Will Civil War cause her to drink again

Will Civil War cause her to drink again

I would love to see modern Carol fall of the wagon. Does she even remember being an alcoholic?

It will cause me to drink again.

so how drunk does carol have to get in order to try and rape Kamala. than the next morning when she wakes and finds out she did have her way with kamala she has no regrets

I hope so.

Civil War II ends with Carol, Tony, and Hercules boozing it up.

Best end.

Nah, that's a flaw. Can't have that

>the cereal is named "GMO's"

that's amazing

She's going to run into Tony at an AA meeting during Civil War

Apparently the little girl she had retell her life to her was more thorough than I thought

I know your pain, friend.

Tony's already off the wagon, he "sacrificed" his sobriety to impress Odin during Fear Itself.
Granted, that was before the SecretWars3 reboot but he hasn't been that boring lately, so I think he's drinking these days.

Also: PLEASE Bendis, give Carol back her personality!

Can't like anyone who hurt Lockjaw.

Honestly, I think Carol has plenty of personality under Butters and plays well with the Alpha Flight crew. The problem is lots of other writers seem to be handling her with kid gloves, or ham hands.

If we want to talk about character assassination, then let's talk about Dave Abnett's run on Hercules who turned him into a sad-sack whose constant railing on alcohol is like being in an after-school special (and about as entertaining).

Whoremongering bisexual bragging drunkard Herc is the best Herc Hercules can be.

EXACTLY, THANK YOU!

Superior Iron Man was drinking a lot, I know he was inverted so it shouldn't count but still

>If we want to talk about character assassination, then let's talk about Dave Abnett's run on Hercules who turned him into a sad-sack whose constant railing on alcohol is like being in an after-school special (and about as entertaining).
It's seriously the worst

Even the Gods of War he's assembling for the CW2 arc look like a more boring rehash of the God Squad

She is okay as a serious butch haircut boss-lady with a sense of humor, but in her private life she has degenerated into a cat-lady.
I can't think of a worse Hell not run by The Dread Dormammu.
Come on... you know you're curious to see what drunk Carol would be like these days... we might even get to see her drunkenly flirt with Jessica...
You aren't tempted in the least?

nu-Carol is not the same as

Fuck off

I'd honestly be more on board with drunken sexytimes if it was with Abigail Brand, but maybe that's just because I find Jessica so fucking boring...

I gotta say it. You'd think with all the drunk superheroes, their fucking friends might try and support them or give them something else to do. I know alcoholism is hard and all, but it seems like they just drink because they're alone and shouldn't be.

this desu senpai

The green-haired furry with Nick Fury's personality? She probably still has fleas from dating the X-Men's Beast. Our girl can do better.

I'm aware he means non-alcoholic drinks for the two of them, but the framing and tone make it seem like he's dead serious.

Maybe the new Quasar is a lesbian, like Phyla.

Why did they even bother with a new Quasar?
I barely knew that the last one existed, and heroic struggles don't need cosmic powered win machines to make a good story.
How many of those do we have running around Marvel these days? 6? 7?
Also, Carol can always just go Binary for that extra oomph when the situation calls for it. Why have her make this big "I'm captain now" comeback if they aren't going to let her save the day herself more often?

oh he remembers! shit

Well of course, elephants never forget.

she represents women now. So no more fun, has to date black men and lead people and can do anything a man can do....

I miss old carol....

She's obviously into Carol, but she's also her direct subordinate. Perfect for some ill-advised drunk sex.

Black men can be fun. Rhodes is fun until the party went a little too far.

he deserved better than Carol

He was Tony Stark's apologist and she's superheroine hot and can have sex on the ceiling, he got more than he deserved.

What if she's just been secretly a functioning alcoholic this entire time? I think that would add to her character

First of all, there's no such thing as "functioning alcoholic", it's "high-functioning alcoholic" because you can never be 100% when intoxicated, as is the point of getting drunk. So no matter how well someone can keep it together they're still compromised.
And there's a pic posted here of what she's like with a drinking problem,

What if Civil War II was started by Tony Stark and Carol Danvers falling off the wagon and getting into a barroom brawl?

