/tpg/ Twin Peaks General

Autismo Edition

>pastebin.com/pZgXp6xm

Is It Future Or Is It Past

1st for jumping man

I was playing Battleborn and one of Orendi's abilities is called Fire Walk With Me.

That's pretty cool, huh?

>tfw he will never stick his pointed mask up your ass

>I was playing Battleborn

MISSOULA

The Leftovers >>>>> Twin Plebs

>nostalgiafags
>normiefags
>theoryfags

ALL

GOT

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Windom Earle is inquestionably the best part of season two, simply because what enshrouds the Deleuzian representation of negation in “The Black Lodge” is by nature (W)indom (E)arle. We, the pure ample aspiration, the capital v-Viewer are held fantastically in a grip of pleasure as "solicitude", certainty as “knowingness” and “The Black Lodge” as ontological blockchain/godhead. TMFAP is absolute fact in opposition but the baroque villainy of WE's (and any Lovecraftian) the same sin to die “now” as on the path to Madness. The conditional “It” (DC) creates nothing in response, Earle's own humanity is reflected in his oeuvre of disguise-personalities. (performed) To WE (& the normative Cooper &Briggs) the Implacability of unsure sentiment is Earle’s selfenforcing principle, pleasure--simplicity. In Palmer, the reprised intelligences move towards psychosomatic transgression. WE's sickness is symptom & myth unlike the Palmer daughter his active agent is not important, but “normal” and yet pronouncedly considerable as such, bidding. “We a the, of not can he.” The subject of Earle is in an undiluted terrace viewed viewers become wrote wonders, noting nothing Indian anyhow in the Black Lodge (negation).

Then, there’s Earle, the something coupling with Lodge entities, (call it “force”, of what? of course: illusion. – by since And because of supremacy In ALL perceptions, (rare & cloistered the issue may be) what we then Now view as reality, IS,) [in WE's] subjection a full picture. In an open letter to Kenneth Welsh “Windom Earle” one asks to which if not to want introduction (Mark Frost) gigantic of up wrote run life, (MF) introduction, revelation, dreams, & value system, (MF,MF,DL,MF) ie. AS Windom Earle hAS in the Black Lodge. (the rudimentary transition in S2 of Windom A into form Windom B.) Perhaps to “comfyfags“ will greet these upon death, a paradoxical death for those who existence infects.

Reposting from previous thread because I find it interesting how the series influences me.

After watching e7 yesterday I've had terrible nightmares about Twin Peaks and felt claustrophobic the whole night. My dreams ended with >it's e18 now >Coop is still Dougie >he's doing some weird shit the whole episode, it's beyond not making sense >it's actually a meta-riddle >it starts an ARG that after enough investigation gets you to the scripts of two more episodes that completely resolve the story I don't know why but it was terrifying.

Once again, I don't think there's any deeper meaning to it, except for the fact that it really got to my subconscious.

The film really makes you feel for Bobby

>tfw Laura only wanted the blow

CLAIM YOU'RE WAIFU

GO GO GO

Cooper is my waifu

Her pupils are distracting. Can you photoshop them off.

Bobby fell in love. He couldn't see that Laura was the town whore and just not the high school whore.

Naomi in S3, Josie for the rest.

nigga wut

ew she old

child,fuck off

>you're
Why are you doing this?

She's cute! CUTE!

>/tpg/ doesn't know what Utena is so they respond with a bunch of meme answers
I thought Utena was iffy, but it really is the most Lynch-like anime with elements of Twin Peaks specifically.
>Nonsequiturs everywhere
>cringey goofiness that clashes with the tryhard parts
>DEEP imagery out the ass
>quirky characters that don't quite behave like normal humans
>no explanations
>experimental direction
>deliberately tedious pacing
>raperaperape
>soap opera

Honestly, Why do you faggots watch this garbage? One of the dullest franchises in the history of TV franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy FBI agent and his pals from Twin Peaks Sheriff Department as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lynch vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing an episode; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his meditation. The Twin Peaks series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least FWWM was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "had the fury of his own momentum".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lynch's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Twin Peaks by the same Chris Carter. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Twin Peaks at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch X-Files." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Twin Peaks" you are, in fact, trained to watch X-Files.

