ITT: best part of shit movies

ITT: best part of shit movies

I'll start!
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc4Z4dAjQZo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ujQ-nMc0WGE
youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>We 'ave to get to the cheeeese, Gromit.

I just finished watching this. Why was Arlo such a dick? "Good" dinosaur? Hah.

imagine if they named this The Great Dinosaur, guaranteed 80-90% RT score

god, all the faces in this movie make me laugh so fucking hard. i can't get over how goofy they look in such a realistic environment.

youtube.com/watch?v=ujQ-nMc0WGE

Jesus fuck, what tone was this film going for with that scene? In another film it might work but fucking hell with those designs and the general feel of it, such a strangely dark scene seems a bit out of place.

>wizards
>shit movie
Shit their b8. Apply yourself

what the actual fucking hell

was this film some sort of sick pixar joke

I would like to see that movie in this style.

The whole movie actually has a bunch of really incongruously dark shit. It has some of the most realistic depictions of genuine traumatic horror and despair that I've ever seen portrayed on a little child's plasticine dinosaur toy.

holy shit.

and i thought protozootopia had bad ideas.

Disney's Dinosaur is pretty close actually, though it wasn't even as dark as this film.

This movie should have just been about people. It was a western odyssey that they had to jump through story hoops to justify because " guys what if dinosaurs was people and humans was dogs" aside from that though, I actually quite liked the movie. A boys journey through the frontier to get home. A creepy storm cult, ranchers struggling to fight off rustlers, crazy woods hermits... The story is solid. It just shouldn't have been dinosaurs for no real reason.

Why is it that the environments in that film are absolutely gorgeous. But the character design is awful and clashes with it completely.

...merchandise?

The story went through several rewrites, I believe the original had the dinosaurs in a more modern setting. It would still be 'dinosaurs are people and humans are dogs lol' but it'd be less strange and more obvious what they were doing if the dinosaurs lived in houses and shit, instead of doing vaguely civilized things like moving bison around while still shitting in the open fields.

Rango is intentionally ugly. Dinosaur was supposed to look good even if the design was not made to be cutesy.

This movie has a pretty obvious case of the Fuckits. Like they tried to make the world more realistic what with all the effort they put into the backgrounds, and making the dinosaurs live in a pre-agricultural society, but then couldn't figure out how to have the world make sense, and just compiled all of their concept art together before their deadline was up.

I don't know how widespread it was, but the store I work at couldn't sell any of this crap.

Do we know why the enviroments and backgrounds are realistic as shit and then the dinos look like cheap toys?

holy shit that was brutal

I want a dillon last ranger movie in this style

God damn that film was such a let down.

Having been given very low expectations going in, I thought it was actually alright. Somewhere between 6 or 7 out of 10. Nowhere near up to Pixar's usual standards, obviously, but there's much, much worse out there.

That said, if you watched it in a theater right away expecting Pixar, I'd see being crushed by it being only a little above mediocrity.

I could hate this movie for many reasons. My main one is that he takes the human away from other humans. Fuck you, you fucking animal. I'll kill you with a pointy stick, eat your flesh cooked over fire, and wear your skin to keep me warm at night.

Actually, speaking of carnivores, Arlo was pretty inconsistent about them. He freaked the fuck out over the scavengers scavenging a little fuzzy thing, but yet he's somehow perfectly fine with the t-rexes who were presumably eating those bison they herded, because they chummed around with him a bit. And Spot and the other humans wore animal skins, so they have to have slaughtered and cut up something at some point.

I mean, he reunites them at the end, over Spot's initial protests. Why do you hate character development?

A deliberate aesthetic contrast, like the Bones in Atheia.

The whole point of the movie was the concept of the asteroid not hitting Earth and so they evolved like humans did.

But that was the biggest waste of a premise I've ever seen.

It would have been an alright movie without involved dinosaurs. WITH dinosaurs, you get some amusing gags where a kid acts like a dog, and the action set pieces become substantially more interesting. A scrabbling battle with backwoods cultists becomes pitched aerial combat with monsters. Protecting some cattle from rustlers involves tyrannosaurs battling velociraptors. It's just way more visually interesting that way. Sometimes, you don't need more justification than that.

>You will never live in the alternate universe where Arlo and his family are humans living in a world where dinosaurs still exist.

