So at this point it looks like the leak about The Last Jedi is true...

So at this point it looks like the leak about The Last Jedi is true. It's the biggest narrative shift ever attempted in the whole series. Will this cause a irreparable schism in fans or will most people just accept it?

Other urls found in this thread:

screengeek.net/2017/06/06/star-wars-the-last-jedi-spoilers-leak/
imdb.com/list/ls055592025/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A FUCKING TREE!

>biggest narrative shift ever attempted
The way the leak describes it, Last Jedi sounds like a remake of Empire in the same way that Force Awakens was a remake of New Hope.

the tree shit is dumber than midichlorians

Except now the entire fucking saga is about reincarnating personifications of the light and dark sides and the Skywalkers are just a prelude.

r/startrek tier Star Trek fans seem to have mostly accepted JJ Trek despite the fact that it is a steaming pile of shit. So I expect that r/starwars tier Star Wars fans will accept TLJ pretty much no matter what sort of atrocity it turns out to be.

A FUCKING SPACE FANTASY MEANT TO SELL TOYS

THE FORCE IS FEMALE

quick rundown pls

>the origin of the Force is a sentient(?) tree
>the tree either creates or is found by a brother and sister
>the sister becomes the first Jedi and the brother the first Sith
>brother kills the sister
>Rey is a reincarnation of the sister
>Snoke is the brother who's spirit has been jumping to new bodies for millennia

pls no

the first JJ Trek film is good tho

That sound really cliche and boring.

dear lord

good thing I dropped this fucking series

Are you making this up? What the fuck?

This is a series killer. There's no mystery anymore

I wonder if it was a good choice to expand on the force or leave it more ambiguous.
The teaser alludes to Luke abandoning both sides and destroying the boundary between light and dark.
But this leak is kinda dumb, also it looks like no one in production heard about the Mary sue Rey criticisms.
on the bright side we're apparently gonna be getting these movies for 40+ years.
So if VIII is horrible then they can always retcon it or overwrite it in the future.

It was a decent action sci-fi flick but it didn't resemble Star Trek. Beyond was better.

You forgot the sloth thing and Anakin ghost
If this shit is true I'm never watching another Star Wars movie again

found it

screengeek.net/2017/06/06/star-wars-the-last-jedi-spoilers-leak/

That could work on some level, but only if

>That whole story is just made up to manipulate the hero into the savior role
>Said hero would be something more in the lines of Paul/Leto from Dune - created specifically for that role
>Question the morality of aritificial predestiantion.

At least he made his own timeline, left trek fans with a shred of intact lore. Basically he made a timeline that is essentially "it was all a dream".

Star Wars on the other hand... Fuck I kinda feel bad for it's fans.

sounds similar to that retarded plotline in legend of korra

That shit will never happen in these shit movies, they are too simple for that.

How is this anything like Empire?

millenials will love it.
old fags will hate it just as bad as the midichlorian shit in the prequels.

>Luke tells her she will be even more powerful than Yoda, and she says who? (this got some chuckles).

Its kind of sad she even needs to get weighed down by male Jedi who are either a joke (Luke) or a typical fucking white male (Vader).

Hopefully after this they are all dead so she can fight Phasma who is secretly force sensitive and they can make up and make Jedi female ONLY so they can actually do it this time.

>implying real fans havent boycotted newshit wars

helloooOOOOooo Disney kuk

This sounds like Naruto. Kill me.

Who gives a shit. We're in for prequel tier memes, sign me up senpai. Stop pretending like OT/PT was a masterpiece and take your nostalgia goggles off. SW was always a schlock with good effects

Good god, I knew JJ was gonna fuck up the canon but I never could've imagined it would've been this bad

Disney's new trilogy is destroying the fabric of Star Wars. Rogue One was okay, it being more gritty realism and the rebels being an effective grey faction was pretty good, but TFA was just a farce. Fanservice remake of ANH.

Expanded Universe 4 lyfe

The fucking Deku Tree?

>Zelda crossover confirmed! Snoke is Ganon!

>falling for script leak memes

Face it anons, we only know what to know when it comes out.

