Rumor: Fox wants to work with Marvel on movies

Here we go.

>Talking on the latest episode of Collider Heroes, Matt Key, a producer on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman podcast, had this to say about some interesting rumblings he's been hearing. "I've heard from a few of my sources, my little birds that Fox and Marvel have... kind of talked, but not really, but like there's interest from Fox, like, 'Ooh, y'know, what they did with Sony and Spider-Man is actually pretty cool, like, maybe...' We're years away from that ever possibly happening... but I think that's what it would take... Fox joining hands with Marvel..." Well, that's pretty vague all in all, eh?

comicbookmovie.com/avengers/20th-century-fox-reportedly-considering-some-sort-of-team-up-with-marvel-a142923

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY
edwardjayepstein.com/photos.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't believe it will happen.

Fox is still probably making a profit from the X-Men franchise overall, especially because of Deadpool. Splitting the profits with Marvel might get them less than they're making now.

Disregard X-men, stick the Baxter Building in a Marvel Studios movie as soon as possible.

>kind of talked
>but not really
What? Anyhow, even if it happens, I don't see any X-Men/FF related movie coming out until MCU's phase 4.

>Some guy on Kevin Smith's podcast said he heard that Fox thought it was cool that Sony and Marvel made a deal
Oh... So it's nothing then.

May as well ask here instead of making a new thread.

If you had to introduce the X-Men into the MCU, how would it work?

I doubt anything will happen, cuz Marvel.

I see them being petty and/or stupid enough to say "Fuck you Fox"

>Bringing the mutants into the MCU
Nope.gif

>Bringing the more popular heroes, sow e can have Wolverine in the X-men, Beast dry-humping Simon, and Rogue stealing Carol powers

>so we can have Wolverine in the Avengers
proof-reading is for retards

We find out that the reason that there were so few X-Men in Deadpool is not just because there's no budget but also because there's very few mutants in the MCU compared to the FoX-Men's universe.

>If you had to introduce the X-Men into the MCU, how would it work?

They already have "enhanced individuals" like the Scarlet Witch. So have some newscaster say that "mutant" has caught on as the name for "enhanced individuals" who appear to have been born with their powers.

Xavier is an older, closeted mutant who looks at the Avengers and think they're horrible and dangerous. So he decides to find young mutants and train them in the use of their powers and keep them from falling into the hands of the government or the Avengers.

His students, against his advice, start going out to fight crime, and when he realizes they're not going to stop doing super-hero stuff, he reluctantly agrees to supervise their activities.

That would just be pathetic. Totally possible, though, I mean, who doesn't want that ''Spidey-Civil War-Treatment'' which was basically an all-forgiving lazarus pit for the multi-tanking franchise.

Anyway, this ''news'' is bullshit, and probably Fox's scheme to make it seem like Marvel is involved so people would go see their Raven movies again.

Have the existence of mutants be kept secret all these years by Professor X and Nick Fury.

Start it with the end of phase 3, since that would be the best time to introduce them. At some point Thanos destroys Captain America with the gauntlet, but at the end he get resurrected to help save the day.

End credits stinger involves Cap finding Fury and asking him where Logan is. Being resurrected returned memories that were once buried, including fighting alongside Wolverine -- and Nick Fury -- in WW2.

haram

HOUSE OF M WHEN???

hopefully, never

They could have Wanda pull an M-Day

Every single x-men or FF movie they've made has posted a profit. X-men Apocalypse is at some 500m world wide. This is pretty good for a fox franchise. It'll likely end up in their top 5 films this year.

Thing is..... more money? They could potentially make more money. FF didn't make much, wolverine is coming to an end. Fox doesn't have much of a plan outside Deadpool 2 and a potential x-force. They need to figure their shit out, why not just have marvel do it for them? Let marvel use their characters and let Fox make some money. It'll be win-win for every.

Why not?

HOW WILL DC EVER COMPETE

Just watch.

they could use this as a means to reboot the MCU with new actors.

Would rather they use Secret Wars for that desu
Replace the Ultimate Universe with the FoX-Men Universe

>we find out the reason that there's no mutants is that Scarlet Witch said No More Mutants one day and caused the creation of the Fox X-Men universe where all the mutants were placed

OR they could use it as a means of integrating the X-men in the MCU

I just want to see Hugh Jackman Wolverine fight the Hulk. That's all I want.

Who takes the time to write this shit?

Cringe?

To be fair it should be done like that. Like one in a time inter-dimensional travel.

wait, you aren't beeing ironic?
for real?

The Fantastic Four, Doom etc SHOULD be introduced via interdimensional travel desu

Yeah, they do that after they find out that Scarlet Witch caused it to happen and now they change it back.

Meanwhile Marvel Comcs' newest event: HOUSE OF M II

not doom
FF maybe time travel, I would accept it
doom have nothing to do with nothing, just make him a ditactor of some country and have a mechanical suit and magic knowledge
thta would be better

would that resurrect quicksilver?

Sony kind of deal.
They get the profits from their own movies, Marvel can use those characters in other movies.

Would that cause Peter to kill himself?

