/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Trust me Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 2
The Force Awakens (Comic Adaptation) #1
Epic Collection: The Rebellion: Volume 1 (Star Wars Legends)

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

saberparts.com/#/configure
mega.co.nz/#!PlZBSCKA!DNoUQG-jmC-tY2s91YVoXWUn6zzjjYB7rL3u4C-J6FM
youtube.com/watch?v=e1j7zc31CcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does this constitute a full house?

did they fuck

We postin' laser dicks?

I'm postin laser dicks, so sure

This one isn't mine but I dig it

yes

trust me, I know

Alrighty then.

Whip 'em out, boys.

>Zombie Yarael Poof
Anakin didn't even kill him.

anakin didn't personally kill any of the high council

He didn't kill any of those guys. Even with Mace it was an assist and not a direct kill. This is just a general "you helped kill the Jedi Order" image.

Nothin too fancy

Looks like they changed the standard designs a bit.

I guess, but didn't Anakin see him like a grand total of one time before he died of looks too much like other aliens disease?

My new shipfu

I know all I need to know about it, except whether or not it has a Hyperdrive (I'm going to assume it does)

Imagine stripping the seats etc. out of that Troop/Cargo area and using it as a comfy small bedroom during long trips, what more could a space bachelor ask for

It's alright. At the very least it's a new fighter instead of just X-Wings again, though.

Excuse the ignorance.
Where are you guys making lightsabers?
I wanna make one.

saberparts.com/#/configure

Be warned, it's a little addictive

saberparts.com, that's where most of us go anyway.

>tfw you know you'd probably be a shit Jedi

Why are the prongs coming out the front so very long? Looks a bit silly.

I dunno man, I thought they looked silly at first too but something about it is just growing on me

It's a forklift ship, they just called it a U-Wing and made up a bunch of crap about it being a starfighter to make Dougie from the cargo division feel better about being relegated to a shit job

why did they just add x-wing engines to it

Always with you, it cannot be done.

Every post ITT with your OC creation lightsaber is a wasted post. Post that shit on /tg/, not here.

They when to all that effort only to ruin him again with edgy bullshit.

Complete with an authentic(tm) saberanon dick rating!

Thanks. Fuck, you were right.
Still not sure if I'm happy with it.
Thoughts?

Change the pommel or the handle, it looks too much like a dildo.

Never my mind on where I am
what I'm doing

>Tfw Grievous would step on you so hard your body would disappear

Thoughts?

Shit, now I can't unsee that. Better?
I dig it. I like the "clean and shiny" look it has.

Oh yeah Grievous would fuck my shit up no question

I originally envisioned this saber being used by someone particularly tall, probably an alien of some sort. Long legs, aggressive fighting style.

Good start, don't worry, you'll find your lightsaber eventually. I've gone through six so far.

Minimalist, good lines, has a "sharp" look to it

Damn not bad at all, I'd use that in a heartbeat Hi Sheev

Hm, still seems a bit cylindrical. Maybe change the emitter?

Why wouldn't they use a proven-effective style of engine? If it ain't broke don't fix it. It's obviously got a Y-wing/snowspeeder style cockpit too. Common design elements among Rebel craft is something you would expect.

So how do I port my saber design to the store?
I doubt I'd actually buy one anytime soon, but I'd like to see how much it'd cost.

This one is a legit 10/10

There's basically no reason to have this thread anymore.

It was great until this faggot showed up.

It definitely got out of hand

Enough with the sabers

bumping this

>It was great until this faggot showed up.
And I'm assuming you're a tripfag because your post is filtered.

Aren't you a keen observer

It's a lazy design philosophy. None of the rebel ships in the OT share so many elements with each other. They're cannibalizing themselves instead of thinking of new shapes.

>Common design elements among Rebel craft is something you would expect.

Honestly, common design elements among IMPERIAL craft is something you would expect. Rebels are a bunch of disparate elements brought together, their ships would be wide and varied.

There are many in-universe possibilities to justify the common elements, but it's not exactly high-brow.

>There are many in-universe possibilities to justify the common elements, but it's not exactly high-brow.

I definitely agree, but I get why they're doing it this way. We're still in the unfortunate "don't confuse casual audiences" period.

