Now that the dust settled, what was the name of the big cruise ship that sank in that movie titanic?

Now that the dust settled, what was the name of the big cruise ship that sank in that movie titanic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8
youtube.com/watch?v=rOeIdDXN8SM
nydailynews.com/news/titanic-sinking-100-years-rms-titanic-artifacts-auctioned-gallery-1.1058798?pmSlide=1.1058778
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Big Gus

Lusitania

Titanic?

yes that movie
what is the name of ship?

Below Deck Caribbean

The USS Maine

Tom

spoilers mf

Who /comfy/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8

RMS Olympic

Boaty McBoatface

>An Abbot and Costelo bit? There's no way those two unfunny hum drums will ever make it big time!

if the order for all stop hadn't been given it would have missed

This.

Boaty McBoatface

Why was it standard practice to:
>carry fewer lifeboats than can hold the people on board
>go full speed through ice flows at night when you can't see well enough to avoid what's in front of you
And why was the Titanic considered unsinkable when all it took was a long scrape to sink it?

>I wouldn't trust that Hitler chap

>Picasso. Ha! These paintings'll never sell!

Cal did nothing wrong

Literally Cal-Arts

>Will the lifeboats be seated according to race?
Jesus Christ, Cameron.

>whites are the kings of the world!

I know times were a little different but this was just out of line.

Came to post this.

youtube.com/watch?v=rOeIdDXN8SM

more

>people on this board make fun of reddit which harbors actual discussion

i only come here for the memes and feet but jesus christ is this board awful

You have to go back

>>carry fewer lifeboats than can hold the people on board

It necessarily wasn't, the company was being cheap. There was coming a belief that they weren't needed.

>go full speed through ice flows at night when you can't see well enough to avoid what's in front of you
They were trying to reach it's destination in record time to show off. It was the captain's last voyage on the largest man made machine's maiden voyage filled with some of the richest and most influential people.

>And why was the Titanic considered unsinkable
Because the inner lining was compartment. Rather than one whole inner that could be filled from a single gash, there were multiple upon multiple, so one could feasibly fill up and the ship stay afloat.

>when all it took was a long scrape to sink it?
It didn't. It wasn't one long scrape. It was several small scrapes, puncturing under half of the compartments. With them filling up and all on the same side, it caused that side to begin to sink, while the rest wanted to float, it's why it snapped in half.

>Draw me like on of your smelly cheese loving coward French girls who surrender easily, Jack.

I get patriotism, but Cameron was really pushing it in the raw directors cut.

Mauritania

USS Hermann Göring

The funny part is that in 1912 whites were really the masters of this planet. All other races were colorful little creatures in the background.

Olympic and Titanic were designed differently. They were maybe 80% identical

Nice try, White Star Line shill.

BLACKED? Crazy, Rose! There's no way young, beautiful white women would let niggers inside them.

But that sounds like blatant negligence. I thought there were extensive investigations in the US and UK that determined no one was really to blame, it was just a perfect storm of circumstances that exposed out of date practices.

:^)

I don't see what fuss in this movie was about. The boat didn't look much bigger than the Mauritania

I have always been slightly obsessed with titanic. Watched so many documentaries, etc. It really is a shame Olympic or "titanic" if you will - Was stripped down. Though parts of it still exists in museums and i believe it's dinner set is used in a resturant it would've been awesome to walk in a live version of the ship. Brittanic is facinating too - Though a shame it's on its side.

Why didn't they create rafts out of deck chairs and tables?
Why didn't they throw beds overboard so you could float on the mattress?
If the real killer was hypothermia, why didn't they set themselves on fire before jumping into the water?
Couldn't they just drink all the water that was going into the ship?
Why didn't everyone run to the stern of the ship to keep it balanced until help arrived?
Why didn't the Eagles just fly the Titanic to New York via Mordor? Icebergs melt in heat.

Edmund Fitzgerald is more interesting

>tfw you will never have the money to dive down to the Titanic wreck and see it for yourself

Jesus, I used to watch Abbot and Costello with my father all the time. I must've seen all their films.
>THE MEAT'S ON FIRE!

