Now that the dust has settled, what did i think of it?

now that the dust has settled, what did i think of it?

i heard it took them 12 years to make the film

he thought it was okay

It would have been better if they didn't take out the diddling scenes

You thought it was actually really good.

It made me depressed and I cried

lmao get a load of this bitch

That's what me and your dad said to your mum last night! Ha!

nice one

>You know how everyone's always saying, "Seize the moment"? I don't know, I'm kinda thinking it's the other way around. You know, like, the moment seizes us.

Wow, really makes you tink

>expecting a film dedicated completely to realism to have an 18 year old spouting anything but cringeworthy pseudophilosophy

ITT: people that look like they should be famous

>implying he's wrong
>implying life isn't about luck and having events effect you that you have no control over
that 14 year old edgelord knows more about life than you.

it took them 12 years to make the film

No you're getting mixed up with 12 years a slave

And it took everyone a week to forget.

It would take 12 years for us to figure that movie out

I really enjoyed this film, I had just gotten into Linklater's older shit like Slacker a year or two before this came out because Eyedea sampled some of audio from that movie in his 2nd to last album before he died. Since the kids upbringing in the film took place same time as mine I cashed in on some nostalgia bucks from him watching Saturday morning anime because I had to watch yu-gi-oh, dbz etc or i'd die, and its refreshing to look back at that before normies, worldstar niggers, and hype bandwagon nu-sluts ruined it, I also remember working my ass off chore-wise to get a game boy adavance and my pops gave it to me at chuck-e-cheese one day and it was the best shit ever. Also that scene where the evil stepdad signals him to put the gameboy away made me remember how my dad would rage at my brother for texting everywhere we went when it was still brand new. The only disappointment was that Mason turns out to be a faggot nu-male hipster in the end, but aside from that I really enjoyed it can go watch it again anytime I want and still like it.

It filled me with existential dread because the whole time you're invested in this character and it ends at a new beginning. I wanted to watch it until he died from natural causes, or some car crash, or however the guy will end up dying. I did hate how attractive and likable he was, but I guess that's just natural for a hollywood movie. I still found more than one character very relatable. I think a lot of it had to do with the geography of Texas/southwest and how Richard obviously felt something special/meaningful towards it.

I liked how at the beginning the absent father became more of a stable person later in life while the mother just went from the wrong man to the next wrong man bringing down the kids with her.