Could OPM Crossover With DC?

so according to an user on Sup Forums,WB and Fox are fighting for the live action movie rights to OPM

this is what the user said
"One Punch Man:
Many studios are trying to get the license for this and make a Live Action movie happen. This is one of the hottest brands right now more than we realize. People like Fox and WB are acting like One Punch Man can compete with the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

so,if WB get the rights,what are the chances it could crossover with DC?

Other urls found in this thread:

static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11125/111253630/4890965-saitama one shots sea king sending a shockwave from his fist.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Genos movie
>Tatsumaki movie
>Fubuki movie
>Bang movie
What?

actually WB said in an AMA that they want to make a mumen rider movie

or oe with x men if fox gets it

I honestly don't understand the appeal of this manga/anime

What's the main character's powers? Superstrength?

It's parody, bro.
I think it's MTG's Deathtouch but without killing.

Without?
No no no

saitama is pretty relatable

he is really fast,strong and durable
not really a super power since all he did was basic muscle training,so a really strong normal human

>believing something this completely and utterly bullshit

oh its definitely not bullshit

Oh shit I know that guy

He's my friend's Uncle

>it's definitely not bullshit because somebody tripfagged on fucking Sup Forums of all places to spread industry insider knowledge

Why would you even WANT it to crossover with DC or any other cape universe? Saitama wouldn't even feel that unique in any of them.

what i wanna know is if any opm character will get a tv show,like zombie man for example

Guy does "extreme" exercise routine, breaks whatever keeps living organisms at a set power maximum, gains limitless physical power and durability.

Oh and speed. Basically all his physical attributes are above 9,000,000,000,000,000,000

>not really a super power since all he did was basic muscle training,so a really strong normal human
That's a joke. He did normal strength training for a few years and THINKS that that's why he's so strong.

Saitama is effectively invulnerable and can kill or destroy anything with a single punch. There's more than pushups involved.

I don't get why he is always fighting heroes, is he a villain or something?

It's a "My dad can beat your dad" thing.

>Implying modern comic heroes don't fight each other continuously.

OPM itself plays on this trope, heroes are constantly picking fights with him either intentionally or by "mistake".

You know what? There's literally no point in having different boards anymore. You faggots are constantly going against the rules and posting shit on boards they don't belong on.

Take your memeshit, take it back to Sup Forums, and fucking kill yourself. For fucks sake.

>always fighting heroes

He fights a bunch of villains incomparably more often. Did you even read the manga or are you just assuming all the heroes in that universe are the good guys?

It's simple minded fun and doesn't necessarily beat around the bush getting to the action we want to see happening. It's got a basic premise but it takes it some miles in execution which is what really matters. And its plotline has pretty good pace and is upholding interest rather well too; it's only been getting better since it started years ago until now. Very rare for a shonen, let alone any type of series period.

Beat everyone in a fight if it isn't a serious one that matters.

E.g.: He can't kill a mosquito, he can't beat King at videogames despite his insane perception and reflexes because it makes for funny contrast. He defies set boundaries and logic for the two biggest fights of his series yet (survives the cold vaccum of space despite being limited to human properties, defies "I can predict everything you do and I move faster than you and I'm stronger than you and have more battle experience and training than you" with "nah".)

Just think of it as gwenpool

>(survives the cold vaccum of space despite being limited to human properties,

Do YOU even read the Manga?
He can survive planet-busting attacks, he's never had any sort of "human" limitations.

OPM would be better in Marvel.
He's not a serious character.

So he leaves corpses behind? My bad, all my knowledge is from out of context gifs.

Better action, pacing, characters and heart than both Marvel and DC have had for DECADES

>So he leaves corpses behind?
Or bits and pieces.

Only if your an otaku who doesn't actually read good DC or Marvel titles.

>Fubuki movie
She'd only get a tv series.

I was judging based on the fan arts it spawns, I don't read meme manga built on a joke.

id watch that
also,i think DC they are probably gonna make a crossover with one of the DC live action shows

>Rebecca Sugar
Kek. Now I know that's bait.

You are right 96 is too far back, best one since about 2002 though really easily.

No, that really is what has happened, however there is ONE supernatural thing that has happened to him that made that normal muscle training pay off that much, in that he broke a limiter. You know, when real humans train, no matter how much they train their legs, they will never be able to go supersonic speed because there is only so much human muscles etc. can improve/take before actually damaging the body.
Saitama does not have that. He can train his body without limits so during those 3 years his muscles improved and improved and improved etc. until they are incredibly durable, strong and fast.

He is not invulnerable, just more durable than anything the series has provided in terms of energy attacks and blunt attacks. For example, he can still be scratched and bitten by a mosquito. Notice how he always blocks or dodges bladed weapons.

He is everything a human can do, just times a million.
This is why he can be cut, no matter how much we train, we can't harden our skin a single bit. Or no matter how much we train, we can't "become better at flying". As he noted when genos wondered if he can fly "Of course i can't, humans can't fly"

Similar, his power is not "to destroy everything in one punch" it's just that his punch is that strong, that anything that has stood in front of it was simply too weak. Which is why Boros was still alive after a serious punch for a few seconds, or how Evil Natural Water was still alive(it just took itself a lot longer to regenerate, but it IS killable under different conditions)

>Fox

Oh boy. Its Dragonball Evolution all over again.

I know that. What I meant to say was that he's limited to human actions, it's just that those actions mixed with luck are infinite. Surviving the cold vaccum of space is just outside the realm of "human", even in the warped understanding Saitama puts it in.

>meme [noun]
>implying OPM is built on a singular joke

Gas yourself

>implying both companies haven't had good books out since then
Look, I like OPM, but no need to overpraise it like that. It's really fun, but not much else.