Fuck all of you.

>being this new

yeah I've liked her for almost 20yrs

n e g a t i v e b u t t

>the Buenos Aires leak was real
>it's actually Major Briggs' body
wew

what's the latest update on key-ra

go to bed, Randy

Literally, actually and figuretively who the fuck cares about your shitty cartoons?

>not being a genetically superior idort
lmao'ing at you're life

>tfw dougie is strong enough scrape the meat off your hands using a dull pistol grip

Tard strength

>I like anime and compare it to real life
haha'ing at your homosexuality

Just caught up.

Wtf happened at the end in the diner?

The guy entered, the shot cut to the other side, then when it went to the original angle EVERYTHING had changed?

The tree encouragement was a huge part of it. When you've got someone like that cheering you on, you feel like you could do anything. He's also the one who came up with the gameplan.

apparently it was a timeskip

there were pies missing from the display and shit

what did she mean here?

>Booper exits the cell in full BOB garb
>looks directly at the camera

What did he mean by this?

I heard hitmen will actually super glue the gun to their hand. To not lose their traceable and favorite pistol and to not have it taken in a scuffle.

Ahh, I was wondering what that was all about

Doesn't he say something like "hey did you guys see the TV!?"

What was lynch trying to say with the sweeping scene?

based donna poster

>he doesn't know
kek how does it feel to be dumb

Time passes but some things never change (Reneaus and whores).

2 scenes later time passes (a split second) and everything changes.

Really makes me think.

2 scenes later time passes

I know I just wanted to see if you did, which you clearly don't

Hay no banda

>the plot is progressing too quickly, here's some more nothing that idiots will interpret as substance

how new?

fixed

No hay banda

It was a fake out. There was no live band at the Roadhouse that night. With everything picking up, people thought roadhouse = credits and were subconsciously bummed it was already over.

I never say this, but fucking LYNCHED!

Rhonda best girl

So her pupils were 700kbs of data!

>rhonda will never sneak you into the girls toilets

Bobby, did I ever tell you about that time Agent Cooper left the hospital, cut my head off, raped your mother and burned our house down?
He was a good friend

There are a lot of unconventional things in Lynch's works. Some things are mentioned and never reappear, some scenes go awkwardly too long, etc. The way I see it is to make the people not sure what they're watching without always realizing it, and it contributes to the dreamlike "what did I just watch" feeling that when it works it can bring to the viewer. That said, another way to see it is that he's pretty out of touch and naive regarding some elements of film and TV and half of it can be seen as accidental clunkiness and the other part as too-overt "i'm an artist" statement. I give him the benefit of the doubt because I think it works most of the time and I really love his work. But no matter what the artists intention are it's up to the viewer to decide if it works for him or not.

I think he does it as a joke myself. It's like the elevators in eraserhead

Briggs was in a world of trouble way before Doppel Coop ever came on the scene. I also doubt that everything can be attributed to Doppel Coop. There are a lot of lodge spirits. Anyway, he knew the risks when he took the job.

I like it, it makes the plot harder to "predict". When the camera focuses on irrelevant details it can throw you off.

>my face when he'll continue blending fanservice and plot resolution with Lynchian absurdism, ultimately LYNCHING plebs and patricians alike

It's beautiful.

THERE THEY ARE, ALBERT

It wasn't doppelcoop, it was one of those dark skinned hobo demons

best comedy moment

>Briggs was in a world of trouble way before Doppel Coop ever came on the scene
explain

I really liked the elevator scene in Eraserhead. It would be way too long for anything else, but for the general feel of the story it works. I guess it can be called a joke, but it's a very particular kind of joke based on the awkwardness of it. A lot of things in Eraserhead a just plain silly but work because of the general atmosphere.

Albert and Gordon are both solid gold.

