What is your honest opinion of this director?

What is your honest opinion of this director?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ibMcII_kM2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has the mind of an artistic genius but all geniuses are crazy.

So he usually needs help from other people (Mark Frost, Mary Sweeney) to make his movies/shows coherent and good.

shit pretentious haircut and face

Based waifu caster

plebs like cannot comprehend him

10/10 hair for his age, too bad he's a manlet

>LYNCHED XDDD

Alpha artist, true inspiration.

in dreams
he walks
with you

It's weird because my grandma looks like him.

Shit

Nice hair

hit and miss but likeable

I respect the originality of his art, but I'm not educated enough in film to say anything about it.

He makes entertaining flicks, and plebs mistake his weird sense of humor for depth.

My all-time favorite

overrated hack. Thankfully people are waking up to this due to the shitshow that is Twin Peaks S3

A complete hack.

>DUDE RANDOM LMAO

Overrated hack AND misunderstood genius.

No discernible talent

Some of his films are fantastic. Twin Peaks s3 is the most overrated show I've ever seen on this board though, and that's made me feel somewhat bitter about him.

The best there was, the best there is, the best there ever will be.

Meh.

Who holds a cigarette like that? Is he autistic?

watching King of the Hill has told me that that's the "European" way.

Nah man hes just so fucking cool and different, just look at his hair man

While watching the show I often have to ask myself "would a filmmaker be able to get away with this critically if their name wasn't David Lynch?" Most of the time the answer is 'no'.

Films like Mulholland Drive are great because they're masterfully crafted despite all the zany surrealism. Twin Peaks just kind of- is. There's not much more to it besides what you see, especially considering all the parody elements are heavy-handed. Still a 7.5/10 show, but it's not elevating TV as an art form, just subverting the conventions.

He's like an 80's Lady Gaga, and a huge faggot.

Pretentious asshats that's who

Great hair genes.

I avoided his films for a long time because I expected them to be subversive, satirical, deconstructive, and needlessly convoluted. However, I find his work to be sincere and warm hearted.

Cinema will be a lot poorer when outlaws like he and Herzog are gone.

T.ugly

I want to know which hair pomade he uses.

Never seen any of his works.

Bowie is dead, so I can now say for sure that he is the greatest artist alive. But I respect people not liking him, and understand that they are none the less for that.

His greatest skill is his casting, it's often the saving grace for his films that are easy to critically take apart. I have other opinions also.

With this likely being Lynch's last project, the poetry if Bowie shows up is going to be amazing. End of an era.

he seems like a pretty average director who just has unique sensibilities.

Also funny reading what he thinks about Twin peaks s2 as if it was wildly different to the first one

Not my favorite director but I respect him more than any other, because of his creativity, originality and for the perfection of his films.

youtu.be/ibMcII_kM2M
twin peaks is of his weaker efforts

best hair in the game

Twin Peaks is to Television what Jazz is to classical Music. Jazz is purposefully off center as is Twin Peaks. You either like it or you don't.

Do you really expect the same level of artistic value from a tv show than a movie? You know there's a reason they put ads in the middle of them. Because the target audience is low IQ plebs.

>dude dreams lol

I'm not his hugest fan. I like some of his films. He's not the master of the surreal, not even close, when it comes to movie making. He's a Hollywood director through and through.

I do find the cult of personality surrounding him a little odd. The whole "Lynchian" phrase becoming a stand in now for all things "surreal" in the past 30 years is annoying. That being said, I have a feeling he actively plays that up for ego.

Don't quote DKW at me, you fags.

Not really a fan but I respect that he makes the kinds of films he wants to make and generally doesn't adhere to traditional Holywood shit.

Industry needs people like him.

At times he just seems to be alienating for the sake of it, seems disingenuous

The first half of his career is 10/10, he lost it around Lost Highway

>he fell for the "lynch is the weird guy, frost is the normal guy to reel him in meme"
Yeah because the Elephant Man, Blue Velvet and Dune were all so weird and out there

this, he just makes feature length youtube poops

it's not

You have no clue what you're talking about

Is that Radovan Karadžić?

He was very close to being JUSTed in the 90s, I'm glad he unfucked himself

Truly, He and Noe Gaspar are the only avant gard visionaries left in cinema.

Every time I see an old man with a full head of luxurious hair I want to commit crimes.

Shit. He really does look like him.

I think his shit is pointlessly vague and confusing, and that the people who think its all deep and meaningful are idiots. The first season of twin peaks was good though, and I liked Lost Highway.

When it comes to pretentious, overly artistic directors with weird haircuts, I prefer Jim Jarmusch.

Why did he lose?

He makes "art films" for Christopher Nolan and David Fincher fans.
There's a reason Lynch is considered a joke in any better film school

This.

It was, though. Yeah, because those schools are full of bitter faggots. It's easy to talk someone's work down, but actually making something better is another story.

>Films like Mulholland Drive are great because they're masterfully crafted
>Masterfully crafted

It was literally a pilot for a TV series that didn't get picked up and was in limbo for a few years before Lynch screwed some of the pieces together (rehashing Lost Highway's basic plot of someone murdering a lover and not being able to cope therefore creating an alternate reality in their head.)

>film school