Cracking vote, Gromit!

I did not expect a US editorial cartoon to reference W&G.

And yet Wallace always wins in the end.
Really makes you think.

Wallace loves cheese way too much to quit Europe.

Well, it's not exactly wrong...

I remember sometime in the mid 90s CN would show Wallace and Gromit

so glad they did that

What you don't realize is that Wallace invented parachute trousers and will fall gracefully to Earth. He may lose a few pounds but he will make it all up in patents.

Only because the more intelligent Gromit will eventually save him from himself.

>He may lose a few pounds

I think the tally at this point is already 125 billion quid, mate.

>Remainers still butthurt

How's that petition going

Oh so that's what Brexit is.
I'm so disconnected from most media that I thought it was some chav speech for "ur Europe m8, we gon' breaks it".

Those loses can be made up by cutting funding to border security

I want Wallace and Gromit: Escape from EU movie.

What?
Leaving Europe means border security will need more funds, not less.

But Britain is one of the biggest cheese producers in the world

I didn't think of the CHEEEESE Gromit. I've voted already, but I didn't consider the tariff on French CHEEESES Gromit.

WALLACE IS A FUCKING TRAITOR TO HIS HOMELAND. FUCKING RACE TRAITOR CUNT. WHATS WRONG WITH LANCASHIRE CHEESE

And everything will work out fine and it won't be the end of the world, despite the histrionic shrieking of tweenage tumblrinas convinced that 52% of the population is old racist white working class cis men who have doomed the country forever.

>that episode where Wallace and Gromit set up anti-refugee gadgets

They have doomed the country though. The UK won't exist past another decade

go away dumb frog poster

>64% of the 18-30 year olds didn't even vote
>"IT IS THE OLD PEOPLE'S FAULT"

kek, I liked all the videos coming out of 20-something remainers saying things like "well I'm on summer holidays so I was too tired to get out of bed this is unfair!"

the EU have already shown they wont exist past the decade with their mandatory accepting of all refuges who have proven to be nothing but a burden to everything they touch

I have so many pepes I could crash the pepe market myself

the UK was never a real part of Europe for most of its life, they aren't as important as the media want to believe.
it's gonna be another matter when France leave though.

this bolds well with trump getting elected if 64% of the retards don't vote

>implying
The Brits have a bunch of problems they created themselves, and they've also created some of the EU problems too. I hate the EU as much as the next guy but there's little indication they have anything to be smug about. Leaving the EU is not going to magically fix the UK, Nigels.
t. Swissman.

Serious question though would Wallace actually vote Leave? Like there was a lot of cross-party support with working class Labour voters from the north of England voting leave alongside middle class Tory voters in the south of England but would Wallace fall into some kind of Tory stereotype?

I heard somewhere Karen's parents would probably be Libdem voters and probably be for remain so I'm wondering where Wallace would fall.

It's not about the EU. It's about the fact that the UK has voted to disintegrate.

Scotland will leave, Irish Unification looks more likely than it's ever done, and Wales absolutely won't want to stay if the UK is just itself and England

Bodes. It bodes well.

Hey now, there's Man, Jersey and Guernesey.

Well, The only immigrants we've seen in his area have well assimilated into the community, such as joining in with all the vegetable nonsense. Also, he's a scientist so he probably receives EU funding. So he probably voted remain.

Oh yeah the EU is shit, don't get me wrong, but Britain fucked itself to begin with, the EU didn't do that and leaving it won't unfuck much.

>55% of the Scottish are therefore proven statists and therefore would rather be in the EU

>The Irish will riot if the borders are restricted

>the welsh hate the english

I'm a German Eurofag, but eh, the UK will survive this. They'll take a hit, the EU will take a hit, Scotland might GTFO and it'll all suck for a while, but eventually everyone will shuffle on regardless.

Once those hilarious politicians come out of hiding, that is.

The funny thing is most of the "damage" from the vote has already bounced back for the most part, people spiked the stocks because they thought Remain was gonna win and freaked out when Leave won

>smug british pepe
>not nervously sweating pepe
Good jorb on having to have even MORE being put into border security, AND also supporting the funny-sounding welfare states to the north and the west, and that's not even going into how systematically and brutally London is being fucked in all holes

*MORE money

> Irish Unification looks more likely than it's ever done
Nuh-uh!
The Republic don't want the North back.

If they fuck up, it's just going to end up being just England with London as an independant city state smack in the middle of it.

What the republic wants has never been a factor

UK isn't a county. It's several. Your geography teacher wants sacking.

People claiming it's an economical disaster because of a stock dip are retarded. All of the fearmongering isn't doing anyone any good, because fearmongering is nonsense by definition, so the fearmonger's position weakens every time they don't get their way and all the disasters they predicted don't happen.

It's one of the big things that's doing the EU in, at the moment. The EU massively overestimates its own importance. This also leads to an aloof governing style where they scoff at democratic checks on their power, because they believe they are "on the right side of history", which is a load of bollocks if I ever heard one.