Carol was more fun than Rhodes. The ship is tumblr and feeding the trend of black and white couples. I feel like everything and everyone these days is making their love stories black and white. They do it to do it, with not thought of narrative or casting or anything.

Women can't have real world problems and weaknesses like men.

It legitimately only happened because a tumblr cosplayer asked KSD to do it.

When the fuck did Carol actually become a major player in the Avengers?

I mean in the books. Like she went from backbencher to the new supreme leader overnight and nobody even questioned it.

When Marvel realised they had sold the rights to every other female character to another studio and she was their only option left

I get that, but I mean in the story. It's like the Carol Corps; she's suddenly huge overnight and nobody explained how that happened.

She wasn't always like this - she's a plain-clothes civilian in Alias and nobody even bats an eye when they see her.

She was a major player in the Busiek era after she started her recovery.

Bendis doesn't give a shit about continuity.

Like Busiek and the Bendis? Brian Reed's run had Civil War tie ins so this push isn't that new

>She was a major player in the Busiek era after she started her recovery.
Interesting, thank you.

Did you all suffer so much brain damage from reading Sup Forums that you've forgotten how she was team leader of The Mighty Avengers?
THAT'S when she was promoted to be a major player.
This respectable rebrand was just to make her looks appropriate for her position within the Avengers.
They didn't give her a makeover and then try to make her more serious, she was already more serious.

Reed's run had her hiring a publicist and Dark Reign saw Osborn heavily push Ms. Marvel as a big-time hero (Carla was posing as Carol). It has some merit to it, but kinda just popped up in KSD's run without mention to the build up.

Honestly? I didn't read Avengers at the time and I shouldn't have been so critical in my tone. Apologies.

>I don't read the comics and I don't know what's happeneing so it's "Bendis doesn't care about continuity"

If they want Carol to be their IT girl, their go to lady super hero they should give her a non-powered b/f

I mean, Carol has the god damn worst history, backstory muddle multiple aliases she's the fucking worst choice, but treat her like spider-man, or hulk, give her a normal life outside of the world she is in now with a normal b/f. Idk....

Man I used to love Ms.Marvel, but fuck, they ruined this character.

Spiderman and HULK (?) are your examples of "normal" lives?
I'd take issue if you had just posted that Peter Parker's life is normal.

fuck that noise. fridge bait is never good.

she already has a largely non-powered supporting cast in her day job at Alpha Flight

EMH and her new series have the right idea, her being the connection between the cosmic world and the Earth. No dumb romance drama necessary.

Are you saying Peter and Bruce didn't have a normal life prior to their incident and don't struggle to balance life and relationship outside their alter-egos?

Modern Marvel would never do that to their new Superman figure.

I'm tired of all the white male characters losing their roles or becoming villains for this shit. Fucking learn to write better stories if you want to change things, this is retarded.

struggling to balance your commitments to your loved ones and running around in a mask and spandex/as a walking green bomb isn't normal no matter which way you cut it

She was more or less gone from comics for about 20 years following Avengers #200 where she was raped by her own son. Chris Claremont did some damage control on that story by killing off Marcus and returning Carol to earth where she lost her memory and powers to Rogue and then became empowered as Binary and left for the stars. She was only a bit player in the odd cosmic story since.

Kurt Busiek returned Carol to earth and she adopted her old costume and the codename Warbird in the opening arc of his Avengers run. This was after Heroes Reborn flopped and Marvel backpedaled and returned all those characters to 616. Carol wasn't one of them but she was one of the ex-avengers to respond to the call to reform the team and ended up caught in Morgan le Fay's plot to rewrite history, and she decided to stay on earth after. This was also the run that revealed her alcoholism.

At the end of Busiek's run Carol had somewhat validated herself but also needed a change of pace so she left to become a security chief for the government. She had odd guest appearances since but didn't become a core player again until House of M. In the HoM reality warp Carol (as Ms Marvel, not Warbird) was one of the greatest superheroes of earth, and when everything returned to normal she remembered that and wanted to become that on the "real" earth as well. This kicked off her new solo book by Brian Reed and her becoming leader of Mighty Avengers, and she's been a mainstay since.