No idea. Just saw it posted on some news aggregator and I knew the subject would come up on Sup Forums eventually so I saved it.

It's like WB/DC right now. They make decent money with their superhero movies. But they want to make Avengers money.

>doom have nothing to do with nothing
What did he main by this.
Anyway, you can hardly just drop Latveria into the MCU like it's always been there.
And you lose a lot if you remove Doom & Reed's college rivalry.

it's probably the FF, Xmen is fine, even though the latest one was a rushjob

proper DOOM when?

This. They could merge the world with Wanda literally just saying 3 words.

Hell, they could make it a thing where she's trying to bring her brother back from the dead, so we get Fox Quicksilver. It synergises well with that thing with her kids from the comics, and if the ever lose the license they can undo it all by doing a version of Dissassembled.

>Wanda literally just saying 3 words.
>No, MORE Mutants

No we just find out that Peter is their long-lost sibling.

>Anyway, you can hardly just drop Latveria into the MCU like it's always been there.
Why not? It's not like Latveria is a superpower who has to get involve in everyone else's affairs. If they can delay the introduction of Wakanda until now, they can introduce Latveria over several films slowly.

>FF movie they've made has posted a profit
not the last flop

all these rumors are about X-men but I doubt that is the case. Much more likely is them cutting a deal with FF

Wakanda's isolationist. Doom's too egocentric for that shit.

>Anyway, you can hardly just drop Latveria into the MCU like it's always been there.
you mean like they did with Wakanda? That is a much more important nation than Latveria

>Every single x-men or FF movie they've made has posted a profit
>Every FF movie they've made has posted a profit

>That is a much more important nation than Latveria
See .

but it is. Latveria is just another totallitarian state, it's just run by a super villain. Wakanda is the biggest nation in the world economically

>budget 120m
>gross 167m

I mean..... it didn't eat as hard of a dick as real bombs

>X-Men finally in the MCU
>make House of M the first event post-crossover
>''No more mutants''
>mutants only last 1 phase and Fox is forced to reboot the whole franchise

I just want a nice X-Men slice of life TV series already

Uh???

Someone uses the reality gem to bring heroes in to fight Thanos.

PREVIOUSLY, ON X-MEN
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

If that was the US domestic gross, it would have been acceptable. As the global gross, it's pretty bad. Remember, there's less return on international sales.

Please some Mutants

As much as individual characters from the X-Men Franchise would be an amazing get for Marvel, as a whole, the whole Mutants are feared and hated schtick wouldn't fit in with the MCU at all and therefore I can't imagine any kind of organic deal being struck.

The Fantastic Four however are my number 1 wish for the MCU. Both because the First Family would fit in very nicely to the established mythos but more importantly because Doom, Galactus, Kang, The Skrulls etc.

the marketing budget was pretty big for FF, so yeah, it lost money

Fantastic Four back at Marvel would be wonderful. X-Men should stay separated. Besides, I think the X-Men brand is pretty tarnished by poor quality, with Deadpool being an obvious exception.

I could foresee Marvel making a deal to get back the FF in exchange for letting FOX do some X-Men merch.

I'd be happy if they exchanged F4 for giving Fox the rights for X-Men TV shows.

so basically fox is like "wow we really wish marvel would stop abusing the products we own the movies rights to in an attempt to sabotage our ticket sales but like fuck are we actually going to concede anything in a deal with them" and marvels like "tough shit, gonna sink the value of those properties then buy em back 50 years down the line because thats the only move that involves no risk on our part"

Actually, outside Deadpool, most of Fox's stuff is under performing this year.

Bull. Fox knows they've got a license to print money and Deadpool proved it. They're going to double down on the X-Men start putting out more spin-offs and reboot Fantastic Four into a kids movie franchise. Fox isn't Sony.

You're fucking stupid if you actually believe that. Fox is so short sighted and unable to properly adapt comic movies that they had to reboot Fantastic Four three times, each less successful than the last, their only good high money making movies were 16 years ago with X-1 and X-2, AND they had so little faith that Deadpool was going to be a popular, well loved, money making movie that they gave Deadpool a bare minimum amount of funding, which they later took some away from later down the line, little to no marketing, and it STILL managed to beat out every other single last entry in their comic line up for the last 16 years. In short, Fox is like WB and Sony, shit when it comes to making good comic movies.

What if Avatar 2, 3 and 4 bomb?

I doubt they'll make Avatar 3 and 4 if 2 bombs, man, which it probably will.
Just like the first Alice movie, Avatar made a fuckload of money because of being one of the first big 3D movies, and now Alice 2 flopped.

>budget 120m
>gross 167m

You do realize that's worldwide gross, right? So Fox didn't actually get 167 million?

>it didn't eat as hard of a dick as real bombs

>Its low financial performance led to it being categorized as a box office bomb.[5][6][97] It was dubbed the second biggest box office bomb of 2015, behind Tomorrowland, estimating the film's losses to be between $80–100 million.[98][99]

little to no marketing for Deadpool? you lost me there m80

Sony cooperated with Marvel because they thought ASM was underperforming, not because it lost money.
Fox could always decide that any of their Marvel franchises would be more successful as part of the MCU, with production farmed out to Disney.

