So I’m definitely not reading Harley’s ongoing anymore, and here’s why:

So I’m definitely not reading Harley’s ongoing anymore, and here’s why:

So Harley’s writers give yet another male character a loving kiss scene, while the woman she’s supposedly romantically involved with just stands by . Ivy is asked once again if she’s jealous, and that’s it. That’s the bulk of their “relationship.” They “flirt,” have conversations meant for laughs and sexual innuendo, and then Harley is written off with some dude wherein they have all the romance.

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for everyone to see how that is nothing. The writers have done essentially nothing for Harley’s character but 1) take away the last dregs of her intelligence and 2) have given her some of the worst characterization her character has seen in her short existence.

Harley being nothing more than a quick pit stop for boobs and lesbian sex jokes does more harm than good.

Harley has been reduced to stereotype of bisexuality. The comic, and her character, are written as over-sexed and plays on the concept of “having your cake and eating it too,” a common slanderous mindset on bisexuality. It implies that a bisexual lover could never be true to their partner. It implies someone who is bi could have all the fun they want with someone of the same sex, but at the end of it all they’ll do everything they want out of a relationship with a partner of the opposite sex.

There is conjecture that they are poly because of the “Word of God” tweet between DC and the Palmiottis, but that frankly is a bad idea.

Because the writers are just making them friends with benefits. Because the writers are treating Harley’s potentiality of a non-hetero sexuality as a novelty, a trinket, another thing to make her “quirky” and “weird.” They treat her being bi as a punchline, and they make Ivy, a most likely lesbian and basically canon girlfriend, stand by the sidelines and suffer from invisibility, and it honestly feels like it’s because she isn’t “straight enough” to have a visible romance.

Other urls found in this thread:

supervillainesses.tumblr.com/post/143574043870/lmao-okay-so-im-definitely-not-reading
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its called being bisexual OP
You wouldn't know where on the kinsey scale Harley lies on any given day

I think it's funny that you're this invested in this fictional relationship.

I also think it's funny that's why OP doesn't read the book and not because of the writing in general.

Harley’s ongoing is too messy in construction and is actually harming the perception of how the B in LGBT+ operates.

>Not being invested in the best pairing of DCU

Why do you have to be that way?

>b-but fictional relationships can't be dysfunctional!!!
fuck off

>Not being invested in the best pairing of DCU

But I am.

It can be dysnfuctional, but I have to atleast see that. Harley & Ivy in Harley's book is a bunch of nothing

i love it when people who are defined entirely by what kind of sex they have, making it their whole identity, are pissed off when people think all they do is have sex
it makes them so mad they go and have nothing but meaningless sex with a variety of partners for reasons unrelated to anything but immediate pleasure

>being this invested in a meme character

This is why you should follow (good) writers, not whatever flavor-of-the-year character is trending.

But I thought Harley book would have been good. After all Jonah Hex and Power-Girl was good and that was all Palmiotti

>reading Harley's solo
Why do you hate yourself, OP?
Her every other recent appearance has been much better than this book.

Like I said because of Palmiotti track record with Jonah Hex and PowerGirl.

>You just said Kraken
I don't get it.

I think they said their relationship had "none of the jealousy" which I find hard to believe

it sounds kinda like cancer,which this character is

You're forgetting Justin Grey, who co-wrote Power Girl as well as Jonah Hex.

OP thinks the Bombshells universe is canon which fuels his autism. He simply refuses to accept that Harley and Ivy are just fuck buddies and nothing more.

So...

How is Ivy going to pay back bats?

OP, you SERIOUSLY just realized Harley/Ivy is just one big queer bait from the beginning?

I've been telling you this shit for ages.

The "romance" only exists to be teasing and unobtrusive. All its qualities serve to be as unobtrusive as it possibly can, while still tickling your boner for lesbians whenever possible.

>Ivy, a most likely lesbian

Her own mini said she was bi in a hybrid joke

H Y P E R C R I S I S

Everything is canon

Sh-Shut up!.

Not to mention she had the hots for some indian dude with a pink mohawk, though that honestly just seemed like the writer self-inserting.

