So I just finished Rick and Morty and I'm hurting right now. Can we have a Rick and Morty thread?

So I just finished Rick and Morty and I'm hurting right now. Can we have a Rick and Morty thread?
>no Cthulhu episode yet
>Jerry is trash

Also, is Rick training Morty to surpass him? I'm not understanding his motives.

>jerry is trash
Jerry is arguably the only non-trash character on the show

>Jerry is trash

Go to bed, Rick.

>jerry is trash
No, just the OP.

Pluto planeters go to bed.

>being this fucking late to the party

Better late than never. I'm personally glad I got the time to watch it.

Did you just ignore the thousands of threads we had over the last 2 years telling you to fucking watch it

Discussion is over. There's nothing to talk about we haven't already

So what do you think about my question then?

>Jerry is trash
You're trash.
Also as said. Nothing to discuss anymore. All of this has been discussed already.

What, about why rick keeps morty around?
Did you skip that one episode that explains this?

Rick has to keep Morty close, and keep a close eye on him, it's not just that the complementary brainwaves cancel each other out and act as intergalactic brainwave detection camouflage for Rick's supercriminal brainwaves, it's that Morty is still Rick's grandson and has those supercriminal genes in him too, everyone thinks that he takes after Jerry exclusively but it's not Jerry brainwaves that corrispond to Rick's: Morty is the anti-Rick, and that could be worse than Rick.
So Morty's a real threat to the universe if he ever gets ambitious. Luckily there's a drunken loving bastard who won't ever let that happen.

Jerry is a beta bitch, and his wife is an insufferable whore. And his dad is a literal cuck.

Pleeaaaaase, Summer is totally the real protege. Morty probably can't even SPELL protege, let alone aspire to anywhere close to Rick's genius sociopathic evil. Summer? I can totally see it, someday.

>Girl!Morty is best Morty.

Nah, user, no way, Morty's all beat down and lacking confidence, Summer once gave a pep talk to Satan, of these two who has the most under-realised potential?

Potential requires, y'know, actual potential. Morty is well established as an utter dunce whose dumb waves actively drown out genius waves.

Summer giving the devil a pep talk just shows a spark of brilliance that proves she is the heir to Rick's fucked up genius, even if it's more manifested as charisma (and later, going by her mom, sex appeal) rather than tech know-how.

>morty's an utter dunce
ok but what about that one. you know the one. the one with the thing. in the face. you know. that one

>summer as the heir to rick's fucked up throne
>"what kind of monster are you?"
>"a competent one."

maybe there's tech know-how down there somewhere too, user. i'm way more interested in summer who's friend was a secret intergalactic agent smith than anybody else

To be fair, almost all of Morty's plans and ideas backfire. He thinks with his heart and genitals instead of his brain and can be a pretty shitty person at times.
>that time he locked his son in the house and wanted to keep him shut off from the outside world forever.
>that time he wanted to brainwash a girl into liking him.
>that time he murdered all those people because he was angry.

I find Jerry annoying half the time, but I think that's mostly just his jealousy regarding his wife and his marriage problems that I find annoying. I hope they don't touch on his marriage problems in season 3 and onward, they have done everything they can with it and they need to do something else with him and and Beth. I also hope that Alien marriage counselling place is perfectly fine and it's destruction was just an elaborate holographic ruse to fix or at least patch Jerry's marriage.

Bird person should be fine since tanking 30 bullets is like getting a splinter removed in alien hospitals, apparently.

By the beginning of season 2, Morty had already become a mini-Rick. This really hurt the dynamic of the cast. Summer wasn't enough to replace Morty, since she's not a nervous fella.

>almost all of Morty's plans and ideas backfire. He thinks with his heart and genitals instead of his brain

and that's why I love this show. In a time where almost all other shows seem to embrace the "be kind with the bully/the bad guy and he'll change his mind" tone, a show where that kind of minfset is parodyed to the extreme is not onluy a breath of fresh air but also extremely entertaining.

