You'd think they have people to help prevent this kind of thing

you'd think they have people to help prevent this kind of thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/uk/movies/the-mummy/50233/the-mummy-director-alex-kurtzman-didn-t-make-the-film-for-critics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They do. Those people said "put Tom Cruise in it".

>The Dark Universe will be canned before it even gets off the ground
Feels good man

Seriously what were they even thinking with this film? It's a 'remake' with zero charm like the Frasier movies had. The modern setting for a mummy movie was a terrible decision and besides based cruise being in it, i think he was miscast.

They've already made shit tons of money overseas. Doesn't matter if movies suck anymore. OP is fag.

but muh dark universe!!

No dark universe for (you)

Shamalamamadong made up for it with split. 276 million worldwide gross on a 9 million dollar budget

It won't lose money. It's already made it's budget back and the international market will save it.

What a stupid idea. It's literally the answer to a question no on asked. Did anyone really WANT a franchise based on the interconnectedness of Universal's classic monsters? Did anyone actually want some huge crossover with Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolfman, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon? Why did Universal ever think this was going to work?

DOA

good. fuck this lazy re-hash trash

The most embarassing aspect is that Dr. Jekyll is a supporting character in The Mummy, and his entire role is to set up the expanded universe. They took the worst part of Iron Man 2 and stuck it into their first film.

It worked once with Monster Squad.

>expanded universes make money
>what characters do we own?
It was worth a shot

Oh shit. I thought the Hollywood Handbook guys were just fucking around in the episode today. I didn't know they were actually doing this. Hollywood has lost touched with reality.

>It's already made it's budget back
I don't think so. The studio doesn't get that much revenue from international box office. And still, if you put a bunch of money and use a lot of time to make a money, only to get the money back, that's a loss.

It didn't make a shit ton of money, it did ok but now Transformers is coming out and will fucking crush everything.

Why the fuck do people still keep going to the Transformers movies?

Because foreigners have trash tastes in movies even more so than the majority of American plebs.

The sad state of the movie industry, folks.

I bet even Bay doesn't know.

no one in Hollywood knows what the word "no" means or how to say it to anyone with any power in Hollywood. everyone is to chicken shit to tell anyone else "no" for fear of being blacklisted from working with them again

>Because foreigners have trash tastes

This.

In general and in movies

Because once Pacific Rim underperformed at the box office, Bayformers became the only game in town for giant robots punching shit, and people really enjoy that.

Well that's what you get when you come up with an original idea for a movie. People don't want it. They want sequels, reboots, something they're familiar with. The Mummy was just too 'nouveau' if you pardon my French.

cool looking fight scenes between giant robots that last 20seconds. yeah it's stupid and sucky but it's more than the Mummy had

Transformers are cool.

>why do people go to movies about giant robots that beat the shit out of each other. oh, they can also turn into cars and planes and shit
i dunno, these are the same people who go see movies about magic people with laser swords or movies with guys whose super power is super math so he can figure out how to bounce a shield off 5 surfaces and it returns to his hand

Step up your bait game.

>make a proper scary Mummy remake set in Egypt with an actual mummy
>make bank because people love those movies

>make some weird supernatural mission impossible with a skinny grey bitch
>lose money

Why are the Jews so dumb? Why didn't they invite the based Aryan Sommers to direct?

But the thing is, the robot part takes up a small portion of the film, maybe the last act. Most of it is shitty human characters. Star Wars at least constantly uses the setting and universe's rules to its advantage.

I mean, Brendan Fraiser beat them to the punch by having an action Mummy Movie.

>other studios desperately floundering

Good, good. Soon all your entertainment will be provided by the mouse.

denofgeek.com/uk/movies/the-mummy/50233/the-mummy-director-alex-kurtzman-didn-t-make-the-film-for-critics

Jesus, this go-to excuse for making shit is getting old.

Oh, so it is for the fans that love classic horror?

The jews will do their magic

Did he said he made it for Asians? 'cause they're the only ones watching the movie.

>Because foreigners have trash tastes

or maybe you just get shot too often to enjoy movies

I love how they made the two actually tall actors sit down so you wouldn't see that Tom Cruise is a manlet

I think this pretty much sums it up.

t. american height fetishist

Nah nigga. Im 172 myself. I just love how embarassed he seems to be over that

Also, I'm from Europe

Except it's becoming increasingly true in today's world where critics feel the need to virtue signal and bring politics into reviews more than ever.

Not saying THIS movie is good but worrying about what critics say these days is pointless. The sooner we stop pandering to critics and media the better.

They set the franchise on Cruise control and ig went right off a cliff.

Cruise literally saved the movie with re-writing the 3rd act and making Nick get possessed. You people should be thanking him for making it not totally forgettable

>not wanting to see a continuation of the best film couple of 2017

Yeah, we were the ones who could have prevented this, but they obviously pandered to the wrong crowd.

I watched the film on Monday, I wanted to fuck that mummy so bad.

She is very beautiful yes. But make sure to use appropriate words when talking about a Goddess

this. fucking thirdies

Heard information about the young han solo movie?

And we'd call it CIA Rises

Not that guy, or American, but it's a fact.

imagine spending most of Pulp Fiction in a less interestingly written language. you don't get to appreciate the dialogue. imagine reading most of annie hall-Most of Woody Allens mannerisms and facial expressions go past you, because you're preoccupied reading what the shit he's saying.

now couple that with asians, who as with anything else in culture, prefer extravagance and overacting (kpop, bruce lee, japanese TV)

arts like acting, cinematography and script are all lost on the mulititude of non-fluent english speakers (especially asians, because their culture is so different).

foreigners spend 50% of the movie reading subtitles (which means it's not the exact original script), but it also comprimises acting performance.