That was really informative. Thanks, wow.

Even with all the amazeballs stuff that they've done in that my fave scene is still the one where in a conversation with fellow energy-being post-human superhero Monica, Carol forgets why it's important to hold onto one's fleeting humanity.
Good stuff.

She got her shit together.
>overnight
Nigga there was a 50 issue ongoing about it.

>Will Civil War cause her to drink again

Civil War is causing me to drink again.

And then read eurocomics instead.

Which has been completely ignored since she was revamped into Captain Marvel

The only thing that's been referenced is the cat

There were 14 issues BEFORE the mindwipe, you realize.
You know. The ones where she actually decided to become Captain Marvel, weighed the importance of the legacy, etc..

Even after that not much changed, she was still the same character. The first arc after the mindwipe she disobeyed orders and started a war with the Spartax.

But then that shit with the cat being alien started and the whole thing went off the rails. At least the new series is good.

I noticed a marked difference personally. She felt wayyyyy blander. No "oh shit" moments to rival whatsoever. Even going Binary felt boring.
Now that I think about it, it reminds me of the old John Byrne problem: when you spend an arc deconstructing everything, you'd better damn well build something worth replacing it in the next one. I had far more fun exploring Captain Marvel history in the first volume than I did with the generic ayy lmao OC adventures of the second.
>At least the new series is good.
I'd wait another few hours before jinxing that...

No one even smokes anymore under Disney. You've never see another Demon in a Bottle level of story quality from the house of old ideas.

Doubt it
They want females to be the superior gender so giving them a weakness to something doesn't fit their narrative
It's possible she'll be tempted to drink, but she'd most definitely be "too strong" to give in to her weakness and she can continue being the poster girl Marvel

I'd find that odd desu

test

The alcoholism has been replaced by coffee addiction.

>I'd wait another few hours before jinxing that...
'Twas pretty good. Groundwork, to be sure, but the Gages have a good handle on ButtersCarol. And hey, Gyrich is back.

CONFOUND THIS CIVIL WAR

Can't happen again. She's the strong feminist icon, which means any flaws she has have to be the kind of flaws you nonbrag about in job interviews, like "I work too hard" or "I care too much." She will never be a flawed, human character again unless the flaw is that she's "too human."

>In the HoM reality warp Carol (as Ms Marvel, not Warbird) was one of the greatest superheroes of earth, and when everything returned to normal she remembered that and wanted to become that on the "real" earth as well.

So, she's like, the only person to actually get something positive from House of M?

Logan got all his memories back. That was a big net gain for him.

> She drunkenly bends Kamala over, pulls her pants down and pegs the little brown cutie deep and hard, triumphantly raising her fist as she twat-hammers the petite Muslim crumpet.

> The next day Kamala arrives at Carol's place...

"C-Can I have m-more pleasw, C-Carol?"

>And hey, Gyrich is back.
JINXED IT JINXED IT JINXED IT

A bloo bloo bloo!!!

More EMH-SWORD is always welcome in my book.

But Carol is dead user, only "Captain Marvel" exists now...

>Demon in a Bottle level of story quality

Alcoholism and genocide fall under too human, easy.

Yeah the experience got her to finally pull her finger out and reach for her potential.

Oh fuck off Michillinie/Layton Iron Man run is one of Marvel's GOATs, established everything we knew about the character before they just made him RDJman

Been making this argument ever since they changed her...no one is listening.

Heroes never die.

>he says 8 hours after user already admitted ignorance

Let's just forget KSD's alien cat fanfiction ever happened.

That didn't go so well the last time.

>eventually being a hothead literally became her power
It's the little things.

If I actually bothered to read entire thread's, I'd probably sound a lot smarter too.

you didn't even have to read the entire thread it was the only reply to his post

Which run of Captain Marvel is this?

That pic is awesome.

Why do you even think she's the same character anymore

This new one is flawless and bland

She looks like she has a terrible sinus infection.

I love classic Carol.

Modern Carol is a piece of bland crap.

Nah.