Honestly speaking, making a decent looking toy out of this would've been impractical

Honestly speaking, making a decent looking toy out of this would've been impractical.

I'd buy a Tashy plushy.

Not really. I can imagine a toy about the size of a usual small action figure or about the size of that one toy for Small Soldiers.

Sorry, but a 6" Titan mass-produced action figure would look terrible.

It's possible to make a toy with a transparent outer shell, you just need the knowhow.

yeah it'd have to be 10 inches minimum.
then they'd do 6-inch of the others, and theyd be horribly out of scale and look bad..

Would just be a clear plastic toy with random inside biits. Not that complicated.

The fuck is that?

no, the complicated part would've been getting the kids to buy something that ugly

what in the fuck is this?

u knoe who needs a figma?

That's what has me skeptical. How many American toy manufacturers are willing to go the distance of adequately coloring the internal parts on a non-collectors toy?

Not to mention trying to have multiple transparent shells that passes as seamless sounds like an engineering nightmare.

Corus

Well this thing is from Mattel and is part of their Monster High line. So if they can get a deal with Mattel a Sym-Titan figure could be possible.

Considering how much people complain about how bad Mattel's DC figures are, it wouldn't have stood a chance.

I am surprise that Bandai didn't jump all over this though. It's right up their alley, and they already had Ben 10 and ThunderCats.

Kids don't buy toys anymore, they buy video games.

This show was weird. It was really just a slice of life with an epic robot battle shoehorned at the end

The show was best when it stopped trying to do highschool shit

I used to have the toy on the left in this picture as a kid and I always assumed a toy from this show would look like that.

Is this a real one or a custom?

Another one I still have actually

there was talk about not selling enough toys being one of the reasons why the show was canned, but what I want to know is: does cartoon network related toys actually sell? I find it hard to believe that toys are the main driving point of the show to the point of cancelling a show based on how many toys it sells. We're they expecting their toys to sell as much as say star wars toys? I'm probably out of the loop on toys

Ben 10 toys apparently sell pretty well.
Which is why they keep rebooting it.

we have literally been making transparent action figures since the fucking 70s

Half the robot toys made of combining robots don't actually combine.

Sym-Bionic Titan was cancelled because Mattel sold too many Secret Saturdays and Generator Rex toys to retailers that didn't sell, so they were led to believe that kids didn't want toys based on cartoons.

They also sold too many Man of Steel and Green Lantern movie toys to retailers, and made one wave of terrible Young Justice figures that were priced higher than their competition so retailers refused to buy DC toys, which got GL:TAS cancelled.

Mattel killed action cartoons single handedly

you don't understand

clear plastic is L I T E R A L L Y impossible to make

That is made of nip magic so it doesn't count

It's a real toy put out by Mattel. She's the one on the left and if you click the head the eyes change, too.