Skyler hate thread

skyler hate thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31Voz1H40zI
youtube.com/watch?v=nYaWkZ-Zuc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you watch walt's last scenes with "his" kids theres a sttong subtext of cuckoldry

at skylers apartment? what do you mean?

watch the way walt holds holly and looks at skyler.. ted's babby. cut to walt crying watching junior from afar.. not his babby either. poor poor kukd walt.

Sup Forums was right again

I watched the show for the first time recently and I liked Skylar a lot.

Shes an interesting character. Walt starts off as a decent character but he gets more and more dark as the series goes on, towards the end he is responsible for some horrible things. Skylar also isn't a perfect character but doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of hate she actually gets. Most of the people who hate her do so rationalizing or pretty much just ignoring all the horrendous shit that Walt has done.

>take car of your family
>all your wife does is turn you into a cuck (as if she was able to stop caring about sex, lel)

yeah very original

It was pretty well established that "muh family" was just a pretext for Walt to play kingpin.

Marie should have been killed along with Hank

>junior
>not his

Who's kid is it then?

Nobody watched BB for moral dilemmas. They watched for "I'm the one who knocks". If Walt has to be a horrible person to get us that, then cool. Skyler has average people problems, she never killed anyone or made bombs. She and Walt Jr. Exist to keep Walt grounded, but that gets in the way of cool shenanigans and so we don't like them.

>REEEEEEEE AM I UNDER ARREST
Skylar was obnoxious as fuck

would you?

0 rewatchability

>muh family
Pretty much the go to argument for anyone cheering for Walt. In itself it isn't really an argument because the gray matter guy basically agreed to not only pay for all of Walt's medical expenses but also take care of his family when he was gone. So the whole 'Thinking/providing for his family' argument is kinda bs. Even when Walt gets more than enough money that his family might need, he doesn't stop. At the very end he even admits that he did it for himself, because it made him feel good. Even if you give him credit for trying to 'provide for his family' that still doesn't negate ALL the other fucked up shit he did, nor does it justify it. In comparison Skyler's sins don't even come close.

You're right. While I liked Skyler, Walt was a much more interesting and complex character. Skyler also had her own arch though. She kinda goes from someone who is pretty much a normal housewife to someone who also gets pretty dark. One of the later episodes where they were trying to figure out what to do with Jesse and Skyler was all 'Eh, what's one more body' showed that she'd also changed quite a bit from the person she was at the beginning of the show.

Which makes her annoying, but not deserving the hate she gets, especially compared to Walt's actions.

Stop projecting you idiot.

>he didnt pay attention to what really happened with Walt, & lunch counter girl & the jews who manipulated him out of his fortune at Grey Matter

ok jr. try watching it when youve moved out of mommy's and have some life experience

Something I wish they'd addressed in the finale was why did Walt leave Grey Matter. I don't think there was ever a reason given.

But I would suppose it had to do with some slight where he felt he wasn't given proper credit for something as that was a recurring character fault all the way through the series.

>could've asked his mother for money and didn't even tell her he had cancer
>could've accepted his friends hand out and through it in their faces
>was given a way to launder the money with the online donations but resented that his son was getting the credit for it

I don't think they ever said directly why but I think it was related to his relationship with Gretchen. He wasn't pushed out or anything though, he left on his own.

All the points you made were valid though. From the get go Walt was given an option where his family would be taken care of. He didn't take it. Throughout the series there were multiple points where he could have just stopped, but didn't, which caused him to do a ton of unspeakable things directly, not to mention all the collateral damage that happened around Walt.

Money wasn't an issue
>Do you know how much i make a year? Even if I told you you wouldn't believe it.
youtube.com/watch?v=31Voz1H40zI

you made the claudia black hate thread too?
why not just /mysogynist general/

captcha "BBVA look"

skylar can get it thats all I'm saying man...

i think as the other guy said it was implied there was a love triangle thing and he probably didn't want to work at a place where he had to work with his ex and his friend who stole her from him.

i'm surprised they didn't at least give him stock options or something though or let him keep a small ownership stake considering he was a co-founder. maybe they offered but he was too prideful and didn't think he'd wind up teaching high school chemistry.

>/mysogynist general/
>hating bitch fictional characters

2010 is nearly ten years ago, legbeard.

I don't get what these people have for problems with Walt being a drug dealer. What do they care about those trash people that died through drugs?
Maybe moral outrage is understandable but then don't be fucking retarded.

A good wife would of at least cut him some slack on the whole meth thing, because he had cancer.

She cut him a lot of slack, the biggest one being not going to the cops when she found out he was making meth.

