So who or what did you think this guy was before the reveal?

So who or what did you think this guy was before the reveal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KRcnvyr_D8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A good character

Disappointment

But even still I am way more angry over how they booked my boy Unalaq over how they booked Amon

Unalaq deserved to be treated better. If LoK went full on adult I can imagine Unalaq being the Catholic Priest from Hellsing Ultimate

>Crusades user? Must thy get an erection now in the face of god?

Steve Blum.

Tom from Toonami

Behind this mask...is another mask pretty cool huh?

Unalaq sucked knob, just like every other boring ass politically powered villain. The fact you like him tells me you are boring.

I wanted to think he was a spirit inhabiting a human body or something of that nature.

His daughter, however, was GOAT as fuck.

one popular theory was that Amon was Koh.

people really wanted that one-off spirit character to be relevant again.

Go be a cock loving homo fag lord somewhere else

>Liking Esna and Desna

Now I absolutely no your opinion is shit if all you can must is to think with your penis

Actually I like her because she's like Inuit Wednesday Adams, whom I was never attracted to but felt a kindred with since a young age.
I'm sorry your such an accountant and relate to boring assholes.

You're literally a faggot just letting you know this right now and your opinions are only worthy of only one (you)

Esna and Desna were better characters to follow than "Muh Daddy Issues :,( It's So Hard Being Rich I Guess..."

Just some random guy who was playing mind games with benders and making them unable to bend via psychology. I figured he was going to be the Big Bad of however many seasons to come.

The reveal about who he was would have been 10x cooler if it had taken 4 seasons instead of 1.

>Not relating to non benders

BENDER NORMIES GET OUT REEEEE

Only me eh?
Lol yup.
>This fucking butthurt because people point out his shit tier husbando sucks and never did anything interesting directly
Also your waifu only existed to fill a corner in an obligatory love triangle. And it was a lame and predictable one at that.

A false avatar.

Think Dagoth Ur. He was blessed with this greater knowledge but had a twisted view of it.

Literally begging you to have sex with a real woman faggot

Bruh you literally described Unalaq

He's basically the reverse Avatar. They really should have done more with Vaatu because for what he is he's just a giant mook for Korra to curb stomp

You should have made Vaatu regress back to his basic form and take over Mako and then have him corrupt Mako

What do you want? An apology for hurting your feelings by saying he's a boring character who did boring things? Let me guess, you hated Varrick for being a cocky prat, didn't you?

No I hated Varrick because he's a literal fucking walking meme and a ripoff of Tony Stark in every way

They could have done something great had Varrick faking stupidity like a façade because he realizes normal people with below average intelligence can only communicate if everything is dumbed ALL THE WAY DOWN

The real Moriarty of the Avatar world and what did we get instead

A fucking manchild with an assistant who does all the real work

Where they get this idea? Pretty sure Koh couldn't take one's bending away.

The "Lost Avatar". Because Aang briefly "died" at the end of Book 2, the cycle was in motion to continue, but Katara healing Aang interrupted the process and Aang was restored before the cycle fully started. This result in Amon being born with a portion of the Avatar spirit, causing him distress on an existential level. It was also the reason he was able to do what so obviously energy-bending before the "lol nope, it's just blood bending combined with chi blocking that shits all over Ty Lee's pert little ass". In the end, Korra would have pacified Amon's spirit and allowed him to finally move onto the next world in peace.

And that would have been the end because fuck Dark Avatars, edgy anarchists, and dyke-haired militants.

Knew it, you hate him because of the same reason people on the show hate him, they don't understand true genius. Btw I also relate to that magnificent bastard.
Reactions like this are why I keeping coming back to Sup Forums. Like I don't even have to try, I revved up the perpetual trolltion machine. Your doing all the work.

Nobody. As in he was legitimately a guy who did get scarred by Firebending and that would have been revealed at the end to set up for a sick ass confrontation in Season 2 where Korra had to deal with not only her villain being in the right possibly, but perhaps looking at bending and the history of the Avatar in a new, modern perspective maybe beyond the traditions of the Four Nations.

But nah, just make him a bloodbending crybaby instead who faked it cause "bending hurts muh feelings :,( lets an hero now bro" because thats the villain you want to end on with your one season miniseries thing... whatever (Fucking Nick dropped the ball on that scheduling shit, I'm still mad. Fuck.)

I would've liked it if he were an avatar (in the traditional sense of the word, not THE Avatar) of Vaatu, sensing things were changing in the Material World, and trying to bring about imbalance to free Vaatu himself. This would've led into Season 2 more naturally. I would've also liked for them to dump the Pro-Bending story thread completely
It might have also reinforced the theme of "change" as it appears throughout the series.

