Workshop Thread

Workshop Thread

Show us what you're working on. Help somebody if you can, listen if you can't.

As long as the thread's up I'll try and help out.

Other urls found in this thread:

appleserum.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pSEHQydc-D4
youtube.com/watch?v=nqWZqQXk_Ao
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread seems a bit dead. Have some very quickly sketched /trash/

Posted this on other thread.
Wanted to see what you guys think since this is a improvement in arts thread.

how do i git gud at brush usage and shading?

I finally managed to get this character's design down, im very happy with how these sketches worked out

Work in Progress. Will probably be a while before I finish this.

Rate me please. I want copycat the wood engraving technique.

I feel like youve got a great texture base here, perhaps you could make it into a brush in photoshop? a lot of the woodcut 3d feeling comes from these sections running against another section that runs in a different direction, so you might want to do that.

Considered drawing the sesame seeds but decided that suicide wasn't the answer.

I did a sketch of Lincoln Loud a few days ago. I got a Lucy one I can post as well

>furries

I told you it was /trash/

im trying to create a new starlord universe, ill post more stuff

the story has somewhat came suprisnly simple to me, but the hard part is sitting down and actually getting work done.

love this, keep it coming dude

Hi guys, here is my latest piece.

Be good and keep studying. Here to help in a few hours.

thats so dope user, freaking love her

Took my A6 size sketchbook to work, did a bit of fuckin around.

I'm doing color tests.

1/3

3/3

Anyone has tips on how to do action lines like this?

I use a brush, or a marker.

Brush is for areas where there's a lot of black.

Cont.

The marker has a solid tip which doesn't move, so I use it for lines like these.

To each his cuisine tho.

while you may have the idea this doesn't look good, here are your mistakes:
>engraving lines tend to be consistent therefore they won's get thinner at the end of the stroke like a brush would, the would remain thicker, so I would recoment a differet tool from the one you are using
>the engraving usually follows the tri dimensional form you are trying to achieve and not only stright lines in just one direction
>try to work with multiple thickness of lines

Wow this is great
blog/website?

Draw many lines on a new layer, with your elbow and not your wrist
Repeat with narrow eraser tool

My friend is trying to get me into commission work for painting fantasy book covers. Problem is I don't have a portfolio of completed works. I'm going to get started on that today, but have no idea what to paint. How can I show the company I am a good artist for the job? You guys think some mock-up book covers for fake series would do well? Maybe new reiterations of existing book covers?

Thanks!

appleserum.tumblr.com/

You can do that by hand. If James Harren can, you can too.

youtube.com/watch?v=pSEHQydc-D4

Here's a design I gave up because I couldn't make it clean enough.

working on a Danny Phantom head shot

Not bad

bumping with a BOOM
youtube.com/watch?v=nqWZqQXk_Ao

Just meat and potatoes anatomy stuff. I'm trying to wean myself off of the comfortable now that I have some control back, next session will be organizing all the bits into a physical head.

I'm not the biggest fan of the style, but you do it pretty much perfectly. The line work is super clean but just dirty enough to have character, same thing with the color. You know how to use staging really well to control focus. So except for differences in taste, I really have nothing to offer. I'll have to look at more of your stuff.

Trying out a bunch of new styles lately and I kinda like this one

Coloring is pretty but you seriously need to work on your anatomy, proportions and construction. Face is lopsided, arms are too long, legs are too short, and torso is too skinny.

Do a horizontal flip on the picture. Sorry ahead of time.

Nah It's cool man I'm just getting used to digital and want some advice

did a new sketch today, can do a million times better but whatever

I used the beginning of the neck as a reference, because the nose bridge wasn't easily relative to any of the boundaries of the paper. I was scared that if I started there, I'd make a mistake and end up needing to go off the paper.