Is Marvel putting out anything worth reading at present?

Is Marvel putting out anything worth reading at present?

Are there any decent X-books right now?

X-Books are not worth it right now. Marvel does have some pretty good stuff coming out tho. Nighthawk, Darth Vader, Gwenpool, Doctor Strange are all worth at least checking out a couple issues.

>Is Marvel putting out anything worth reading at present?
Vision!!!! (best ongoing)
Hulk
Karnak
Deadpool
Daredevil
Ms. Marvel
Gwenpool
Contest of Champions
Hyperion
Nighthawk

All worth a look.

>Are there any decent X-books right now?
Hahahahahah no

Vision is great and done really well. New Avengers is fun.

Alright, will do. I don't think I've ever even heard of Nighthawk, and I've never read Doctor Strange. Are they both okay places to start reading about those characters?
What's a Karnak?
Thanks. I'll check them out.

Sure:
>Vision
>Moon Knight
>New Avengers
>Ultimates
>Contest of Champions (RIP)
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Gwenpool
>Ms. Marvel
>Karnak
>Uncanny Avengers (first arc is pretty weak though)
>Squadron Supreme
>Nighthawk

>Are there any decent X-books right now?
Uhh... Old Man Logan is alright. Uncanny X-men is good but is saddled with Greg Land on art for half the issues.

Yeah, Marvel's ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT thing they're doing makes getting into a character's new series easy. You'll be fine.

>What's a Karnak?
A flithy inhuman.

Hey now, Black Bolt still is, and always will be, a G.

>Vision
>Moon Knight

You might want to at least read the current Squadron Supreme run first before reading Nighthawk, since it's a spin-off book of it and explains what Nighthawk's current status quo is. It's pretty accessible for new readers though.

Dr. Strange is also accessible for new readers, although I personally think Strange's older books are SIGNIFICANTLY better and highly recommend just going back and reading them instead (specifically the Ditko run).

Karnak is one of the inhumans. His power is to see the flaw in all things.

Fuck. OP I forgot about Moon Knight.

>Karnak
>Vision
>ms marvel
>contest of champions
>Ultimates
>All new Inhumans
>Hyperion
>nighthawk
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Wolverine

Moon Knight
Carnage
Vision

Couldn't care less about Marvel continuity right now.

Should I read every Dr Strange book? Is there any 'bad' run?

>Couldn't care less about Marvel continuity right now.
Shared universes are, and have always been, cancer.

Uncanny X-Men is the best X-Book right now, which isn't saying much but it's pretty decent.

It's more of a Brotherhood book if anything.

>New Doctor Strange.
>They bring back freaking Monako just to kill him.

Despite Marvel desperately wanting x-fans to buy mcu comics instead and despite the editors intentionally saddling the books with a tired plot, the X-books are all passable.

I don't think there is anyone who will tell you the X-books, or any other Marvel books really, are lighting the world on fire though. The books are mostly trash, and the passable ones are JUST passable.

X-23 started out really good, but the editors/Perlmutter force shitty mcu guest stars in literally every issue after maybe the first 3 or 4. It's fucking ridiculous.

"SQUIRREL GIRL!!!1!1!!1!1! ZOMG SORANDUMB"

"HEY DR. STRANGE WELCOME TO MY COMIC DON'T YOU HAVE A MOVIE COMING?"

The 90s run is really hard to recommend since its a pretty big departure from standard Strange stories.

The Strange comics I'd recommend are:
>Ditko's run
>Englehart's run
>Dr. Strange: Into Shamballa
>Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom: Trials and Tribulations
>New Avengers Annual #1 (2014)
Also a lot of people recommend Dr. Strange: The Oath for new readers. Personally, I think just starting at the original Ditko run is better and that The Oath isn't all that great, but hey, everyone always recommends it so I guess it's worth checking out if you're a new reader.

Oh shit, I completely forgot to mention Carnage. Definitely read Carnage. It's the best book coming out of the Spider-man line, and a genuinely solid horror comic.

For the first time ever, I went to a comic store for Gwenpool. Actually three to get all four issues.

Its a lot of fun, soft art style, brightly colored, humorous, and knows when to turn up the seriousness without losing the overall hum of lighthearted fun.

Besides that, Deadpool v Gambit just started. The first issue is funny and I just can't wait for some more to come out of it.

>Squirrel Girl
>MCU guest star
????