;_;
Too bad it it has been stripped and detoriated so much. Again it's a fucking shame that Olympic was stripped as much as it was. Can you imagine the popularity it would've had had it been kept floating and in shape, could've been used as a hotel/resturant/museum. Sleeping in a virtual copy of Titanic would've been grand.

Yeah that would have been nice, but unfortunately I don't think anyone was willing to entertain that notion in the middle of the depression.

Yeah, it's sad. Probably would've been quite useful for the researchers too researching the ship and comparing it to Titanic.

The Unsinkable Ship

Had titanic hit the iceberg head on it would've survived.

So I remember back in 2009 everyone was saying that by 2015 or so Titanic would just be a rust stain on the bottom of the Atlantic, but to my knowledge it is still there. Has anyone got any pictures of it from either this year or 2016?

That comes down to your own perception.
It was the Edwardian Era, high class in America were very much up there own asses in think things were 'too big to fail', only two decades later brought the collapse of the stock market as well as other massive failures.

chuckled. Here's a you.

Had titanic sunk it would've survived.

If the order to turn hadn't been given it wouldn't have sank

Not too long ago a team excavated some pretty rare Artifacts from it. They even found some gloves Rose wore.

nydailynews.com/news/titanic-sinking-100-years-rms-titanic-artifacts-auctioned-gallery-1.1058798?pmSlide=1.1058778

If it wouldn't have sank it wouldn't have sank.

Rose never existed.

A Chinese company is building an exact replica of the Titanic that will be completed in 2019. It's going to be a hotel.

Both me.
I think that was abandoned? Only two years to build a replica, though without engines etc it will probably go faster.

Check for yourself. They even found the vest Jack wore too user.

Jack and Rose never existed idiot. There was a love story ish couple that the story was slightly inspired by though.

desu If was going to idolise a huge pre-ww1 gotta-go-fast ship it would have to be a Battlecruiser

>33,000 tons
>28 knots
>100,000 shaft horsepower
>sexy as fuck

JOHN BROWN AND CO CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

I wish your dad was my dad.
:(

As someone who spent a lot of time around the Great Lakes growing up, the Edmund Fitzgerald is pretty spoopy. But there's just something about the Titanic, the perfect combination of massive tragedy, lost innocence, and romanticism that just completely captures the imagination.

Look at the pics doofus. They even have Jacks famous watch.

kys

Construction started in November so I would assume they'll eventually finish it. That's definitely something I would want to visit someday though if they do.

SMS Saint Stephen

executor

>getting baited this fucking hard

Correct answer.

He died in 1998, my friend. RIP.

the Twin Towers

It got better.

Did he fall off the face of the earth after Titanic?

He killed himself in 1929 dickhead. Pay attention next time.

Not that user, but in all honesty I'm sorry to read that.

>all the top people that were against the federal reserve were on the ship
>he thinks it was actually the titanic and not the sister ship
good goys

It's all right. My father had a lot of problems. Got blown to shit in Vietnam and then when he came home I guess the doctors didn't do such a good job of weaning him off those painkillers. Prescriptions led to dope, which led to a slew of other diseases, which led to death. He had a lot of problems, but he taught me a lot.

That's good, must have been one hell of a man to still teach his child things after going through all of that. If there's a heaven he's there.

No Who's the ship, What's the captain

I appreciate the kind words. My father absolutely loved film. His favorite movies were Abbot and Costello comedy routines and Ray Harryhausen stop motion. I grew up watching things like Clash of the Titans, Jason and the Argonauts, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, etc. Apart from that he loved war films and documentaries, and gangster/mob movies. It's too bad he died the year before The Sopranos started because I know he would've really enjoyed it.

the ship is the name of the movie you fucking retard

Drunken Dewgong?

Bismarck, who didn't deserve to be sunk due to the incompetence of German naval surface warfare

Gigantis.

Ribbit

leonardo