JUSTICE LEAGUE

Thoughts now that the old leaks are confirmed?

>30,000 years ago, humanity joined forces with Themyscira and Atlantis to repel Darkseid's invasion on Earth, and three Mother Boxes were left behind and divided between the three kingdoms.

>On present day, Batman and Wonder Woman are assembling a team to protect Earth following Superman's death. The Flash accepts, while Aquaman declines due to a centuries-long feud between Atlantis and Themyscira and Cyborg declines because he doesn't believe he's a hero.

>Darkseid's enforcer Steppenwolf is alerted to the Mother Boxes' whereabouts by Lex Luthor's experiments with Kryptonian technology and invades Earth with a horde of Parademons, kidnapping scientists to further his goals, among them Dr. Silas Stone, Cyborg's father.

>Cyborg joins Batman, Wonder Woman and the Flash as they rescue the scientists, learning in the process that Steppenwolf is assembling the Mother Boxes. Aquaman joins them after Steppenwolf attacks Atlantis and steals its Mother Box. Once united, the three Mother Boxes become a weapon capable to subjugating entire planets.

>After Themyscira's Mother Box is stolen, the heroes assemble to protect the final Mother Box under the government's custody at S.T.A.R. Labs from Steppenwolf and his army.

>Superman returns to life and joins the battle, helping the heroes defeat Steppenwolf. Cyborg, who is connected to the Mother Boxes' technology, is also instrumental to repelling Steppenwolf and his forces from Earth.

>The heroes decide to continue protecting the world as the Justice League and are celebrated by the public, while in Apokolips Darkseid learns that the humans have defeated his champion and decides to attack them directly.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/new-justice-league-scene-descriptions-feature-commissioner-gordon-a142777
birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Source?

There are new leaks every two days and each is as made up as the last.

Forcing tidbits of info from the journalists visiting the set into your leaks doesn't make them truer.

The whole 30, 000 year human, amazonian and atlantean union plus 3otherboxes and steppenwolf leaked weeks ago then the set visits confirmed it

Seriously why do mods allow this fanfiction nonsense? It's like pure shitposting.

And Steppenwolf kidnapping scientists too.

What are you on about?
Christ its all confirmed, get mad at Snyder if you wanna get mad at someone

Sweet, sweet denial.

What exactly am I meant to be in denial over? That leaks are real? Why would anyone give half a shit? I'm just sick of the board being flooded with fanfic every day

This was all confirmed last week you fucking mongolian

Sounds alright, I guess.

Yeah I think it's a better twist on the New 52 JL Origin arc. Steppenwolf lets the league get together without having Darkseid jobbing immediately.

So basically its the avengers stopping an invasion of aliens and then using the technology instead of the infinity stone to seal it up

Kek

Except this time it's dark and """""mature""""".

I'm trying to think of when combining MotherBoxes worked like that.
Maybe a twist on the MicroMarks?

>30,000 years old
I wonder if the JSA were around then as well or if those rumored castings for the film including Jay were true

I feel like snyder is just making a sci fi "epic" that just happens to have the names of characters people love

Cape movies are dead

I think it's amazing how the Snyder Cycle works.
A leak happens and it's so pants on head retarded that everyone insists there's no way they'd do that, then they do it and suddenly it's brilliant "kino" that no one could possibly understand.

But like why Black Canary?

Source? I read the Empire set visit and can't remember reading anything about Darkseid 30,000 years ago or Steppenwolff kidnapping Stone?

But really, for all these people saying it's true, provide a source. It should be easy to provide if this is legit.

>Steppenwolf lets the league get together without having Darkseid jobbing immediately.

He takes them on a magic carpet ride because he's born to be wild.

