First Bendis volume had:

first Bendis volume had:
>A first arc about Quill and the Spartax empire, that introduces the new character and ends with the Guardians as fugitives
>A second arc to introduce Angela
>A third arc event tie in

second Bendis volume had:
>A first arc about Quill and the Spartax empire, that introduces the new character and ends with the Guardians as fugitives
>A second arc to introduce Angela
>A third arc event tie in

Is Bendis trying?

>Is Bendis trying?
If you have to ask this, you're just an imbecile. But I'll answer for you anyway.

No. No he isn't trying. In his own words, continuity is an obstacle.

He thinks continuity is a mistake so take a guess

No he's not, he probably was semi inspired to write about Star-Lord in the beginning which is why he took the job of writing the GotG in the first place (he had no interest in that comic and had to be convinced plus reading the original Star-Lord stories made him want to write about Peter Quill) but with Marvel shoehorning Angela and then Bendis running out of ideas it went from meh to utter shit in no time (especially during Original Sin).

Nowadays I think he just stays for Kitty, Ben Grimm, Peter Quill and Rocket and even then he just writes funny character moments and makes up the plot as he goes along, he doesn't give a shit anymore and it's also an easy paycheck.

I think Bendis was aware there was going to be a gotg movie which is why he jumped on the book.

Well according to him he didn't want to do it and had to be convinced and that reading the old Claremont and Englehart Star-Lord stuff is what also partially convinced him.

I guess that being the writer of a hot property might have been very appealing, too bad for him Gunn doesn't really acknowledge him or his run that much and when people keep bringing up Angela, Flash, Tony, or Carol being in the GotG it annoys Gunn (he's more of a DnA and old cosmic fag and the new fans and casuals don't get that he doesn't care about the new Bendis stuff).

We also had to deal with the fact that, for a completely different reason in the story, Rhodey took a hit in the "Civil War" movie. I actually didn't know where that was going to land in their final edit, so I had to take that into consideration as well. Unrelated but you get the idea.

I think Bendis staying is just the tale of Marvel’s struggle at making the Guardians a powerhouse in the world of comics.

Marvel first put Bendis because he was the only big fish who showed interest in writing them. At this time, no one was sure how successful the movie was going to be so having some TPB with a big name by the time of the movie was enough to satisfy the suits above. But after the wild success of the movie, the same suits surely demanded the franchise to be milked dry. It was at this point that Bendis was probably thinking about leaving as his interest had extinguished. Marvel was clearly preparing Sam Humphries to be his successor, giving him events to set up his new status quo. But something happened during those months and Marvel lost fate on Sam. They went back to Bendis, begged him to stay and used Kitty Pryde as a bargaining chip. Nowadays, Marvel still struggles to find a writer who can sell enough to maintain the Guardians as a powerhouse franchise. So they keep begging Bendis to stay. The man has stopped promoting or responding things about the team on his Tumblr, more interested on Iron Man or Miles; and when asked about the team, he can only make vague promises for Kitty Pryde, his only reason to stay. His new status quo of Peter being King (probably left for Humphries to pick up, once upon a time) was resolved in a few issues and forgotten. Meanwhile even superstar CM Punk and original GotG writer Dan Abnett failed to generate interest in the franchise like Marvel wants.

So Bendis and the fans remain shackled with a franchise neither want, and Marvel can’t help but keep pushing it in hopes some big fish takes interest enough to try to save the sinking ship.

Bendis doesn't have to try because he is top selling all the same. I mean, he takes a very generic arc, stretches it for 6 months, and then cashes in on events. That's always has been his plan and it sells. Especially since he keeps promising "Everything will be explained"

>In his own words, continuity is an obstacle.
Yeah, his continuity is an obstacle to the rest of the writers at Marvel.

Ewing was inferior to Spurrier.

Having said that, he's leagues and away Marvel's best writer right now.

I wonder why Spurrier left so quickly after Secret Wars. Maybe he just wasn't happy with his books being canned? X-Force's ending was abrupt.

He's probably not interested.

Also gotta love that Bendis took the good relationship Starlord and his dad had and turned it into "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME DAD!"

What does he even mean by that? Continuity is too hard for him and he gives up without even trying?

>DNA failed to produce interest

Wasn't he responsible for modern guardians in the first place? Why won't they give him back the book? Did he screw up a story or something?

What I want to know is when people will do something with the annihilators. They had like one mini and then nothing and they were so cool. They even had space knights and a successor to ROM called Icon.

