Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/crime/in/Kinshasa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pls, anons, I have to know

I'm asking about DR congo btw

Matongé, Brussel

the people

Everywhere that's not the capital or mined

Dunno, you can't really be much poorer than penniless but I know the shittiest and most violent parts are in the East; places like North Kivu along the Rwandan border.

ty
but what makes you to think so?

user, tkae your 2nd (You) and answer me pls

Doesn't seem to be much information with regards to this topic. However, if I had to guess i'd say Equateur, as there are no major natural resources, or developed land.

And i'm not the same guy, but there are some border conflicts in those regions.

>Dunno, you can't really be much poorer than penniless
>what is debt?

That probably makes it better, as no big niggers are fighting for control of it.

Because they are the site of nationalist wars and genocides that are still going on today after 20 something years. They are probably more dangerous than Syria or Afghanistan.

Western DRC is mostly safe.

>Excuse me, we're here to collect the BOOM BANG

A German typed this

>what is debt?
Jewish lies desu

People who have massive debt are usually wealthier than people who are penniless and in the green. In fact, probably wealthier than you, too.

Because, for one, you cannot get into debt if you don't give the bank a pretty convincing reason to loan you money. This usually means that you have the potential for a high income.

And even if you a irrevocably broke, like $1M in assets $5M in debt, meager income, the laws are such that you probably will come off ahead compared to some homeless guy in the green.

I'm kinda worried, I'll be living in kinshasa for a a few months, what should I expect? (not op)

>kinshasa
Malaria?

Seems like a good demoman

Don't drink tap water (when it's available) if you need, boil that shit first.
Avoid fake products and street food.

Be careful.
That's all I have to say.
numbeo.com/crime/in/Kinshasa

I'd stay indoors as much as possible if I were you, also this guy knows what he's talking about.

If at all possible i'd try to import most products you'll need from Belgium. Corruption in the country is a major problem, so no telling if anything will be safe to use or not.

Congo.

have you been there, burger?

>I'd stay indoors as much as possible if I were you
Is not that bad, you know...

Want a friendly advice? Bring some packs of cigars with you. You would not believe how many "favors" you can get gifting cigars.

Just remember, you are not in Europe.

No, I just read about it online.
Most dangerous place i've ever been is Atlanta, GA, which with that website it says has a 64 crime rate.

Now that I know that, I think it's actually bullshit and Kinshasa probably isn't that dangerous.
In Atlanta if you're not looking for trouble it's highly unlikely it'll find you.
If it's like that in Kinshasa, as long as you exercise moderate caution you should be fine.

>kinshasa
You'll be fine, you'll probably spend most of your time hanging out with other expats anyway.

exaggerations. Tap water in hotels, embassies, compounds or most places a westerner will be is fine. Obviously don't drink tap water in shitty parts of town. Street food is probably fine, you might get the shits but that's normal when eating food on a different continent. Malaria is a real concern if you leave the city. Don't take chances, get every kind of shot and meds available.

You don't have to stay indoors, just stay out of slums.

this is good advice

>favors
Just to clarify, i am not talking about sex.

Cigars are a universal parallel currency. Some times the people in charge of maintaining the law in certain part of Africa are not willing to collaborate with you (and i don't mean the police). A pack of cigar can get him powder milk to feed their kids, can get some booze, some chickens, etc.

It says Dublin is 57. Complete meme numbers

kek

It's a common expression in Congo to say "don't lose a hand!" when saying goodbye. Also, you can pretend your name is Leopold, they all seemed to love a guy who was called that. I think he won African Champions Leauge or something.

Belgium actually did not cut their hands off. They hire one tribe to defend the Belgium interest there, and supply them with guns and ammo. To prove that they where using the guns as a meaning to defend the Belgium interest in Africa, they expect profs. The hands of the people they shoot.
The tribe hired, often use their ammo hunting and doing other shit they not supposed to. And cut the hands of other tribes to justify the use of ammo.

thanks

to be fair, by that the majority of Indians were not killed by USA.
Because it was primarily settlers not the USA army

There should be a massive port city on the strip of land bordering the ocean. Yet on satellite images I see nothing there except maybe some villages. Country has so much wealth just sitting there.

Should I ask why you're asking?

I used to live there. Why are you staying there? Here's all I have to say.

You're Belgian, so say you're from some more obscure and distant European country if you can (eg, say you're Danish or Swiss or something like that). Make sure you carry a bulk of your money in a hidden area, if you have say 10,000 franc on you, put 8,000 of it hidden so if someone takes it they only take 2,000. Boil your water, get a mosquito nest, bring medicine from Belgium but always keep it hidden. Women there are pretty friendly, and men are a mixed bag. If you do fall for a woman there use protection just to be safe.

That would be highly expensive though, and warlords and government are making it work so until they don't there's nothing you can do. The Congo river is pretty navigable in small boats, and Kinshasa has a decent airport by third world country standards. Though, I do agree somewhat. I think Banana is in a great place to develop, there's just no real need for the people in power. .

Probably the north, since most of the population lives in the South, why you wanna know anyway?

Why did you live there ?

Ask the warlord user from /diy/.
The guy owns a state there.