Power Man and Iron Fist Storytime (Part 8)

Featuring Daredevil!

>Featuring Daredevil!

>And not featuring that little girl Luke and Danny kidnapped out of the vast Hulk Wastes of Marvel America like two issues ago.

This is apparently well into Frank Miller's Daredevil run. I vaguely remember these two appearing there, but I don't remember the particular issue.

Yeah, that little girl only appears in that one issue. She has never appeared since in the decades since. Maybe they brought her to an adoption agency?

I remember Matt jumping down an elevator shaft to avoid them.

I don't. Fuck it, we're reading that next.

>Russian agent kicks blind man in the neck

Yeah, even going by trades I should've done that Daredevil story first.

And here we have the return of Luke "Hulk" Cage in the last panel.

>Mar-Vell in a Twinkies ad

Seriously, oldfags. Was Mar-Vell anywhere near big enough in his day that anyone thought they could sell products with him?

>"Again, El Aguila"

Well, we're doing Daredevil first.

Sorry for the silence for a while. It took a bit to find my external hard drive.

Peter, that's a dumb plan and you know it.

Fleas drink blood, why would they be interesting in Twinkees?

Honestly, his plan is "Help heroes, get pussy". How to actually help the heroes isn't in his head.

Ingrown toenails aren't an insignificant thing, Matt.
I had one so bad it started to go gangrenous once.

Because Twinkees, user. Don't you get how these ads work? Reality hinges around them. Villains will stop a bank robbery just to eat them.

>"So I paid these guys to try and kill you. If they failed, you want to get paid to kill for me instead?"

Serious question. Are there many Writer/Artists who worked in the Big Two? Between Frank Miller, Jack Kirby, and Jim Starlin, they seem to be some of my favorite comics.

I don't know what jokes I like better, "Blind Daredevil" or "Matt dicks with people, knowing they just think he's blind".

Not a lot, I associate that more with indie stuff.

>"We've got him outnumbered!"
>Hero smirks
>"Nevermind, let's go!"

I'd say most of them especially if they have a long tenure
Jim Lee is another big name

>Foggy straight up steals their pizza

Basically everyone who helped found Image counts, by design, don't they?

Because Frank Miller has no idea who Shang-Chi is.

There's also Walt Simonson, Dan Jurgens. Keith Giffen. John Byrne. Alan Davis.

Given that my entire legal knowledge is from the Phoenix Wright series, I feel like Jeryn calling the two "thugs" could easily be turned in him.

Well I'll be damned. was right, Matt really did straight up jump down an elevator shaft to get away from the two of them.

Big 2 really favor the assembly line, but you're right usually a creative team of one person put out some great comics

Walt Simonson did Thor and Fantastic Four
John Byrne did Fantastic Four, Alpha Flight, Hulk, She Hulk, and Superman
Barry Windsor Smith did Weapon X
Joe Kubert did Sgt Rock
Tim Truman did Hawkworld
Mike Grell had Green Arrow and Warlord

Only Larsen and McFarlane were writing and drawing at Marvel. Lee, Silvestri, and Liefeld all had co plotters until they went to Image.

How many wives have Nelson and Murdoch been through?

Chaykin did some writer/artist stuff for big 2 iirc

And once again, Danny and Luke play Good Cop Angry Cop.

He did a 3 issue Blackhawk mini

I'm looking forward to doing a Mar-Vell and Adam Warlock storytime after I finish with the Heroes or Hire, if only because I really love Starlin.

Warlock and Death of Captain Marvel are both great. I didn't care much for the main Marvel stuff

Didn't he have some Marvel like Nick Fury rip off?

Matt's only been married once, to Milla Donovan, the blind woman from Bendis's run. Their marriage was annuled in Brubaker's run, after one of his villains basically drove her insane and she had to go to a mental institution, and then Matt cheated on her with Dakota North.

that issue with the clown planet is still the most brutal shit i've read in a comic

He did a Wolverine and Nick Fury team up with Archie Goofwin

I genuinely enjoyed Starlin's Captain Marvel run, even if it was only one arc, and the first half was kind of crap.