>all the leave voters who voted leave for the bantz and are now experiencing buyer's remorse

kek

KEK

It's actually kind of beautiful to watch when you think about it, the media, the establishment, the merchant banks, and all the other fuckers in power were convinced that Brexit would lose but the people showed them that they don't control them
>Remorse
All those stories of remorse are bullshit, it's just remain faggots trying to make people think Leave wants a re-vote

To say nothing of reigniting the Troubles again. Its bad enough at the best of times, but if you actually look at the figures there's a solid Leave vote running right through NI around Belfast.

Turns out if you don't really listen to a vast swathe of your people's concerns and keep enacting policies that fuck over a significant proportion of them for years, eventually they're going to lash out and kneecap something because they don't like you and they have nothing else to lose. In this case, the knees belong to David "Pig Porker" Cameron and the world economy.

>reigniting the Troubles

I'd fucking laugh. Is it wrong that I found wanky Irish-American bitches that'd never seen Ireland talking fondly about the IRA to be the funniest fucking shit this side of a one-legged two-dicked clown?

The best part is many of the EU markets aren't bouncing back nearly as well

Yeah, pretty much. Brexit is the direct result of mounting trouble in the EU, and it's honestly worrying that no-one is fucking talking about that, instead just blaming the other half of the country for taking advantage of their democratic rights.

Instead of people saying "maybe people have a legit reason to be upset with the EU, and it's the EU's job to placate them" you've got people saying "old people shouldn't have the right to vote" while suggesting that we lower the age to vote to 16.

This partisan style of politics could be the thing that ignites Europe in a few years. And it pisses me off that the people who I see as chiefly responsible -the ones unwilling to listen to the desires of their own countrymen- will be the ones shouting the hardest that it's all someone else's fault.

UK was one of the biggest financial contributors to the EU, so it makes sense that them leaving would hurt EU more than hurting UK

That's the joke

>isle of man becoming an independent state
Then again
>Ireland becoming an independent state

>"maybe people have a legit reason to be upset with the EU, and it's the EU's job to placate them"

Spaghetti fag here and I can assure you that almost every party here, even the pro EU ones always say that.

Even in this exact moment that's what the Prime minister is saying, just before leaving for a summit with the other EU members to choose what to do.

I was against Brexit, but maybe this time the EU will finally become that more centralized organization that wuill actually listen to the people's problems, I hope.

Gr8 craic

Well, I'm glad you guys aren't succombing to hysteria. I'm Dutch, and the established parties here have traditionally been quite aloof about these matters, and their supporters with them. We had the Ukraine referendum, and after our NO majority, we had our PM say that he hates referenda. And, of course, the people of the YES camp making up all sorts of excuses why the referendum was not valid. I really hate the game of Calvinball people tend to play AFTER the results are in. Especially when it revolves around "strategic voting", which people should just stop doing.

>but maybe this time the EU will finally become that more centralized organization that wuill actually listen to the people's problems, I hope.

I hope so, too. I'm fairly EU-sceptical, but that does not mean I'm against the EU as a whole. I'm against the culture of governing that it exhibits. A union that falls apart at the first sign of crisis, and refuses to deal with said crisis, isn't a very useful union, in my opinion.

Why would they need to put more money into border security? Britain was already keeping the Calais migrants out with their existing border security.

But how will this affect the British furry community?

So long, Union Jack.

Hmmm. I'm a fucking casual so I don't know. Is there a Captain Scotland, ireland, wales, and northern ireland equivalent?

>How's that petition going
kek

we are amazing assholes sometimes aren't we 4chins?

>Yeah, pretty much. Brexit is the direct result of mounting trouble in the EU
Yeah, because Cameron calling it to keep his own party members in line totes is the fault of Brussel. Fucking Brussel has been paying about half of UK's papers to print lies about the EU as well. They totally deserve this.

Really, the worst you could say about them is that they're paying the UKIP, but the English apparently don't even recognize that they repeatedly voted those clowns into EU parliament completely on their own either.

>Instead of people saying "maybe people have a legit reason to be upset with the EU, and it's the EU's job to placate them"
It's not the EU's function to stop the UK from fucking its own people over as long as the UK isn't breaking multiple human rights laws in the process.
Likewise it isn't the EU's job to fix member state's political systems, tell them to spend that goddamn cash they've been provided with to fix their infrastructure or prevent yet another shadow council/conspiracy from dictating italian poltics.

>Scotland
>Leave

Yeah no. Spain and Belgium have already promised to keep them out of the EU if they go independent and they cannot afford to lose the Pound.

>Only because the more intelligent Gromit will eventually save him from himself.

>Gromit goes straight to the House of Lords in order to wake up its members so that they could finally realise that plebeians and their House of Commons handlers have lost their track once more

I must say that Brits have a fairly good system - in addition to the regular parliament there is always one to set the bullshit straight should the lower house lose their mind again!

Bad for EU.

Great for Britain.
They are already recovering.

