So how does he have the power to run into dreams?

So how does he have the power to run into dreams?

MOTHERFUCKING SPEEDFORCE
DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN SHIT

SPEEDFORCE NIGGA

YOU DARE QUESTION THE POWER OF THE MOTHERFUCKING SPEEDFORCE?!

Well known cheat code. Just google "SpeedForce".

>Bruce spends years of his life hating on Superman and wanting to murder him with his own hands
>even has a vision of some stranger from the future telling him that he's right about Superman
>completely changes his mind on him because his mother has the same name as his

This might be the dumbest fucking movie in existence.

where did Zemo get a rubber bucky mask?

here is your (you)

>years
It's like two years tops user.

no you see Flash in Snyder's world is like Merlin, he exists throughout time, has great prophecy and must guide 'King Arthur' into arranging the 'Round Table.' in Excalibur Merlin appears to Arthur in 'the land of dreams' for one final parting before the final battle. you see Snyder knows about this kind of stuff, you might not get it kiddo but us scholars pick up on it right away

>hear "you're killing martha"
>ptsd flashbacks to your mother's death
>in your mindbroken state, wonder, hope against hope, that maybe Superman saved your mother somehow and that she's still alive
>"it's his mother's name"
>whoa, wait a second, I'm about to just kill this normal dude with a mom and everything

It actually makes perfect sense until you remember how many fucking people he killed in that movie, including immediately after not killing Superman.

SPEEDFORCE BITCH

18 months since MoS events

Yes.
>the flash can vibrate between dimensional walls
>the dreaming is an actual place in the DC universe
>the flash ran into the dreaming to deliver the message to Bruce.

>whoa, wait a second, I'm about to just kill this normal dude with a mom and everything

Woah wait a second there buddy. Did you just say that Superman was a normal dude? Did you even watch the movie? The majority of it is devoted to them saying "Superman is not a normal man, society cannot understand him, he is beyond the human race and we need to figure out how to deal with this."

Jesus christ buddy... that might be the worst argument for this I've heard yet.

>y-you just weren't smart enough to get it

This meme isn't funny anymore

It wasn't a dream though

why does flash have a goatee and dress like master chief

The Flash was targeting Bruce Wayne to time travel to.
Aftereffect of that is Bruce's brain merging with his future brain and experiencing his future self's death.

Their has been outrage in confusion about Flash time traveling into a dream. But is this in fact the most realistic depiction of time travel ever on screen? Time exists in the metaphysical realm. The classical depiction of physical time transportation is being discounted in favor of portraying a more realistic ethereal perhaps spiritual destination.

Go back in the Bible, how at many moments, angels appeared to prophets and saviors and told them what events or battles would unfold. How armies would be demolished, and enemies smited. Zack Snyder is saying those those extraterrestial visits were not predictions of all-knowing being, they were acts of time travel before time travel was conceptualized.

It kind of was.

It's like... you know when you wake up and then hit the snooze and end up in that really shallow sleep state for like fifteen minutes and have a super-realistic dream that you swear is your normal routine after getting out of bed, until your leg jerks and you're awake for real?

Or am I the only one who gets those.

It might be the Excalibur references that triggered me the most in BvS, because it made me realise how much Snyder has wanted to be John Boorman his entire carer. He's spent all his time since 300 trying to make his own version of Excalibur, a big visual-focused epic heavy on the symbolism and light on traditional narrative or character arcs.

Except Excalibur is a masterpiece and Snyder can go fuck himself.

You did manage to make a movie on the same level as John Boorman though, Snyder. You made the Exorcist 2 of superhero movies, so that must be a comforting thought.

that part wasn't a dream, see the piece of paper still lying on the floor after that scene

That episode where Tina enters Barry's nightmare and becomes a bad girl

HNNNGG

But we see the papers flying around in the background when Bruce "wakes up"
>Knightmare sequence
>Bruce wakes and Flash shows up
>Bruce "wakes up" for real

If it's on the map, he can run there

shieeeet

Barry cucked Ollie?

I think the reason shit like this triggers me is that it's Snyder in particular and WB in general saying they have no faith in the characters or their eighty years worth of history. That they can't make Superman or Batman or Flash work; they have to use them as skins for entirely different characters and even archetypes.

Fuck that. I don't go to a movie called Batman vs Superman to see Arthur vs Jesus. Most people don't.

>in your mindbroken state, wonder, hope against hope, that maybe Superman saved your mother somehow and that she's still alive
The delusions you fools cite to defend this movie are baffling.

This is why nobody takes comics seriously.

Snyder's work isn't even on par with Zardoz

Just seeing that image always makes me laugh

>references mean the story is good
You failed screenwriting if you even went to film school

It might be neat if they tie this into the Sandman movie they're making.

I still don't ever want to see a live-action Sandman movie, but if they're doing it, may as well.

So you're saying that the Flash is an angel?

But Superman is Jesus you know, in Man of Steel there's this incredible scene at a church with...

>the sandman movie isn't about Wes and Dian
Oh ok;_;

The thing is I'm actually okay with that in theory. These characters are archetypes and symbols, you should be able to stretch and bend them to serve your narrative needs. I'm fine with the idea of someone making a story about a rage-choked older Batman who's abandoned any real sense of his code due to the tragedy in his life and a Superman crushed by the weight the world has put on his shoulders.