He left because hubris. He thought he didn't need them grey matter, that he could build the same thing alone after leaving.

WATCH BREAKING BAD

Skylar's constant nagging and running her bitch mouth utterly unaware of the situation at hand. Thoroughly justifies losing half a million of walts money that would have got him out sooner, but she used that on a problem that her twat created.

frankly walt should have left her with nothing as she was the most unhelpful person throughout the series and served as an obstacle every step of the way.

That's called marriage. You'll see.

>You'll see.

don't plan on it. but thanks for assuming a girl would marry me.

Well, early on in the show Walt is a sympathetic character. He has cancer, and we don't see the consequences to him cooking meth, like the addicts we see later on. The audience takes his intentions at face value.

Skylar, intentionally or not, is an early antagonist because she stands in the way of Walt, when we believe his intentions are somewhat pure. She's also a massive bitch about it.

I think we as audience members never get over that first impression of Skylar as a bitch who stands in Walt's way, even if we realizes he's doing things for ultimately selfish reasons.

All the characters are flawed in one way or another. Skyler blowing Walt's money on Ted was a bitch move. That entire chain of events was a result of Walt's actions. If he'd taken money from Gray matter guy Skylar wouldn't need to get a job. If Walt was honest with her from the beginning about the whole meth thing, again Skylar would have no reason to get a job. Skylar making decisions based on partial information was also Walt's fault for not being honest with her. Does that justify a lot of her actions? No, just like the whole 'He did it for his family' bs doesn't justify Walt's actions.

You can demonize Skylar all you want, but then don't go and prop up Walt. Skylar makes quite a few bad decisions, bad decisions she justifies to herself and rationalizes for various reasons, just like Walt. If you give Walt leeway for his bs rationalization, you have to do the same for Skylar.

skyler is a better character than kim

>I fucked Ted.

Was this show made to appeal to betas?

We watch the ultimate cuck Walt become a "badass" and things happen such as Ted becoming paralyzed and bald/ugly.

Yeah I'd agree with that. A lot of what you said leads people to just not like Skylar, even though Walt is a considerably more horrible character, at least towards the end anyway. I think a lot of people also don't know how to cheer for Walt and come to terms with the fact that he is the cause of his own problems.

I agree. I feel like as someone else said we as an audience enjoy the "Heisenberg" antics. It's very difficult for us to see it from a concerned loved one's perspective and move away from the type of character walt becomes. I also think the general way her character behaves for herself, aka sleeping with her boss, leads the audience to see her as the self centered one.

Skylar is more complicated than I think the audience gives her credit for simply because she is looking out for her family but is caught between the struggle of dealing with Walt as a criminal. As an audience we (typically) only see her as an obstacle for the Heisenberg antics.

Removing her completely would mean that there's no one to ground Walt. No one else in the series can legitimately put him in his place, and that's why she needs to be a "bitch." She holds the key that relies as his main motivation; his children. If walt has no access to his kids it ruins his "I'm doing this for my family" act and exposes him for the selfish person he is.

TL;DR Skylar is a bitch but she has motivations even if it's against the audience's wishes.

>cancer man earns half million dollars
>cancer man's wife sucks other man's cock
>other man has debts with government
>wife justifies using money that isn't hers to save man not her husband
>somehow its all walt's fault for not taking the other money he earned and his wife did fuck all for.

the fact is we hate skylar because she was a shit person and all she gave walt was a bunch of bitching and a handicapped child.
Walt at every term was earning and suporting his family and never once cheated even with millions of dollars.

his wife is a whore, and she shouldve been killed by the cousins

This show is proof.that a series should never have a closed ended ending.

The final episode was a pretty big letdown after its all said and done.

lol, its funny how many breaking bad fans think mass murder is a lesser crime than cheating. A LOT of people died as a result of Walt's actions, both directly and in directly.. Buuut.. Skylar cheated, totally worse.

S K Y L E R
K
Y
L
E E E E E E E E E E E E E
R

This more or less. The entire theme of Breaking Bad was Walt's need to please his ego. The reason he kept making meth was because he felt like a kingpin. Hos friend straight up offered to pay for the cancer treatment anyway as a way to repay Walt ffs.

Yeah she really was a bitch

Didn't she pay Ted off to get the IRS odd their back though? What was wrong with that?

