Give me a straight answer, Sup Forums. yes or no: did they fix it?

give me a straight answer, Sup Forums. yes or no: did they fix it?

There wasn't anything that needed to be fixed to begin with. Its just even better.

Yes.

If you wanted Clark doing journalism, yes, it's fixed.

Did you like the theatrical version? Then yes.

Did you dislike the theatrical version? Then no.

It's more of the same.

They fixed all that could have been fixed
7/10 movie now until Doomsday shows up and takes it back to a 4/10

Big no. Same problems, just amplified and made even more excruciatingly obvious.

Pacing and Editing was a lot better

But Snyder still doesn't understand the characters

And whats with him throwing in his fucking stupid imagery and American ego wank

First post best post. For once.

Fuck you! America is awesome

No.

They shored up a lot of the weaknesses of the film.

That being said, a lot of the problems I had had nothing to do with providing context, and were more about tone, direction, and Snyder's usual bag of tricks.

So I have a better opinion of the uncut version, but it's still not something I would pay to sit through again.

>would not pay to sit through again

They are American myths in the same vein of the Greek gods. Thatd be like asking why there was Greek imagery in Odyssey.

It's more of the same

It was GOAT. The best capemovie since TDK.

>People keep praising the "Clark does investigations" additions
>It's literally two scenes of him trying to interview some guy's wife and running into people who conveniently wax poetical about Batman

Disappointed, tbqh.

Depends on what you didn't like about the theatrical release.

I'm watching it and I'm 7 minutes on the movie... they didn't fix the beginning with that stupid scene with the guy that didn't leave the building while the whole world was crumbling down outside.

It's the same stupid movie with the same mistakes and incoherences. But with 30 extra minutes.

Fixing it would entail getting a different director who actually understand subtlety and isn't obsessed with excess.

Snyder pls

But Man of Steel was slightly better than The Dark Knight.

Yeah, it's leagues above the theatrical release.

I never saw the theatrical so don't know what was 'fixed' but this was a terrible fucking movie! Plot holes still everywhere. It started off ok, just with really REALLY bad pacing and then it just got silly, to the point that I burst out laughing when Superman was stabbed by the stupid Super Sayian

DANCE OFF BRO

>implying

> I'm 7 minutes on the movie
>it's the same stupid movie

Oh ok

meme

But the World Engine wasn't what caused the building to collapse; it was Zod. He was doing the right thing by staying in the building. It was just bad luck that Zod's fight ended up going through that particular building.

Are you fucking serious? The World Engine was consuming everything around it.There is no way to justify this stupid scene. No fucking way.

Kek how uncultured are you that you didn't realize this? They were created when America was at it's lowest point to give people hope.

>He was doing the right thing by staying in the building
Fucking how? Any person with any kind of sense would get the fuck out of downtown Metropolis the moment buildings started to go down, no matter what the cause.

Watching the same mistakes repeating themselves you can already get an idea of how the rest will be.

Pacing is better
Characters have slightly more justification for their actions and the way they are
Batman's hateboner for Superman is still incredibly contrived and hypocritical since he himself is still a mass murderer
MARTHA is still there
Doomsday is still there
Batman is still a prophet of our Lord somehow and Flash still warps into his dream
Luthor is still shit
There is still no unified vision and creative control behind the franchise as a whole
Snyder is still in charge of JL and they are still playing Darkseid way too soon
DCEU is still FUBAR
If you didn't like theatrical version, don't bother.

>not knowing that it's protocol to stay indoors during earthquakes

How do casuals like you not realize irrational paranoia is a staple of Batmans personality? Sorry no other movie adapted Batman's personality.

no
it's better though
6.5/10

YES
The movie has a lot more of CLARK now, they explain that Luthor was controlling A LOT of shit to make Supes and Bats go against each other(the branded dude dying in prison, for example)
I loved this edition, but then again, i didn't really hated the theatrical release

The movie is 3 hours long.

You watched 7 minutes of it.

>Give people hope
>Not make money

>making money
>during the great depression
>off 3 cent comics

Wew lad you need to brush up on your history

>implying the entertainment industry wasn't one of the few that thrived during the Depression because people needed fiction to cheer them up

Sure, but comics were created to inspire hope and happiness when the American people had none. Do you even Supergods?

