Croat

>croat
is there a worse demonym? seriously. it sounds like a disgusting insect.

>gross! the garage is full of croats! we need to call an exterminator!

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-is-the-origin-of-the-term-Slav
quora.com
journals.lib.washington.edu/index.php/ssj/article/viewFile/3678/3090
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monteniggers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude wtf I'm a Croat

Anglo would pronounce Hrvat "Hurwhat" which is even worse.

gross! it's a fucking croat!

Serb sounds disgusting too which is very fitting for Serbians

sjut the fuck up seriously

Braz*lian

"slav" in general like dude lmao your ethnicity is the root word for slave lmao dude

ewww get it out of here i don't want its nasty ass on my food i hate croats

I am not a insect

not gonna lie, i just had to go on google translate to see how "croat" is pronounced. i thought it was "krote"

How come in English the name for someone from Croatia is Croat, and the country Croatia. But in their language it's Hrvat and Hrvatska. Like Serbs sound similar, Srbija/Serbia. Even in Montenegro, though it doesn't sound the same there's a reason. Crna Gora means black mountain, Montenegro. So what's the deal?

That's a misconception.

>From Middle English, from Old French sclave, from Medieval Latin sclāvus (“slave”), from Late Latin Sclāvus (“Slav”), because Slavs were often forced into slavery in the Middle Ages

we call ourselves Hrvati, no germans or anglos or latin speakers could realy pronounce that, so around and or after the 30 years war the word 'croat' became commonly used, meaning - those insane balkan bastardards that eat children and can telleport behind your troops

Do some research before writing such a typical burger comment.

again,

>late 13c., "person who is the chattel or property of another," from Old French esclave (13c.), from Medieval Latin Sclavus "slave" (source also of Italian schiavo, French esclave, Spanish esclavo), originally "Slav" (see Slav); so used in this secondary sense because of the many Slavs sold into slavery by conquering peoples.

hmm...

Why do we call Saqartvelo "Georgia"?
Why do we call Hayastan "Armenia"?

Croat sounds like something carrot or rabbit related for me. I'm not sure if this association comes from Russian or English language for me. I guess both, even the work horvat gives me associations with the word morkovka.

But it's definetely not an insect

Horvat/Hurvat/Horoat are the archaic names of Croats. It's not too different from Croati, which is how the Romanics called us as it was simpler for them to pronounce. Words ending with -ska are basically adjectives, so "Hrvatska" just means "land of Croats". The country is named after the people, not the people after the country.

>croat
>kraut
just your anti german sentiment

because they're RATS - croRATS!
your garage is full of rats!

haha dobar mim trip name haha smiješni zhabatz

zašto ne koristiš trip đetić
obećal si

jebo bi te nebi ni trepno

its because our soldiers wore neck ties, and french for tie is crabat, so they called us crabats, and that devolved into croats, true facts

We call then Dalmatians not Croats

quora.com/What-is-the-origin-of-the-term-Slav

Montecrnčuga,kvalitetni janjičar također

>quora.com
nice sauce, dude

journals.lib.washington.edu/index.php/ssj/article/viewFile/3678/3090

thats just potato

do you even realise that it was word "slavE" which came from Slavic ethnonime, and not the orherwise? you can read the same in your link actually:

itself a borrowing and Byzantine Greek σkλάβος sklábos "slave," which was in turn apparently derived from a misunderstanding of the Slavic autonym (denoting a speaker of their own languages).

ti to trolaš frende ili kaj?

daj nemoj nas pravit budalama vise

Vjerojatno onaj lik iz Tataristana il možda prost rogonja.

net, ne trollju, tvoja ssylka nikak ne oprovergla skazannoje etim amerikancem.

English term for "slave" may indeed be derived from our ethnonym, there are many languages in the world where such ethimologies are the case.

vjerojatno neki čurka
ili generalni slavenomrzac, dosta ih posta pod ruskim zastavama ovdje

I can't take "Turk" seriously because it makes me think of the bird

Next to all of the fucking reasons to have disdain for Turkey this amerimutt does it because of his poor understanding of the etymology of words and shit.

end yourself.

dude nigger mountain lmao

ovo dbi lolara bre

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monteniggers
this is why i appreciate montenegro

Pokazao sam članak koji potvrđuje da riječ Slav je postojala prije sclavus. To je jedini što sam htio potvrditi.