>foreigners
You mean China right. Because that is what we are talking about here.

>foreigners spend 50% of the movie reading subtitles
wew lad
You don't read subtitles consciously. It happens automatically.

you can't escape her.
she's got plans for you!

This. Look at BvS. I liked it, but I could see it had problems. I don't mind critics bashing it, but when you see how many of them bring up "toxic masculinity, misogyny, right wing, fascist" and other buzz words into a movie where a guy dressed up as a bat fights an alien, it's amazing they get paid for it. It's a clear disconnect.

It's not so bad man. They're just shitty action movies. It's like asking why people still go to McDonalds when it isn't good for them. Or why they smoke. People just like junk every once in a while. and Michael Bay is REALLY good at making the movie equivalent of junk food.

It was alright.
It's one star out of 10 less than Wonder Woman.

>5'11"
>tall

>Universal Monsters cinematic universe
>The Werewolf, Dracula and The Mummy alredy done
>All of them flop

w e w

>only capeshit make money

The absolute state of Hollywood.

there was a wolfman movie?

>guy who made pic had "bomb" in mind
>use "flop" instead

Oh yes it was.

Wolfman and Dracula movies because of their failure were kicked out from the "cinematic uinverse", but they were supposed to be on it from the start.

plus Get Out: $250m, budget: $4.5m

Then there's that Spics & cars franchise that foreigners love.

>when Dark Universe will be possible no matter the huge flops of their individual movies thanks to blacks and spics

wtf i love multiculturalism now

I wanted it badly and still do.

>Did anyone really WANT a franchise based on the interconnectedness of Universal's classic monsters

mmm yes?

>all these different franchises trying sooo hard to be the next MCU with interconnected movies that all building up to one big team-up movie that keep failing at every hurdle and have not one of them even managed to get to the big team-up movie even though the MCU will be having it's fourth by next year and they've had almost a decade to try and play catch up

No Fraser, no watch. Boycott this shit movie

MonsterVerse is doing alright, might be the only other one that pulls it off

Fuck, they could've just had a movie where all the monsters are already in it. There's no need for this kind of set up, at least not as much as there was with the Avengers.
The whole thing just feels superfluous. No one wants this. It's tired.

What is even more embarrassing is that Dracula Untold actually got better online scores than the Mummy.

It does seem like Cruise took this movie over and made it just another Tom Cruise movie.
It was Knight and Day, Jack Reacher and Mission Impossible except with a mummy in it.
The zero G scene proves that, why the fuck is that scene the selling point of a god damn mummy movie!? That scene should be in Mission Impossible 6. I love Tom Cruise but he keeps making the same movie over and over again.

>Depp
>tall

>that pic
LITERALLY made for bbc

Jesus Christ you're retarded.

FAKE NEWS

It's actually a financial success, already made a lot of profit and it's still making millions,so both the movie is a success and the universe is good and stable.Ignore the shills that wan't this to fail badly and present fake statements.

You BLACKED posters are the worst.

>130M budget
>80-100M marketing
>dat shitty box office
>most of it overseas
Yep that's a bomb alright. Then again they couldn't have known that Wonder Woman was going to be such a massive hit

>ignoring the massive marketing budget
>ignoring that the studio doesn't get all of the box office, they have to split it with the theaters
You're the shill, this movie is a massive flop. It needed to make AT LEAST $400 million for the studio to greenlight the rest of the Dark Universe and it'll take a miracle for it to reach $340 million. It's over.

>This is the second time it's failed to get off the ground

>hurr durr every movie got to make at least 1 billion $ otherwise it's a flop
Nope.Still made a profit and its only going to make more money.
Also the domestic gross its not really important,americans are irrelevant.If it was really that important all hollywood movies will only get released only in Usa and nowhere else.They do make money overseas,stay mad.
Also the official budget of the movie is 125m $ not 130m $ nice disinformation u got there.

>analysts say it's going to lose 90 millions
>one autismal shill say it's making cash because his fee fees say so
Hmm...

Low budget horror movies fron blumhouse make great margins but they're not breaking any records so you don't really hear about it, they must be the most profitable production studio in hollywood

I thought most English language movies were dubbed for foreign release

>STILL ignoring the massive marketing budget
>STILL ignoring that the studio doesn't get all of the box office

What was the first?

They're the smartest production studio in Hollywood. Instead of blowing all of their money on 3-5 massive blockbusters they make a a dozen low budget films and as long as a couple become hits they turn a profit. Get Out cost less than $5 million and it made over $250 million at the box office so that one movie guaranteed that at the end of the year Blumhouse will be in the black. I'm shocked Hollywood hasn't caught on to this business model, it makes a lot more sense than gambling everything on a small handful of overpriced blockbusters.

More White appropriation?

Dracula Untold

Well, it was originally going to be a standalone movie but in the middle of production Universal decided to cash in on the cinematic universe bullshit so they changed the ending to setup future movies.

What if this movie comes back from the dead.

He's back, baby!

Reminder that Pacific Rim bombed in América for a Adam Sandler movie...amerilards everyone

>Fans LOVE the movie. Critics HATE it.

"Hey! You know all those famous monster movies we had and the various mash ups between them? What if we took those monsters, gave them the 'ol MCU treatment and make them all super heroes that will join forces? People really like those movies and those monsters sorta have super powers, right? We could totally make super heroes out of the Universal monsters. This won't piss off anyone in any way. And we'll have Tom Cruise! Everyone loves Tom Cruise!"

>#Littyforthefansnotthecritics
baka Rock

Kurtzman and The Rock should do a movie together.