desuarchive.org/co/thread/82214922/#82219896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

was literally just about to post this

Bet its crying for its dead owner, aka Adrien's Mom

she is missing, not dead

season 2 of ladybug in 2016 or 2017

yeah sure

just like how Clark Kent goes missing every time Superman dies

although honestly this is unclear to me, is she actually not dead and just missing, I always assumed she was dead they just were saying it in an opaque way, using phrases referring to her being gone and stuff

we aren't entirely sure, there is some amount of promotional material that claims 2017 but my understanding is that is the America release

Its still possible that the French release could be this fall

bump

I wonder how someone is gonna end up getting a hold of the Peacock Kwami

Its being kept in Gabriel's safe so it appears he is unwilling to use it or he would have already does Adrien steal it and give it to a friend?

Also really wanna see the Fox Kwami now since its the only one we haven't seen

Sounds like something they'd say in the dub.
She's pretty dead to me.

Didn't they use similarly ambiguous wording in the French version of Adrien's webisode?

Yea, Adrien's mother status is we don't fucking know.

I'm most excited with what Grabiel is gonna do with the knowledge that His son has a miraculous.
I still don't think he's hawkmoth

oh please he totally is

who else would have the picture of Adrien's mother in a locket like that?

I wont say its impossible but its being implied extremely heavily that its him, you even have things like the basic episode formula getting messed up in Simonsays because Hawkmoth was busy being Gabriel

Looks like a Manaphy desu

I like the brother angle or loser in love triangle theory.
But I understand the points to him being hawkmoth.
Either way, Gabriel knows about the miraculouses and what they mean.

I mean those things are possible but they just don't fit with any of the clues we're given, all of the clues are suggesting its Gabriel

If its not Gabriel it would make very little sense at least based on everything until now

I wonder what he will do with the knowledge that Adrien is Chat Noir though, I don't actually think he would try to target Adrien, he might end up becoming even more cautious, worried that he will end up losing his son in his quest to get back his wife

That's understandable, I'm just wary of misdirection.
And I too wonder how Gabriel will change in how he uses his soldiers. He can't fall back completely and I winder if the episodes will become more plot related instead of baddie of the day related.

I hope so. We've had too many episodes that were just Ladybug and Chat Noir fighting against a single villain of the day.

The best fights were the ones where they had to face several opponents at once. It would just seem disappointing if they went back to formula again

Is Gabriel entirely sure that Adrien is Chat Noir, though? He didn't seem to be bothered by the events in Volpina. Of course, he didn't seem bothered by the events in Volpina even though she entered Adrien's room and pretended to kidnap him and even threatened to kill him. Which would have pissed him off to no end unless he knew that Adrien was actually safe. Hmmm. Maybe he does know. Or maybe he went into denial and convinced himself that Adrien's ring in unimportant.

Of course, if he does know, then he would realize that Adrien was pulling the whole "public persona around the guests and then sneak away to transform into your superhero persona" ploy. Just like his dad. Life father like son I guess.

>peacock tail feathers
It better attach itself to some male character.

Those are male peacocks, and it's the dumbest trope to imply that they're feminine.

I'm hoping its Prince Ali

It could be that no one gets it, considering how simplistic the show is, we haven't seen anyone whose clothes or personality would fit in with that miraculous like we have with the bee/Chloe and maybe fox/Ayla.

It could be that one of the characters, probably Adrien, will eventually come across that Kwami and that may be how they find out about Hawk Moth, or the Kwami could just be HM's prisoner.

Adrien and Marinette's clothes and personalities don't really match their own Miraculouses. So I doubt it's that obvious for the Bee, Fox and Peacock

Only times I can remember him being suspicious about the whole miraculous thing was when he pointedly asked Chat how he knew that his mansion had a security system, and later on when he says to Adrien "I didn't know you had a ring" and seemed a little suspicious of him and how Adrien kind of dodged the question.

