ITT: Women from history that you admire and respect

>Princess Olga was the wife of Igor of Kiev, who was killed by the Drevlians. At the time of her husband's death, their son Svyatoslav was three years old, making Olga the official ruler of Kievan Rus until he reached adulthood. The Drevlians wanted Olga to marry their Prince Mal, making him the ruler of Kievan Rus, but Olga was determined to remain in power and preserve it for her son.

>The Drevlians sent twenty of their best men to persuade Olga to marry their Prince Mal and give up her rule of Kievan Rus. She had them buried alive. Then she sent word to Prince Mal that she accepted the proposal, but required their most distinguished men to accompany her on the journey in order for her people to accept the offer of marriage. The Drevlians sent their best men who governed their land. Upon their arrival, she offered them a warm welcome and an invitation to clean up after their long journey in a bathhouse. After they entered, she locked the doors and set fire to the building, burning them alive.

>With the best and wisest men out of the way, she planned to destroy the remaining Drevlians. She invited them to a funeral feast so she could mourn over her husband's grave, where her servants waited on them. After the Drevlians were drunk, Olga's soldiers killed over 5,000 of them. She returned to Kiev and prepared an army to attack the survivors. The Drevlians begged for mercy and offered to pay for their freedom with honey and furs. She asked for three pigeons and three sparrows from each house, since she did not want to burden the villagers any further after the siege. They were happy to comply with such a reasonable request.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_McClintock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Now Olga gave to each soldier in her army a pigeon or a sparrow, and ordered them to attach by thread to each pigeon and sparrow a piece of sulfur bound with small pieces of cloth. When night fell, Olga bade her soldiers release the pigeons and the sparrows. So the birds flew to their nests, the pigeons to the cotes, and the sparrows under the eaves. The dove-cotes, the coops, the porches, and the haymows were set on fire. There was not a house that was not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught on fire at once. The people fled from the city, and Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them. Thus she took the city and burned it, and captured the elders of the city. Some of the other captives she killed, while some she gave to others as slaves to her followers. The remnant she left to pay tribute.

Russian women are scary

>sent twenty of their best

fucking drevlians

she sounds like a bit of a bitch desu

She's a saint in both Orthodox and Roman Catholic church.

>fucking drevlians

i wonder if any ukrainians, belarussians or russians know if they descend from one of the ancient tribes like the drevlians?

>folk tale

yep, thats exactly what happened, word for word

how many saints are mass murderers?

Most of Slavic nations are made up of various Slavic tribes that congregated into larger tribes.
Since then 1000 years passed so I doubt someone can track his ancestry to a certain tribe.

Surprisingly many.

>folk tale

Actual history.

She did literally nothing wrong.

Kinda scary

Why there is no Joan of Arc here yet?

>Question: Do you know whether or not you are in God's grace?
>Joan: If I am not, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me. I should be the saddest creature in the world if I knew I were not in His grace."

>The question was a deliberate attempt to entrap her, since the Church's doctrine held that no one could be certain of being in God's grace; and yet answering 'no' could also be used against her because the judge could claim she had admitted to being in a state of sin. Joan's response, neatly avoiding the theological trap, left the court "stupefied" according to one of the notaries, Boisguillaume.

one can try to guess using geography, i think many west ukrainians descend from devlians, that's why they're so butthurt, genetics.

Whatta woman!

Hillary Rodham Clinton

>first lady
>senator
>secretary of state
>soon to be president

Not going to lie, sounds like something my girlfriend would do, except that the psycho would kill some by herself

>Things that never happened

Not even gonna bother with part 2

Why are you saying this though? It did happen.

None

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_McClintock

Madame Ching or Ching Shih (1775–1844)[1]:65 (simplified Chinese: 郑氏; traditional Chinese: 鄭氏; pinyin: Zhèng Shì; Cantonese: Jihng Sih; "widow of Zheng"), also known as Cheng I Sao (simplified Chinese: 郑一嫂; traditional Chinese: 鄭一嫂; pinyin: Zhèng Yī Sǎo; Cantonese: Jihng Yāt Sóu; "wife of Zheng Yi"), was a prominent pirate in middle Qing China, who terrorized the China Sea in the early 19th century. She commanded over 300 junks manned by 20,000 to 40,000 pirates[1]:71—men, women, and even children; though other sources report that she had more than 1,500 vessels of various sizes with a crew upwards of 180,000.[2] She entered into conflict with the existing empires of the time, such as the British, Portuguese and the Qing dynasty. She was one of the few pirate captains to retire from piracy.

(pic related)

>Nobody posted her
Sup Forums disapoints me.

Joan is pretty sick.

The only woman I can call Based.

Boudica

Russia.
Warhammer before Warhammer was created.

All mothers, and other women that ain't cunts

>>folktale
>>things that never happened

It's real history. She's the mother of Sviatoslav of Kiev I, he fought against Bulgaria and the Khazars, he also fought against the Byzantine Empire, after they stabbed him in the back like a bunch of rats.

Not even your own mother?
Wow, life must suck for you

"Kievan Rus" is time period, not a state.
State was "Rus".

>posting this bitch
>not Isabel la catolica

Marie Curie
>penniless
>supported her sister for two years
>had to work while getting her degree
>rejected by a university because she was a woman
>won two Nobel prizes

>ywn fuck an hot asian piratess

> Women from history that you admire and respect
Aside from holy family of Saint Emperor Nicolas II, it`s Anna Ioanovna.

> undermined western occupation intelligence forces
> restored national monarchy

Well I will avoid to date russian girls

Is it her or Catherine the great that ban capital punishment?

Please be in London (Ontario)

God bless.

Anna Yegorova was hardcore.

nippon wiminz best wiminz

Valentina Tereshkova first woman in space.

Read what Queen Boudica had to say about Romans, jews, homosexuals, and immigrants. I remember feeling a tingling in my body the first time I read this:

"I rule not, like Nitocris, over beasts of burden, as are the effeminate nations of the East, nor like Semiramis over mere tradesmen and traffickers like the Egyptians, nor like the man-woman Nero, over slaves and eunechs, such is the precious literature these Romans would introduce among us; but I rule over Britons little skilled indeed in craft and policy, but born and trained to the game of war-men who in the cause of liberty stake down their own lves, the lives of the wives and children, their lands and property. Queen of such a race, I implore thine aid for freedom-for victory over enemies infamous for the wantonness of the wrongs they inflict, for their perversions of justice, for their contempt of religion, for their insatiable greed; a people that revel in unmanly pleasures, that cannot live without luxurious dishes, or sleep except on beds of down-whose affections are more to be dreaded and abhorred than their wars. Never let a foreigner bear rule over me or these my countrymen! Never let slavery reign in this Isle-it's proper home is Rome."

It should be noted that these words were bracketed to an appeal to 'Andraste,' possibly the goddess of Victory, so there is some unfortunate heathenism mixed into this otherwise amazing appeal. Also, most histories will say that she eventually lost to the Romans and killed herself on the battlefield.

it is a state though