What went wrong with S5?

lydia didnt show her feet

Vince was too scared to kill Skyler and he didn't know what the 52nd birthday Gun was about when he wrote it

>let's cut it in two because the show has gotten so huge now
>what is walt going to do with this gun, writers? let's think about this only after writing the first part of the last season
>also let's add nazis

Nazis are like siracha

They should have mixed the ending and replaced the white supremacists with gus.

Neo-Nazis out of fucking nowhere.

It was unnecessary

$$$$$

and the decision to not end it with Gus

Just needed a more logical villain. Have Gus's "friends" from Chile come up because of the cartel fighting that happened and have them come after Walt. End it with Walt going out more Scarface style.

what

I think the nazis were a bad choice for the last villains
they represented Walt's lowpoint as he had to associate with their criminal gang to get things done in prison

it was kind of odd to have a big time bad ass villian like gus get replaced by stupid nazi henchman goons, who end up getting the upper hand on Walter

should have ended at season 4

the nazis were more careless than stupid. and they only got the upperhand because Walt's greed led them to his money and Hank was there

The Nazis were a shitty final villain.

going sons of anarchy with nazis instead of finally using the big cartels.

As has been said, the Nazis were kind of lame, plus it was too short. Didn't really get a resolution for the rest of Walter's family, Marie, or Jesse.

It wasn't bad, but it's a letdown after s4

I find her so damm cute.

Nothing

What's to resolve with Marie? She's a stupid attention whore who will go on to lead a stupid attention whore life. Probably have a Lifetime movie made about her and her struggle with her criminal in-law and coping with the death of her heroic cop husband.

They had no clue how to end it. In some interview they said when they wrote the scene of Walt 1 year in the future looking at the machine gun in his car, they had no idea where they were going with that. They just wanted to "plant a flag" and hope they could eventually write their way to it.

They should have change the s4 finale a liitle to suit the show finishing and then left it at that. S5 was the biggest mistake and felt really rushed.

With S4 they realized they wrote themselves into a hole. Every threat was eliminated and Walt came out on top, which you can't do when you've been writing him as a Scarface character the whole time. So they had to make up some really stupid shit to wrap him up.

In mY opinion season 5 was essential because of the hank vs Walt thing.
If it wasn't for s5 the whole sleuth buildup thingy would be for nothing

>Completely hamfisted unnecessary villains at the point in the show where the villain is supposed to be Walt.
>Writing a scene one season earlier where Walt is in another state with a machine gun without knowing why and how he is there.

That about sums it up.

What was the relevance of her kleptomancy? That's a major plothole right there.

b-b-but we need to show nazis are the bad guys!!!

As I said, attention whore. Kleptomaniacs don't do it for the actual items, they do it because they do want to get caught and get attention from it. It's a small enough crime usually that there's no serious penalty.

Everything about Marie is about her need for attention, she is just every woman ever.

S5 was shit because everyone involved with the writing got too worked up about how popular the show had become
>Uhhhh if I do something reddit doesn't like my career is OVER forever
They were all worried about making Walt what everyone wanted him to be.
And that's the root of how they fucked up.

Walt's story is about him FAILING and being a conceited fuckhead.
The first few seasons were about Walt getting his dick hard thinking he's hot shit.
Season 4 ended with Walt at his absolute high point.

Season 5 should have been a total destruction of everything Walt cared about.
He was just a fucking pissant highschool chem teacher. A fucking nobody. And he flailed his way to carving out a niche in the New Mexico drug market

Season 5 should have been about the REAL big dogs coming in after Gus' death and taking Walt the fuck down.
Walt tries his absolute best he does all his scheming shit. But he's just a bitch compared to the actual powers.
That's how it needed to end. Walt realizing he's an overconfident no one who fucked up his life by not accepting his friend's money.

But, no that couldn't happen. Because Walt was too popular and "hella f*cking epic".
So they gave him some ridiculously evil bad guys (literal Nazis) for him to kill with a robot car.
They couldn't even kill Hank right. Walt has literally killed multiple people. He even tried to kill a kid.
But no with Hank, his brother in law he doesn't even like and has never shown any love for. That's what breaks him and he starts blubbering and crying

Guys, Marie's kleptomania was a stand-in for Walt's meth business.

They did it for themselves, not because they need to.

I thought that was kind of strange how the show ended with him fighting Nazis but the writers admitting they wrote themselves into a corner by introducing the machine gun

>Gus' former contacts from Chile come to find out what happened to him
>Kill Walt's baby
>Walt goes full drug lord and hires people to kill every drug dealer and anyone he thinks might have been involved
>Ends up getting killed in the drug war he started

show slowly transitioned from dark buddy comedy with dramatic moments to an edgy dragged out mess. later seasons mostly consist of the show spinning its wheels while nothing interesting happens up until a mediocre finale.

The machine gun wasn't even the worst part of it
The machine gun would have been fine if it didn't work.
Like Walt does his stupid robot car thing, and then it breaks.

