What are Sup Forums's opinions on Dune(1984)?

What are Sup Forums's opinions on Dune(1984)?

Misses the point of the book entirely and so it annoys me, despite me liking the art design and music. The movie itself is kinda boring.

what was Lynch smoking when he came up with the idea for heart plugs and weirding modules?

the secret is that it's the best possible adaptation of dune

the cat and rat contraption was funny

Sup Forums considers it patrician.

what the fuck is wrong with that pic

it's not bait, because there are some good movies there

But it can't be NOT bait right? what the fuck

It's not a patch on the book, but it's still the best Dune adaptation we're ever going to get. The TV version was cheap and couldn't match it, and any future movie version will be a bland blockbuster.

Not a faithful adaptation but you can't deny it has the air about it.

Also that guitar riff and Sting

>Starting a movie with a 10 minute long powerpoint

Absolute madman

As user said, its a shitty adaptation but still a good movie.

I'll defend the weirding modules forever as a smart idea, even though I hate them. Hear me out:
The Atreides army was trained to be just as good as the Sardaukar, maybe even better. So they needed a way to show this. In the movie universe, some of the reason the Atreides army was such good fighters was because Jessica had shared some Bene Gesserit fighting techniques, the "Weirding Way." So rather than trying to train all the Atreides soldiers as BG, they weaponized the most "cinematic" of the BG abilities, The Voice. The other BG abilities were much harder to show on screen without extended super close-ups. Looking at you, Yueh's sweaty mustache.
Weirding modules we're a way for Lynch to show the Weirding Way without having to train all the extras in some kind of martial arts, or choreographing the fight scenes to show the good guys as just a little bit better fighters than the Sardaukar.

Strangely one of my fav movies of all time.
I don't care how people say it doesn't follows the books.

And if anyone is making a new Dune movie, they better take notes about the costumes and sets from that movie, and work from those designs.

The stillsuits and especially the Baron were way more book-accurate in the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries.

>we will never get Jodorowsky's 10 hour Dune

JDIMSA

Are you sure it was Lynch's idea? It looks tacked on to me.

Reminder that the Fremen are basically Space Muslims

Not having hooded/cloaked stillsuits is almost a deal breaker for me.
No

masterpiece.

i love the interal mmonolouges

i love the set design

i love the lynchian feel

But isn't the Dune movie one of the few adaptations that followed the House colors from the books.

The banner colors of House Atreides in the books are green and black, and their symbol is a red hawk.
Where in the games and I think the miniseries aswell, they made the hawk blue

However then we got the banners colors for House Harkonnen in the books, which is orange, with a blue Griffin as thier emblem. And I don't recall seeing anything like that in the movie.
But they are red with a bull as thier emblem in the games, and they are also red in the miniseries (don't recall any emblems).

it's meant to troll people like you

the ornithopter is the worst design in the film yet it gets the most screen time of all the models.

also De Laurentiis edited the film so it really isnt a Lynch movie, its just a glimpse at what lynch had planned.
the ending is dumb tho, water kills sandworms and Paul becomes x-men tier unbelievable

This is the strongest non-bait bait