>Jerry annoying
While Jerry IS a pretty dumb and sometimes selfish person, I just can't hate the guy.
I think that he's only frustated because everyone seems better at everything than him, and having an actual genious like Rick constantly shitting on your life doesn't really help either.

I bet that if he had someone like dumb Rick in his everyday life, a friend that makes him fel appreciated, he would be a better person.

> I also hope that Alien marriage counselling place is perfectly fine
doubt that, this is a pretty cynical show. If something can go dab, it will, and it will horrendously.

>Bird person should be fine
I doubt it for the same reason said before. Also, froma narrative standpoint, it would render his death way less powerful.
Not that the writers can't do that, but it would be pretty irritating

>Not that the writers can't do that, but it would be pretty irritating
It would also make no sense, since he'd be in the care of the people attempting to murder him.

>is Rick training Morty to surpass him

Nope, it already happened. Then Rick probably realized he created a monster, and left him in another universe.
We fucking had a full episode about it user

Everything you just said is theory, though.

Then how did Rick have child Morty memories, considering he showed up in Beth's house 6 months before the beginning of the series, after being disappeared for 20 years?
We can see that Rick spent years with a baby Morty, that isn't the same Morty from the show.
And the whole episode had an evil Morty killing off dozens of Ricks to frame THAT particular Rick, our Rick. And while controlling the "evil" Rick, he makes him say "All Morty are replaceable".
And the episode ended with Rick saying to Morty he'll explain some day, and then the camera focus on the Evil Morty.

I mean ok. nothing is actually sure, but come on
It would be harder and more forced to find another possible explanation

No, sorry, it needs to be explained in episode or confirmed by the writers. Even the most mad theories crafters claim their ideas are obvious and spelled out. We'll know when it finally happens, otherwise anyone presenting theory as fact are just spreading misinformation.

Nothing personal against you, though, I just don't like it when people present their personal theories as confirmed fact.

So who was ricks wife?

user

I have yet to find a person that watched the show more than once without coming to the same conclusion.

I mean it's all already explained, they fucking had flashbacks going on on monitors man

Do you also think Rick didn't feel something for Unity, because he never explicitly admit that?

Nope. Sorry. Millions of people think God is real. Does that mean he is real? I'm not trying to be difficult here, but we can't know for sure until the time actually comes for the plot to pay off. I see multiple people supporting the same theories and conclusions that turned out to be wrong all the time.

Guess what fucker, you've now met me.

Don't spout bullshit and claim it's fact.

>I pee my pants girl
>this sophisticated
>ever

I see so many similarities with Rick from your description tho.

Are you assuming Rick is a responsible adult scientist?

>Neglecting his daughter
>neglecting his family for taint
>that time he killed all those people

I like to think that while most episodes are with a main Rick and Morty some episodes follow a different universe just for the sake of it.

>there are people in this world who think it's cool to act like rick
Literally no better than anyone that says they're most like the joker

Are you fucking serious? He's a terrible person who only cares about how kthers make him feel and is an emotional leech who may or may not have intentionally knocked up a woman to force her to stay with him (which isnt even a guarantee in that situation and could have ruined her life). Morty is not trash, he's just a kid.

Rick is trans user. He gave birth to beth

Wait a second.
That's a fake memory!
HOW MANY ANONS ARE IN THIS THREAD

Then give us a better interpretation of the episode.

You kniw what the funny thing is?

Up until the bit about knocking up Beth, I thought you were talking about RICK.

Makes you think.