>As I try and hear more of what they’re saying, all of a sudden Cyborg is walking across the rooftop towards our heroes saying that the head of S.T.A.R. Labs has been taken. As he gets closer he stands next to Wonder Woman and I watch as a huge smile appear on her face before turning back to the rest of the group. It seems like she’s extremely happy he’s joined them. I silently wonder if this is the first time all of these heroes have been together. As the group discusses the situation, they decide they’ll need to go somewhere to investigate. As Gordon continues to talk he turns and everyone is gone but the Flash. It’s like he didn’t get the memo that when Gordon turns to talk you need to quickly disappear. Flash says to Gordon, “Do they just do that?” Gordon says nothing as Flash speeds off. It’s funny to watch and I quickly realize the Justice League movie is going to be a lot more fun than I was expecting."

Head of STAR labs is his Silas
comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/new-justice-league-scene-descriptions-feature-commissioner-gordon-a142777

>There are three Mother Boxes on Earth. One Mother Box is for the Amazonians, and it's burgundy and beautifully ornate and highly detailed. One is for the Atlanteans, and it's white and really organic looking, with scales and tubes and stuff. And one is for humanity, and it's bronze and has big rivets on it and looks like something the Ancient Greeks would make.

>We learn about these boxes in a scene called "the History Lesson." That scene, according to the art we saw, will feature an ancient Atlantean king, Hippolyta of Therimysca, some old fashioned humans and the god of all gods, Zeus himself.
birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set
That lines up with the rumors of 30,000 years ago team-up

>They're still pushing the "Batman disappears when Gordon turns around" gag

Come on. Batman Begins was 11 years ago.

Umm yeah, this sounds absolutely terrible.

I'm not sure why they can't just stick to the source material.

>Batman Begins

Mega casual alert

What are you talking about? This sounds a thousand times better than Johns' New Gods.

>tfw snyder might actually put some steppenwolf on the sondtrack because it'd be "cool"

Maybe. He was trying to be "epic" with the DCEU until now, but his idea of "fun" might be doing it like Sucker Punch.

That wouldn't even be saying much, IF it were true.

At least Johns' New Gods weren't defeated by humanity 30,000 years ago.

At least the Mother Boxes weren't used as MacGuffins suspiciously similar to the Infinity Gems.

I don't think the Mother Boxes were ever quite that imperative to Darkseid's goal of one day ruling the universe either.

When did it stop being "Gordon turns around and Batman's gone" and start being a humourous parody of that, then?

Did the humans mother box disappear when it was used to heal cyborg?

It keeps floating in the air in pieces, my guess is that it doesn't disappear, just fix Vic and returns to the normal state.

This.

Vandal Savage, Anthro, and Bruce Wayne for the human army?

>killing super man before even having him in the justice league

dropped, normies will hate it

>normies will hate it
What is even your justification for this? It was normies who loved BvS before everybody with taste let them know it was shit, then suddenly to save face, they "hated" it too.

That's objectively untrue.

>At least the Mother Boxes weren't used as MacGuffins suspiciously similar to the Infinity Gems
Eh. To be fair, when you're doing a film where the primary purpose is "we're getting a bunch of characters together," the reason why tends to err on the simplistic side so the character dynamics can take center stage. "We need to get the MacGuffin so the bad guy doesn't" is a simple enough plot that you can effectively ignore it because that story isn't the draw, it's the characters that are following it. It's the reason why Guardians of the Galaxy did it, it's why The First Avenger did it. This is gonna be the first real appearance of Cyborg, Aquaman and the Flash in this continuity, so they need to sell us on both them and the group's interactions with each other. The plot was going to be pretty simple no matter what.

I'm a normie and I thought the movie was pretty up itself when I first watched it.

Not really. I noticed by the time BvS first released in theaters, nearly EVERYONE I saw praising it were normies who had shit taste and wouldn't ever touch a comic book in their lives.

Everyone else hated it.

Sure but I don't like it anyway. Sounds like blatant copying of Marvel and this is coming from someone who wanted a more fun, lighter tone to begin with. But I didn't ever want them to ever copy actual plot points from Marvel.