I'm pretty cool with this premise.

I thought he was going to be a legitimate new sort of "Avatar" for lack of a better term. A new balancing force brought by the Spirit World that could nullify bending just as the Avatar could master all forms of it.

That could have worked, though it seems unlikely given the Avatar is meant to be the great axis that keeps everything balanced. Still wish they had made it that Wang was just a man whose harmony with spirits and humanity became a transcendent being that would continue to maintain this harmony whenever one or both worlds needed, not this Christ/Anti-Christ shit season 2 of Korra went with.

here is a fan comic based on that theory

I hate that stupid ass comic.

As do I but the implied epic showdown between Koh and Wan Shi Tong is a cool idea by itself
As is the whole chakra thing being how Amon took bending away

In fact I wished the whole chakra/spirit stuff was expanded upon in LOK Book 3 we see bits and pieces but Korra being Korra is too retarded to care when people talk about anything related to the spiritual side of being the Avatar

Aang, somehow.

At least it's not THAT comic.

You know the one.

Either a reveal that's actually interesting or none at all.

>Unalaq

He was just Tarlok 2.0 but not half as interesting. At least Tarlok could say he was legitimately trying to look out for the city and stop Amon, despite being as facist asshole. Unalaq doesn't even have that amount of depth. He was evil simply because he was evil, and that was about as much thought as the writers put into it.

>Varrick

Varrick actually almost was a "feigning stupidity" character in season 2. To be honest, I never liked him until they his reveal as a villain who had been playing everyone. The smug smile he gives Mako when only the two of them know he engineered the takeover of Asami's company but he couldn't prove it was magnificent. One of the highlights of season 2 really.

And he made for a pretty affable villain, he was funny, friendly, quirky... And he engineered a civil war, an illegal corporate takeover, and the kidnapping of a president all to line his own pockets.

But then come the end of the season (and season 4 especially) and he's suddenly a hero because he grew a conscience off-screen. Total waste of a character. Almost as bad as what they did to Amon.

>Amon

Dude was awesome as fuck. Felt like a real legit threat, AND he made great points. Regular people were being actually victimized and oppressed by benders, and some of them really didn't deserve to have their powers (looking at you mob boss guy from the first few episodes).

I assumed that he was telling the truth and the spirits actually did give him the power to remove people's bending, as some of them didn't like the way the Avatar was going about her job, and didn't like the direction of the world.

The scene where Amon shrugs off Tarlock's bloodbending - right after Tarlock had managed to subdue Korra and prove himself to be a tough villain in his own right - is my favorite moment in the entire series. youtube.com/watch?v=7KRcnvyr_D8

I thought he was a "non-bending Avatar" if that makes sense. Like, the spirits realized that the Avatar brings balance between the four elements, but neglects the imbalance the world had towards non-benders. So Amon was sent to balance that shit out and make non-benders as powerful as benders.

Asami with a voice modulator.

This was my favourite Amon theory back in the day.

I would have preferred this to what we got.

Amon would have needed to be a fair bit older, however- but not really a storytelling issue.

They could have been really inovative, and made the evil looking conservative villain actually a good guy at the end.

Sure there´s summer here

I'm more bothered that they brought Toph back but not Azula as a shittalking granny.

while i did think he was just a random guy being burned by a firebender, i thought the burns were so extreme he became a steampunk-ish cyborg, and this is why he was able to resist bloodbending.

Before we knew his resistance to bloodblending, i decided to not imagine anything because there were just too many possibilities

Some kind of spirit bender.

There was a theory for a while that he was some kind of dark Avatar. Sup Forums was a season early on that one.

Isn't she dead?

a spirit bender
but no
they never delivered

Asami as a fighter would've been a lot more impressive if every bending character wasn't also always punching and kicking.

That would've been even worse, mate. Look at how they handled S2. They went full midichlorians on us.

A non-bender

/thread

I thought he was Aang, or his bastard child or something. If Aang, lost his bending (and the avatar spirit) at the time Korra was born, went crazy/evil because of that/over that.

Before the flashbacks, I thought he was Sokka.

Fuck, this sounds like a good plottwist

Which, remarkably, manages to be more retarded than what we got

I correctly guessed he was Tarlok's brother and Yakone's son because it was sufficiently well foreshadowed. Too bad the whole finale was hammy as shit, but on paper at least who he was was pretty good.