They're the main characters, so the show doesn't really need to go out of it way with their color schemes to show their connection to the miraculous because we already know they are.

But as it is, the show seems to want to pretend it's being subtle for the character designs for the potential other miraculous holders, Chloe is the most obvious, considering how she dresses in yellow and black stripes all the time and has the 'queen bee' persona, and as for Ayla, It's just going along the same theory, like the fake Volpina girl she has dark skin and hair and wears a warm red shirt, not to mention she acts crafty and tries to sneak around a lot to try and get close to ladybug. And as for the old man, at the very least, he's old, which fits with the turtle motif, the only one who doesn't have clothes or a personality relating to his miraculous is Gabriel, and I imagine it's pretty obviously so you don't get right away that it's him.

I'll admit that it's all just guessing on my part, but like I said, I don't think the show is complicated enough to go any further than hinting through obvious character traits.

Is that really a peacock? It looks like a Hindu mini-Mewtoo with a tail.

Hera's bird is the peacock. I don't see why it should be male only.

Because only male Peacocks have those colorful plumage.

>mini-Mewtwo
You mean.. Mew?

But its not seen as a masculine animal and Adrian's mom held the peacock miraculous.

I don't think the miraculous are gender bias.

There's beenno confirmatIon that Adrien's mother had the Peacock Miraculous. Just hints and supposition based on the fact that the picture was also in the vault with it.

they are magic, magic has no gender, unless it's some kind of djinn demon thing.

That show completely lost its theme it's really fucking abysmal now.

I know only the males gave the feathers but the peacock is the symbol of Hera the queen of the gods. Its not seen as a manly bird like the eagle or hawk.
At best a trap should get it.

now imagine if they went for the anime version they first showed

Those aren't tears, those are sprinklers.

This don't change the fact that only males have thoes beutiful tails. Deal with it

ugh, that's so racist it gave me PTSD

Still sad we wont ever see the 2d version of this show.

bump

Why is She?/He? crying?

Probably because Adrien's Mom really was its last owner, which means its crying for its dead owner

or it might just being crying over the fact that its kinda being held captive by a super villain

>At best a trap should get it.
Given how all the fans treat Chat Noir, I doubt it would matter too much.
I'm all for a good fabulous rainbow (non-gay) peacock male hero.

We will actually

There is an OVA being made in 2D

nah the peacock totally has to be gabriels and nooroo was with adrien's mom look at their clothes here
also apologies for shit quality

nice work user

because Marinette dresses like a ladybug and Adrien dresses like a black cat

also its implied that the Butterfly Miraculous was lost until Hawkmoth found it

What exactly would be the use of the Butterfly Miraculous in active superhero work? Its main power seems to be giving other people super powers

I'm pretty sure the way its suppose to be used is that you give powers to like a lover or something and fight along side them, you certainly aren't suppose to go off solo and use it

>magic has no gender,
>specifically invokes animal traits exclusive to one sex of the species

>But its not seen as a masculine animal
That's the trope that's stupid.
>The gendered notions associated with the animal have no basis on the actual sex of the animal

>Hera
Implying the Greeks gave a shit about the actual bird, and it wasn't just an exotic commodity that would have symbolized wealth and power.
In depictions in India and Asia, there were actual peacocks, and the mythological associations actually had to do with the bird itself, recognizing that the plumage was masculine and that peacocks were excellent predators of snakes.
>Male only
No, but it should go to a male character to make it clear that the peacock thing isn't 'female only'.

Yeah, I'm sperging out about this. Peacocks are awesome and misrepresented.

the gender of the animal doesn't matter, if it did would that mean we need to find a gender neutral person for the Bee Miraculous since the vast majority of all Bee populations doesn't actually have any functional sex organs

Wasn't it a classic turn of phrase to refer to a man who dressed up and showed off as a Peacock?

I would assume it means making friends with some local people who are willing to help you out. That, or relying on some potential victims being willing to step up and kick some butt in retaliation.