I really hope this is wrong.

The whole sloth thing is so unbelievable that I believe it and I hope I'm wrong

Star Wars already ripped off Dune enough. Let the rest of it stir in shit

What Square RPG from the 90s is this?

But there is a set photo of a guy in the suit on a beach. The sloth thing is what confirmed his leaks as true.

I guess they're trying to do a pseudo Adam and Eve thing here?

clone wars literally did this in 2006/ The Brother (dark side of the force) and the Sister (the light side of the force) Anakin had to prove he was the chosen one by stopping their enternal struggle with eachother.

I refuse to believe this.

>Luke discovers the "middle road" of the force, goes into hiding
>Trains and teaches Rey the new philosophy
>Tree man speaks with Rey and gives her super nature powers of middle-roadiness
>Jewish movie producers push political and social agendas onto audience like - global warming, one-world religion (new grey force energy), no good no evil everything relative buddhist philosophy, feminism, cuckolding (Rey dominating whoever her love interest may be), gay shit (that faggot mexican pilot), beastiality (incoming inter-species alien love), robotic civil rights (R2D2 and C3PO have gay wedding)

Fuck you Disney.

I wish they would stop with that reincarnation/chosen one shit. Nobody needed to tell us that Luke was special, nobody needed to tell us that Vader was special, their duel in RotJ was great because of their relationship, not because the fate of entire universe was depending on it. Emperor was just powerful and people accepted it as is, nobody needed to amp it up with some retarded plot device. It's just shit writing.
I wish they would stop fucking abusing "will of the force" for that matter.

What's so bad about this? Sounds kinda like Phillip Mann.

>robotic civil rights (R2D2 and C3PO have gay wedding)
the horror

None of it matters anyway. Anything post Lucas is non-canon anyway.

Star wars is dead. I liked the prequels , fight me about it.

Gerge lucas=star wars

Kateleyn political agendanny =pile of garbage fan fiction with hundreds of million budget

It's going to make over a billion $ no matter how much you hate it.

At least they are trying something. George did shit for 30 years then released pathetic rushed movies only babies liked.

If the force really comes from a tree and the light side is a woman and Dark a man I think fans will be split straight down the middle. I'll just be laughing that they ripped of Legend of Korra

>It's going to make over a billion $ no matter how much you hate it.

So

>At least they are trying something.

Literally ripping off Korra

You know you can just not watch the movie right? Nobody is forcing you.

100k people die from hunger every year. Over 15k people are murdered every year in USA. And you fags act like entire world revolves around fucking children movies.

>It's going to make over a billion $ no matter how much you hate it.

Yeah but if mass audiences hate it, and they could, it could kill the franchise forever. Why would Disney take a risk like this? TFA was boring but it was nothing compared to this dumb shit.

People still came back for Clones and Sith even after Phantom Menace took a giant creamy turd on the audience with Jar-Jar and midichlorians and all.

Not in 06. But when they did it it was cool because it related to Anakin's destiny and was ascended.

Plenty of people hated TFA. Plenty of people hated R1.

You are never going to satisfy everyone no matter what you did. They could make the best movie in history and shitloads of fags will still complain because there was not enough explosions or because Darth Maul didn't return.

When Empire first came out a lot of fans complained. And today it's only going to be worse because facebook or twitter exist.

This

>fucking children movies
IMDB Top 100 Greatest movies of all time
imdb.com/list/ls055592025/
Check number 20, would love to hear an explanation of how Star Wars isn't the most longstanding and lucrative movie franchise of all time. I have a job, comfort, money and security. I can spend my time discussing the abortion that is episode 7.

don't get the hate, if this shit would have been in the original trilogy, none of you wouldn't say a thing. there is litterally nothing wrong with this.

If you hate episode 7, doesn't that mean you also hate the original Star Wars? They are basically the same movie after all.

Take it easy!

>acting morally superior by spending your time on Sup Forums instead of helping to end those issues

Disney movies are better than Return of the Jedi and they were both incredibly well received. It's just that kids love being contrarian on the internet today.

Like seriously, nothing in VII was as bad as little teddy bears slaughtering elite stormtroopers or Boba Fett suicide by autism.

