I can't watch this show it has nothing to do with Legion. What is the appeal?

I can't watch this show it has nothing to do with Legion. What is the appeal?

>giving a shit about 90's comics

Legion wasn't only written in the '90's. Also, so what? This show is about Legion and it has nothing to do with the character.

>know what legion is
Fuck off Sup Forums

Think of it as an else worlds or a better adaptation than the source material, It could have been so much worse.

It can't get much worse than it already is

So if it were called "X" you'd be able to watch it?

I personally loved it. The soundtrack is godlike throughout the series, plus this is a show that would be hella fun to watch on acid.

The appeal is that it's a very well-made show that doesn't rely on the same style as all other modern capeshit. I like it.

Maybe arrow or supergirl would be more your speed

Daredevil is a well made show that doesn't rely on the same style as other capeshit but it's still faithful to the source material. This however is just using Marvel for the sake of branding.

It's hip and psychedelic so the novelty appeals to normalfags. The show is really terrible though don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

That's a smart move. Since the branding help with exposure and not using the source material helps it with not being shit.

Nah CW is trash.
Yeah I can't stand the random psychotic mental ward shit. If it at least tried to be capeshit I could enjoy some xmen tie ins and turn my brain off but I can't even do that. It just takes itself too damn seriously.

It's just low-brow stuff for the masses to feel intelligent watching. Logan used a similar tactic and as a result it was way worse than the previous Wolverine movie.

I actually enjoyed Logan. It was more about emotions than feeding the audience's ego. Which is fine. That's what comics do well.

go watch your dozen other capeshit series. this, at least surpassed that category

Why do you think that user? Can you politely explain your reasoning?

It was too cheap and tried way too hard to be mature and gritty. Kept reminding us it's an R rated movie, and honestly it was quite an unemotional story, everything with loli wolverine was very fake and Logan's death was very much a checkbox 'emotional moment' no pathos whatsoever

go suck your shitty daredevil with that cringey stairway fight scene stolen from oldboy

The first 2 seasons of Arrow and first season of the Flash are miles ahead of Legion.

Only a pleb would disagree, better cinematography, better characters, better special effects,acting. Not only that but they have actual character progression and are unconcerned with their street cred.

I agree. Also I found it hard to care about the girl or the other mutant kids. They killed off all the important characters that everyone has grown more connected to and cared about off screen! And it just tainted all the other x men movies for me. Like I get they wanted the movie to be dark and gritty movie. But killing off all the x men and having it done by prof x was just way too much of a bummer. Like every other movie based before this doesn't matter cause in the end they all get killed and prof x mansion to protect mutants gets destroyed by his hands, and in the end, Stryker basically wins. I prefer to look at the movie as a complete standalone film and not connected to the other x men movies.

for a child maybe.... I liked cartoons as a kid, but watching live actions from them, and as adult head, its cringe category. Even if media told you that geek culture is nothing to be ashamed of. They just want your money, ofc they tell that.

first of all, no costumes
then there is that it's more like a psychothriller, looking into the mind of a looney
then there are the cinematographic solutions to make this, with unique awesome gimmicks (aspect ratio chanes, silence, bollywood)

etc

>Sup Forums pussies literally cry about everything

>It's better than most capeshit guys!
This meme didn't work with Logan and it sure as hell doesn't work with Legion. Capeshit is capeshit plain and simple.

I would never say anything on CW is high art just that both of those shows are far superior to Legion, which was very sloppily conceived to be flavor of the month stuff for normalfags, it lacks an identity y'know?

Yeah Logan was total intellectual counterfeit i was surprised how many people were fooled into thinking it was good, it just goes to show that the masses can only understand 'art' when they are told what they are watching is art.

>Ashamed of the media you consume
Get your head out of your ass.

i hated logan though

My post implied that both were shit

It's a great show and if you're too autistic to enjoy it maybe stick to your picture books, mmmkay?

this. legion is a fucking terrible superhero and this show was alright.

I wasn't really into Arrow, but The Flash surprised me. Best CW show since Angel IMO.

I loved the whole visual style that relied little on special effects and instead on practical effects, lighting, sets, camera framing and tricks, etc, and how they told the story from the viewpoint of someone confused, dropping the little visual hints here and there of what's hidden under the surface or of what's to come. The cast was pretty good too.

Its quirkyness can turn people off but oddly i liked it used here