Hell and back thread

Did anyone watch this movie?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Srnhyw0us

Yes

it was ok

It bombed hard enough that it was taken off theaters not too much longer after its release

Huge waste of talent.

I'd say it was a detriment to all future stop motion films but that would mean more than a handful of people actually saw the damn thing.

Bob Belcher was a tree.

holy sheet i didn't even realize it was zzzzzzzz

That's what you get when you let nick swardson play the "cool" lead

Yeah.

It sucked.

I forgot this movie existed until i saw this thread

stopped somewhere around the middle, kept getting the feeling like it was trying to hard.

It was pretty shit, but it had good... actually it was just shit. Boring, uninspired shit.

I saw it. Not in theaters mind you, but I own it DVD. It was the worst ten dollars I ever spent. Its humor, and I use the term lightly, goes by so fast that you don't get any time to enjoy it. Imagine taking the worst parts of Family Guy, South Park, and Robot Chicken and put in a blender. That is what this movie is, blended shit.

But DAMN those titties are amazing!

Honestly, the thing had some good ideas. Some of Hell's aesthetic was pretty neat, the designs on the helper Demons weren't half-bad, Deema was cool (and I'm not just talking about her personality), and I will admit I'm kinda sad the thing didn't get a proper soundtrack, because I fucking loved Orpheous's number (or as I refer to it, "The Tree-Fucking Song").

However, the rest of the film is a montage of humor even South Park would find juvenile, with utterly atrocious and cliched writing, characters that are flat-out unlikable, and jokes that get utterly hammered into the audience's skulls to the point it becomes fucking annoying (see everything related to Orpheous and how he was raped by a tree, aside from The Tree-Fucking Song). Personally, there was potential in this movie for it to actually be good, but in order for it to actually freaking work, it'd require MASSIVE rewrites and people who don't assume that "dirty=funny."

Netflix kept recommending it to me so I gave it a try. There's not much to say about it that hasn't already been said, but honestly what killed it for me is not a single character is likable, except perhaps for the demon chick.

Waste of talent, waste of an R rating.

Art style and animation is nice, but the humor is shit.

Welcome to Hell

looks like shit.

Just watched it since i have Netflix this month and it was very Meh, kinda like a failed south park joke that went on far to long.

Mila Kunis was the only good thing about the movie. 4/10 for her alone

Someone should just redub the movie with better dialogue. It seems sad to waste that claymation.

I second this motion.

It is shit, user.

Why? Did people take their kids to an R rated movie?
I did. It felt like it was based on shock humor, as in, it relied on swears and violence rather than writing to be funny.
I feel like that one Seth Rogen animated movie is going to be similar.

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the movie. Could be done entirely.

There, the only reasons to ever watch this movie, other than to commit suicide in front of a camera so you can say your life was worth something - because you were the star of the world's most horrifying snuff film.

This. Its kinda the flick where Kunis shines and everyone else is written to the point I didn't care. It was pretty much background noise for me.

Though I enjoed hearing Dana Snyder's voice often.

Do we see nake stop motion titties?
cuz that shit's on netflix over here yo.

What a shame, the art direction isn't the worse and it looks like some artists put a lot of time into the film. Too bad it looks like the writing is pure shit.

You hit the nail on the head there, user.
You know how people say that adult comedy should be more than violence and swears? This did not make matters better.

Mila Kunis work in this movie is fantastic. There is also a guy who sounds exactly like Mr Peanutbutter.

Tried to finish, couldn't get past the first half or so.

Filled with pretty much every cliche in the book, and the main characters are all douches.

>Dead end job that they all hate
>Gotta save the dead end jobs that they all hate
>"hilarious" fat guy jokes
>Satan's a person too!

I think summed it up aptly, everything done in the movie was legitimately done better in South Park.

Pretty spot on, I felt the same way.

Kubo is the hero stop motion needs.

Saw it on netflix had a laugh nothing to write home about

Is her mother any good?

I did on Netflix, it was terrible

People saying this was shit probably are good at evading the really shitty movies, so when they see something mediocre they have no frame of reference and think it's terrible. Because mediocre is exactly what Hell and Back was. Competent voice acting, 1 joke/gag in 20 was good, the plot was nothing new or exciting but at least it made sense. Its worst sin was thinking vulgar automatically equals funny. No, guys, that's not how it works. You've got to make an effort.

It actually reminded me alot of El Superbeasto, just a bit worse in every regard.

if you got to Orpheus, you might have like him. Danny McBride makes most of his jokes work when a less talented voice actor probably wouldn't have.

How come almost every Western adult animation is pure grabage who's only selling point is swearing and sex?

It's fucking pathetic.

The writing was shit, but the talent that went into the effects and animation was really fantastic. It's a shame they had to tell such a lackluster story.

Can we get lewds of the girls please

The angel pole dance was the only good moment, and Orpheus macking on his daughter was the only good joke. Specifically the reconciliation time at the near end.

I love stop motion but this movie was...
just kinda boring.
It felt like a robot chicken sketch that stretched out for way to long or a nineties tv late night halloween special

Can honesty say that Panty & Stocking does this better. Really seemed that this angel was just phoning it in which could be said for this whole movie.

Yeah, it was pretty awful. The only scenes that made me laugh were when the two henchmen were coming up with new methods of torture, and when you meet the Rape Tree and his voice is John H Benjamin. The rest was awful.

Ehh, I disagree. The angel had an interesting twist to it. The over-the-top sexual nature of the pole dance with her almost clinical detachment and prudishness, and going to the big flash dance finale of her reforming her usual prudish robes was interesting. Also that she clearly goes commando while flying around in big flappy robes, then intentionally created a g-string just to tease while doing the pole work.