What are the essential spiderman stories ?

what are the essential spiderman stories ?

pity bump i want me some spidey after finishing vol 1 of ultimate spiderman, that shit was pure feels at times

one more and i'm done

Just keep reading Ultimate Spider-Man. If you're looking for 616 stories, try the JMS run, see what you think.

I would add Roger Stern's run for the 616 stories as well. And of course you can't forget to check the first run by Lee/Ditko/Romita.

Also, one essential story that OP should read is Kraven's Last Hunt.

One More Day and the entire Spiderverse thing are god tier.

i finished all of it.
i read spiderverse and i thought it was okay but 6 maybe 7/10 at best

Axis Carnage
Axis Hobgoblin
Superior Foes of Spider-man
Marvel Adventures Spider-man

Quesadilla pls go

Anything involving Venom and/or Carnage
Other symbiotes suck, and spider clones suck too

Lee's run

Back in Black
Spider-Man: Blue
Ultimate Spider-Man
Marvel Adventures
Spider-Man Noir
Spider-Man 2099
JMS run in general

JMS Spider-man
First 14 issues of Marvel Knights: Spider-man
Spider-man: Blue
Sins Past
OMD
Original run

Just read from Ditko to Stern. As soon as you see Michelinie stop.

Who knocked you senseless and without taste, poor little user?

Sin's past is often considered the best Spiderman story of the decade

Now, Spiderverse was kind of fun, though admittedly not as fun as it could have been.

5 issue Clone Saga is great too.

Trouble

Spderverse might have been fun under a competent writer
It was written by Slott
It had no charm,Spiders doing nothing of worth, Spock given the limelight despite Peter being there, and was one of Silk's truly most awful stories

DELETE THIS

Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut!

Say what you want about Civil War, but it leads up to Back in Black, which is my absolute favorite spiderman story of all time.

If you wanna skip the Civil War stuff OP, all you need to know is that Spiderman is unmasked, and Kingpin puts a hit on his family while he's "safe" in jail. You're probably used to seeing Spidey joke around during fights and shit, but this story's all about what happens when he REALLY gets serious.

This for real though

Maximum Carnage. The SNES game, don't even worry about reading the comic.

Busiek's untold tales of Spider-man.

What issue is this from?

You could still read Michelinie for just dumb fights, it's much better than current Spidey- comics.
Pretty much these. Also Peter David's Spec Spidey, J.M. Dematteis' Spec run.

>not a single mention of Kraven's Last Hunt

agreed, Best Spidey comic. MJ+Peter forever, ya'll can suck it

1st
read Amazing Spider-Man from 1 to 251(hobgoblin fight) nothing interesting or worth mentioning happens after that.

2nd
then jump to Kraven's Last hunt and keep reading until you get to clone saga. issue 402 I think.

skip clone saga. it is trash

3rd
finally, read the beggining of the Straczynski run (coming home) and keep going until the end of One More Day, there you can stop altogether and pick up any modern spidey comic.

regarding brand new day (slott's run) I was tired of Spiderman by that point and didn't pick it up again until Superior and I'm still on the loop with Spidey lore.

Does this count?

Lee/Ditko/Romita run
Roger Stern run
The Death of Captain Stacey
The Night Gwen Stacey Died
Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut
Todd Mcfarlene run
The entire Harry Osborn Goblin saga (available in a collected tpb, involves various writers)
Kraven's Last Hunt
Spider-Man Blue

Ultimate is extremely overrated, and any non-Spidey dialogue is usually cringe worthy. JMS' run is shit, though he writes a good Peter.

Oh, add Marvel Adventures Spider-Man to that list.

>Axis Carnage
No! No!! NO!!! NOO!!! Whatever you do, don't fucking read it... it's so fucking retarded.

The comic is utter shit, what a mess.

yes