I'd please this mutant.

Would.

If this happens, it'll probably be something with the Fantastic Four. Less of a headache then trying to reboot X-men AGAIN and work it into the MCU.

>Wakanda's isolationist. Doom's too egocentric for that shit.
You don't need Doom to START off as Doom. He could still be working his way up.

It's not like she would leave that choice up to you.

>source is the producer of a podcast of a fat washed up comedy director
Fuck off.

Muh dick.

I'd just do an X-Men film that happens to be in the MCU. Mutants have been around for a long time, and the X-Men are already established, so it wouldn't be some thing about mutants being "discovered" for the first time.

Maybe I'd do a Schism film that splits the team. Then, a film for the Wolverine side where he tries to teach a new generation of mutants, and a film for the Cyclops side, where he founds the X-Tinction team. Maybe also an X-Force film. And then, Avengers vs. X-Men.

Yea.... but they got back the 120m, unlike say Victor Frankenstein, cost 40m got 34m. You think Fox is looking at doing a Frankenstein sequel? They still got another 12m from DVD/blu-ray sales.

Well... that's wrong. It deserves to be panned because it was bad, but the label of box office bomb is incorrect when the studio is able to recoup the cost of the film.

Showing films in theatres is not free, and international box office is much less profitable than domestic one due to things like foreign taxes and such.

Plus, you don't spend 120 million to earn maybe 10 million.

that's some fucking bad writing there. This is what happens when arm chair critics or fans try do it 'better' and you get 'tell that to Zod's snapped neck.'

because it was horrible

I love how people were genuinely angry at that, so mad that they tried to force it into a meme.

>have Wanda in the movies
>she's an actual hero
>wanting the first live action Scarlet Witch to get Bendis'd

are MCUcks always this retarded?

>Showing films in theatres is not free, and international box office is much less profitable than domestic one due to things like foreign taxes and such

Yes, but they get different amounts of different times. A bigger cut of the opening weekend gross, vs the 3rd week. Also the tax of international differs by country. It's incredibly stupid to say they get less. It depends what china feels like doing too, they don't tax the same movies the same way, some of them get taxed more. UK and AUS may not tax them much at all. I see people post "international tax is higher" all the time on here, it's bullshit, it depends on the country.

hmmm. my first quads. and with extra dubs. it feels good to be right

To be fair, there is a big gaping hole where a country once stood. And from the ashes of Sokovia shall rise a nation unlike the world has ever seen. The nation of Latveria!! It shall grow strong, while the whole world trembles, under the guidance of DOOM!

Go be irrelevant somewhere else, DCfriend.

I don't think you actually understand how domestic and international box office works. They didn't get back $167 million like you think they do. They most likely didn't even get $120 million back.

edwardjayepstein.com/photos.htm

>Ritualistically every Monday, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Variety and other newspapers publish the weekly box-office grosses in an authoritative-looking table. Unlike the bygone era when Hollywood studios owned their own theaters, nowadays these dazzling box-office grosses have little if any, relation to the profits of Hollywood studios. For one thing, these “grosses” are not that of the studios but that of the independently-owned movie houses. The movie houses eventually remit–after deducting their share and the so-called “house allowance”– between 40 and 50 percent of the gross in America. Overseas, the studios get even less.

In other words, if you apply that to Fant4stic it means that if Fox is lucky, they only got back $83 million.

>implying I care about DC
wrong. try again

Can't be a Foxfag since those don't exist.

true. I'm an X-fag and I don't care about dismarvel

The point is reading your post feels like a mix of fanfics with rampant fanboyism amped to eleven. The word "Cringe" doesn't give you a justice.

also, after a second thought there is this weird obsession with ruining the X-Men by making them play second fiddle to shitvengers. I mean, Avengers are basically one of the worst comic books in the existence. Why would I want Wolverine to be a boy scout in a "government" team?

It really very unlikely they made a profit. The revenue was so low. Your math is off though. It's not a straight cut the box office in half. It's broken down a bit differently.

>opening weekend
25m, say 75% of that so 18m

>rest of the domestic run
and additional 32m, so half that is 16m

>foreign
111m, so it ranges from 40-75%.... so...40-82m

>DVD/blu-ray sales
12m total that's revenue so 50% would be profit 6m.. I think sometimes they get more in first week... but no idea, so we'll just say 6m.

>Streaming/network license
Any where from 100k to 2m. That would be per network/service too.... so this is hard to know. Could be almost nothing, could be 8m.

FF is not a hot property like avengers or hunger games, I doubt anyone pays 2m..... but often they sell these things as package deals prior to the films release, so its possible someone paid millions for it.

So the low end of profit here is 80m, the high end is 124m. So.....Fox might have broken even on fantastic four. I can't see any other avenues of money from the film, but if it cost 120 and they made 124, they probably just posted it as a loss to not have to pay off anyone who was to get a percentage of profits. If fox claims to have profited off FF that would be really surprising.

>so much text about FF
wow, your post is more interesting than FF itself

You forgot to account for marketing and distribution costs