Steven universe theory

So have anyone else seem this theory?

There seems to be evidence that among the multitude of other changes to the earth in Steven universe, the planet rotates North to South instead of East to West.

The most solid and striking piece of evidence is this shot of the earth.

Further evidence is that consistently throughout the show, the sun has set in the North.

ah well two dubs in a row. i guess it's true

Then why is the map of Earth displayed like this? No one would make a map that looks like this if the poles are in the Pacific and in Eurasia.

Or maybe they were lazy

Now, if this theory were true, the new axis of rotation would be this line

This theory is making me mildly nauseous. I think it's vertigo or something like it.

Maybe the artists are just dumb when it comes to basic things such as knowing where the sun sets.

>Siberian sea caused by the weight of the arctic ice cap

Do we know if this is consistent though?

It's a reference to Earthrise, one of the oldest images of Earth from the point of view of on the moon.

Are you sure?

I mean older Japanese maps had Japan sideways.

Plus, the poles could have changed after maps were established.

This has to be intentional.

Where the sun rises and sets can alter given the time of year, it's entirely possible that this episode took place during one of those days where the sun sets in the Northwest.

Also, based on this, and the fact that Stevens home is still in a moderate climate, this is a quick layout of the theoretical climate with the white being the poles and the green being the tropics.

I apologize for the horid chicken scratch drawing, it's the best I can do on my phone.

>one of those days where the sun sets in the Northwest.
Which is to say, any given day that's not the spring or autumn equinox. Middle of summer most likely.

Maybe, but I think this is reaching a bit in terms of lore. A shift in the earth's rotation wouldn't really explain anything besides "Homeworld hit earth so hard that it went off its axis" which wouldn't require something so meticulous and subtle. Aside from that, no one is making theories about why New York is "Empire City" or Pennsylvania is Keystone.

I agree. The gem war on Earth is an easy explanation for geographic differences, period.

Planet off its axis? Well major drilling into the planet with alien technology that is bringing the core itself to life... that could do that.

Different city names? Well a war breaking out on Earth that leaves magical remnants all over the planet would be more than enough to send a butterfly effect through our naming process.

We can be certain it wasn't an impact, user. Such an impact would have sterilized the Earth.

There is literally nothing to explain with the different city names.

>over analysing children's cartoons.

>going to a cartoon message board to complain about people talking about cartoons.

But what would this mean? What would this change?

The sunsets are not consistent. I'm afraid this theory has crashed with no survivors.

As said, they were just imitating Earth Rise but without taking how the Earth actually rotates into account. They just figured the North Pole is up no matter how you are looking at the Earth.

>over analysing a show that was made to be over analysed

I dont watch this shit show but have you ever thought of the fact that maybe that guy in the pic is standing on the "wrong" axis?

Is this a joke post?

yeah look at these fucking nerds
they go on an anime image board, to go to a sub board which is dedicated to cartoons and comics- and they talk about a particular show which is popular for having deeper meanings and hidden information.

where the fuck do you think you are nigga

aww look the tumblrtards trying to pretend their SJW-propaganda cartoon show has lore and depth

All I can see is Steven holding a bunch of pizzas.

>Pizza time

I think what be means is that maybe Steven is seeing the earth at a weird angle because of where he is on the moon, however that's not the case given how we can see which way earth is facing based on the positioning of the continents

You're either trolling or a moron, and if you care about that garbage-ass show, I'm leaning towards the latter. Go away.

>implying

Even if this theory isn't true, and some good counter points in this thread have done a pretty good job of convincing me I was wrong, that is far from the only example of "deep lore" or heavy foreshadowing. Say what you will, and SU has its flaws and isn't everyone's cup of tea, but one thing you can't say is that there isn't foreshadowing, or that theories of this sort haven't turned out to be right before.

Tl;Dr bait harder

a pizza party on the moon would be rad

wew

Even if not true, this isn't something I can't see this show doing. The entire planets geography is already radically different, so something like this actually isn't that unlikely.

Also,
>how dare you like things I don't like

ITT: One Tumblrtard , gets mad people think their stupid theory of a children's cartoon show is dumb
WHOAAAA THE SHADOWS ARE IN A DIFFERENT SPOT WHOA
This is nothing like Adventure Time before it got bad where it actually has a role in the story and setting itself. A whole chunk is missing and is a result from nukes and shit and even led to creations and alterations of characters, in SU it just might turns a different direction, thats it.
Wow its fucking nothing

Axis of rotation change like that would probably tear the planet to bits. It would be a massive change in momentum and acceleration.

the ship they're on is probably just at an angle...........

Japan didn't know how about heliocentrism.

>haters=cancer

more likely its just the art/storyboarders are shit, just like every other aspect of this show

And a newcomer

>ship

MODS they're making threads again MODS!!!

Only if it is also a podcast.

And you have been BTFO by mods.

If it was instant, yeah. But the planet looks a bit torn to bits doesn't it?

Life still exists on the surface so no, it doesn't look torn to bits.

Be nice.

>Tropical Siberia and Japan
>Frozen arctic middle east

>storyboarders
it would be something that would fall under the BG designers