When will we get more space Knights? When will worldmind finish regenerating so we can have Nova Corps? I want the space knights and. Nova Corp to team up to police the universe.

They gave Abnett GotG 3000, and it sold as well as all the other cosmic books: horribly. After that, Abnett signed a DC exclusive contract.
It really makes you wonder what's going on when one of the guys who wrote the source material for a movie that made nearly a billion dollars can't make a comic sell.
Also,
>When will worldmind finish regenerating so we can have Nova Corps?
Never. Marvel will never allow that

>Why won't they give him back the book?
First off, DnA is two people. Dan Abnett and Andy Landing. Shortly after the movie came out, Abnett and Landing had a huge falling out, and now hate each other and have openly stated that they will never work together again.

Marvel gave Abnett a Guardians book called Guardians 3000 pre-Secret Wars. It bombed. They gave him a GotG comic during Secret Wars called Korvac Saga. It bombed. Then they gave him yet another Guardians book post-Secret Wars called Guardians of Infinity. It bombed.

And then after GoI was cancelled, Abnett signed a DC exclusive. Lanning on the other hand doesn't seem to have any interest in writing Big 2 comics anymore and is sticking to prose novels.

>Wasn't he responsible for modern guardians in the first place?
That was Giffen, who everyone forgets for some reason.

They've hated each since before the movie. It's been that way for them since around 2010.

How does it bomb but bendis sell? even if i knew nothing about the characters it's still shitty.

Bendis's book has all the characters from the movie on the cover.

>even (...) original GotG writer Dan Abnett failed to generate interest in the franchise like Marvel wants.
Let's see:
He wrote Guardians 3000, a really enjoyable book, that had little marketing, none of the characters people were interested in and it was from the get-go doomed to a short run because Secret Wars blew up the multiverse regardless of book quality.
Then he wrote a decent mini series within secret wars, but who gives a damn about those anyways.

And then he started writing Guardians of Infinity - a book where he got 2/3rds of a regular issue once a month to tell his own story, while some other idiot took up the other half of the book with some irrelevant short story. Add the fact that in a struggle for relevancy Abnett felt compelled to try and pander to both movie goers and his own Guardians fans and you end up with a book that's a bit of a mess on top of being way too short.
Now slap a 5$ price tag on it and there you have Abnett going DC exclusive.

Is that really all to takes morons to get a shot comic book?

>Wasn't he responsible for modern guardians in the first place? Why won't they give him back the book? Did he screw up a story or something?
no, DnA Guardians sold like shit, it only gets recognition now because of word of mouth, besides, Marvel doesn't care about quality, they care about sales

I also imagine a lot of casuals started reading Bendis's shit right before the movie came out so they could seem like they weren't bandwagonners.

Pretty much. Guardians 3000 used the OG Guardians. Korvac Saga also used the OG Guardians. Guardians of Infinity used Drax, Rocket, Groot, some OG Guardians, and some OC Guardians.

The people that didn't start reading Guardians until after the movie made them popular have no reason to give a fuck about Abnett's books purely on name alone, and his books don't use the movie rosters so that's doubly so.

As for the people that liked the Guardians before the movie and kept saying that they would buy any book that Abnett/Lanning wrote, well, their GotG run was never a very high seller in the first place and many of those people, waddya know, were lieing about saying they would buy any book by them.

Basically, if something has a movie and Marvel promotes said book above others then of course it's gonna sell. Especially if said characters are recognizable, like how they changed Quill to his movie design costume-wise.

I would have before bendis but that moron singlehandly defilied x-man and cosmic marvel and i'm never buying from marvel after that.

OK, so don't be surprised that Bendis keeps being allowed to write Guardians when the people who said "I'd totally buy a non-Bendis Guardians book" proceed to not buy them.

I thought Quesada pushed him on the book to help book sales with the movie.

I don't think Bendis has wanted to write anything in ages.

Abnett also had Rocket and Groot aka the only characters that sell. And Drax as a bonus. Also, he had the rest of the team on the secondary stories and not even that helped him.

He had them only in infinity and they had to share the book with OG guardians.

Be dos wins because Bendis uses all the movie characters and baits fantastic four spider man and X men fans by using Flash Ben and Kitty.

He's a hack writer but the man knows how to play fans and casuals to make the big bucks. That's why he's one of Marvels alpha dogs like it or not. He brings in the money and people buy and buy and buy.

it means people bitch because he didnt do enough research and he thinks its unfair to hold him to a standard that everyone else has to adhere to because hes jewish

both Kitty and Flash were on Infinity as well.