Why didn't child services ever look into them and take the kids away?

Why didn't child services ever look into them and take the kids away?

Because it's a cartoon and having Child Protective services take the babies away would have disturbed the underlying theme of the series and set a different tone.

protective services would need to know about shit in the first place. and none of their friends report anything.

What about when they leave them to do their own shit in public places?

That's what parenting was like back then. You went to the park to spend time with other adults while your kid did kid things with other kids.

My parents did that, of course I lived in a small Mid West town.

My parents did that in Nueva York

No one called child services because the parents were never caught being bad parents. In Rugrats, the babies were almost never seen by the adults, and if no one is there to see a tree fall in the forest, how can they report it?

They simply followed the advice of Dr Lipshitz

What about the movie? The babies being missing was all over the news.

To be fair, your parents were working two minimum wage jobs each and you still couldn't live in that little studio.

That was made post-season three AKA the shitty part of the franchise.

That one was Grandpa's fault, you could put that down to senility.

They were white.

Tommy fell off the bleachers at a baseball game, INTO THE FUCKING FIELD ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!
I think that alone would warrent something.

Wasn't their Narcoleptic grandpa always with them?

It's a once an episode thing, once Grandpa falls to sleep thats when the babies start going on adventures

Kids get into dangerous shit all the time. I'm not sure the one public incident is enough to warrant state intervention. Heck, no one came for the Pickles when Tommy and Dil got lost in the woods.

Because they weren't bad parents, they just had extremely mischievous children. They did nothing an expert parent wouldn't do in that situation, the babies are just unreal in the kind of situations they get into.

Plus, sometimes the babies never even get caught, so no one knows what happened.

Yup, you're definitely underage. Helicopter parenting is a new phenomenon. Parents used to always leave their kids to play by themselves assuming they weren't living in a really dangerous area. The people writing this show definitely would have been treated like that.

A kid in the US recently got into a gorilla cage because his mom was playing on her phone and she didn't get arrested or checked out by family services.

But, if you leave a kid in a hot car you get a manslaughter charge.

They were actually pretty good parents by Nickelodeon standards. Just look at the Turners.

That's part of why I found FOP unwatchable. Too many unlikable characters and not enough decent gags to justify it.

This. The Turners were by far worse parents.

well locking a kid in a hot car is a deliberate action

It was the 90s, back when it was okay to allow kids to do their own thing without a parent constantly watching them and before everyone was a potential pedophile or murderer.

thats cuz she was black.

/thread

In most cases it's an accident because the parent was gone longer than they thought they'd be. Last time it happened in my state a mom went to into the grocery store and her kid died within like 20 minutes in the car while she was waiting in line. Granted, the parents are usually stupid whitetrash/ghettotrash.

then don't fucking do it.

christ.

if you can't find someone to look after your kid, maybe you shouldn't leave home.

Except nobody can afford to not work in the US today unless they're already wealthy

Worst thing about the turners was at the start they really were just too busy or went out somewhere.

They didn't become idiots until later on

>because the parent was gone longer than they thought they'd be
Again, it's a deliberate action