The weirdest thing was learning there was zero fallout after it was published.

I love how Roy Thomas, literally the only one who was made to look pretty good in that issue, ended up asking Starlin not to do that again.

Dan Jurgens did Booster Gold, and years worth of Superman.

The psychic battle between Thanos and Drax early on is a really interesting sequence

You can really tell he was inspired by Ditko in that scene.

I forgot to mention him same with Giffen

I've never read Jurgens' Superman, but what I've read of his Boost Gold was good

Also forgot Simonson did Orion

Shit like this is why I could never be a supervillain. I'd never be able to sit in a pitch black room for ages. I'd get bored, maybe fall asleep.

And while we're on a Daredevil trip, let's do one more. Featuring the Purple Man, before Bendis made him Marvel's Doctor Light.

Oh hey, we've even still got Frank Miller on writing.

I don't know which bit I like better. Peter apologizing for his snarking, or the two of them arguing because he doesn't know Shakespeare.

Neil Adams
Ditko
Tony Daniel
Lee Bermejo
Perez
Amanda Conner
Manapul
Gleason
Dave Gibbons
trying to get more

I still feel bad for Thomas for how hard Kirby went at him in New Gods

Sounds interesting.
My first exposure to Purple Man, IIRC, was actually through Kara Killgrave which was a significantly less monstrous portrayal.

But it's late and my bed demands my presence.

Will catch up, comment if possible, tomorrow.
G'night Power Fist user,

They even did it in house ads.

>I still feel bad for Thomas for how hard Kirby went at him in New Gods
I don't recall him going any harder than he did with Stan Lee. Granted, Lee did actively screw with him, while Thomas was just in charge at the time.

Good night, user!

And of course I forget the picture.

>Falls out from a tree next to Purple Man

I think that ad was even included with that Daredevil issue.
Mine was a digital issue, so I didn't have any ads with it.

>I still feel bad for Thomas for how hard Kirby went at him in New Gods

There a level of bitterness in Kirby that makes me hesitant to fully support the Kirby Kult's hatred of Stan Lee. Lee may have reaped the lion's share of the rewards for much less work, but I also kinda feel that without Lee, Kirby probably would have ended up an anonymous advertising artist in the 50s, like what happened with a lot of the other Golden Age guys.

Daredevil, this crap is what happens when you don't bother mentioning what his powers are.

I think what the user means is that, while Stan Lee actually did some shit to Kirby, Roy Thomas, comparatively, had nothing to do with him.

And here's the Luke version. Yes, these were done by Sienkiewicz.

Fun fact: Purple Girls powers stop working on people when they get wet. She found this out in her first appearance, when she mind controlled Northstar to fly her to a tropical island so she could ogle him in a swimsuit and presumably make him guilty of statutory rape.

That crossover was apparently a big enough deal that it got its own ad.

Gotta love how angry Fisk gets when he finds out Killgrave just wanted to do have a comfortable rest of his life without attracting capes, considering he retired as well before Miller, and even Miller started Fisk's arc by having him come out of retirement.

>Fisk was able to resist the Purple Man's powers

Nobody ever brings this up in Doomwank threads. Doom could've been lying about removing the protective powers. Fisk had no such defenses, he resisted Killgrave's powers through sheer force of will.

little of both. I think in the context of Kirby's work it comes off as worse for a person to be a Yes-man. So his shots at Roy seem meaner than the stuff at Stan even when Stan is obviously who he's going after.

>Roy Thomas, comparatively, had nothing to do with him.

Yeah, I was just saying that was symptomatic of his bitter initial break with Marvel, and that the blind hatred that some people have for Stan Lee, hatred on behalf of Kirby, is a bit obnoxiously overblown a lot of the time.

And FINALLY the duo we're here for showed up.

And we've even got Moon Knight.

>Debbie Whitman

Didn't she eventually go nuts later on?