Yugoslavian and ex-yu kino recommendations/essentials?

Yugoslavian and ex-yu kino recommendations/essentials?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOlXnJ-PDDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Balkanski špijun
Maratonci trče počasni krug
Ko to tamo peva

This. I couldn't breathe from laughing at some of the scenes in Tko to tamo peva

>They ought to be ashamed!
>from who?
>from us

all that while peeping a married couple having sex in the woods

Though it's blatant propaganda, Battle of Sutjeska is the most expensive yugoslavian film ever made because of the ridiculous amount spent on the action set pieces with actual warplanes, tanks, canons and thousands and thousands of people in the infantry, no CGI whatsoever everything done in camera
There are some scenes with real planes flying and shooting ridiculously low over actual people while real explosions go off at the same time, it all just seems almost illegal really.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOlXnJ-PDDE
>56:55 and 1:56:05

Pretty Village, Pretty Flame

It's hard to appreciate most yugoslavian films if you are not from that region.
Also far too much of the same themes, over the top pathetic "war is bad/we are poor" social dramas and the polar opposites in comedy "we are so poor lmao ustaše and chetniks the same lmao"

The only film I can truly recommend to anyone is "H-8", a top notch well-executed thriller that anyone in the world can appreciate and understand with no previous national context.
Really clever writing too (you have the version with english subtitles on youtube, hard to find elsewhere really)

Profesionalac
Lepa sela lepo gore
Crna macka beli macor
Varljivo leto '68
Balkanski spijun

Much obliged. I am Serbian actually, but I had never heard of H-8. Basically I was just curious what you foreigners think of our kino

Bitka Na Neretvi

Love Affair, or the Case of the Missing Switchboard Operator is pretty good.

Sakupljači perja, Rane, Tesna Koža

>Tesna Koza
ajde ne seri

>A serbian film
>anything Kusturica
Now go fuck yourself!

Impliciraš da bazirani Šojić nije apsolutno kino?

>anything Kusturica
>DUDE GYPSIES LMAO

"ne"

Oridjidji Pantic ftw

yes this is dog

Vlak u snijegu

crni bombarder
sejtanov ratnik
edit i ja

Naša Mala Klinika ;)
Šanghaj
Tu Pa Tam
SLOVENKA (Call Girl)

Pogledao sam, top kek od filma

Zivot Je Lep, but they unfortunately removed it from Youtube so fuck if I know where to find it anymore.