven't seen a Marvel movie since Ant Man and I got dragged to that.

No, I just hadn't watched a bunch of capeshit prior or was only exposed to the passable stuff like The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and Spiderman 1-2.

And that 40 minute fight scene gave me a lot of time to get disillusioned and turn cynical

>The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and Spiderman 1-2.
>passable stuff
So like I said, low standards.

Marvel drones love their Marvels so much they're too embarrassed to even admit what they're shilling for. Goes to show the quality of the MCU.

Examples of capekino?

Hard mode: Nothing that came out before your 18th birthday

3/10 meme retort.

it really is amazing how good the aesthetic is,like you can tell the animated series is directly inspired by those films.

Plus unlike how everything has been relatively grounded in superhero films, Batman and Returns takes the opposite direction, it clearly has no time period, things are definitely done not because they make sense but because they visually look good.

plus unlike the other films where Bruce Wayne is some sort of playboy, here they treat Bruce like people treated Michael Jackson in the 2000s, throughout the film everyone talks about how much of a weirdo the guy is.

There have only been two passable superhero movies since Batman Returns: Batman Forever and X-Men 2. I'm using the word passable very liberally here.

counter-currents.com/2012/06/batman-returns-an-anti-semitic-allegory/
>Using “images and cultural stereotypes,” director Tim Burton “depicts the Penguin as one of the oldest cultural clichés: the Jew who is bitter, bent over and out for revenge, the Jew who is unathletic and seemingly unthreatening but who, in fact, wants to murder every firstborn child of the gentile community.”
>The Penguin feigns assimilation into society and gains the citizens’ trust for a time. But eventually even the ignorant masses understand this false prophet for what he is, a primordial beast who seeks retribution, ‘an eye for an eye.'”
The evil, wealthy capitalist who allies himself with the Penguin against the citizens of Gotham is named “Max Shreck” after German actor Max Schreck, who portrayed Nosferatu. Metaphorically, Shreck is a blood-sucking vampire. Shreck “wants only power, but the Jew who has suffered wants to punish others for the crime that was committed against him.”
>“The Penguin’s evil plan is the enactment of a paranoid notion that Jews’ effort to preserve their heritage and culture is a guise for elitist and hostile intentions.”
>“Batman Returns takes place at Christmas time. The Christmas tree, the lights and the mistletoe serve a thematic purpose. They represent the Christian ethic, which will save Gotham City from the false ideology of the Penguin. In the final scene Batman articulates the distinctly Christian moral of this film: ‘Merry Christmas and good will toward men . . . and women.'”

/06/19/batman-returns-cast-reveal-movie-secrets-on-its-25th-anniversary/

>Michael Keaton edited the script and asked that Batman speak less. More than half of Batman’s lines were taken out.
>McDonald’s, one of the movie’s sponsors, objected to the black goo that came out of The Penguin’s mouth.

>batman forever
>passable

Just barely, but it was better than Iron Man, The Dark Knight, and Spider-Man 1 and 2.

>movie ends with penguins wearing jet packs carrying The Penguin to a watery grave

Capeshit was always shit.

Literally too deep for marlel brain.

They're not meant to be super realistic you dope they're fucking comic book stories, they should be goofy and over the top.

Batman returns is actually terrible, you're just all wearing nostalgia glasses. It's stupid, boring and a lot of screentime is wasted by shit characters like Max Shrek.

Can we talk about Danny Devito and his sheer dedication to being The Penguin ? Because I think people don't appreciate himenough. Apart from Heath Ledger, I think he's probably the actor who went to the greatest lengths just to make a good performance in a cape film

>“No one would talk to Danny on the set because he scared everybody,” Tim Burton said. “I don’t know if that was his usual way of working, but there was a point where he just clicked into it and was completely this character who was totally antisocial, who had been out of the loop a little too long. Danny was 100 percent into the transformation. With the makeup and all, it was a complete creation.
>Danny DeVito allegedly refused a stand-in for the scene where the Penguin gets pelted with rotten food by an angry mob.
>We made a bodysuit for him that must have weighed a 100 pounds, and it was not out of foam, we were experimenting with silicon. It was such a miserable horrible thing to wear, and we were thinking how were we going to get it on the actor. Well, he loved it. He said "This is so uncomfortable, and this puts me in such a bad mood, that this is perfect for the Penguin".
>“When we were working with Danny on Big Fish [2003],” Shane Mahan said, “he told us that when he’d done the voice-over sessions for Batman Returns, it was much harder for him to find the character without the makeup on. So he actually went to the trouble of having the makeup put on him for the voice-over work, just to help him get into the character. That was a big compliment to us.

youtube.com/watch?v=3OBQY6PZ6kk

jesus fucking christ with this bullshit site. i've trying to upload one goddamn file of camren in the new gotham series using the whip and every fucking time this god damn motherfucking stupid shitty site gives me some kind of error

>wrong format
so i convert it to webm
>filesize too big its 3.1MB
try to reduce it
>cant put audio streams
like SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I EVEN POST ON THIS GODDAMN SITE ANYMORE. JUST LET ME POST A FUCKING MP4 THAT'S LIKE 3.1MB BIG IS THAT SO FUCKING HARD YOU GODDAMN STUPID FUCKING SITE

THEN OF COURSE YOU GET RANDOMLY BANNED FOR ANYTHING, THREADS GET DELETED BY LIBERAL MODS WITH ZERO PERSONALITY

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST Sup Forums YOU HAVE TURNED TO PURE GARBAGE. PURE FUCKING GARBAGE.

fucking triggered as fuck

this movie just became pure kino

Upload it on /wsg/.