You forgot Carnage and Spider-Man and Deadpool user.

It wouldn't be so bad if not for the moviefaggotry (muh rites too diznee) and if the people in charge were more creative.

"That's right! Our heroes are coming together again! And they will be divided like never before and the Marvel Universe will be shaken to the core.

Divided We...wait...have we used Stand already?"

This the most creatively bankrupt era ever. Marvel is taking laziness to new heights.

I didn't forget Deadpool. As for Spider-man I dropped it at Spider-verse and will absolutely not pick it back up again.
Carnage I haven't read. I know its retarded but might be more interested if it were not Cletus Kassidy. I'm just sick of every Carnage story not ending with the fucker not being executed on the spot. If it found a good way to hook me I would pick it up. *cough* Scorn. *cough* *cough*

I think he meant this.

He's not talking about Amazing Spider-man. He's talking about Kelly's Spider-man/Deadpool.

And it's great.

As for the Carnage ongoing, John Jameson and Eddie Brock are both in it if that's any draw.

>This the most creatively bankrupt era ever. Marvel is taking laziness to new heights.
You clearly were not here during the height of the speculator boom in the 90s.

See (nice get by the way) Spider-Man and Deadpool is easily one of the better Marvel books right now, right next to Carnage. Seriously, you should check them out.

Uncanny X-men is the least degenerate X-book atm.

Also: Carnage
Vision
Old man Logan
Uncanny Avengers
Hyperion
Moon Knight are all worth reading

>degenerate
Do you just mean poorly written, or do you mean something specific?

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations.

Oh. I'm already reading it but it hasn't really grabbed me so far.

Vision
Contest of Champions
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Ultimates

Nope. There were clearly more original ideas back then, even if those ideas came in poly bagged reflective 3d scratch-and - sniff covers.

old man logan is good, uncanny x-men is good, but sometimes it has Land art, and is more of a brotherhood of evil mutants-xforce team than a normal x men team.
Uncanny Avengers is algo good, not an x men team, but it has rogue, cable, quicksilver and deadpool.

as an x fan, I am much happier now than during the bendis years, even with the terigen mist plot.

First of all, there's no jumping on point in Uncanny Avengers right now, the best part is the long storythread about RedSkull and they're way past all the set-up for what they'll do sooner or later. You don't read the punchline without the joke.
(Bendis on X-Men was very underrated)
Uncanny is great X' if you love that SanFran/Utopia era, it doesn't feel like an X-Men book though. Storm's Extraordinary X-Men has been painful, I think it's just a matter of bad pacing but there's a wrong feel to reading it. All-New X-Men is just presented poorly, the stories aren't that great, the art is ho-hum, the characterizations are weak tries at best, but character-specific fans will still buy it, and Marvel knows it. Of the two Wolverines, I can only recommend Old-Man-Logan right now.
(poor Laura, she's in all the suck X-books)
I don't know why people can't see classic Wolverine in Old-Man', the book just reeks of those moody late '80s Wolverine runs. Good stuff as long as you can wrap your head around the is/isn't Logan thing.
GOD, HOW I MISS CYCLOPS!

Literally only Vision. Anyone that listed more than 3 titles tops is a Marveldrone and their opinions should automatically be disregarded.

>All new Inhumans

GTFO

You'll miss them after ... THE PURGING...

I'll have you know I'm specifically a Ewingfag

If Gillen had a hard-on for blacks instead of gays, he'd be Ewing

Vision
Ultimates
Carnage
Moon Knight

These are my favorite right now. Old Man Logan is also pretty good if you want to read an X-Men book. Also, I'm enjoying Black Widow for dat Samnee art (nothing special when it comes to the plot though).

>no mention of Nova ITT
REEEEEEEEEEEE

He meant the least poorly written. EXM is gross and AXM is completely irrelevant to anything.

>Extraordinary
Slow, clearly written for TBS and has no point in being published on floppies. Editors' hand is a bit heavy and the Terrigen Mist-thing is obnoxious.
If you can stand this Lemire managed to do a decent job and got really better when Apocalypse War started. Too bad the comic feels a bit on the missed opportunity side.
>All New
I believe it was shit, and wasn't totally wrong. But when you expect a complete clusterfuck and get something who once in a while seems pretty decent, things change. Don't read it, it's not worth your time, but it's not as shit as Sup Forums says.
>Uncanny
Imagine a mix between Remender's Uncanny X-Force with Bunn's Magneto. I really like it, even if sometimes it feels a bit stale, and the last issues weren't that good, strangely is the only title got worse when AW started.
>All New Wolverine
Do you watch Orphan Black? It's basically a rip off. Entertaining until the art changed.