Also, Butterfly might have some abilities past just the superpower ability. All the Miraculous users are super strong/tough/fast/etc. Ladybug has her yoyo and Chat has his stick, so Butterfly likely has a weapon as well. They're hardly helpless by themselves, even if their special powers are typically needed to finish off enemies.

>we need to find a gender neutral person for the Bee Miraculous
Eunuch superhero when?

The Butterfly's weapon is likely the cane we see Hawkmoth holding

It was also being held by the older Hawkmoth that was illustrated in the book Adrien found

Alright everybody, sudden thought.

There is a lot of talk and speculation about who the new Miraculous users will be. And we've seen two of the Kwami at this point, who will most certainly appear next season. Which means, pretty clearly, that we will be seeing someone using them to become a Miraculous user.

But will we actually be seeing any NEW Miraculous users?

What are the chances of Marinette receiving the Bee Miraculous as well - perhaps directly from Le - as a new and different power for her to use? And Adrien has direct access to the Peacock Miraculous, even if he didn't recognize it the first trip. What are the chances of Marinette and Adrien both getting two Kwamis? It could certainly change things up, as Bee/Chat, Ladybug/Peacock, and Bee/Peacock would be unknown relationships. It also has quite a bit of misunderstanding, if one of them is being disparaging about their alter-self (Bee dissing what she did as Ladybug, for example) and the other, not realizing, attacking the one trying to defend the other.

Thoughts on the idea?

I feel like it's be a copout.
also, I want more info on magic for this universe.
like, are Kwami the only still active source of magic or will Hawkmoth's fuckery bring forth other magical enemies?
The villain of the week deal's getting pretty old so some new kinds of villains fighting amongst eachother for UNLIMITED COSMIC POWAH could be fun

Its interesting but I do question the idea of extra secret identities, just seems like they would be overly complicating their already complex lies

also Hawkmoth's plan seems to involve using both the Ladybug and Black Cat Miraculous together, implying that its possible to use multiple miraculous at the same time

So why wouldn't Ladybug and Chat just use them as like alternate and upgraded forms? a Ladybug/Bee hybrid and a Black Cat/Peacock hybrid

realistically though, I don't see something like this happening except maybe in a one off episode, I don't think Master Fu is comfortable with one person having the power to use two miraculous, so why would he give a second one to Marinette

Please tell me you are not Thomas Astruc and that this is not the current plan. Having that many alter egos for two characters would be a nightmare. Also, how would Marinette or Adrien know which Miraculous to activate in a particular fight? What if they have to switch between them? Ladybug needs to be present at the end to purify the akuma, so Marinette would be limited in how often she could use the bee Miraculous. Which means there is really no point.

I can't wait for THE BEE to join the cast!

I am kind of hoping that Hawkmoth is trying to gather the Ladybug/Chat Noir Miraculouses to prevent some kind of evil that is coming. It would give his actions a somewhat sympathetic (if twisted) side and, as you say, make it more interesting than just beating up the weekly Akumatized highschooler.

I do think that having 4+ superheroes would give some fun interactions, but you'd probably see all four fairly rarely. The banter between two has worked out really well for them so far, and I think that two or three would work best. And if we're dealing with various teamups of two anyways, why not toss in a strange level of tension?

Besides, there aren't really any good choices for other Miraculous users. Alya would cause complications with the Ladyblog and just her interaction with everyone, so she's highly unlikely. Chloe has already been dismissed as one, at least for a hero, and Lila is an unlikely hero for similar reasons. Any of the other background characters are seriously underdeveloped, to the point where there would need to be considerable time to develop them into proper protagonists (unless the new Miraculous holders will just be background characters?) And a new character has that problem, plus needing time to attach to the current cast in some way.