>Yeah, because Cameron calling it to keep his own party members in line totes is the fault of Brussel.

This, Cameron took a gamble with something far beyond his depth and lost. Apparently 2/3 of the Parliament didn't want Brexit to happen at all, which means that either the decision to start the process itself will be stalled, or abandoned after year one of the two allowed for this chapter.

>UK leaving a faltering EU behind is a good idea

>But Scotland leaving behind a faltering UK is a bad idea that should be avoided at all costs

Nice doublethink, Sup Forumstard. :^)

Heh. There's no way the EU takes them back. UK will be begging for every bit of economic access they previously had just to keep afloat, and have to pay for it, all while having no influence on EU policy any longer. Even if anyone in the EU cared about the UK, every one of them is perfectly fine with the idea of the US's pocket vote no longer being a member.

>They are already recovering.

>T-t-the first few days after the referendum have been OK!

>This means that we will be doing just fine after the real exit process begins!

The brief exchange tremor was the result of referendum - NOT of the Brexit procedure itself, let alone UK actually leaving EU.

>There's no way the EU takes them back.
We haven't left yet, faggot.

Political cartoons are the lowest, most dishonest form of discourse imaginable.

>Isle of Wight becomes an independant state
>Enters a Coalition with Portsmouth founded on mutual hatred of Southampton.

Seriously. Fuck those scummers.

>Heh. There's no way the EU takes them back.

I'm not talking about letting UK back in - I rather doubt that political elite of UK might push for the Brexit to complete in full.

If anything, one year from now a Chav will be overjoyed with conservatists stating that by discontinuing the procedure they 'proved' that UK can easily survive on their own and as such they chose to remain as the bigger man in this relationship.

The process of leaving takes longer than a few days. Like any divorce, it's a long, complicated and draining process.

Funny how all the funding for the IRA from America sort of stopped around about a certain September isn't it?

Would that be the Petition that a Leave supporter started when it looked like they were going to lose?

As a man who listens to a lot of call-in radio, I respectfully disagree.

You mean a month before the PIRA started disarming?

Reads like his suicide note.

It's remarkable. I had thought that convincing the poor to cut their own heads off for the sake of the wealthy was something exclusive to American politics.

Where can I watch all of W&G? I wanna get my nostalgia on.

>Scotland can only survive without the UK if it can join the EU
>the EU doesn't want Scotland

>parliament will just ignore the will of the people
>surely this won't piss the people off

Remain is delusional as fuck

Local call in stuff is pure entertainment though. The people are so willfully ignorant that it's hilarious. Political cartoons on the other hand are literally nothing but strawman arguments that attempt to deceive people.

What was Scotland's last currency?

Non-/brit/ here.

Seems like it was a bad idea to leave, but it's not going to be the end of the world, and it was almost worth it to see all dem salty lefties.

Quims

>Brexit is the direct result of mounting trouble in the EU, and it's honestly worrying that no-one is fucking talking about that

I'm pretty sure the EU is. Day after the vote I saw headlines about EU officials saying they need to reexamine the EU and what isn't working within it.

It would be hilarious if Britain leaving is what gives the Union the kick in the balls it need to get it's shit together. So they reform where they need to, trim the bureaucracy. Take greater stock of regional and national concerns.

Neither will the EU, given how things are going

No. Wallace loves BRITISH cheese. He doesn't enjoy foreign cheeses. I don't even think he likes soft cheese.

In fairness, Parliament has been ignoring the will of the people ever since they realised that the people will grumble and complain but ultimately never do anything as long as they're easily distracted by a new episode of Britains Got Talent or X-Factor.
Especially when it's an issue that way too complicated for anyone to understand and furthermore one they can just procrastinate over until nobody cares anymore.

the very same "will of the people" that has 15~% of leave voters recanting their shit. This is why referendums are fucking retarded and shouldn't even be a thing.

It's bad for both. And they're both going to recover, it's gonna be a bumpy ride though.

That's from people getting shaken up by the investors going full damage control. Which was clearly stated to happen. And was clearly stated that it will recover in time.

>everyone with a different opinion than mine is just stupid and I know better than them what they really want
Wanna know how I know you vote democrat?

>Day after the vote I saw headlines about EU officials saying they need to reexamine the EU and what isn't working within it.

If you read the same article I did, that was at some party or another for the birthday of one of the EP parties. There were voices, from Tusk and Dijsselbloem, calling for careful reform. There were other voices saying they needed to go ahead with their old plans even harder than before.

Personally, I think the EU is too set in its ways to start reforming.

>mass importing polish people to replace british workers is good for british workers

How do people like you even, I don't know, breathe?

Who are you quoting?

>And was clearly stated that it will recover in time.

Right. I thought blind trust in lofty assurances is what put you in this mess, are you sure you want to go around repeating more of that?

>Local call in stuff is pure entertainment though.
So is horoscopes but that doesn't stop people who write and read it from believing it.

>15~% of leave voters recanting their shit

...according to remain voters...