I don't read Old Man Logan but I'll clearly do.

Kek to whoever says Hyperion is good, it's not.

Nova
Moon Knight
Vision
Gwenpool
Silk
Venom
Carnage
and I'm probably the only person in the world who likes Mockingbird

I did.
No regrets. Great fun.
Even the 90s shlock.

Vision is fucking amazing
Moon knight is good
Ms marvel is fun
Venom space knight has incredible art and is entertaining but nothing compared to his last series, it's basically symbiote crash nebula

>Venom space knight has incredible art and is entertaining but nothing compared to his last series, it's basically symbiote crash nebula
Don't forgot the Tau tanks. Also the original artist for this series left, highly likely never to return.

>it took 5 posts to mention Ultimates
YOU'RE SLIPPING Sup Forums

>and I'm probably the only person in the world who likes Mockingbird
The first two issues were great

But the third issue triggered Sup Forums so its been disavowed

The next issue looks cool though

What was wrong with it? I don't get it

Eh it's Morrison lite with a really stupid concept at its core "HEY WERE GONNA FUCK GALACTUS' SHIT WHICH HAS BEEN REPEATEDLY SHOWN TO BE INTEGRAL TO THE UNIVERSE THAT CAN'T GO WRONG"
Art is good though, I like Rocafort

nobody puts Galactus in a box

besides, they didn't kill him or turn him into a star which is the mistake others made

(You) are greedy, senpai.

The great unwashed masses can not understand true beauty when it's before them.
Such is Sup Forums.

>What's a Karnak?

Surprisingly not cancelled. But that's probably because it's constantly delayed. I expect the next issue to evaporate when touched due to how unlikely it is to still be existing.

The Universe died user. Its old rules died with it. We've been over this.
Plus all that shit was made up after Kirby. Who Ewing is taking direct inspiration from.
>It's Morrison lite
I'd say that's a point if it's favor.

>What's a Karnak?
nuttin tae fuck wit

>Karnak
Ellis shit. Worst work he has done in a while.
>Daredevil
Spike's mediocre garbage.
>Hyperion
Meh
>Nighthawk
Shit

I'd argue Karnak's the purest work he has done in a while.
He's Ellis' ideal superhero.

>Hyperion
>meh
It's literally Superman: Grounded done right.
Or best Superman in last ten years, whatever will get you more (You)s.

Just Vision.

Trying to be like someone doesn't earn you extra points, it's all in the execution. I'd say trying to ape someone much better than you will only expose your weaknesses.

>Or best Superman in last ten years
user Busiek's, Johns' and Morrison's run came out in Last 10 years. You seem to have short attention span.
It's such garbage. He's writing smug Ellis protagonist with pseudo philosophy and nihilistic sense of humor for the 1000th time. Book's solely carried by art.

Yup. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor. Consider the fact that he's bald and has a kickass beard and based Ellis is basically writing himself.

No.

>Book's solely carried by art.
Did it massively improve? because the first two issues had awful art.

>user Busiek's, Johns' and Morrison's run came out in Last 10 years. You seem to have short attention span.
I know that, you know that. You missed part about (You)s. People will bite, sadly.

I never thought of it that way. Fuck, I hate Ellis.

its all about fringe Spider characters these days (besides Miles, he's bland as toast) Silk, Carnage, Venom, Spidey, Nova(space Spidey)
their books are really good
just wish Web Warriors wasn't such absolute shit cuz it had the most potential for fun Exiles-esque antics

He's so trying to be Morrison but a Morrison for literally casuals.

Do people like Johns run more than Paks?

Pak wrote a retard Superman. Of course people like Johns. Specially Sup Forums because he gave us good Legion stories.

His first run? absolutely. The second one was on par with Pak's because Pak had better art.

No

I think people are speaking about his post Infinite crisis Superman run, which imo was the best post crisis Superman run by some distance.

literally just vision and its almost over, although the ewing books are readable and have a good issue now and then

>Hyperion

Did they dump the Tumblr self-insert character yet?

Sorry, famalam, I don't care how much you like to suck the BBC, I am not about to read Marvel's Minority Squad.