First off, congratulations I guess. You guys have an English level higher than most Americans

First off, congratulations I guess. You guys have an English level higher than most Americans.
Second, you guys are good, but how?
All of my euro friends that I’ve meet offline, in real life while in Europe have a low low English level, often make mistakes while typing speaking etc. they’re still understandable but it’s not at your guys’s Level.
So Euros on int, why are you guys so good at English compared to your normie counterparts?

Also posting from mobile so I Fucked up a bit

england speak not hard

Some Norwegians I met irl weren’t so good so that seems to not be the case.

mouth you shut lardman

You think that until you're in Sup Forums coming up with meme catchphrases (think "can't stop the Trump") and f*reigners are posting stuff that does not even resemble rhyming and it makes you question how the fuck these people pronounce English.

BE NICE

For me it's easier to read and write in english. In my masters degree about 50% of all the books were in english. At some point I didn't even notice if the text was in english or finnish. I understand pretty much everything and can write almost without mistakes, but speaking english is a different matter. I am not used to it and my pronounciation is awful.

Is that the same with most Finns, or do they just plain suck?

I doubt I'm better than the average American when it comes to English

when you're an autist who spends all his free time on the Internet you git gud involuntarily
there isn't much to do on the local side, at least here

also, 90% of all the media that's worth consuming is in English, vidya included

They don't suck, especially at the level southern europeans do. Everyone understands english. Imagine a situation where you read and hear foreign language daily but you have to speak it maybe once in a year.

>At some point I didn't even notice if the text was in english or finnish
That must be pretty nice.
I wish I was fluent in another language, but I literally have no reason to unless I'm translating.
I speak English well being a native anglophone, but at the cost of being an amerifat who only needs to know one language ever.

It's nice, but to be fair that's only because I had to learn it. And the contrast between my spoken and written english is massive. I really sound like a retard trying to search for right words and keeping pauses.

I've played Runescape since Elementary, always had a dictionary in the Start Menu

Now I just waste life in places like this

It is so much easier to write and type english than it is to speak it. I guess your friends have this same problem.

A lot of people that i have seen on this board said they learned through Runescape surprisingly enough.

>more than 3 people thought that I am American in the last couple of months
it's really involuntary, but once you get to a high enough level and realise that you have a foreign accent, you kind of want to get rid of it. My biggest conundrum is if I want to go full Amerilard and pronounce some a's as æ (like a in daddy). Imo, that's the most American thing that you can do.

>You guys have an English level higher than most Americans
Probably not, desu. There are many times where my accent kind of just betrays me and I accidentally pronounce the wrong e/i sound. I remedy this by speaking carefully and sometimes even avoid words with more e/i sounds.

Because I'm lonely as fuck and I though having more opportunities at social interaction would help ease the pain (it didn't)

I get a lot of practice from shitposting on Sup Forums. Duh.

When I try to speak with other people I fuck up my pronunciation.

Do you want to be friends?

>Go on flash games website as a kid
>Frustrated as fuck that everything is in english
>Start learning english with the power of my frustration and spite

I have always found interacting with others difficult. As a result, I spent a lot of time at home instead of hanging out with my peers. That free time was spent playing games and learning various things from books and, since most games back then were in English, I had to learn the language. A major breakthrough of sorts for me was the original Deus Ex. I spent daysand nights in front of my PC playing that game. Needless to say, I improved my English drastically because of that.
t. 100% european

Same story here. Played pirated Warcraft 3 and other games in English, and my English kinda improved itself.

This, but other games.

>Played pirated Warcraft 3

I thought that was like a mandatory rite for slavs

Sort of. I'm not sure how much times I played the campaign, maybe ten thousand or something. It looks simplistic now, but for 12 year old me it was a great epic story of magic and adventures and betrayals and stuff.
Also there was a truly grand map editor which consumed even more of my time than the game.

Me too actually lul.
On runescape private servers