Congratulations, Disney intern! Now that Lord and Miller have left "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story"...

Congratulations, Disney intern! Now that Lord and Miller have left "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story", it is now YOUR job to find a replacement to finish shooting and probably handle the massive reshoots we have planned.

Who do you pick?

They're making a "Star Wars" movie, not a Star Wars movie.

The Cohen bros

Tommy Wiseau

Fuck the Han Solo movie.

Too bad Leonard died last year.

coens

Robert Rodriguez

Terence Davies.

This.

I'd pound Emilia Clarke's fat ass for weeks and not get anything done and be fired

Underrated

only real answer

wasitrape.jpg

Danny Boyle and Michael Bay as co-directors

Lucas would never make these stupid anthology films dude. He believed in leaving few questions answered. Lucas would consider it a disservice to the character.

Me. These movies don't NEED a director, at this point it's just a formality for Disney and idiots like Lord, Miller and Edgar Wright need to catch on that they're not being hired to actually work.

I'll probably never be able to use the credit to negotiate a future project, but at least I'll get paid.

>. He believed in leaving few questions answered.

the nigga signed off on EU being canon

Nolan

He can deal with the grandoisity of the series but also make the movie something more than a Disney flick

Bingo. This is the right answer. The point of being the director of one of these zombie Star Wars flicks is to make it appear as though *someone* directed it.

>make the movie something more than a Disney flick
Why would they want that? They've hired these guys because they were about to do that, why would the hire someone else to make the same mistake? See and .

Just film that, it'd be better than the Han Solo movie is going to be.

They've *fired, I meant to say.

I wish next star wars movie would be more memorable. I mean, sure, Episode VII was a better movie than prequel trilogy but the universe felt really boring. The took some creative risks in direction of rogue one but it was still your generic 201X sci-fi movie #2414193. At least in original trilogy we had some unique character designs and interesting setpieces.

It's the same kind of problem I have with Dark Souls 3. Objectively a better game, but if I would like to replay one of DS games, I would go for Dark Souls 2, just because the world is unique and interesting to revisit. DS3 is just bland cathedrals and grimdark dungeons and shit. Same with Star Wars - Episode VII is not memorable at all, it's just a big rehash, I would much rather have messy nonsense that tried to pull of something new. I don't think Disney would allow that to happen (maybe that's a good thing - not for me though)

>He believed in leaving few questions answered.
HAHAHAHHAHA.
C3PO - I am your Father. - Darth Vader
Storm Troopers I am your Father - Boba Fett.
Annikinn I'm -hee-hee- your Father! - Sheev

>At least in prequel trilogy we had some unique character designs and interesting setpieces.
fix

It seems clear that they're basically just going to be repeating beats from the original trilogy and making sidebar movies with fanfiction premises. The Star Wars universe is now a closed system. Nobody will add anything substantive to what Lucas and his collaborators imagined.

Fpbp

Close the thread, mod. Problem solved.

Uhm, not how Sup Forums works sweetie.

>mfw didn't know this was a thing until now
in my defense i've never watched game of thrones

David Fincher if he isn't deep into pre-production on World War Z 2.

Hell, at this point it'd probably be cheaper and wiser to start completely over and cannibalize scenes from what you currently got

Why not use the guy who played young han solo in age of adeline

>if he had directed Return of the Jedi

Does anyone with half a brain actually want to see this? Not only is this movie painfully unnessesary and has some shit casting, but wasn't part of what made Han likable was his unknown past? Not to mention being just being a cool rogue he has nothing to offer that is interesting

Disney shills, most of generation edge and some of generation millennial will.

It's kind of sad, hoping these movies just let lose into hard-sci-fi fan fiction territory but so far it's just safe zombie star wars

>movies with 2 directors

well i mean despite all of that the han solo trilogy was a enjoyable. so yes? just because someone isn't needed doesn't mean it shouldn't be made. a back story of indiana jones wasn't needed but some of the episodes of young indiana jones were pretty decent.

Han Solo had a backstory though. Is he still an imp pilot that bonds with captive chewy and decides to betray the imps?

Dune was a hit and miss, how Return of the Jedi would be any good?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a original story from a Star Wars universe directed by Sam, just imagine the potential

>Sam Raimi directing an encounter with Han and the sand people
Jesus Christ

Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof because fuck humanity

I would unironically like to see their version of Star Wars.

Save him for the Revan movie.

Whoever did Dredd.

They sure want the fucker responsible for DC disasters.

Because even he knew the only stuff that mattered was what's in the movies

This would be kino

dear god

that would be amazing

all these literally who's and Woody Harrelson.

This film needs a female director.

A man with taste I see

We can't have him, now it's a different time in space

I won't see it at the cinema for sure, but I guess eventually morbid curiosity will get to me and I'll torrent it.

Fuck Disney, they should leave Han Solo alone.

Oh yes, I so want another video game cutscene the movie.

Fuck off.

He's certainly available.

t.jew jew

han solo's character is about to be butt raped.

Star wars = cancer culture.

Han solo is not part of the empire surely?. what a shitty back story idea.

lucas was okay with the holiday special being released.

It would be on par with, or even greater than Empire Strikes Back.

Spend millions of dollars trying to bring irvin kershner back to life.

ep5
ep4
ep3
ep1
holiday special
ewoks1
ewoks2
ep2
ep3

the only true canon order that we can all agree on.

will maz be in this piece of shit flick?

NWR
I'd also sack the cast, get goose as Han and Mads as the antagonist
Tell him the film can't be less than 4 hours long

David Lynch. But as he doesn't do it, Paul Verhoven with a promise to use as much gore he wants, but only to have it cut out.

Lynche's Star Wars would be a similar miss, as the studio would interfere hard. Back in the day Lynch directed Dune, Dine De Laurentiis had to interfere hard when Lynch was using valuable time, rephrasing De Laurentiis here, filming extreme closeup reaction shots of the actors faces, instead of doing anything epic.

George Miller

Fuck it, i'll just do it myself. How hard could it be? How much worse could the state of franchise possibly become?

It would have been kino.

Based on the casting this looks fucking awful.

burn star wars burn

He turned down directing the sequel to Best Wars, why would he say yes now? I mean, watching Chewbacca sweep a cantina floor for 38 minutes would be the definition of Kino, but it will never happen.

mando wars and revan fall movie/tv show when?

and you fucking better have lots of kreiaarren kae in it

He may have allowed every cantina patron to get a shit backstory in novels, but he never considered it canon.

Also- why were you in Star Wars, Satan?

Not a bad choice honestly, they would make a great Star Wars film.

>Pay Tony Gilroy a million dollars to fix the mess like they did the last time