Assuming that the Bee, the Peacock and the Fox become new characters/miraculous users next season

What do you think their names will be? Particularly in the english dub, I mean I don't blame them for not using the Butterfly or Black Cat as names but that also means that other characters will probably get "better names" when translated into english

I think Alya would make an interesting choice because of complications with the Ladyblog and what she does in normal life

she would want to keep running because it would seem weird if she just totally stopped but would have to keep information that she only knew because of her alter ego out of it. I think it would also be funny to watch struggling with how she is suppose to report about her alter ego, would she praise herself or bash herself, talk a lot about herself or repeatedly ignore herself claiming that Ladybug and Chat are the real team and the new member should barely count

>Please tell me you are not Thomas Astruc
Okay, I won't tell.

>how would Marinette or Adrien know which Miraculous to activate in a particular fight?
Ideally? They wouldn't. They'd pick which they think would be more useful, or which would get them there the fastest. Bee/Peacock both likely have flying abilities, so you'd likely see those when they need to fly to a location while Ladybug/Chat would be around for more indoors stuff or when non-aerial maneuverability would be more important.

>What if they have to switch between them?
Probably the same thing that happens when they currently run out: they dash away and otherwise disappear, returning with a new Miraculous on.

>Ladybug needs to be present at the end to purify the akuma
We don't know what the full powers of the other Miraculous users are. Ladybug's is creation, but nothing about that involves purifying Akuma, after all. It could be that Chat's destruction power is the only thing that prevents him from having that ability. Or it could be that Peacock can also purify, while Bee cannot. It would mean that fights where Bee/Chat show up would be unusually tense, since the audience knows that one needs to "mysteriously disappear" for someone to purify the Akuma.

>So why wouldn't Ladybug and Chat just use them as like alternate and upgraded forms? a Ladybug/Bee hybrid and a Black Cat/Peacock hybrid
Why doesn't Hawkmoth just use a hybrid form? He already has the two, after all. Why isn't he running around as Peacawkmoth on occasion?

>Hawkmoth's plan seems to involve using both the Ladybug and Black Cat Miraculous together, implying that its possible to use multiple miraculous at the same time
Ladybug/Black Cat seems to be an unusually specific occurrence, combining creation and destruction together. I honestly hadn't thought of using both transformations at the same time, rather just using the power of the Miraculouses or alternating between them as needed.

I don't think so because the show's called "Miraculous Ladybug" so Marinette can't just turn into other heroes willy-nilly.

Unless they pull a symbiote suit storyline where Marinette ditches her usual kwami for the nastier bee one for whatever reason and ends up getting her personality twisted.

>Want to link idea that I had that I wanted to expand on
>Desustorage is dead
bummer

>What do you think their names will be?
>not using the Butterfly or Black Cat
"Chat Noir" is literally French for "Black Cat".

Bee Miraculous could be Bee, Queen Bee, Buzz, Hornet/Wasp, Abeille (French for "bee") or Apoid (scientific classification "Apoidea").

Peacock is much more likely to remain simply Peacock, probably because it is more distinctive and harder to mess with, since similar birds don't have that distinctive Peacock plumage. Paon, French for peacock, is a possibility - but they'd probably want to make the connection somewhat obvious.

two possible reasons Hawkmoth doesn't use the Peacock, 1 it belonged to his wife and he doesn't use it because he doesn't want to taint his memory of her and the good she use to do

2 and more likely, it doesn't really mesh well with the Butterfly, we have only seen 3 miraculous being used but so far the Butterfly seems to be the only one that can be used at a distance, Hawkmoth stays in his tower and sends his minions after Ladybug and Chat even though he could likely aid in combat personally, likely because he is unwilling to risk himself. If he ever fought personally he might use the Peacock but so long as his tactic is strike from a distance its likely that the Peacock's powers aren't really relevant to him

To be fair, the show is called Miraculous: The Adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir

>I don't think so because the show's called "Miraculous Ladybug"
Good, because it's not called "Miraculous Ladybug".