>He freaked the fuck out over the scavengers scavenging a little fuzzy thing,

To be fair, it's different.
The ptero's went on about looking for wounded folk, and in Arlo's brain he probably thought they meant to "help" rather than fucking eat waht they find. And even before he ate the fuzzball, he went on about how it was "free."

So it was a huge shock to him.

That's probably the most comforting thing I'll read today.

Arlo is a total turd-nugget.

I want to know why his strong siblings weren't helping their mother harvest crops at the end. Maybe they'll all die.

Still shoulda just told them that Spot was his fucking pet, not lunch he was holding out on them. That's why they got the way they were about it, you know. They thought he was hoarding food.

Jesus. The rock at the end was over the line. OVER THE LINE.

at least he didnt break his neck with the fall, his corpse dangling there for all to see

Oh good, glad to know I wasn't the only one half-expecting that by that point.

Man, Sup Forums is full of pussies.
I bet you got scared at Mortal Kombat until you were 13 or something.

that movie had shit advertisement, no wonder the merchandise didn't sell.

They are effective for the most part.
Compare The Princess and the Frog beautiful poster with Tangled and Frozen Dreamworks faces.

I think The Good Dinosaur is overhated, honestly.

Could it have been better? Definitely. But for what we got, I really enjoyed it.

it got everything.

and it's a shelfwarmer in every country.

But it was a shit movie. It's like the story was written by a fifteen year old that just started thinking about politics. I realize that the overly simplistic 'hurr just stop beeing meen durrr and wee can all b frendz durrrr' shit was really common around that time, but that doesn't really give it a free pass. Saying that all leaders and governments are self serving and that the military is a political tool that doesn't have your best interests in mind isn't revolutionary or new. That's the shit everyone realizes in high school when they go through the 'nihilistic' phase, and the way the movie spouts that shit like it's fucking Aristotle with some deep, unique philosophy is laughable, and shows how philosophically and politically stunted the perspectives of the writers actually were. The worst part about it though is that it gets crammed down the viewer's throat with no subtlety at all. If the writers were actually talented they would have explained their point through metaphor, but instead they beat you over the head with it in an expository fashion. Take the scene user posted, for instance. If this scene had been done differently without all the fucking explanation and dialogue, ie if we had been shown the writer's view without having it explained to us, then the impact of this scene would be far greater. As of now, the way the scene exposits "soldiers r b bloodlust, it b dumbb lol" leaves the viewer saying "no shit," since the viewer was not forced to interpret, and thus internalize the message. I agree that this is the best scene of this ass-tier movie, but that's only because it became a meme. Honestly the animation isn't even that great. Look at this scene again. They couldn't even animate him fighting faeries. The fucking fan art in that post is better.

Why do people like this movie so much? I'm not even asking rhetorically either. I literally don't understand why this shit-tier movie gets so much praise. Is it just nostalgia?

>disney princess movies
you can advertise that at 3 am and you know you are still gonna fill the theaters

Not like in Tarzan.

Female fox needed more scenes

>cherry-picking a teaser poster
The firefly poster was pretty good. It intrigued you with a mysterious looking movie that was far more interesting than the finished project turned out to be.

It's so unnatural when kids cartoons try to be serious. It comes off as dark humor, then you realize you are supposed to be shocked so you just feel guilty instead. Why people enjoy stuff like this, I'll never know.

>cherry-picking

Fair enough. I buy lots of people think that way, and if they had anthropomorphism do the dinosaurs a bit more, made them more adapted to using tools and had them not look like rubber fisher price toys. I dunno. It was probably a fine kids movie but it failed as an all ages movie, for me.

And it's a bummer cause there's a lot of good stuff in it. Soundtrack, style, story, etc.

Everyone comparing it to Rango isn't wrong, because Rango did something so similar, despite a much more cerebral story.

good lord, this is what zootopia would've been without pixar's advice..

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI.

yeah, sorry for hijacking the thread. but resemblance is just uncanny.

The movie's really a lot better if you're just listening, instead of watching. I ended up 'seeing' the movie that way, having it play in the room while I was doing something else, and it's much improved when you're not associating the horrible designs with the story. There are some other problems, but they're fairly minor in comparison. If they had just gone with anything other than fisher price toys, the movie would have been much better received.

What about it?

don't you ever insult my husbando's movies around me again