This was fucking amazing. Felt like a true successor to TDKR (even though it was a pre-quel)...

This was fucking amazing. Felt like a true successor to TDKR (even though it was a pre-quel). Is Miller back to his old glory?

What did you guys think?

Yeah, it was pretty allright but not that necessary. However it's milles better than Strikes Again and Master Race. Maybe because it's a very focused, ground-level Batman story instead of an ensemble of various DC heroes with Old Man Batman sprinkled in it here and there. But you should give credit to Azzarello too, he does the heavy lifting.

Doubt Miller had much to do with it at all. Azzerello did all of it

Only a few pages seem very Azzarello-ish.

I liked that that they even refrenced ASBAR, with Alfred mentioning that Bruce also had phase when he was young and more reckless and brutal, and acting nuts.

Franks said this is more his book than Azzerello's, but it was his idea to include Killer Croc.

So are they ever going to finish ASBAR?

miller finished it years ago
we're just waiting on lee

I don't think so, they've been saying they're working on Dark Knight, Boy Wonder since like 2011.

However, just get Lee out of the picture and I think they could finish it.

And it rocked, desu.
>I don't want to be eaten

I enjoyed it. Much better than TDKSA and DK3. JRJR isn't too bad too in it.

Azz did most of it. Miller came up with the story concept, co-plotted, did dialogue assists, and acted as a "creative consultant". Azz did the actual scripting. Same goes for Dark Knight 3.

See above.

Who would you pick to replace Lee then?

Tony Daniel?
His style's a little more cartoonish, but I don't think it'd be that big a change for ABAR vol 2.

After reading The Last Crusade I wouldn't mind JRJR actually.

Other than him, Gary Frank, Capullo or Patrick Gleason

None of those will ever happen though.

I could go with Daniel actually, for the same reason you said.

I could even imagine Finch doing it, as long as he had the same guy doing the colors on King's Batman. Forgot the name though.

Matt Banning? He has the uncanny talent to make Finch's art not bad.

I really enjoyed it overall. I kind of wish they would've mentioned what Dick was up to though.

Lee's waiting on Miller to die so it will sell bajillions

This books just fucking nailed everything. The art, the dialogue, the characterization, the abrupt ending instead of going with an overblown comic-style ending. Everything just works.

I also really feel like Year One, ASBAR, TDKR and so on work even better with this one shot, it just sort of ties the character development of this world's Bruce together really well.

I doubt it
Lee keeps doing other projects and they've said they want to finish it since 2010

To me it's a bit weird that DC isn't pushing it harder, ASBAR sold incredibly well.

Maybe theyre embarrassed by it.
It's more infamous than just famous.

And nobody liked it though and people don't really like Miller anymore
I think DC is tired of getting shat on all the time

It's got 3.15/5 on goodreads from like four thousand people. It's not universally hated exactly.

>inb4 citing goodreads

That didn't stop them from making more Dark Knight after DK2

True but Miller/Lee wasn't the first choice for All Star
It was originally Loeb and some other artist

Second arc was gonna be drawn by Art Adams

>Is Miller back to his old glory?

He never left

DK3 was embarrassing, Azz and Kubert holding him back

Is DK3 finished?

No it got delayed. Last issue was 4 and it's supposed to be 8

No. We're only half way through it.

The delays are getting embarrassing desu. What is causing the delays? The huge amount of variant covers or are the artists drawing the pages really slow?

#5 is out on Wednesday. #6 is nowhere to be seen in the September solicits. Is Andy Kubert a slow artist or doing his obligations at the Kubert School?

At least it's not as bad as ASBAR.

DC's site says issue 6 is coming August 31, though I guess that's been changed?

>DC's site says issue 6 is coming August 31, though I guess that's been changed?
DC cancelled the original solicit for #6 to be resolicited at a later date.

Oh. All right then.

>Lets do this

Based user. Go!

>Millers jokers has and always will be the best part of DKR

I really hope so, but at this point Lee is just trolling us

>This stories supposed to be set around the 60s right?

What is going on on this page?

They're transporting joker to his cel

>are the artists drawing the pages really slow?
If Kubert is that slow for mediocre art people should be embarrassed

So what do you guys think of DKR3?

Bought this having never read TDKR for the art alone. This is the comeback special of JrJr. He's back.

It's okay so far, but I wish it had been released in 4 oversized issues instead of 8 normal sized issues.

>How can they see anything under those bandages?

I'm all for not rushing anybody but so far they've been taking there sweet ass time releasing these issues

Pretty good so far and I hated pretty much everything miller did since 9/11. Especially that Batman seems like a pretty nice guy for once and not a total psycho like any other Miller-Batman-story.
Keep 'em coming

What was he?

>Be back in 10 have to walk the dog

The way Jason is killed off works so well in the millerverse. There's no dignity to it and so straightforward. Really drives home home how fucked sidekicks are especially on earth 31

straight

Why is joker allowed to walk around in a insane asylum

Nice to see Romita not phoning it in. It's like he only cares if it's Punisher, Daredevil, or Batman.

This.

>Especially that Batman seems like a pretty nice guy for once and not a total psycho like any other Miller-Batman-story.

Yeah I think that was the most unexpected part about this.

I like his spidey...

No, it was going to be Loeb writing and Jim Lee drawing.

Then Loeb decided to go over to Marvel (one person on Bleeding Cool's forums who used to be in contact with him said that Loeb and others were competing with Didio to oversee DC, and so when Didio got the job, Loeb decided to leave. But then the BC forums got nuked so I can't find the post anymore.)

Also is right in that the second arc was going to be drawn by Art Adams and involved Man-Bat. Adams actually started working on it around the time All Star Batman was still a Loeb project.

HE CANT KEEP NOT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

I can post the Art Adams WIP pages after the storytime if anyone wants.

If ASBAR doesn't get worked on after DKIII is done and Lee finishes his 4 and a half issues of Suicide Squad then it'll probably never get finished.

joker is so attractive in this

bruce is a lucky guy

It's weird Gordon never shows up but besides that this is great

Go on ahead, I've never seen them before.

Shit goes down

Does Jason die in this? What happened to Dick if he didn't turn night wing?

Now

So, how did he and Dick stopped working together in the Millerverse? Is it shown in any of these new comics?

Yes
and Dick didn't turn out too good, got experimented on and went crazy and became Joker II to piss Bruce off