The problem with S5 is that Walt didn't suffer enough. He was never taken down hard enough.

The show's best scene was in one of the earlier seasons when Walt is in Home Depot looking for supplies and he comes across two druggie dipshits trying to do the same.
And walks up with a massive erection and is like STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORY >:( and he does that head wobble thing that Cranston always does when he's trying to be cool.
There's cool music and he drives off in his fucking Pontiac Aztec.

That's the show. That's the show there. Walt didn't do anything "epic". He just told off a bunch of drug addicts and then masturbated about how cool he was. Because Walt is a sad sad old man who didn't amount to anything in life and has a massive chip on his shoulder about it.

The problem was that S5 forgot entirely about the dynamic of scenes like that.
Walt is a loser who who is getting his jollies off pretending to be somebody.

>That's the show. That's the show there. Walt didn't do anything "epic". He just told off a bunch of drug addicts and then masturbated about how cool he was. Because Walt is a sad sad old man who didn't amount to anything in life and has a massive chip on his shoulder about it.
this

>Everyone complaining about the Nazi's like they were Bobby Ewing in the shower

Where they really that bad? The final season is more about Walt's implosion than anything else.

>The final season is more about Walt's implosion than anything else.
which they fucked up by adding nazis and not make Walt a try hard kingpin that has to deal with the big boys above Gus

Because they were nobodies
Walt never gets his comeuppance for playing with powers over his head
Instead of he gets taken down by a bunch of inbred leather lovers

They're just so incompetent that they don't care about going to jail and just murder Hank and go back to their Nazi compound with Jesse locked in the basement.

What was scary about the other "bad guys" was that they were extralegal. Their world was outside of the law. But the neo-Nazis, they were firmly rooted in the same world as the rest of us. The cops were coming for them.
That makes it so much more boring and anti-climactic

Yeah, as most other anons have said it's pretty clear what went wrong, bad writing and lame villains.

I thought that when they started to basically indicate that the nazis were gonna be that season's villain. Plus that retard who killed the kid. Am I the only person who thought that guy was an awful actor? Holy fuck.

But yeah, would have been way cooler
Imo if they went that dark it would have put the show in another league. Maybe normies wouldn't have liked it as much because they didn't get their comic book ending with evil nazis,

But having Gus's friends show up and kill everyone Walt loves would have been a fitting consequence. Dark, scary, fucked up, but a logical and realistic repercussion to his actions.

Retard nazis getting one over on Walt is not logical.

Nothing, but I would've liked to see what Vince's original plan for the season was.

The Nazis themselves were lame villains but the point was that Walt was supposed to collapse in on himself, and they were sort of the catalyst for that.

The fact that what happened to Jesse is what should have happened to Walt at the hands of Gus' contacts in Chile. If we had to see Walt watch his own son or wife or child shot in front of him while he was in a car helpless would have been the proper conclusion. His need to help his family only hurt them. The ending we got was just him losing respect in his families eyes. It's bullshit

>Maybe normies wouldn't have liked it as much because they didn't get their comic book ending
>But having Gus's friends show up and kill everyone Walt loves would have been a fitting consequence

Todd pls

Yes?

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Fuck around with the cartel and that is what happens?

Are you people fucking high? S5 was amazing

Both of your posts indicate you have zero idea of how screenwriting works.

"they represented Walt's lowpoint as he had to associate with their criminal gang to get things done in prison" which is why they were the perfect villain. He's the 'kingpin' now and these lowly fucks pretty much got the better of him. Sound familiar?

No it's not you fucking idiot. It leads DIRECTLY to Walt's downfall. Without her getting caught and the cop coming to hank for a pro bono favor, Hank never discovers the superlab/Gus/Gale/ Walt connection. Think first, post later.

But that would confirm that Walt really did become "the kingpin"
Which is shit and not how it should go
Walt should have always just been delusional about his success.

How does screenwriting work?

Wow. The misogyny is so edgy brah!
Good luck never finding a woman, you fucking fat pig woman-hating idiot.

t. woman

Way to miss the entire point. You blowhard moron.
"Season 5 should have been a total destruction of everything Walt cared about." Literally EXACTLY what happened. What a small mind you have.

A man, but a man who actually gets laid. I'm sorry your mommy was mean to you, but hating women is only going to make your shitty life worse.

I'm not even the user who posted what you replied to, relax friend

>he thinks his family surviving is a "destruction of everything he cared about"

Sorry bud, but being kicked out of his family doesn't really count for much. WE WANT BLOOD.

Sorry that women are women, i guess. Not sure why it triggers you so much, it's not something offensive or degrading. Whatever, keep baiting, bro.

nigga hank was murdered in front of him the fuck

Pretty much this. How is it not obvious?