Cynical Batman is ok
The problem is that he is screaming how Superman is bad for killing people by way of collateral damage and is somehow guilty of all those who died to world engine while having blood of dozens or even hundreds of people on his hands.
It could work with comic book Batman who doesn't kill, no matter the circumstances, who would risk his own life to save even the Joker's life. But not with this Goddamn Batman.
But of course it's way easier to just brand everyone who doesn't like >muh capekino a casual and ignore all criticism.

It's not bad but it's still not as good as the best DC movie... Batman: the Movie (1966)

batman isn't just killing people he's torturing and mutilating the corpses!

Batman doesn't have the power to kill all humans. The MARTHA scene was within Batman's character. Doomsday scenes were good, Flash scenes were good. Luthor was good. Unified vision and creative control? Snyder is great, Darkseid is great, DCEU is still producing good movies even if retards downvote them. There's no downside.

He only kills if you are autistic. The movie didnt intend for him to kill anyone so he doesnt kill. Your autism makes you think he kills cause you cant suspend your disbelief.

Is this a meme? Because I can't imagine even the most diehard fans praising the fucking Doomsday scenes.

That's what I meant by "the right thing." What the World Engine was doing was similar to an earthquake.

What was wrong with Doomsday? Muh CGI?

judge for yourself

its gonna be streamed on brettygood in a few minutes, so you can watch it there

It was really terrible-looking CGI, yes. That and he serves no purpose in the movie other than to have a big dumb monster for them to kill at the end, shoehorned in the Death of Superman storyline where it didn't belong, and the entire fight scene with him in general was such a clusterfuck of overblown visual effects that it was pretty much unwatchable.

He's a super sayan.

It's really shit and the battle is laughable. There are cool parts in the battle, pretty much all of them Wonder Woman stuff, but other than that it's shit.

>I am blind: thr post
Maybe no one actually died. Yeah, I suppose those were rubber bullets his batmobile guns fired at the guy with the minigun. And when he rammed that car and made it roll over several times before crashing into a truck, and then roped it into another car, I suppose those were all rubber car crashes. And when he shoots people from his plane or when he made a car full of bad guys crash into a fuel truck, I suppose those were rubber explosions. And he was only going to subdue Superman with that rubber kryptonite spear of his.
Your denial is just comical at this point. But please, do keep it up. I don't mind a good laugh.

did you actually watch the movie?

Don't forget the guy with the grenade. If I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief for Snyder's "realistic" vision, then I guess Superman didn't really kill anyone in his destruction against Zod in MoS.

Kino

What would be good CGI? How do you determine which is good and which is bad?

Generally team up movies, games, and comics have the heroes fight a big guy at the end. There's no problem with that. The fight scene was fine. You're just looking for excuses not to like the movie because you WANTED to hate it.

The point still stands the movie doesnt intend for him to kill. You are inferring he killed based off your real world constraints. The movie set in a fictional universe intended for those people to survive. You refuse to accept that. Ie autism.

Yeah this is memery.

>You're just looking for excuses not to like the movie because you WANTED to hate it.
So, you're saying everyone DID like it but are suffering from delusions that say otherwise? What the fuck is wrong with you?

It's much better than the original in every way. This new release makes it a solid 4/10.

This is also memery.

Nice b8 m8.

Go back to Sup Forums and complain about Arya teleporting

I thought it was pure undistilled capekino up until this point when they Snyder lost me.

Actually, most of the comic book industry at that time was owned by the mob, so
Also, 3 cents wasn't so little money like it is today back then

And you refuse to accept any criticism of the movie. You're the autistic one.

All of that extra shit with Clark researching "The Bat of Gotham" and how much no one likes Batman because he's become a cold murderer akin to Rorschach or The Punisher, doesn't ever get resolved as we still have the same shitty third act with Batman and Superman instantly becoming allies. Clark never questions Batman, and neither does Bruce to Superman about how they perceive each other. They just fight and become friends, no character development needed!

And now I guess the world will forgive Batman in the next film, with Barry Allen not acknowledging him as the psycho murderer that he has been for the past few years.

Fuck this movie.

I just finished watching it with fresh eyes (I hadn't seen the original cut).

I rate it okay to pretty good, but would put a "damn" between "pretty" and "good" if Lex wasn't so awful and maybe Doomsday wasn't literally the cave troll from Fellowship.

I thought the score was the high point of the movie and I don't see why people were so pumped for Wonder Woman at the end. I think some people just react with Pavlovian excitement when electric guitars start playing out of nowhere.

Someone tell me what the McFarlane figure with the cubes is supposed to be. I see they're setting up for Darkseid, but I'm not that well read in deeper DC knowledge.

