youtu.be/C4kuR1gyOeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Fantastic Beasts for 10 minutes
>shitty MERICA WIZARDS PLOT FOR THE OTHER 2 HOURS

Gee I dunno

Not enough interracial sex.
And yes,I am swedish.

too much focus on wizardhitler

The Obscurus was just all around stupid.

Every single character is more interesting than the main character who just spaghetti's for two and a half hours.

>wow Colin Farrell is good
>fuck you here's Johnny Depp

Every character except the bitch he's going to eventually marry, Waterston was really blah in this.

yeah what a disappointment and I hate Colin Farrell, but he nailed it in this movie
Depp is fucking boring as fuck, and clearly drug and alcohol have destroyed him

A boring CGI villain threatening the city, just like in every other blockbuster movie these days.

why did Newt bring the fat muggle into his suitcase

why did Newt bring him to capture the escaped rhino ?

It went from goofy wizard capturing cute animals interacting while the real world to shitty Marvel movie (blowing up the big thing destroying the city included) real quick.

It's formulaic, but they're gonna shit out four more of them because more people religiously follow Harry Potter than Christ now.

Replacing Colin Farrell with Depp right at the end.

I want to see a film about a child who is a massive Harry Potter fangirl finding out they're actually a witch and getting to see the world they once thought was only fiction.

Go away Akko

>Akko
Who the fuck is that?

Should've kept the original premise of David Attenborough-style mockumentary.

Who gives a shit about Grindevald and wizard politics.

This. Apart from "Column of Blue Light to a Portal in the Sky," "Particle Cloud" is one of my least favorite movie monster cliches in the era of CGI. Fantastic Beasts, Lost, Transformers 4, the Matrix sequels (with the thousands of Sentinels,) and X-Men Apocalypse are a few that used this.

This was 2 steps past asinine. It was aseleven.

>people indoors are affected by the amnesia magic rain
>fat baker is only affected when he's directly under the rain

>Colin Farrell was Johnny Depp THE WHOLE TIME!
>he was surrounded by the top wizards in the US and not a single one of them decided to use the benign charm Revelio on him, except the protagonist

What a shit movie. Give me back the time I lost watching this garbage.

Eyebrows didnt show titties

You sat down to "enjoy" a harry potter-verse movie in your mid-20s.

This.
I thought/prayed that was how it'd be done with each scene being it's own little adventure but instead we got Harry Potter-light.

>What went wrong?

Everything.
>We didn't get any background to the character
>They erased the memory of the fat guy in the end, making the only good element of the story, that is his relationship with the blonde hottie, unimportant
>Main character is fucking Dr Who
>Story was unfocused and generally shit
>They want to make it a series yet the movie doesn't need a sequel
>No cool monster designs
>They wasted the chance of making a 1920's globetrotting adventure movie(Indiana Jones/Tintin style)
>Johnny Depp, also the main villain should have been a henchman of Grindewald or whatever his name was
>If I remember correctly, the main guy just left at the end. Then what was the fucking point of him gaining all those allies?

But at least we saw a goblin getting punched in the face. That was cool.

I didn't expect anything from that film, I didn't even want to watch it (my friends talked me into going with them), but holy shit was it bad.

This.

Don't get me wrong, magic in a roaring 20s setting and some actual discussion of shit that happened outside of Britain is good stuff, but I came for mystical creatures, not some shit about Voldemort 2.0.

OUR GUY getting the redhead was nice, though.

same thing that would happen if they tried to make lotr today

>2 hours of secondhand embarrassment

Two main characters being literal autists

I would support this film ONLY if "the world that she once thought was only fiction" turned out to be total shit and she was miserable in it. A dystopian look at fandom wish fulfillment.

Too many adults wasting their days wishing Harry Potter was real and wanting to know what house they'd be sorted into. This is the mentality that fuels shit like Scientology.

i loved theory of everything but wow was eddie redmayne bad in this movie. and that girl too.
its like the movie was made for the tumblr fem-sperglords that had no friends growing up
>ooh people tend to find me quite..er... irritating

I'm a straight man and i found Eddie Redmayne very hot in this movie, is that normal ?

Underrated

He had Plot Armour in the form of his "fantastic beasts" every single issue was solved by opening his coat

Jew Kike Rowling has devolved into the milking a franchise for all it's worth. She also has too much time on her hands and will start a twitter fight with pretty much anyone

Wtf, I liked it.
Am I retarded?