LOL

Normies were the one pushing the "too confusing" meme. People with higher IQs were able to understand it.

If the 3 motherboxes can subjugate whole planets, why did darkseid lose on earth the first time?

That is complete bullshit.

Normies were just impressed that they got a movie with Batman, Superman, and WW in it all at once and didn't even think while watching the movie.

They're copying incredibly old, generic plot points though. The MacGuffin is probably one of the oldest plot elements I can think of going back to the search for the Holy Grail. It's a generic plot because the interactions are what's gonna make it interesting (or not). They're trying to sell us on the characters, just like how in the first Avengers movie they were just trying to sell us on the idea of "these guys all interacting and working together is cool." It's important that they focus on the Justice League and not necessarily on anything other than them.

I'd be more fine with this if Mother Boxes were EVER treated as a MacGuffins aside from maybe a couple of times throughout their entire existence.

Maybe if they came up with something else to use instead.

>People with higher IQs were able to understand it.
This just sounds arrogant and makes me want to disagree with you on everything.

By "higher IQs" I meant above single digits. Normies are known to be incredibly retarded. Even the simplest of things tends to confuse them.

>Normies are known to be incredibly retarded. Even the simplest of things tends to confuse them.
You can't possibly think this, can you?

I hope this a situation where Mother Boxes are a big deal for earthlings and not Apokalipians. Like Steppenwolf is picking up the conquest when Dakseid abandoned it (possibly to focus efforts finding the anti life equation). Because they never gave a shit about the boxes.

But Zack wants him for more fucking Jesus metaphors once he's resurrected.

So DCEU's version if the Chitari Invasion?

Also Sups should have stayed dead

yfw i'm probably as dumb as any nigger

I mean I guess it kind of makes sense, because why would they waste time traveling to our shithole when they can just BOOM in? But then that means they haven't been able to boom tube in for some time......this is getting kind of stupid. I mean why do they suddenly care about earth now? Unless they really wanted a Kryptonian?

>Superman returns to life and joins the battle, helping the heroes defeat Steppenwolf. Cyborg, who is connected to the Mother Boxes' technology, is also instrumental to repelling Steppenwolf and his forces from Earth.
>The heroes decide to continue protecting the world as the Justice League and are celebrated by the public, while in Apokolips Darkseid learns that the humans have defeated his champion and decides to attack them directly.

i don't recall this in any set visit report.

You're here and that makes you smarter than th average normie in my book. Don't feel bad about yourself. I can be your buddy.

So clearly you struggled terribly with the film.

But I understood it; that's why I liked it. Only people too dumb to not understand it were the ones who didn't like it.

Everyone is too dumb. Even Affleck said he didn't understand it completely back in SDCC.

low IQ people, amirite?

Batffleck x Diana confirmation when?

Will we get more dream sequences?

There was supposed to be one set in the Knightmare universe where we see what the rest of the League does now that Batman is dead. I don't know if they're still going to do that though.

Probably

>I mean why do they suddenly care about earth now?
Because Lex told them to drop by.
Because Lex hates aliens and thinks they're not gods. Because god isn't real.
So he invites the New Gods to hang out.
Because he's a brainwashed ding dong.

Only thing that irks me is Amazons and Atlanteans already existing in the Paleolithic.
However, this could imply a Kamandi cameo, so...

Don't you mean Anthro?

Who even thought that Steppenwolf would be a great choice as a villain.

Wait, why did Darkseid wait to get the motherboxes back?

Sucker Punch at least had good action.

The animated shorts were the best thing to come out of it. They all had stories better written than the actual movie.

>People with higher IQs were able to understand it.

Why they are all Poor depressed losers them?

>Don't you mean Anthro?

Yes of course. Busy day, thanks.

Christ can writers really not come up with anything better than GOOD GUYS GOTTA GET THE MAGIC ROCK BEFORE THE BAD GUYS?