Overall, I'd watch it again, but maybe in like half a year at the soonest. That was a lot of movie.

its starting right now on brettygood if you want to watch it

How did they fix Lex or Martha?
Go on, I'm waiting.

This thread is an advertisement.

No thank you, I've got work tomorrow.

Saying that Batman killed when the movie didn't intend for him to kill is not autism. The movie did not intend for him to kill so he didnt kill regardless of what you saw or think. Just like if a movie about a magician had him create a sword out of thin air. In the real world this wouldnt be possible, but in the confines of that movie it did happen. If you can't accept this you have autism.

Where's the metric for what is and isn't good CGI? And I said that you and others were looking for excuses to dislike it, and thus disliked it not that you secretly liked it. There's nothing that would have pleased you. Worse than Sonic fans, honestly.

Good cgi looks like it's there
Bad cgi looks like it's who framed roger rabbit, with real people juxtaposed against cartoons, simple as that. But cgi is the least of Doomsday's problems.
He is only there because Snyder wanted Superjesus to die, and, sonce all he can do is frame pretty shots taken straight from comic book pages, just took Doomsday from Death of Superman, without bothering to tie in properly into all the other subplots in the movie. Unlike, say, Nolan's trilogy, Snyder simply failed to connect the storylines that he borrowed from TDKR and TDaRoS. It's just like Daredevil season 2 with 2 completely unrelated plotlines.
And btw I wanted to like the movie. I liked MoS, I thought it was, despite all it's flaws and shortcomings, a decent retelling of Superman's origin story and a good platform to build and expand upon. Too bad DC is hellbent on crashing this franchise with no survivors.

MARTHA would have been fine if they hadn't followed it with a five minute montage of why you dumbass viewers need to know that's important.

>Just like if a movie about a magician had him create a sword out of thin air.
Only God Forgives

>mfw this was actually an injoke with a friend of mine for a long time after we both read TDKR

good CGI should blend with the real world, should have textures that fit in with the backgrounds and live action stuff.

Part of the problem is not just the CGI but the whole designing, all that fucking lightning was just over produced garbage. And so much of the fight was just too fast to follow anything. So the problem wasn't just the CGI, though that was bad at times, but the whole design and idea

If it's good CGI, you won't be able to tell it's CGI.

Yeah, like the Jungle Book remake.

It was Snyder referencing the fact that despite having a no-kill code in movies, Batman still kills people "indirectly." He was borrowing from people who did things beforehand and got punished for it.

"Didn't intend for him to kill?" Shithead, do you think KG Beast just had black soot on him like in a Looney Tune when Bruce blew him up? Where those guys on Lex's truck who got crushed by the Batmobile just turned into flat pancakes and then popped back up with an accordion sound?

I bet $100 that you're from Sup Forums.

I think it's more that if it's good CGI, it won't bother you that it's CGI. CGI people don't notice is generally for static background stuff. I wasn't bothered by most of the CGI in BvS until one particular shot of Doomsday fighting Superman came off as really video gamey.

Kek again you are using examples of what you saw as reasons why he killed. If Snyder didn't intend for him to kill, he didn't kill. End of story. Your opinion doesn't matter in universe. Im sorry you are too autistic to realize this.

Oh boy
I pity you if you actually believe what you say
I know you are memeing, but still

I pity your autism and inability to realize what you think doesn't matter at all.

You are the kind of retard that ask who pumps Batmans tires or why doesnt Gotham just sentence the Joker to death.

You won't trick me, Satan. I've never killed and I never will. I carefully calculated every explosion, grapple, punch, Batmobile drift and gunshot to spare every life involved. Sure, they may not have every limb, or total control of their bodies, or a chance of ever living happily again, but I didn't kill them.

Not him, but what's your problem, man? Why is this such a personal triumph for you? What have you got to gain?

Attention, maybe.

So good CGI isn't possible. I get it now.

I hope they made it even smarter!

>why are you defending a movie I dont like! Stop that!

I don't know if you got this, but in the movie Batman decided to kill Superman fearing what he might become, not for what he is right now.

Batman is hating himself for being older than his father and not accomplishing anything. He didn't changed Gotham for the better, his crusade only brought pain and death and he wasn't even able to save the his employees.

Batman can't see the point anymore. In his mind right now he's not any better than the people he fight every night. So he sees Superman posing as a hero and fear what might happen when Superman realize the same shit.

Batman in the movie is pretty much suicide by way of Superman.

>tfw he left Joker's taunt on Robin's suit