youtube.com/watch?v=7wE2dVQBXe0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LUCY IS CUTE!

Fucking stop.

Sup Forums.

dude born in wrong generation lmfao

Font: ass of the user.

I know this is bait, but I wonder when people are going to take this shit seriously and post this unironically...

Butthurt anons, mainly.

t. Modern cartoonfag

I know this is a shitposting thread, but I thought that Adventure Time was the posterboy of CalArts?

Adeventure time dont have one calart in all show.

yes but the troll who made this image couldn't figure out how to draw Finn into the template

I dont now why people think this is bait, it's fucking true.

because it puts expressive cartoons like SvTFOE and Gravity Falls characters on the same level as stiff, newsground flash tier rubbish like whats on CN. i think another big factor separating them is the way the eyes go with the outline of the head. when they are buried inside the head like Manlet Universe then it just looks shitty.

hark

Does CalArts really have a "style", though? I at first thought it was kind of the Rick and Morty / Gravity Falls design, but I think that Alex Hirsch and Justin Roiland being butt buddies probably has more to do with it than from what college they graduated from.
You must be joking. Muto / Ward are were classmates at CalArts.

>CalArts Guy: Fuck it, our new show is called "Beanface and Noodlearms"

Classic CalArts is Iron Giant. This is what John K was describing and bitching about when he coined "the CalArts style" and it's definitely not the meme definition that this board has spawned. I think that original definition is still applicable since CalArts is still very much Disney influenced and a lot of the shorts produced by the students have that style in them rather than the AT popularized thing being spouted by parrots.

weeaboos on tumblr already post this shit unironically

>the one one tumblr features sans and people still take it seriously

Someone should compare Justice League Action to Justice League Unlimited designs.

Man that is totally what it would look like today.

Updated.

Fuck off, Famicon

What Sonic cartoon is that?

9/10

Sonic:Man Of The Year.

youtube.com/watch?v=7wE2dVQBXe0
Thank you.

All those expressions from the cartoons on the top right look rather generic and lack a sense of conviction.

>Cartoons then
Outsourced to Japan

>Cartoons now
Outsourced to Canada and Korea

What the hell happened?

Where did CalArts come from, anyway?
Who created CalArts?

The problem I have with this image is that it pits screenshots of a few select shows ranging over 80 years of cartoon history against even fewer generic faces of shows from the last five years. Anyone taking this kind of thing seriously is either an idiot or completely out of touch with modern animation. Also, are we just pretending that Hanna-Barbera never happened?