You two encapsulate everything i hate.

returns was pretty quippy. I saw it in the theatres when I was like 12 with my dad. It was...awkward at times.
>lifes a bitch, so am I

no one clicks on crossboard posts

If you want to feel like a really pretentious twat, watch this movie in black and white. It really emphasizes Burton's German expressionist horror inspirations and actually looks quite good.

I love how he was just sitting in the dark brooding

u remind me of me

>wrong on both accounts

Then along came Spider-Man 2 and blew them both the fuck out.

So Burton and Raimi are cut from the same cloth then.

Based

There was more atmosphere with the batmobile driving around in the street seeing what the Penguin was doing while it snowed than all 3 of the Nolan movies combined.

Isn't Burton a jew ?

Keaton will always be my batman.
My birdman.
My multiplicity.
My croc.
My man.

I don't think so.

Post catwoman webms

It's my favorite Batman movie

dat ost

youtube.com/watch?v=MqhbPhmVC04

I AM NOT A HUMAN BEING
I AM AN ANIMAL
COLD-BLOODED

I AM THE TRASHMAN

BR is on HBO..guess that's the movie I'm falling asleep to tonight.

That's what happens when the studios decide to makert them specifically for normies and not the comic book fans.

Please tell me how the fuck you get good quality WebMs under 3MB, Hiroshimoot's been fucking slaughtering my WebM quality with that limit.

the one with jam carrey is better. this one has the penguin waddling around forever and then catwoman whoopdedoo

Danny's a fucking pro. one of the best actors in the game

>Batman Forever
>halfway between zany and serious
>good

Batman&Robin was better. It's awful but funny as fuck.

How would snyder handle this scene?

>meow.

it kills me that there are no fetish videos of Pfeiffer in that Catwoman outfit. Ticks off way too many boxes, hot DAMN.

If this movie was released today, it would be considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest, capekino.

Outside of Ledger's Joker, Burton BTFOs Nolan so hard.

why do they feel the need to include her panting

I thought that bit was suppose to show her being an athletic bad ass or something

youtube.com/watch?v=eXsHxqTxfhI

>Can we talk about Danny Devito and his sheer dedication to being The Penguin ?

You type like a gay

I blew several loads to Michelle Pfeiffer in this movie.

Thanks for the update

Shut up and kiss me

I'll keep you posted if and when I choose to blow another.

It's ironic. Schumacher's last Batman film was way naughtier than Returns, thanks to Uma Thurman and the whole bidding on hot women scene. Yet it still sold the most toys.
Sure Returns had the Penguin biting someone's nose (not off. Just biting) and the whole "just the pussy I've been looking for" scene; But no one explicitly said those movies were for Kids in the first place.

But he wasn't the Penguin. Penguin is a gangster criminal fat cat. He's munipulative, cunning, and power hungry.
He is NOT: a child murderer, a literal penguin, or someone who gets his hands dirty.
He literally had a whole speech in which he called himself an animal while ripping his clothes off. In the comtext of the film... it's silly but it works. But don't think for a second that he was playing the character right.

In yerms of where he falls? He's next to Jared Keto's Joker. Meanwhile Robin Taylor comes closer to Heath's performance with his live action portrayal

>Literally too deep for snyderfags brain.

>the Jewish groups who felt offended by Penguin's characterization

This is the first time I heard it so I had to look it up. Apparently some someone with a delicate anus wrote an opinion piece in New York Times, where he claimed that Penguin reminded him of some Nazi caricatures. So fucking stupid. Penguin was just a weird creepy looking fuck - it's not like anti-semitic caricatures have a monopoly on that, and besides, Penguins parents were portrayed as stereotypical rich WASPs.

That guy also claimed that Max Schreck was a Jewish stereotype as well because he used the word "schmo". Also fucking retarded. Gotham was always based on New York and a lot of New York gentiles use Yiddish slang. It doesn't mean shit

I'm a New York Jew btw

>a lot of screentime is wasted by shit characters like Max Shrek.

better than Ding-ding luthor, Fridge Quinn and Honka-Honka mad man.

Which is funny because they used the black skull in the first one

oh shit. Is this dare I say kino?

>>Bruce Wayne why are you dressed as Batman?