>bad decisions she justifies to herself and rationalizes for various reasons, just like Walt. If you give Walt leeway for his bs rationalization, you have to do the same for Skylar.

no I don''t

walt earns millions of dollars on his own even before skylar he had a better gf and a better job he sold his shares in gray matter for a down payment on a house for skylar and her handicapped child that probably isn't his.

skylar spends two seasons trying to force herself into walt's business then the last 3 fucking up his business and at the end of it all she has the gall to blame walt for everything as if he was selfish. In my opinion walt should have been selfish the entire time.

He would be alive and good friends with gus and mike if not for jesse or skylar.

>no she got the IRS off of TED'S back, in no way do I see this being walt's problem except for the fact she's having an affair with Ted and also cooked his books for him, therefore SHE was the problem and WALt's money was her solution to her problem of fucking her boss.

>Walter earned millions on his own
What? He sold his shares in Grey Matter for like 5000 dollars. The company wasn't worth anything when he left until the research material they took from him bore fruit

Yea well, he was good at making meth.

that's respectable, rather than bitching at people who are actually good at creating things

Yeah when the IRS got involved there was a chance they'd look into her, and a result stumble onto Walt's activities. Even so, Skylar paid off Ted behind Walt's back, which was wrong because her whole issue in the beginning was Walt not being honest with her, doing shit behind her back, then she does the same thing to him, with money that wasn't even hers no less.

Walt WAS selfish the entire time, he just told himself it was for his family, but it really wasn't. We've already established multiple times in this thread how Gray Matter would have not only payed for Walt's treatments but also supported his family if he happened to die.

Also if it wasn't for Jesse Walt would wouldn't even know where/how to get into the meth business. You're being awfully selective.

It's kind of strange how they literally tell instead of show that Walt is a selfish dick in the end but it goes over everyone's head

name one good thing skylar has done on par with jesse shooting gale and cooking meth and helping on heists.

nothing

she sucked some cock and when it blew up in her face, she tried to fix a half million dollar problem.

thats the extent of how helpful she is.

Walt carries the entire show, therefore he is much likable.

his meth business caused many deaths, but at least it was his business.

skylar had no busniess of her own, she had one job at the carwash and didn't even do that right.

after all that she was still insufferable and placed all the blame on walt in the end, therfore if she can blame walt for everything then walt is responsible for the millions her son has now, and shes responsible for none of it.

People hate her because the writers never included anything to make her likeable.

Walter kind of started likeable

Elliot's offer to Walt was bullshit though.Walt may have sold his shares fair and square, but it's clear that they sort of agree with Walt's accusation that they stole his research, or at least failed to include him when they should have.

In their last interview, they falsely claim that all he contributed was the name, which is just as much a self serving lie as anything Walt did. And offering to pay for his treatments and take care of his family isn't right; if it was out of friendship, they would have offered him an actual position years prior, not some made up job to function as charity when he gets sick with cancer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walt fucked himself somehow by burning bridges when he sold his share, but from what the audience witnesses, Walt was a genius chemist critical to Elliot and Gretchen's success, and they had no right to treat him like a charity case.

>take care of your family
>kill a man in the basement
>get the house bugged by a hitman
>have other hitmen infiltrate your house
>have a third group of hitmen infiltrate your house
>kidnapped the baby
>got his brother in law killed
>left them to be hounded by the media for the rest of their lives
>in the end only got enough money to put your kid through school
>take care of your family
You see, the joke is he ruined his family's lives and it's his fault

>name one good thing skylar has done on par with jesse shooting gale and cooking meth and helping on heists.
Jesse has fucked up way more things than he has actually helped with. People just let it slide because he is a likeable character and at least shows some remorse for the things hes done.

Skylar has done plenty of things that could be considered 'good'.
1. Trying to protect her kids from a husband who is in the meth business. Which is justified since there were plenty of occasions where they could have been killed as a result, like when Tuco's cousins were in their house to kill Walt.
2. Not going to the authorities when she finally found out Walt was a drug dearler
3. Trying to actively HELP Walt launder his money via the car wash business.

>his meth business caused many deaths, but at least it was his business.
That... Doesn't really justify the deaths..

>skylar had no busniess of her own, she had one job at the carwash and didn't even do that right.
It was an attempt to help Walt launder his money, and again it's something that wouldn't have happened if Walt had simply accepted Gray Matter money.

>after all that she was still insufferable and placed all the blame on walt in the end, therfore if she can blame walt for everything then walt is responsible for the millions her son has now, and shes responsible for none of it.
The show ends with Skylar, the baby, and Walt Jr. living in some shitty apartment, with the world knowing that their husband/father was a drug dealer. They didn't get shit. Assuming that somehow they get the money that Walt set up for them via threatening Gray Matter is like watching the end of the season where Gus dies and saying 'Oh hey Walt says I won, guess that means he wins.' Just about every plan Walt sets into motion fails in one way or another. There's no guarantee that his family will ever see any of that money.