But concepts aren't enough, and Snyder pissed away the execution into 2 hours of people having dull, meaningless Philosophy 101 discussions and a final half-hour of pure garbage schlock action that I couldn't possibly give a flying fuck about.

At least when Boorman lost his marbles, we got interesting films out of him.

Snyder isn't even interestingly bad at this point.

Snyder didn't go to film school, he went to film

Now THAT would be cool.

I still need to get around to reading Mystery Theatre, of course.

No. But I've had prophetic dreams.

Or at least moments where I'm doing a thing that I'm pretty damn sure I had a dream about.

I'm more pissed that the only person to give Excalibur its due and acknowledge it from the depths of obscurity in all these years is a hack like Snyder.

Underrated post.

The be fair, this was 'Batman gets Triggerd: The Movie'

Luther intentionally triggers Batman in order to set off the plot.

Clark accidentally triggers Batman in order to resolve the plot.

It was shit, but he isn't technically wrong.

Shit, mang. That's dope as hell. Or heaven.

the point was that barman was turning into the same kind of monster that murdered his parents, that's why he was so triggered by the name and specially when lois told her it was his mom.

your failure of a lesbian ass wouldn't get it

>>completely changes his mind on him because his mother has the same name as his

When Superman says "he's got her hostage" and save Martha he was shocked, Louis revealing that Martha is Superman's mother made Batman realize he was rused into fighting Superman. If you follow the chain of dialogue it's not hard to understand, try turning on your brain and not zoning out for a second.

Because he is my negro and I allow him to transverse my realm as he pleases.

They also get the scene wrong, the important thing there is that Martha was the last thing Tomhas said before dying putting Batman in the role of Chill in that situation, not that they share the same name

but eh, this is a movie for casuals anyway

This nigga gets it.

>inb4 grasping for straws

I talked about this in the "Dream line up thread" where I thought it would be interesting to view some of the mutant's powers in the supernatural/metaphysical spectrum. I mean, mutants and superheroes are humans so if they could astral project or see auras or whatever on top of their particular mutantness, imagine what they could do. Why are superheroes either psychic or not when normal humans are varying degrees of psychic even if they don't know. MAybe flash is unconsciously a bit psychic so in addition to moving into the past because of speed force he winded up in his dream because of psychic waves.

This is something that comics should explore. Its like a whole new world for comics and would be really cool is fleshed out slowly instead of one two-page "This is what you guys look like to my eyes" bullshit squandary that marvel and DC are so good at.

Ezra could have been a good Morpheus

meant to

>Zack Snyder is saying those those extraterrestial visits were not predictions of all-knowing being, they were acts of time travel before time travel was conceptualized.
If that's true then Zack is retarded.

Damn nigga. Ok then.

This is dope.

>shows up out of nowhere the moment Lois is in danger
>has to get Batman to save his mom

Also, the fact that Ma Kent is the only thing keeping Superman from being a tyrant kind of validates all of Batman's paranoia about him.

Yeah but Aquaman's King Arthur. Explain that!

This

What's the transparent bubble opposite Nil supposed to be?

See the problem with this argument is that you can turn Superman into a meth addicted jazz critic with no superpowers and there's gonna be that one fuck that goes "YOU JUST DON'T GET THE SYMBOLISM"

You can doll it up as much as you want, but there IS a point where it goes from bending to breaking. All people have done is they've convinced me that Excalibur is maybe worth seeing; not that BvS was/is.

Got to sleep Morphy. You're dead

>All people have done is they've convinced me that Excalibur is maybe worth seeing

It's the best piece of Arthurian live-action media ever made. Better then all the other movies and TV shows, it's just fantastical and weird and awesome.

And it's dripping with gorgeous colors, so I guess Snyder ignored that part when he decided to make his "homage."

>>completely changes his mind on him because his mother has the same name as his
No, realizing that superman had a family that he loved was what made him change his mind. Batman thought superman was an alien posing as god. He didn't realize that Superman was a man like him.

>The majority of it is devoted to them saying "Superman is not a normal man, society cannot understand him, he is beyond the human race and we need to figure out how to deal with this."
I am absolutely triggered by this. Morally, superman was raised as a normal guy, and he just wanted to do good with the powers he found out he had.

I could see that

That's the whole point of that scene. Superman begging for his mothers life instead of his own in that moment made Batman realize:
>Holy shit, that's very human;maybe he's more that some cold distant alien asshole!

Which Batman needed to discover by beating the piss out of Superman and dragging a fucking spear across his face like a sociopathic serial killer, instead of just having a conversation with him.

This story only works if everyone in the context of the story is a fucking moron and no-one talks to anyone else for more then five seconds. You can claim all you want that it somehow makes the story more "real" because that's how actual people function, but Snyder doesn't get to make Bruce a aging samurai super-badass and a depressed lunatic barely holding onto his last shreds of sanity at the same time.

>let's sit at this table and talk out our differences
are you some kinda pussy son?

Suck my cock.

Shit user, you're right.