Maybe I'm just OK with that. I didn't mind them re-using X-wings in TFA either because they were clearly an updated model and for me the tech details matter just as much as the look of the ship because I'm autistic as fuck about aircraft of any kind

For example did you know that the new First Order TIEs actually have shields and hyperdrives? At least the 2-seated variant Finn and Poe stole did. To me that's awesome, but it doesn't make a single difference to the movie or most viewers so it's lost in a guidebook for people like me to chew over.

It may be uninspired but I'm easy to please

>It may be uninspired but I'm easy to please

We all have our own nerd kinks, man. Whatever makes you happy.

Thank you for understanding, I get a lot of shit for it usually

>Maybe I'm just OK with that. I didn't mind them re-using X-wings in TFA either because they were clearly an updated model and for me the tech details matter just as much as the look of the ship
I would've preferred that they be a little different from X-Wings, something that clearly evokes it and is definitely a descendant of it but not just an X-Wing with a few tweaks (sort of like the Z-95 Headhunter only in the opposite direction).

The bigger problem to me was that the Resistance had nothing but X-Wings and the First Order had nothing but regular TIE Fighters. Even ANH was able to give both sides at least one other starfighter (even if the only other TIE was Vader's). It just felt lazy.

Well at least A-Wings are semi-confirmed for Ep 8

Totally agree though. At the very least, if the First Order had to be only using one TIE variant, why not just keep the interceptor? That was intended to phase out the original TIE anyway. That bothered me.

Headhunters are fucking sweet too, they could have made that work. Casual audiences don't know about them and they still LOOK like X-wings.

As for why each faction was only using one kind of fighter, well, in the case of the Resistance they didn't really have the funding for more than like 2 squadrons so I guess the X-wing makes the most sense if you can only operate one kind of fighter, since it's a "multi-role" thing. Kind of like the modern JSF program where it's one platform for all missions.

The First Order has no excuse though, they need to step up their game.

I'm an engineer myself, and I'm qualified to make up any shit I want to justify whatever's on screen (to be signed off on by a senior engineer), but these new designs really didn't get my motor running.

>I didn't mind them re-using X-wings in TFA

I did. There was a reason those concepts weren't used. The new intakes ruin the lines of the ship in attack mode and makes me flash back to my thermodynamics classes about why they're impractical.

>but they aren't really intakes

They still look like intakes!

>For example did you know that the new First Order TIEs actually have shields and hyperdrives? At least the 2-seated variant Finn and Poe stole did.

All of them do. The TIE/SF is a lovely piece of hardware still.

It honestly makes the First Order look more incompetent, because they fixed most of the problems the Empire had and they STILL fail harder than they did.

>one officer can turn off the entire shield grid
>three guys can take down the entire shield grid
>thirty ships blow up a planet-sized base
>EVEN THOUGH THEY UNLEASHED THE FIGHTERS THIS TIME

That was so dumb. The original Death Star assault was a defeat because of Imperial arrogance, the Starkiller assault succeeded because of writer fiat.

What do you think of these?

Concept art of potential Resistance ships for TFA that were ultimately scrapped in favor of just the new-model X-Wings

>That was so dumb. The original Death Star assault was a defeat because of Imperial arrogance, the Starkiller assault succeeded because of writer fiat.
What makes all of this absolute incompetence even funnier is that Starkiller Base had to have been so massively expensive that for whatever money and resources it cost them to not only partially hollow out a planet and implement a weapon that literally eats suns, they could've just built like three Death Stars, each guarded by multiple shields and entire fleets. Would it have been overkill? Definitely, but it would've STILL been a better use of resources than Starkiller Base.

>>one officer can turn off the entire shield grid
That really was dumb, you'd think that it would have to have at least three or something. One person having all that vital information and them being so noticeable/easy to reach is just a mistake.

If Phasma was such a loyal soldier why didn't she just kill herself to keep the codes secret?

And here's the X-wing they ultimately went with with the weird intakes like you said

They're barely even intakes, they're like some kinda half-turbine thing that doesn't even make sense

The underslung cannon was cool but then we never see it again except Poe using it on the ground too

I like the X-wing, though it needs a couple more design passes to be movie worthy.