It one be both a kids movie and an adult movie at the same time, I don't mean adult as an they swear or blood violence I mean in tone. You have the kids movie where they're doing silly things to get weird animals back into was strange place, but then you also have racism death penalty politics and all that bullshit that no kid is going to be fucking interested in but it has to be dumbed down to the point where they might be able understand it.

The main problem with the movie would probably be the silliness to it. It could of done with one tone and stuck to it but it didn't.

Personally I think the movie was watchable
I don't think the movie was offensively bad or pandering
but I don't think it was worth ticket price.

I found the side stories more interesting than the beasts just because it felt really cringey to watch him deal with them. I fucking despise cringey humor.

Nothing, it was great

Who is our guy?

And by redhead you mean red mayne?

Of course, user. Did you even need to ask?

Britlet movies have the worst titles. They sound like some Dr Seuss rhyme

He means Queenie, and our guy was pic related

Don't know what they were thinking. The title is the plot's outline. No one asked for fucking Grindewald or weirdos and their smoke monsters.

i have such a massive boner for fantasy creatures and couldnt wait for this, i cant even pinpoint exactly what went wrong though
i wanted to feel like ye olde explorers visiting the jungle for the first time and marveling at the weird ass wildlife but it just didnt do it right

Nothing, it's a perfect movie that will bring an end to the toxic masculinity in film.
youtu.be/C4kuR1gyOeQ

Fantastic Beasts is the perfect example of the modern Hollywood movie. It casts the hit Hollywood star of the minute and it's loosely connected to a wildly successful franchise. This movie was made for the sole purpose of making money. There is no other reason. Rowling, Yates, the actors, everyone... all in it for the money.

It's easy to imagine the pre-production meetings... You know, that cute tree in Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular among audiences, let's have one of those. And people really liked that dive bar with lots of goofy creatures and fun music in Star Wars, let's have one of those too. It's frustrating when I hear people call this film imaginative. There's a reason all the fantastic beasts look so cute. Because toys.

Yet again we see Eddie Redmayne overact, taking the role of "autistic British wizard" to a level not needed. There was no chemistry between any of the actors, which made for awkward moments throughout the whole 2+ hours runtime. The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.

There are two completely separate plots that are sloppily connected. One of the plots is pushed so hard and is used only to create a franchise of this thing. If they focused on only the fantastic beasts instead of the bizarre possessed horror aspect with a cheap twist, the film might not have been half bad.

In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax. By now it is beyond tiring and by my count that is how FOUR big budget movies have ended in 2016. And by what, a fucking dark cloud. The whole film, each and every scene, is predictable, features terrible CGI, obvious blue screen, lifeless sound stages, and is riddled with plot holes

It's just CGI upon layer of CGI
Story is shit, characters are shit, even the "world" is half-assed shit

>plot holes

sure m8, name one (ONE) plot hole

Why didn't Harry Potter have an obscurial?

I don't want to lump rowling in for the money alone, granted that may be a motivation, but she was likely contacted to so something inside the HP universe and wanted to still tell some stories in it, It is a fun universe that could really do well with a 'these movies are the same universe, but not the same characters or related beyond taking place' series, not sure what thats called in a movie series or if its ever been done.

why should he?

fuck, my sides

Ariana Dumbledore might have been one. And HP is set later than this film. So there is less prejudice and hiding from witch hunts. Don't get me wrong I don't like the movie that much but at least Grindelwald and the Obscurus was very interesting

This. Hollywood has to figure out how to end a film without just handing it over to the animators so that they can put together a 45 minute shitfest of uninteresting visual noise. The film up to that point wasn't perfect, but once that begun I just switched off.

I liked it too. Don't worry user we can be retarded together and enjoy our plebkino

Dullest franchise.

The script, as usual. JK wrote a novella, not a screenplay, as you can notice because of the useless subplot and even more useless characters (Jon Voight, for example).

I don't get why Graves had to be Grindelwald in disguise. I thought he had a decent backstory because he was someone who was jealous of his brother's success despite his own magical powers. Why couldn't the guy just be a secret disciple of Grindelwald?

she forgot nazi conquered yurop was a thing

I liked it more than any potter chum

>I thought he had a decent backstory because he was someone who was jealous of his brother's success despite his own magical powers.
which brother?

Redheaded autist boring story.

>1920s
>Nazis

You might want to go and reread your history books, user.

Not much, it was great

THIS

what are other colin farrell kinos?