>implying hank was enough

>G-guys the villains were perfect!! Don't listen to the vast majority of t-the p-posters who are saying the nazis were a b-bad choice

I want Toddcucks to leave

also the fact that Neo-Nazis were a bigger threat than the real cartel which honestly never really showed in the series was kind of bad writing. I mean Gus was small beans really and Salamenco was already crippled by the time the show started. I remember the chop off your head and stick you on a turtle cartel but where the hell were those guys when they suddenly started losing tens of millions of dollars?

>Hank
>who Walt personally threatened
Why did Walt suddenly give a shit about Hank when he tried to get his "son" figure killed?
Killing Jesse would be a lot harder on Walt.
But he tried to do it

In Season 4 we see Gus bring one of them down

So I guess all of Mexico only had one cartel

When you start the show you know Walt is gonna die from cancer or something else at the end, what's interesting is how much he's gonna fuck everything up on his path. And it's just his brother in law dying. Who gives a fuck? Vince has no balls. The final episode is the most normie friendly shit I've ever seen.

We had to wait a year for the second half. Just make it 6 seasons.

Contracts
They had a contract for 5 seasons
If they have more seasons, they have to pay more for the actors

Same reason why Game of Thrones is having its final season split into 2 with a year's gap

we both know that is retarded, if anything their region should've been swarmed by the power gap. I mean Walt's enforcers consisted of fucking Mike and who?

Oh yeah, I totally agree
I was being sarcastic

I was so ready for S5 to be such a fucking bloodbath as Walt gets fucking reamed hard .
S4 ended with this smug "I won" moment.
Which was so brilliant in how wrong he was.

But nah, I guess he did win. No consequence for taking down such a huge business.

Things didn't go as I wanted them to go, is not a valid criticism.

The series finally was GARBAGE:

So after Gretchen and Elliott see on the news that Walt died in a shootout how long exactly would they be afraid of the 'hitmen' before they realized that if the person who employed the 'hitmen' is dead then there's no one to pay them for the hit?

How the FUCK did Walt get in and out of Skyler's apartment with the feds watching her place 24/7? AND THE COPS KNEW HE WAS IN TOWN, TOO.

How come the robot machine gun worked with 100% precision? I could see maybe 1000 things going wrong with a setup like that?

How can Walt conveniently guess Uncle Jack's behavior that his 'pride' would make him bring Jesse out of his cage? Why would Uncle Jack give a shit? Why wouldn't he just cap him immediately? Why wouldn't his henchman just cap Walt before he even got on the property?

Lydia and Todd meet at the exact same restaurant at the exact same time that Walt and Lydia met, AFTER Walt became America's most wanted fugitive? Don't you think they'd want to change up the routine a little bit?

How did Walt just wander around Albequerque contacting Badger and skinny Pete, contacting the arms dealer guy. Why would the arms dealer guy sell arms to America's most wanted fugitive?

Ignoring 4 seasons of themes and foreshadowing is however

Yes, but "nazis were a bad choice and not a logical step from Gus" is.

as is this

Nothing it was really good. Not as good as 4 but you can't top Gus.

Name 5 of those themes, and I will explain how they were properly addressed in the final season.

>So after Gretchen and Elliott see on the news that Walt died in a shootout how long exactly would they be afraid of the 'hitmen' before they realized that if the person who employed the 'hitmen' is dead then there's no one to pay them for the hit?
They literally explained this.

I thought Walt's personality completely changed after he killed Gus

Biggest problem was that there wasn't a clear antagonist post Gus. Walt taking down some nazi bikers didn't have much impact since they were only introduced the same season. Also everyone was too angry and depressed. The show shined when it managed to mix serious drama with humor.

What's the most normie opinion?
>BrBa Season 5 is great
>Quentin Tarantino is the best director
>Christopher Nolan is the best director

>they said when they wrote the scene of Walt 1 year in the future looking at the machine gun in his car, they had no idea where they were going with that
Really felt that way. It ended up pretty well imo

Agreed. Not even in a way that can be excused as him getting ahead of himself.

Walt didn't smoke a ton of his own shit and go on a gang killing rampage

They worked thematically but dealing with Gus was the climax to Walt taking over, so naturally it was a letdown.

I FUCKED TED

the problem was that Mike kept talking about how Gus kept the stability in the region and how Walt was messing with this but in the end they fight Neo Nazis... it justs so disconnected

>hooks it up to a robot arm
>parks the car at the compound
>nazis decide to hold the meeting in the exact room next to the car, and not go upstairs or anywhere else
>also decide to bring Jesse into the meeting
>the robot arm can shoot exactly far enough to the sides to get the whole room
>as the gun is activated, a guy outside is walking in front of it
>kills everyone except the characters who have names
Yeah it worked out great, Vince is a genius

What did she mean by this?

I'd fuck Ted too if you know what I mean

I think the show has pretty good dialogue, but why is it that every line that I find terrible are the ones loved by fans?
>I fucked Ted
>I watched Jane die
>Say my name! You're god damn right!

Because they work as perfect catchphrases for the characters and normies love that shit

STICC