The rest are generic shit.

>one officer can turn off the entire shield grid
I never understood why this would even be a thing. If Phasma turned off the shields, shouldn't one of the dozens, possibly hundreds of people watching shit on their various consoles have said "oh hey, someone turned the shield off, maybe we should turn it back on?"

With a little refinement, the C-Wing has potential. The others are a little too out there.

The First Order is staffed by idiots who idolized the Empire, tried to become Empire 2.0, and made not only the same exact mistakes but a whole lot of new ones.

Even the Separatists were a less laughable evil villain organization than these guys and they had comedy droids as their main footsoldiers.

Lego.Star.Wars.The.Freemaker.Adventures.S01E05.720p.HDTV.x264-W4F

mega.co.nz/#!PlZBSCKA!DNoUQG-jmC-tY2s91YVoXWUn6zzjjYB7rL3u4C-J6FM

>The First Order is staffed by idiots who idolized the Empire, tried to become Empire 2.0, and made not only the same exact mistakes but a whole lot of new ones.
TFA's setting in general seems to be "Not a single fucking person learned a damned thing about anything"

My nerra

I actually really like this concept art. It looks powerful, like a muscle car.

In movie, less so. They should have kept the turbine being large enough to rise above the cockpit.

>that U, E, and C wing
I dig, but the real E-Wing will always be better

And that's what I like about it. It's the generation after the Great War trying to figure themselves out in the shadow of their mothers and fathers.

It's why I like the idea that Luke's Academy collapsed, everything isn't just going to work out perfectly. Your forefathers aren't going to have all the answers, no matter how much Hux wants to jerk off over how big his Imperial laser cock is and how it's even more Empire-y then the Empire. Legacy isn't everything.

I'm not saying JJ didn't make some mistakes but I REALLY like the new universe and characters we got. Now maybe just get someone in with a stronger hand on screenwriting.

Did anything good come out of the Galactic Civil War that was long-lasting? Or did everything in the Galaxy turn to Hell in a handbasket in 15-20 years and limped along until it was finally put out of it's misery?

>but I REALLY like the new universe and characters we got
I like some of the new characters, but the setting is garbage to me. It feels like they went out of their way to make everything match the OT as much as they could. There's no originality and even the mindset that led to these things happening feels like a complete afterthought. They just went "let's have another Empire and another Rebel Alliance and the Jedi are gone, we'll worry about why it happened later."

well people aren't being worked to death in the mines to build a giant death station

that's a plus

>It's why I like the idea that Luke's Academy collapsed, everything isn't just going to work out perfectly. Your forefathers aren't going to have all the answers, no matter how much Hux wants to jerk off over how big his Imperial laser cock is and how it's even more Empire-y then the Empire. Legacy isn't everything.
See, I could buy one or two things not working out, that's expected. But with TFA it felt like nothing from ROTJ worked out. Every major victory was reversed. The only one that seems to have stuck is the defeat of the Sith, but we don't know enough about Snoke and the Knights of Ren to tell if there's even a significant enough difference between them. Either way we're right back to a dark side bogeyman controlling a vast military regime alongside his right-hand man who was once a Jedi.

I agree, even taking into account the fact that new media being released is being heavily curated by the Story Group, they haven't done anything interesting with the setting.

Poe Dameron's comic is the only really good addition, honestly.

Oh, that and the Crimson Corsair story.

Remember that Star Wars existed? Go out and buy our toys, that's all this franchise is good for.

youtube.com/watch?v=e1j7zc31CcY

Oh, and Bloodlines.

Maybe I should tally the entire line in my head before I post...

Shit that is kinda sexy

I'd have bought that as an evolution of the X-Wing

love those down-swept wings of the (now non-canon) V-Wing airspeeder from Rogue Squadron

When is Aftermath Life Debt coming out?

Fuck, that was good.

But fuck him for taking a shot at the EU.

>the Starkiller assault succeeded because of writer fiat.
Welcome to the mind of JJ

>they had comedy droids as their main footsoldiers.
I wonder if there ever was a Battle Droid who took up being a comedian as work after the war.

Did Carrie really write a book about how she regretted being in Star Wars.

Awesome, thanks user!