Elliot's offer might have been bullshit, but it still would have provided for his wife and kids without anyone needing to die or any of the horrible things that happened after Walt decided to cook meth.

During the series they're confronted with, and even admit how much Walt contributed to Gray Matter 'It's as much ours as it is yours. The reason they said he only contributed to the name was because the world knew that Walt was a meth dealer, and they didn't want his actions to affect their business. It was a lie, but an easily justifiable one.

>I wouldn't be surprised if Walt fucked himself somehow by burning bridges when he sold his share, but from what the audience witnesses, Walt was a genius chemist critical to Elliot and Gretchen's success, and they had no right to treat him like a charity case.
Maybe a part of it was guilt. Either way for better or worse they DID offer Walt an out, which Walt refused to take.

why not, i was married twice.

Yeah I was rewatching that episode make sure I knew what I was talking about. So Gretchen even admits that Walt got screwed over. Skylar must know that, since that's how Walt came up with the down payment.

Realistically yes, this means that Walt turned down the opportunity to have his family taken care of without becoming a criminal. But to circle back to the topic at hand about why people dislike Skylar, she clearly misled Walt by telling Elliot beforehand about Walt's condition, which leads to Elliot pretending to offer walt a job when really he is giving him charity. It's emasculating, as Marie and Hank point out. As our then sympathetic protagonist, we want Walt to overcome his challenges, and Skylar often stands in the way of that.

Like others have said, Skylar is a necessary character for Walt if he is to become Heisenberg later, and I wouldn't say that her actions are selfish or immoral, but she really is a unlikeable bitch.

yeah but the adventure for Walt is precisely to stop becoming an underachiever cucked by anybody in his life and keep being castrated by his ''I am a protective mom'' wife

I just rewatched it a week ago. Every episode is 11/10 until the final 3.

Checked. Walt being an underachiever in the first place was Walt's fault. It was his own actions that led him to where he was when the series started.

Yeah, what it comes down to is Skylar just being unlikeable in a lot of ways. Her going behind Walt's back to tell Elliot about Walt's condition was her trying to make sure her family is taken care of after Walt dies, that's really no different than all the fucked up shit Walt does for 'muh family'. Skylar's actions while emasculating to Walt, would at least mean no one had to needlessly die.

only secular humanists fear death and think that it is really bad to die, but they have no problem about killing people they do not like

Stupid bitch

>Just about every plan Walt sets into motion fails in one way or another. There's no guarantee that his family will ever see any of that money.

ok i'll give ya that mang.

People hate her because she was a two timing bitch.

Walt was NEVER mean to her and he NEVER fucked around on her.

She bitched at him constantly and fucked around on him. That's why people hate her.

because women make me uncomfortable, not gay, just don't enjoy their company or "friendship" when it leads only to stress and failed marriages they can blame you for.

this.

it's like ignoring the fact she gave 600,000 to her boss whose cock she was sucking has to be ignored to like her, and even still she sucks

Oh yeah, this never happened.
youtube.com/watch?v=nYaWkZ-Zuc8

I forgot about this hussy. She clearly makes advances and as usual when it comes to act and not words, she plays the confident card only here to help through talk.

>Be a simple teacher
>get cancer
>decide fuck it, cook meth and leave money for my family when I die
>risk life every day and be forced to even take life
>do it all for your family
>fucking wife gives the money you risked everything for to the guy she's fucking around with

Yeah, the money wasn't the issue. It was the action that Walt should have fucking wasted her ass.

Hank should have bashed her with his rocks
>THEY *smash*
>ARE *smash*
>FUCKING *smash*
>MINERALS *smash*
>MARIE *smash*

Hanks.

She's his wife. It was her choice. He could eat babies for breakfast, who cares. It's basically her job to support him. Same goes for that whiny faggot, Junior. It is not your fucking business what your father does for living. He's your father.
I've never understood those two.

>lunch counter girl
> walt's last scenes with "his" kids theres a sttong subtext of cuckoldry
who? do you have any links to those scenes?

well did she not get the fumes from working with ted ?

she married a spineless cuck and wanted him to continue that way. If anything if you don't like the "muh family" argument like people here are defending, than realize walt was stepped on his whole life, and for once had a chance to have power

Sure, if you admit that Skylar is to Walt what Walt is to Gus.

