Sup Forums-core fine arts/culture/educational programming

Including, but not limited to:
>current content from PBS, BBC, Classic Arts Showcase, TCM, WNET, certain Fathom Events broadcasts
>classics from Bravo, A&E, Discovery, TLC, History back when they were still highbrow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=te4g6JHvRG0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biography_(TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=kFapCN9G_QQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>A&E
>TLC
>Bravo

Yes, the channels that air Duck Dynasty, My 800 pound life, and Real Housewives are REAL highbrow

There's this show from Discovery that I've been watching lately. It's called Mighty Ships. It's an hour long program that showcases a different giant ship ex a ship that transports livestock, cargo ships, cruise ships, military ships, ice breakers, dredgers, all kinds of crazy shit.

It's produced in Canada as well, so it's an actual documentary style show, not american style jump cuts and music. it's really good, has at least 9 seasons I think, and has a few spinoff series as well. Check it out.

learn2read
PBS is the only good thing left on my tv besides my movie channels, I don't have the other channels you listed. Fuck me.

Classic Discovery, I miss that shit so much. Now the only thing left that is similar to their nature shows is Nature on PBS.

I'm depressed as fuck now. Thanks, OP.

It's... okay. I guess. It's not classic-tier. It's the best of the worst?

what the fuck are you talking about

Agreed. I like it too. The fact that it's made in Canada is the key here I guess.

>Classic Discovery, I miss that shit so much.
I know that feel. There was a time you could watch Discovery and be informed.

Let's be real, this kind of discussion isn't going to flourish on Sup Forums (especially not neo-Sup Forums, which is all trash pop culture and celeb bullshit and memes and Sup Forumsshit). But where else could we go? There's reddit (yeah I know), but even that probably wouldn't be a great home either...

reddit: a good post every 3 days and nothing else
Sup Forums: many shitposts all the time

I made my choice. I have to live with it.

I love TCM. I've seen so many great classic films because of Ted Turner.

It's good for 2017, but it doesn't compare to similar things from a decade ago. At least it didn't get worst and is still the same as season 1 quality wise.

Now that Ken Burns' Civil War is on Netflix there's literally no reason to watch PBS aside from the one NOVA special per year that's actually interesting

isn't most of PBS stuff online other than the ken burns stuff and other specials?

Globe Trekker
Operas/Musicals/Great Performances/etc.
Nova/Nature/etc.

Burns' new Vietnam seriesl is coming later this year.

Where else can you get the complete (1111 minutes) Ring Cycle?

Okay, online, but where else on tv?

I love pbs

>violin begins to play It Ain't Me
For real tho, I get moist when I think about how awesome this will be

I miss shows like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=te4g6JHvRG0

It was more about documenting reality rather than creating a scripted dramatic reality like they do now.

Yessss. Can't wait

This should be great

i came when they announced that trent reznor/atticus rose were doing the soundtrack

docukino, the comfiest of comfy

Anyone a member of MVgroup or myspleen?

Bump

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biography_(TV_series)

youtube.com/watch?v=kFapCN9G_QQ

Post more if you have something

Anyone know any good youtube channels for this stuff?