>YOU'RE NOT GOOD, MEN ARE GOOD

Better?

>but Snyder doesn't get to make Bruce a aging samurai super-badass and a depressed lunatic barely holding onto his last shreds of sanity at the same time.
It worked for Frank Miller

thank you for being on of the minority that arent fucking retarded about this movie. so many sperglords on this goddamn website are just lemmings looking to hate on the next thing together so they can circlejerk

>SPEEDFORCE MASTER
>EXPLAINING ANYTHING HE DOES IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE

But dreams are outside the speed force wall.

Except that was a different world. Miller wasn't trying to make anything "realistic" in the way Snyder tries to, it basically functioned in a Robocop universe where everything as pushed to satirical levels to better inform the themes.

Snyder(or Terrio, most likely) seemed to want to explore a real-ish idea of Batman being wracked with PTSD and guilt, but they also wanted masturbatory power fantasy bullshit of Batman punching 20 people into dust and giving him awful one-liners.

That straight-up doesn't work in a "real" world like the one Snyder gave us. You can't use fucking 9/11 imagery at the same time as you're showing Bruce driving his SUV through the falling buildings like he's goddamn James Bond, Snyder can't stop sucking Batman's cock long enough to ever let the drama soak in.

I'll admit, I've been reading DC for a while, and SPEED FORCE still kind of bothers me.

Mostly because it gets used a lot as a catch-all when you run out of creative ideas on how to do something. Just add speed force.

>This is something that comics should explore.

I agree user but this is a central theme in MY cape comic universe I'm writing/drawing to draw/trying to make a game out of. I like psychic/psionic powers a lot and it's explored deeply.

For example since I posted Dream above, my universe has something like the Endless but they are psychic beings mankind created subconciously so they could consciously communicate with certain parts of the universe. This is an atheistic universe too so it's not "a consciousness created the universe" it's "the universe is trying to give itself consciousness, one evolutionary tiny step at a time."

Also, I believe I have psychic powers. Not anything crazy, but it's always happened before childhood that I think about something right before it happens. Or dream about someone I haven't seen in a long time and then see them that day when I wake up. I don't think I experience time linearly or something. Either that or I just read so many comics I just have these ideas stuck in my head. But the seeing the future thing has always been something, even friends and family notice it. I don't SEE the future, I just get normal thoughts or feelings, more like feeling the emotion or response before the event happens. Like feeling really sad for no reason and then two days later a friend dies.

I tell Sup Forums this since Sup Forums understands the concept of a multiverse. I think how it works physically is that, our electrons are moving like they found out in the electron-split experiment. They basically disappear and reappear all the time. So maybe they're going forwards or backwards in time or through different universes in the multiverse, and since our thoughts are just electrical signals and waves that form information, what's not to say these electrons bring back tidbits of information with them too?

Barry cuck everybody even reality.

I've read every Flash ongoing and I'm not sure why you'd think that's how it works.

It absolutely was not, and anyone who read Flashpoint would know that.

>Except that was a different world. Miller wasn't trying to make anything "realistic" in the way Snyder tries to
>Realistic
>In a world of Kryptonians and Amazons

>You can't use fucking 9/11 imagery at the same time as you're showing Bruce driving his SUV through the falling buildings like he's goddamn James Bond, Snyder can't stop sucking Batman's cock long enough to ever let the drama soak in.
>Ignoring all the Cold War parts of DKR

there's nothing to get it's just retarded for the sake being retarded.

Fuck Frank Miller. Fuck him up his ass!

at least someone here isn't retarded.

Sounds terrible, desu. Would read the first handful of pages. It might be popular though. I just hate a lot of stuff because its bullshit, like globe earth.

>Flasho
>Not Flush Man

It wasn't a dream. Flash fucking with the timelines caused a bleeding effect where Bruce from time A experiences Bruce's memories from time B.

Both JL: The Flashpoint Paradox and X-Men: DoFP show examples of this where the time displaced individual begin to have their memories overlap from the two timelines.

I still cannot fathom this costume. I get its irrelevant now because of MUH TIMELINE but why does he have armor?

>Reverse Flush
>Gorilla Clogg
>Craptain Cold
>The Stream Force

Steve Brule is that you?

Felicity hacked into his dreams

I had dreams about basically 6 months and another 3 years of my life condensed that happened in real life. Super intense precognitive dreams my own life from my own perspective, sometimes with context, generally without. I've given up talking to people about the fact that are is some very real psychic phenomena out there. I don't even give a fuck what other people think about it at this point. There are not only philosophical questions, but scientific questions that come into play. Sometimes I received information prior to it being possible for me to have that information, this violates causality. Sometimes I tried to prevent things from happening which actually made them happen, this makes you question that concept of freewill. Although I don't think precognitive dreams technically violate certain models of physics, so maybe the standard model is just incorrect or needs adjusting. IDK

I should really proofread before I post something.

No but if anyone has bullshit powers to make it work it's Barry

Should probably stop smoking meth too

You see that's why I don't tell people about it. Whenever I have the dreams that happen in real life, I'm sober and being healthy. Doing drugs like that makes it go away. Meth's a waste of time and money.