Much better than the majority of Sup Forums theories at the time, which ranged from "he's actually a steampunk cyborg" to "Koh Theory Guy".

>Unalaq
>Deserved better

He was Tarrlok except not morally grey, just mustache-twirling evil. He fucking sucked.

The nonbenders were mostly terrible characters, especially the out-of-focus cardboard cutout in your pic.

Except Varric I guess.

that would have been more interesting.

his voice was generic also.

As a spiritual leader in an industrialised world he could have been interesting. So i guess it's true that he deserved better since he could have been amazing under a different writing team.

I guess, but of all the villains he'd need a much bigger rewrite to be good. Book 1, 3 and 4's villains were almost really good with only relatively small issues fucking them up.

Unalaq would basically have to be rewritten from the ground up.

Yeah he wouldn't be very much like in the show, but then again, he wasn't really written as the concept of him.

Also i personally think he was better than Kuvira since he atleast felt like a credible threat even if he was absurd in many ways.

How was Kuvira not only not a credible threat but also not completely right?

They had to make her commit pointless atrocities so the heroes could pretend to have the moral high ground when they beat her up.

I had subscribed to the theory that his backstory was true and wasnt a misdirection. He did get mangled by benders, and then he learned spirit bending from some spirit that had a beef with humanity or the Avatar. Its simple, its direct, it instills a moral grey for bending that a wet behind the ears dunce like Korra would struggle with

Sokka

I even developed a whole story to explain that in my head, about how he eventually grew tired of benders and faked his own death, he used science to discover how to manipulate the spiritual energies and found out that he could manipulate bending itself.

I dunno, it would need more than 1 season to be well developed

Completely normal metal bender vs fully realised Avatar, there's no way Kuvira could stand up to Korra. In fact i doubt they would even need Korra to fight her since any number of other masters should be able to take down Kuvira.

As for her being right, i just happen to disagree. Either way her political views have nothing to do with being a credible threat.

A crippled fully realized avatar versus a super elite metalbender with a spirit cannon and an army. There's a million ways she could have fought Korra.

She didn't have a spirit cannon for most of the season, didn't have a mech either. Her army was there but that couldn't do anything to Korra once Korra got over her problem, which we all knew she was going to. Korra being crippled doesn't matter in the long run when she is going to get over it.

Also Kuvira was only a master metal bender, trained by Zuyin who isn't that good according to Toph. Kuvira even managed to show us that she isn't a threat to Korra when she challenged her outsode Zaofu and got destroyed in a single blow from the avatar state while Korra was still crippled. There was no credible way for Kuvira to challenge Korra hence why they had to bring out the absurd Mech in an attempt to even the field, and it still failed since most viewers assumed Korra would solo the mech or have her team of people ruin it in any number of ways.

>A crippled fully realized avatar versus a super elite metalbender with a spirit cannon and an army. There's a million ways she could have fought Korra.

She wasn't crippled anymore. And Kuvria's army was easily taken out by the EMP. Plus the spirit cannon was nothing once you got inside and "took out the head."

>it instills a moral grey for bending that a wet behind the ears dunce like Korra would struggle with
>and then he learned spirit bending from some spirit that had a beef with humanity or the Avatar

That's not morally grey. And the writing never had the "good guys" question or stand up to the opposing side regardless of the argument. It would need to have different people writing it, not a different premise or weight to it.

It was so stupid of them to kill off Tarrlok. I dropped the show in early season 2 because there was just nothing interesting anymore.

>cntl+F
>no Cabbage Merchant out for revenge on benders

Cmon Sup Forums

>68 posts
>no one mentions the robot theory

Go back to throwing rocks Croc.
>if not for benders he wouldn't have started Cabbage Corp.
>blaming them for making him successful

C'mon user

Tom-Tom.

>as some of them didn't like the way the Avatar was going about her job

She literally just started actually being in the public. They would more so have an issue with the lineage of how the Avatars operated in the past, not Korra.

Dan Backslide

I didn't know who, but I more or less got the what.

I thought he was chi manipulator like Ty Lee. Like he does something with your pressure points and blocks your bending off, but permanently.

Some evil spirit that was an anti-Avatar

Apparently it's not an actual explaination? When I saw he's a bloodbender I thought "It all makes sense, he chi blocks people permanently!"

But I heard it was debunked by writers?

This.

Thought for sure he was some human who meant what he said. Well except the spirits teaching him to block bending bullshit. Maybe a spirit bender that occurred naturally and did not know what he was.

Just a new type of bender who came to believe that his weird ass powers meant that it was a sign to be.