This was a lot worse than I thought it was going to be

This was a lot worse than I thought it was going to be.

I agree. First I thought it just looks cheap but has good humor. But no it's just odd and half-assed and the bad kind of strange.

It didn't have the comedic timing that Wes Anderson has in his other films and I felt that the sound mixing was kinda shit.

>But no it's just odd and half-assed and the bad kind of strange.

So just another Wes Anderson movie, then?

DELETE THIS!! H-HIS OTHER ONES ARE GOOD!

well this movie is in the criterion collection so i guess you officially have shit taste

It's very smug, even more smug than usual Wes Anderson shit.
>Stop Motion
>Looked cheap
Kill yourself

that is one smug fox

I like it.

I love it, saw it in the theater when I was 12 with my family and it's become a Thanksgiving tradition.
Also saw it in a couple of different classes in high school as post-test filler (I went to an innercity liberal arts school if that was not obvious)

>2artsy4u

>well this movie is in the criterion collection
So's the Beastie Boys Video Anthology, what's your point?

I love this movie, it has a ton of style to it, and the detail on the models used in the stop-motion is so impressive.

The humour is very, very dry, so if you don't like that dry style of humour, it's much less funny. Also it's not belly-laugh funny, it's chuckle funny.

So are Rosetta and Fat Girl.

I liked it

Fuck you OP i really liked it

Is it true that Wes quit making the film half-way through because Wes learned about furries?

This movie was basically Wes Anderson masturbating.

That being said, Wes Anderson's Wank was still surprisingly entertaining for what it was

Isn't that every wes Anderson movie short of Darjeeling limited ?

Too bad, I enjoyed it.

Well, yeah. But this one even more so. It felt like every Wes Anderson trope turned up to 10, as if he were parodying himself.

The second best Wes movie.
The best is obviously Steve Zissou

I really love this film, and I'm not a wes anderson fan.

Love the visual style with all the detail and shit, and the script is rather charming as well.

Grand Budapest was his best

Weird. This is the second thing I've watched today that had a thread pop up on Sup Forums. The other being the Candleja

Was the son gay?

He liked that one chick.

The cousin might have been though.

I warned you, user.
I warned you when you made that Mr. Fox thread a week or so ago. But did you listen? Clearly not.

Okay. I still have yet to watch it mind you, but what little I've seen of it really doesn't strike me as though it were this mediocre halfassed shit you and some other people make it out to be

I wouldn't mind watching it if it ever comes on TV while I do something else

Don't start that Candlejack meme it was funny at first then it became extremely annoyi

Why do you think it was so bad? I mean Aside from having an irrefutable shit taste?
The movie is perfectly paced and the visuals are comf af. The movie has a great style even within the strict (self-imposed) aesthetic of Wes Anderson and it's an amazing interpretation of children's book. Y u so gay?

It is, though. It's good people don't nearly pay it as much attention as they once did. Loss, on the other hand, can climb a wall of cyst-infested dicks.

I honestly don't know. I just didn't like it.

Wrote some here Other than that I love Wes Anderson and Roald Dahl.

I mean it's okay if you don't like the movie, but don't call the movie bad just cause it wasn't what you were expecting. Just know that you have bad taste in movies user, that's all i ask.

But I never saidd it was bad.

What is this movie, it looks W E I R D

Well
you see
user
it is
Fantastic Mr. Fox

you knocking Beastie Boys? their music videos are awesome

Jeff Goldblum isnt in this particular Wes Anderson movie, but nice try

Do we even know anything about Wes' next stop-motion movie beyond Dogs and Japan.

Listening to the commentary, he said that while making of Mr. Fox, the animators finally got him to watch Ghibli films, which he enjoyed. Though the typical Anderson idiom is far removed from those movies, so I doubt there'll be much influence.

congratulations on having shit taste Sup Forums

didn't know he was making another stop motion movie

It's his next film.

Funny that Kubo is also coming out. Maybe western studios feel more comfortable making Japan-set animation if it's stop-motion, since the anime industry doesn't do much in the medium.

>I thought

You do realize that sticking your thumb up there and then taking it to smell it is not the normal thought process for most people?

I want him to make another animated movie.

Fuck you it was good.