There's ways to do a MacGuffin plot that doesn't feel like an 8 year old playing with action figures. When have Mother Boxes ever served that function in Kirby's universe anyway? Is Snyder too stupid or does DC think the audience is too stupid to understand a slightly more abstract goal than MAGIC WIN EVERYTHING ROCKS? Especially since the Anti-Life Equation is a cool as fuck concept.

Capeshit are the only movies that get away with being this stupid and simplistic without being criticized for it and it's embarrassing.

>Capeshit are the only movies that get away with being this stupid and simplistic without being criticized for it and it's embarrassing.

I don't think this film is for you.

If Snyder wants to make "deep" movies he should stop with the MacGuffins and Ticking Clocks.

Otherwise, I don't have any problems with this plot (if all of it will come to pass). I would have liked it if we had gotten all of the New Gods first.

Maybe a stealth invasion like in Kirbys New Gods could be a second movie, after the direct one failed.

Not sure what's so funny. Sounds like the run of the mil team story.

"Run of the mill" is what you're looking for in your entertainment?

>Darkseid was chased off by cavemen

That's the biggest problem with capeshit movies. They try to make the blandest movies as well as blandest cape stories possible. It's the lowest form of both.

>Capeshit are the only movies that get away with being this stupid and simplistic without being criticized for it and it's embarrassing.
It's more genre fiction in general than cape stuff specifically.

Like a decade before that in TAS, at least.

Talk shit and meme all you want, at Nolan knew this

To be fair there are a couple of books which feature humanity as having gone through a magical golden age then being brought down into a dark age with a lot of it forgotten which lines up with the human motherbox looking greek/roman in nature.
I think Book of Magic had that?

Neither CW, XM:A, MoS, nor BvS focused much on Macguffins.

Who is to say the gods of New Genesis weren't integral to Darkseid's loss?

Also, do you even Final Crisis?

Darkseid doesn't want to "conquer" he wants the Anti-life equation. He wants to rule all life in existence, throughout the entire multiverse. Mankind possesses the secret of the anti-life equation, but perhaps they weren't evolved enough at that stage to fully realise it. Darkseid waits...

Darkseid is.

where the hell is hal jordan?

>Brainwashed
Yeah you can fuck off with your fanfic. Why would they suddenly care that a monkey gave them a ring? They already knew about earth and I find it hard to believe theyre going out of their way for mother boxes

Not a part of the league yet.

Concept art from BvS UC extras.

Probably training on Oa

>the Flash
Honestly not bad.

Not as good as it could be, but I worried they'd go full Iron Man. That said, it's just a concept, so for all we know, they could tweak it a bit more, give it a better logo with the white circle, actual wings on the head, and so on.

>Cyborg
Just looks generic. Do something to make him standout some more.

HHNNNGG

>Aquaman's going to get a good movie in your lifetime
>they're actually taking him seriously

God, I cannot wait for this. I think all said and done, Aquaman is actually going to be great.

Again though, this concept art is probably 2-3 years old. That Flash outfit looks nothing like what was described by bloggers, so who knows.

weird you would think darkseid invading a planet would get some sort of attention from the space police

I fucking HOPE it looks better then. I hope they didn't decide to fuck it up in the mean time either.

That first suit they described sounded awful but it's mitigated by the fact that it's apparently some kind of prototype suit, so I'm fine with it. Though I'd rather they do something differently.

Cyborg still looks terrible though.

Holding out HOPE that GL's secretly in the movie.

He's not.

Fuckin' neato

Cyborg should be more retro and silver, like rebootcop

betting it will be abin sur showing up and getting btfo by steppenwolf to set the hal plot in motion

I hope he is.

Then again, GLC being so far away makes me think he really isn't.

>Cyborg should be more retro and silver, like rebootcop
Definitely. If you're going to put Cyborg in the movie, may as well do it right. Give him that sleek, plated look but make him look more old school as well.

Look at that suit