That way they can please the HarleyxIvy crowd while still writing their heterosexual romance

By please I mean bait and string along, but you get it

Im not reading it because Harley sucks

Dude, Harley's a slut. She has always been a slut. Get over it already and stop looking for "pure" anime-tier waifus.

Where is this nonsense from?

The writer was a girl.

>I'm happy when she's happy
That's legitimately a cuckold thing to say.

Ivys a cuck.
Which makes sense since she's a women who can make anyone happy by fucking up their free will.

Also Harleys a slut so its a perfect relationship

Yeah the writer was self-inserting into Ivy. Dumbass.

I did a tl;dr version of your post user, I hope you don't mind

>So I’m definitely not reading Harley’s ongoing anymore, and here’s why:
>Autism

Nah, man. My TL;DR would be that I wanted a troll thread with 300+ replies just to amuse myself, but It didn't worked. Hell I took this whole thing from a Tumblr post

supervillainesses.tumblr.com/post/143574043870/lmao-okay-so-im-definitely-not-reading

I just needed to cut some text to fit into Sup Forums's word limit

Jimmy Palmiotti sucks whenever he's not working with Justin Grey and Amanda Palmer isn't really a writer.

They pretty much ruined the nice dynamic Harley and Ivy had, where Harley was Pink and Ivy was Brains.

Ivy needs to be the alpha straight gal, who's always getting frustrated and angered with Harley's antics, while Harley act as the funny ditz who's always getting them into troubles.

That's how they were under Bruce Timm. That's why people liked the pair together.

Harley being the alpha leader with Ivy being her beta-friend orbiter and side-kick simple doesn't work.

This

>Bisexuals think, honest to God, that they are not all fucking sluts.
Oh, I'm laughing.

Damn, well I can respect that. Better luck next time.

Maybe repost it tomorrow? Almost nobody's here now.

What? Bisexuals are sluts, now? As a bisexual i'm terribly offended.

Sure, i'm currently going out with three girls and two dudes, but we're in an open relationship and i tell them about m other partners, i also always invite them to my weekend orgy parties, so it's not like i keep things from them.

Yeah, I think for them to get the Harley/Ivy dynamic right it'd have to be in a book where Ivy was the lead, a book that focused on both of them working together, or a book where neither of them are main characters but appear together often. A Harley-led book isn't a good place for it.

Being honest, though. It's really hard to commit when you love the human body in all its shapes and forms.
Think about it. You're constantly being bombarded with things that turn you on when you're walking outside.

How can a person commit to just one relationship when you suffer like that?

Harley on going has always been a pile of shit anyway.

fact

Once your sex drive fails for one reason or another, it gets easier.

So are most people. Just because you're attracted to both men and women doesn't mean you're more prone to cheating. Some bisexuals are sluts but they'd be just as slutty if they were gay or straight, because it's got nothing to do with their sexuality.

DC comics is just too 50's to give more than a superficial wash to gay or minority characters.

Gay characters have non-relationships or their romantic other is killed off swiftly.

Black comic characters are all earnest straight-laced Sidney Poitier types who exist to add a dash of color to the JL lineups.

Not saying that the other comic companies are anything near flawless in their representation of non-white non-straight fictional characters, but DC has always been hilariously uncomfortable and awkward with it.

Very this.

>In the future, the only black guy allowed in the JL has to paint himself 100% metallic

>Gay characters have non-relationships or their romantic other is killed off swiftly.
Except...You know, Midnighter and Apollo, first gay married couple in comics

First of all this is obviously a copy paste from somewhere else.

Second, how pathetic is it that you went out of your way to find something to make yourself mad that some idiot whose opinion doesn't matter said?

I know this is bait but I've always felt like DC has treated us with a bit more respect. Relationships and sexuality as a second, character first.

Pied Piper has more to him than "That gay guy"

Meanwhile I can't really tell you anything about Billy other than he's a cute twink that likes cock.

>First of all this is obviously a copy paste from somewhere else.

No shit, Sherlock. I said it here >Second, how pathetic is it that you went out of your way to find something to make yourself mad that some idiot whose opinion doesn't matter said?

I just wanted to created a troll thread for the laughs, it failed and that's that

You should have waited until Wednesday.

Best day to bait.