>Be a simple teacher
>get cancer
>decide fuck it, put my family's life on the line, be a criminal
>kill tons of people, get really greedy and start building my own drug empire
>all for my family
>wife somehow doesn't love me anymore
>gives her boss the cash I earned to not incriminate herself
>apparently fucks him too
yeah she's outright evil. jesus how much of a cuck do you have to be?

complete horseshit

Walt Jr's reaction was even more inexcusable than Skylers.

Seriously who givesba fuck what their parents do for a living long as they're around and not treating you like shit.

That crippled little shit can get fucked.

All of the problems between Walt and Gus was Jesses fault and the fact that walt constantly had to save Jesse's dumb ass.

The way Walt always had Jesse's back was as bro tier as it gets.

what do you mean? a liability and a child? of course he was. It was embarassing seeing walt's pathetic begging for gus' forgiveness and kindness and only fucking up harder each time. It doesnt matter to my initial point anyway. Walt was actually an essential for the operation, Skyler just married a castrated cuck and got bitchy when he got some balls back

>>All of the problems between Walt and Gus was Jesses fault
no it was the fault of gus who did not punish the two guys for killing the friend of jesse

very bad move from Gus

I just personally feel skylar would have been a bit too happy with walt dying of cancer and collecting his pension and money from the rich friends.

Noone wan't to suffer through life just to go out that way.

It's a bad deal and a waste of a brilliant mind.

He spent his life playing by the rules, and when the gloves came off he conquered a well established Cartel and seized a vast chink of the economy. All in a matter of months.

That's why we like walt he may be a dick, but he's tried not being a dick.

Skylar just never seemed to get with the program...that's not because she's a woman or anything, it's just that the character was written as an antagonist when the main character had no enemy at the moment.

>Hurr I don't care if daddy murders people and deals drugs, at long as he buys me stuff and takes me places!

>her handicapped child that probably isn't his
source?

Why was Walt so attached to Jesse anyway? I forgot.

Walt knew how troublesome Jesse was from the very beginning. Walt should have killed Jesse early on, but he didn't which is also on him.

a non crippled son who actually share an interest in chemistry

>Trying to protect her kids
They are not "her kids". They are "their kids", at best. She tried to steal Walter's property not once, but twice. His money AND his children.
>Not going to the authorities when she finally found out Walt was a drug dealer
It's sort of a given for a married couple, no? Would you expect from someone to testify against his own brother, or mother, or whoever?
>They didn't get shit.
They would deserve that. But they've got everything, they just don't know about the source of that money. Rewatch the last season.

Don't grow up with that mentality, you're only gonna end up being used by some chick past her prime who realizes her only talent was being pretty a decade ago, so she starts searching for shmucks who get bashful at the attention of a girl because he never got it all his life before, therefore making sure she's still taken care of and doesn't have to go through a hard time ever

You should be prepared for it to happen because it definitely will, since you can't survive past the 30s without getting a job - which is what women will look after because she already got her fill of dick in their youth when you weren't worth shit in their eyes to even talk to them

Don't fall for it

Jesse was supposed to die in s2, Vince chose to keep him

But...he really loved his son and Walt was never shown to hold anything against him.

Walt should have disowned him as soon as he started calling himself Flynn.
It's bad enough when your son doesn't want to have your name but choosing fucking Flynn?
complete inexcusable.

Two things.

1. Jesse was a surrogate son to Walt.

2. Jesse was the only human being in that entire sordid business that Walt could count on not to try to stab him in the back and murder him.

>That's why we like walt he may be a dick, but he's tried not being a dick.
lol

>He spent his life playing by the rules, and when the gloves came off he conquered a well established Cartel and seized a vast chink of the economy. All in a matter of months.
I'll give you the cartel thing because he did manage to come out on top. Even though Walt knew how to make money he literally had no idea how to manage it. Every attempt at laundering it he either refused (The charity that Walt Jr. set up), or the car wash. He literally ended up just storing all the money in a storage room, then later in barrels. Even though he had hundreds of millions of dollars, he wasn't able to spend any of it because he had to keep up appearances. Not only that he ends up losing all of it to the Nazis in the end anyway. So yeah.. He came out on top when it came to taking on the Cartel, but what good did it do him? None.

>he really loved his son
what did he do to show this? dont just assume he loved his son. And dont take his word for it because walt is a notorious liar. Many parents resent their children for petty reasons, imagine having a cripple who refuses to even use your name that you gave him.
also that whole fundraising website thing

He was an underachiever stuck in a shitty job because he got undeservedly fucked over on more than one occasion, with the cancer being the final straw

There's no way you wouldn't do the exact same thing if you found out you had a talent like that