Nope. Nothing is stupider than Midichlorians and 90% of the plot of "The Phantom Menace".

Wrong

Google fallacy of relative privation

>force tree

Whatever. It's all made up bullshit anyway. As long as the movies good I won't care.

S T A R W A R S

Miss me yet

The Sabotage scene is the most reddit scene in all cinema

They are actually coming up with shit so retarded it makes midiclorians seem reasonable

>brother kills the sister
I thought it was the drugs.

>yfw they retcon this tree into being what the rebel symbol is modeled after

they have been retconing this symbol in every fucking game/comic/show/movie

That would be some great faux-shadowing

>the first JJ Trek film is good tho

No, it's not. It's not Star Trek. The third one is the first one that's Star Trek, and it did the worst.

>>the origin of the Force is a sentient(?) tree

Luke: I can't. It's too big.
Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
Luke: Yoda you dumb fuck don't you know the force comes from a tree? I know we used to think it was midichlorians but it's 3 ABY! We know better now! Also why don't you pull out you laser sword and teach me how to fly around like a pinball, I heard you were quite the ninja warrior back when.

Star Wars fans were never much to think about it question things

>Nobody is forcing you.
That's not how the force works

The scumbags who gave a free pass to Force Awkens will swallow anything. Guess what, the guys that were praising Phil and Lord yesterday are saying they're glad the director changed because know it' Ron Howard. They're gobshites, it's scary. It's like they're affiliated to a political party and will stand behind any candidate of that party.

The Last Jedi=Empire Strikes Back remake

Episode 9= Return of the Jedi remake

So what happens with Episode 10 and beyond? Remaking the prequels?

Star Wars is getting caught into the Dragon Ball vicious circle. They'll have to raise everyone's powerlevel after each movie to keep things interesting. No real struggles, just bigger clashes everytime

I bet episode 9 ends on a cliffhanger to allow Disney to drag that dead body a little further.

Star Wars : A Session at the Galactic Senate's Commission for Trade Deals and Taxes

lmao we naruto now

Gotta be honest. I'd love to see that, but only if they could bring themselves to do it without JarJar niggering it up in the senate.

What was Sheev's tax policy anyway?

No matter what happens, 99% of people will talk about it for a week and then forget about it

isnt that the plot of naruto?

What is the sloth thing people are talking about?

>Last Jedi sounds like a remake of Empire in the same way that Force Awakens was a remake of New Hope.

Or in other words, not at all? Having a desert planet and a big super-weapon doesn't make it a "remake" of ANH.

>also it looks like no one in production heard about the Mary sue Rey criticisms
Probably because those criticisms were drowned by the screams of bazinga tier fans rejoicing in her character and making fanart on instagram everyday.

jewjew abrams has nothing to do with TLJ, johnson has 100% goyim blood no homo

But Return of the Jedi was a remake of A New Hope.

It's almost like they've been running out of ideas from an early stage ...

>"Before the Jedi can leave Mortis, the Son takes Ahsoka captive in an attempt to entice Anakin into joining him to use their combined strength to overpower his Father and Sister. To this end, the Son casts Ahsoka under the spell of the dark side.

>Meanwhile, the Father attempts to stave off a disastrous showdown between his children and maintain the Force's increasingly precarious balance on the planet. Fearing that the Son may be unstoppable, the Daughter does the forbidden by taking Obi-Wan Kenobi to the Altar of Mortis, wherein is kept the Dagger of Mortis, a weapon capable of killing a Force wielder. The Son steals the weapon, and attempts to use it against his Father to steal his power and end his rule, but the Daughter sacrifices herself, placing herself in front of the blade. "

>Snoke is the brother
>Rey is the reincarnated sister

Poetry.

>Nobody is forcing you

( ͡◉ ͜c ͡◉)

All things considered ... nah.

> There is no light or dark
> the force is a spectrum

Go to bed George

>using buddihst philosophy to prove your point
Annd you fail in this go read some buddhist literature what you refer to is literally westernized buddhist canon, which does not encompass the majority of dharmic teaching