>criticizing someone for watching a cartoon on the cartoons board
>saying 'fucking' for absolutely no reason other than to be angsty and fit in

This is why I avoid Sup Forums

Then leave

Season 1:

>Rick always wins, cares about nothing but entertaining himself
>Morty is an insecure, average teenager
>Summer is stereotypical teenage girl but goes out of her way to be nice to others (namely Saran) sometimes
>Jerry is incredibly insecure, where you both sympathize with him and completely understand why his family is resentful of his actions
>Beth tries to be a good wife and mom, but at times has completely had it with Jerry's bullshit

Everything after S2E02:
>Rick has hopelessly lost control of his life, suddenly faced with an existential crisis even though it never bothered him before
>Morty is either constantly stressed out at everybody around him or having an uncharacteristically exaggerated fit of rage over something
>Summer is the same
>Jerry is more of a jackass than ever before, where that wonderful double standard of both sympathizing for and resenting him is completely gone
>Beth is an alcoholic. That's her character now

>Rick has hopelessly lost control of his life, suddenly faced with an existential crisis even though it never bothered him before

He was always that way. The man went as far to make a counter business to get Summer back from the devil and dropped it when it no longer bothered her. The only other Rick is shown to care what others say was with Unity and how people out grow him

>Morty is either constantly stressed out at everybody around him or having an uncharacteristically exaggerated fit of rage over something

The adventures in season 2 are more morally questionable than season 1. It's also implied that he's been on more adventures, which has jaded him a bit

>Jerry is more of a jackass than ever before, where that wonderful double standard of both sympathizing for and resenting him is completely gone

Jerry's always been a jack ass. He's so stubborn he couldn't admit Pluto wasn't a planet and continue to work on a highschool science fair project

>Beth is an alcoholic. That's her character now

Drinking has always been Beth's vice. If anything we get to see more of her relationship with Rick in season 2

>>Rick has hopelessly lost control of his life, suddenly faced with an existential crisis even though it never bothered him before
the show opened with him threatening to blow up the earth

seriously how can you forget ? He's always had bouts of crisis

That's what we call "plot progression".

Rick's adventures with Morty cause him to get more emotionally attached than before, causing him to realize how much of an awful person he is.

Morty's adventures with Rick make him more cynical and nihilistic, while also realizing how fragile life itself is.

Summer becomes more unnerved by Rick's adventures, though she doesn't go on as many serious trips as Morty.

Jerry lost his job, and is becoming increasingly desperate as his livelyhood falls to shit, plus midlife crisis.

Rick coming back into Beth's life, plus all the fucked up adventures, puts even more strain on Beth's marriage and mental state, worsening her alcoholism.

You're assuming that to compensate for the show not at all conveying why these characters have changed. It also goes against what roiland has said the show would be, in what the characters have gone through in the previous episode does not effect their actions in the next. Otherwise Morty would be borderline suicidal after Rick Potion #9

I don't feel like these characters are progressing. It comes off like the writers are running out of new things to do with them. Or Justin blew his ideas load all on season one. I don't really care that they've changed as people because it doesn't strengthen my emotional connection with the show, nor does it make the show inherently better just because it's changed.

Rick was much better with ridiculous plot armor and not giving a care about anything or anyone: "To me this is all a bit like when Bugs Bunny fucks with the opera singer for 20 minutes"

>Otherwise Morty would be borderline suicidal after Rick Potion #9

I disagree, and he does change. at the end of Ricksty minutes he gives a speech to Summer that instead of carrying the weight of all that death, the experience showed him that nothing really matters and he started to feel the same galactic narcissism Rick feels.

When he gives that speech, yes. We're told that he's changed, but after that moment his actions are the same as before. His differences with Rick are as great as they've always been.

I only did watch rick and Morty once, so forgive my lack of examples, but what about the "First race war?" comment he casually delivers to Summer? Im sure there are others,but I always felt like Morty is growing wiser and more cynical, but with still a heart of gold.

Summer on the other hand still felt the need to preach to stop the race war, but to morty, it didnt matter, none of this matters. This is all inline with the general philosophy the show has, the universe is so infinite that nothing matter. Not you, or even your whole world. But on the flip side, you can screw up enough to cause any real harm.

Are you forgetting the episode where evil morty killed several ricks and almost killed main rick? Or how at the end of the episode, rick tells morty that an overconfident morty can be serious trouble for everyone?