I think you are undervaluing what it does do.

So how long until Hollywood goes after that Boku no Pico Academy manga?

Seems right up their alley.

>Implying any western studio gives half a fuck about One Meme Man
Please lose weight.

About the same time you and the other off-topic spamming retards die in a fire.

Shut the fuck up, Boco.

Or people might like two things, but have different taste enough to rate them on different ways,

I know that it might sound crazy for you guys.

That is the basic assumption user, we aren't here to find out we disagree it is the whys and hows that are fun to discuss (sometimes).

I can think of a couple of works in the last decade that I would put up against it in its genre, but not that many and few that are as good or better than it.

Just like they didn't care about Ghost in the Shell, Speed Racer, Death Note and Dragon Ball and whatever else they've adapted.

I really like MHA but it is not on the scale of anything on that list in terms of recognition.

I might stand alone on this, but I actually want to see more WB properties appear in the DC universe. I'm a big fan of crossovers and the whole Watchmen thing could be really entertaining if done right. As for OPM in the DC universe. It /could/ work, but it has to be very self contained. First they'd have to find a place he'd fit on the DC power scale and keep it consistent. I'd say somewhere bellow Dr. Manhattan and somewhere above Superman. Give him a mini series, if it sells well give him a full series. Either way, once the comic is made you can have small crossovers. Other WB properties I think would be fun to see in the DC universe:

>Freakazoid
>Supernatural
>Mad Max (As an alternate future that has references to the past DC universe. Like, maybe Max goes to what remains of Gotham and finds two warring cults that worship Batman and Joker)
>Nightmare on Elm Street
>Friday the 13th.
>Mortal Kombat (as an else world that appears during crisis events. Same goes for Looney Tunes)

Really experiment with the properties they have at their disposal.

>People like Fox and WB are acting like One Punch Man can compete with the Marvel Cinematic Universe
>compete in a fictional narrative sense = compete in a business sense
Bloody shitting FUCK movie execs are stupid.

Is there a page of this pre-redraw? Or do those only go so far?

Why is young professor x so upset that he got ice cream?

I haven't read the original webcomic so I am not sure about that.

...Did you fucking SEE Dragon Ball?
They didn't.

Why you mad though?

its not a good manga so it would be a risky investment to adapt that pile of crap

>live action crossover
If they ever do this, death is too good for them.

I think OP means in comic verse.

I have it, but in my home
now take this link

static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11125/111253630/4890965-saitama one shots sea king sending a shockwave from his fist.jpg

It's better in the manga, especially ONE's. The traditional hero struggling against stronger foes is replaced with him struggling against the bureaucracies of the Hero's Association and dealing with corrupt heroes. After he kicks their ass he delivers a short lesson about life.

It's about all the other characters. Saitama never develops but everyone else does.

They still adapted it.

The OPM universe has some interesting and sexy characters, but it's way too soon for live action movie to not suck.

go to the official japanese online mangaviewer, you can find the previous version in the extra list

>autistic guy in Japan makes a poorly drawn webcomic
>it gets redrawn by one of the best manga artists to ever live

>autistic guy in America makes a poorly drawn webcomic
>he gets his life ruined by internet trolls

tails gets trolled > sonichu

and I don't think it was only the trolls doing that made he fuck it/all up

No, it's not some magic punch.

It's pure immesurably-powerful super-strength.

(and super-toughness, super-speed, super-reflexes, etc. Basically Golden Age Superman without Kryptonian-bullshit-powers to Silver Age levels of power.)

ty fampai

Because all these chuunis posing around him distracted him into pulling the chocolate off his cornetto with the lid.

Those things aren't cheap, you know.

Someone needs to contact Ian Flyn to redraw "Tails Gets Trolled"

you'r welcome, user

shit, that would be nice

Blame the fans.

It's the same reason superheroes always have a misunderstanding and wind up fighting each other before teaming up.

The fans want the heroes to fight to satisfy their fantasies, and the really immature ones take it to 'LOL could totally kill because he's lame!' levels.

Saitama wouldn't actually seriously fight another hero, even the ones that've outright attacked him have been swatted into unconsciousness and left to wake up with him gone (to avoid a big scene) at best.

Hell, most Sup Forums OPM threads agree that were he to ever have a crossover with western cape heroes, he'd start out wanting to see if he could finally get a real challenge from these amazing heroes, then various hijinks would keep him from actually getting said spar (because he'd never actually attack to seriously harm a hero, or any human, really, even the human badguys) due to various comedic misunderstandings and coincidences, then wind up teaming up with them to beat some real threat/sharing some ramen with them before heading home, vaguely disappointed but not really upset/an honorary member of the Justice League/Avengers/Guardians of the Globe/etc

TLDR: Saitama's a hero, fans are dumb.

can you link to the thread? I want to read the posts he's replying to

this is so fucking bullshit I'm gonna be furious if it turns out to be true.

Honestly, tails gets trolled has some genuinely appealing art. It's obviously far from what one could consider "polished", but it does an amazing job at times of conveying expression, striking scenes, and hilariously deadpan black comedy moments.

I liked it, honestly too
maybe it could go the way OPM did, and someone redraw it to become more "awesome"
but mantain the errors in the text
it would be so good

Sometimes it's because of the way the system is set up. There's a ranking system, and some people aren't too happy with the way he's been ranking up.

Thinking the punch against Boros was an actual "serious punch" from him and not a pitty punch that he called serious. Also the show itself has already had Saitama survive things that have much more energy behind it per square inch than a sword or a bullet. For example when he was kicked to the moon that would amount of energy in a kick would have cut a human in two. Not to mention not needing to breathe on the moon, he's pretty much, if not, invincible which is one of the main plot points anyway.

Why is he so bald?