Post more Beverley

A higher res version of this one would also be nice

Ashley Judd is batshit nuts but good God she's so fucking hot. She's not far from Dougie's secretary, AKA best girl.

That top right cloud face is 2spooky.

she's got get that BHC (Big Horne Cock) before too long

He's been dimension hopping like a motherfucker while he was in town. The 15 other sets of his prints were made by him.

Clouds actually remind me a bit of that card Doplleganger had.

Remember when her and Charlize Theron were essentially the same person in the late 90s?

yeah what's going on with that

there's so many fucking plot threads in this season

Lodge spirits were already messing with him, no? He also disappears to a place and comes back without having any idea how much time has passed. He was also very obviously stressed from some of the things that happened to him if I remember correctly. And I'm pretty sure there's a mention that he had already went to the lodge. It was related to his job, sure, but he was in contact with all this before even Coop.

My underage dick sure as hell did.

I do NOT care about these new characters. I NEED to see the OLD characters in the OLD settings doing the SAME things that they did YEARS ago.

No I don't know what Twin Peaks was actually about and no I don't care. ALL I (and MANY others) care about is the atmosphere and the characters.

Mr Lynch what YOU are doing is making an EGO PROJECT and ignoring what the TRUE Twin Peaks fans (like myself) want.

Don't forget when he vanished and came back in full 1940s flight gear. God only knows what kinds of adventures he had. I'm hoping Final Dossier'll cover his spacetime trips.

Offscreen crimes of Doppleganger Coop;

>Murdered Major Garland Briggs, beheaded him, and burned his office down
>Raped Audrey Horne while she was in a coma after the bomb at the bank (She had a son, Richard Horne, the guy from the bar who later runs the kid over with his truck)
>Killed the FBI agent in Columbia after Albert gave Jeffries the name
>Raped, beat and abused Diane after going to her house shortly after leaving the lodge, leaving her traumatized
>Tortured, raped, and murdered Annie

aging really is brutal

it looks just like the owl symbol, poorly adapted to a playing card

get it together, boys

The character was kind of an L Ron Hubbard who wasn't full of shit.

Precedents are abundant, but uniformity amongst them is rare. The interpretation exists in the ambiguous, yet therein lays the indentured charge of his approach. To be Lynchian is to radiate elusiveness, and the enigma of what signifies Lynchian’s rationale lies in perpetuating unfamiliarity in that which was once familiar.

Lindeloff cucked Lynch so hard

no fucking shit it is idiot if that wasn't immediately your first guess then you're hoepless. I bet you still don't understand the glass box.

read it in his super deep monotone

Pretty much nailed the mindset. You'd think they'd know about Northern Exposure since it's what they're looking for.

He's the embodiment of what Hubbard wanted people to think he was.

Not him but I think I get what the glass box was for but not why the ghost of Lara Flynn Boyle came out of it and killed those two

If you don’t understand parts of the story, you’re probably really fucking dumb: Accept it. If you watch Twin Peaks and are confused by the story in any capacity whatsoever, your brain might as well be a goddamn litter box. All the surreal symbolism, dream logic, and non sequiturs are so, so easy to get, and if any of it flies over your head, then, shit, you’re honestly a profoundly dumb individual. Consider getting a home nurse, because people who can’t completely grasp Lynch’s exploration of man’s duality in its relationship to the balance and imbalance of nature are the type of people who need help bathing themselves and wiping.

Anybody else think the deep voice is to compromise recordings?

But do you understand it's metaphorical implications?

It's elusive in the sense of the iceberg theory, but that's something else. He shows you little bits that don't make sense at face value and he lets viewers subconsciously or not find a reason for it. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff he puts in there he has no idea what it means or just comes up with a reason for later. So in most of his works I'd say at least half of the story is in the head of the viewer. People who have no imagination will hate it, but some other who prefer to find their own meaning anyway prefer it to anything else. It's kind of close to absurdist humor in this way. He's not the only one that does this, but among the mainstream ones who succeed, he's very good at it, at least in my opinion.

>dude normies netflix and chill sex

kys