I fucking hate readymayne or whatever his fucking name is
ugly transexual faggot

In Bruges

He is GREAT in The Way Back

Fargo S1

>What went wrong?
They went full magic. Harry potter series had lots of real elements we can relate to growing up

I think he got graves and newt confused. Newts brother was a famous veteran of the last wizard war or something.

wait why havent i heard of this before
i love harry potter will i like this? is it comfy?

I saw this movies fate coming from a mile away, but was still let down by how garbage it was.

>Terrible cgi, and too much of it (though tbf I dont think the HP series was ever top notch with cgi, it was creative and cool but whenever they tried to do something really complex it was 50/50 alright/mediocre).
>Dumb AF plot, who the hell cares about all the politics?? Why the fuck was half this movie about people we dont care about and never will?
>The most powerful evil wizard of all time was stopped by a yoyo lizard....let that sink in. And to top it off based Colin was replaced by Saturday morning cartoon johnny depp looking and sounding dumb as hell.
>They tried too hard to make it in the vein of the last couple movies. The beauty of the HP franchise was how it grew and changed with the cast and story. This should have been more whimsical and lighter in tone.
>The god awful colors, jesus I hate David Yates. Why the hell would they keep him as director when they could probably get almost anyone to do these?
> 100 other things, this movie was honestly garbage.

As mediocre as Dr Strange was overall, i'll always give it credit for ending with
>The hero annoys the main villian so much that he fucks off
Instead of a big final slugfest

It was boring as fuck.

Johnny Depp

casting johnny depp as a character already established in the original series of films as looking a whole hell of a lot younger as his true self for what was like... 5 minutes of film

David Yates

>mfw he's confirmed to direct the next four movies

That guy is retarded and they certainly hadn't conquered anything by that point but they did exist.

seven psychopaths

I know Sup Forums doesn't generally like it but I really did enjoy it

maybe thats a disguise and Johnny Depp is his true form.
we can't have a blonde haired blue eyed aryan as the villain these days kiddo!

First movie should have been onlyabout the creatures. The Wizardhitler plot was rushed and i don't think people who didn't read the HP books understood something about it.

It's fucking kino lads, yeah maybe making Kowalski forget and getting rid of Colin Farrell as a Greaves weren't the best decisions but it's still a great looking movie. And I like the OST as well.

Nothing. It was a good film.
The book is originally from 2000, so it means it's an old book, which means, quality early-JK rowling style.

>ywn force Newt to sleep with you for the sake of protecting his beasts
>ywn magic his clothes away so that he's in nothing but his unbuttoned white dress shirt and socks
>ywn roughly push him spread eagle onto a desk
>ywn bend his smooth freckled legs so far back that his knees are practically touching his face, exposing his sweet virgin boycunt and feminine dick, as he cries in embarrassment
>ywn leisurely kiss, lick, and fuck his hole with your tongue while he blushes furiously, whining about how lewd this is but being unable to stop himself from moaning over how good it feels
>ywn continue eating him out until he cums, the position causing his own semen to splatter all over his face for added humiliation
>ywn chuckle at how cute he is, teasingly rubbing your leaking dick against his hole while licking his tears and semen off his face, before suddenly penetrating him
>ywn force him to keep eye contact with you as you continue to utterly ravage his virgin body over and over, bending him in every debauched position imaginable, till he's so full of your seed that his abdomen is practically bulging
>ywn coo about what a beautiful mother he is while rubbing his swollen belly
>he will never weakly mumble a "t-thank you..."
>ywn then keep Newt as your mindbroken cumdumpster, putting spells on him that cause him to perpetually crave your cock and nothing else

...you do realize the "book" you're talking about is a tiny little novelty "textbook" journal that has no plot development, characters, or really anything that would help in making a movie out of it.

Movies look so bland these days, jesus

What the fuck happened to cinematic lighting and proper contrast

The visual tone and the "fantastic beasts" was part dark and edgy and part Looney Tunes remake

Main character was a complete homo

>They wasted the chance of making a 1920's globetrotting adventure movie(Indiana Jones/Tintin style)
This one angers me so much. Nobody makes this kind of movies anymore.

redmane is terrible in it.

They made a point of showing people showering and drinking inside also got enchanted. All water was hit with the spell, rain was just the quickest distribution method for those in the open.
0/rewatch.

not really comfy at all. it has a few moments but the tone is all over the place. I'd say its closer to Harry Pooter 6, 7 and 8.

>being this frustrated over having gay thoughts about edred

It was based off of one of the dullest franchises in the history of kino franchises