It's called "Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Chat Noir". Ladybug, or Miraculous Ladybug, were the pre-production titles. Clearly, by post-production, they decided to focus on more than just Marinette.

And I'm not sure how continuing to focus on Marinette/Adrien but in different outfits would be worse than focusing more on two completely different and possibly new characters. Double transformation Marinette/Adrien would STILL be a focus on Ladybug and Chat Noir, just not as Ladybug and Chat Noir all the time.

Point taken. Though since Ladybug and Cat Noir are still in the show's title I think my point still stands that they won't move away from those identities.

So
Volpina - Girl
Bee Kwami - Most likely another girl?
Peacock - Dude?

Dont want to get too bogged down with girl main Kwami's

desuarchive.org/co/

thats the new site they still have alot of old posts on there not sure how far back though

Lila was a girl but she didn't have the real Fox Miraculous she was just possessed

Master Fu still has the real Fox Miraculous its in his box with Bee Miraculous, it could end up going to either a girl or a guy really

Thanks
here's the link
desuarchive.org/co/thread/82214922/#82219896
and I was thinking of giving the villain the name Artisanat and to have him be a young mage obsessed with the Miraculous because they were used to fight the order of Mages he's the last member of.
He'd probably be like the Anti-Hawkmoth, Jovial and very willing to get his hand dirty/Fight ladybug and Cat Noir.

it could be a hint as what kind of personality it has.
so i guess it's very emotional/sensitive

just imagine the cancerous amount of ships we could get

People already selfship Adrien/Chat or ship Adrien/Felix. I'm not sure how much worse it can get (and I am aware how deep that hole can go).

Even more cancerous than the alternate universes?

THERE'S ONLY ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE YOU YING!

While the thread is still young!

You can get most episodes here!

what is wrong with her hips?

It looks like she is pregnant

They moved on their own.

I love his kind of stuff

Any art or comics of them swapping miraculouses?

I want to believe we will actually get an episode where they switch miraculouses somewhere on this wild ride

I mean, who wouldn't want to see Marinett on a tight leader cat suit and Chat on ladybugs pants

How will Alya react when she finally learns the truth?

She pulls a Rorshach and puts all the information on the Ladyblog.

I hope she drops out of the main group entirely. She's such a dodgy friend.

Nope she is gonna become the Fox or maybe the Bee

If she's going to get a miraculous it'll be the fox, Chloe's already way too perfect for the bee, what with the yellow clothes + black stripes as well as the 'queen bee' persona.

I mean Thomas has pretty much already stated Chloe isn't gonna get one, people like Chloe don't deserve and can't be trusted with the power of a miraculous why would Master Fu give her the Bee Miraculous?

Besides if anything her cloths are a strike against her, its not like Marinette or the others dresses like their miraculous in real life

deserve or not she will get this bee by accident

Did he say she wouldn't? She seems to be set up perfectly for some kind of half assed redemption arc wherein she'd get the miraculous and end up working as a hero whether she liked it or not, and considering how much she seems to idolize ladybug ((not to mention her akuma form was ladybug too)) I can see her being pretty willing, at least at the start. There's enough character crap that could happen with her being a hero that I really doubt she won't get one, and if she doesn't I'd only think of it as a wasted opportunity.

I agree. One of my biggest things growing up was the stuck up or snooty character getting teased to have the potential to be a good person, but it always got wiped away to the status quo.

I'd love to see it actually go somewhere for once, the bitch or bully slowly becoming a better person is a good draw, and the show has actually set up a good basis for it where nobody but her clingy friend likes Chloe at all, so she's already isolated from others in some level.

And Mster Fu is checking her personally

I really don't think Chloe is gonna be redeemed

Compare her to similar characters in shows Thomas himself has worked on, Mandy from Totally Spies and Sissy from Code Lyoko, They had a few moments and really they aren't evil just antagonistic toward the main characters, but they didn't get redeemed and become a full good guy and member of the main cast like Piccalo in DBZ or Peridot in SU