Which country has the best ski destinations in the world?

Which country has the best ski destinations in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquí_en_México
onthesnow.com/colorado/steamboat/lift-tickets.html
sierranevada.es/es/invierno/forfait/tarifas/
skicenterbaqueira.com/c/2-Forfaits
nedoma.ru/glc/
nytimes.com/2017/12/15/world/asia/nepal-election-winners.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>sandtugal

We've got way more than 16.

Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy
In other words, the best destinations are in the Alps

HAHAAHAAAHAAAHAHA BTFO

north korea

Wait we have a ski resort?
Where?

Looks like Himalayan ski resorts are an untapped market.

Brazil of course

lmao at desert and jungle shitholes

This is the best resort in Japan which is not yet pervasively invaded by Aussies.

Japan and France

The Alps desu

>tfw the station where I go nearly every Saturday is infested by brits

In Bosques de Monterreal, that's in Arteaga, Coahuila, they even have a ramp set up so you can ski in the summer when there's no snow.

You can actually ski in a lot of places in Mexico in winter
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esquí_en_México
but this is a hiking/climbing in at your own risk type of deal, the whole deal about having the one ski resort is you don't have to go to the US/Canada to learn.

If you were ***dedicated*** you could actually regularly ski in Mexico without ever leaving the country, tho it would for the most part be a seasonal type of deal, some places like Madera and La Rosilla get snow 6 months a year.

Probably us. A good ski resort must
- somewhere where it's cold enough, i.e. in the alps this must be above (at least) 1200 meter above sea level (4000 feet)
- new, fast, large, and long chairlifts

>denmark 0
fake and gay

This.
I have heard that Argentina and Iran have some good ski resorts too, and that American resorts are well fitted but too expensive.

>one day pas is one gazillion million dollars

yeah nah, not all of us are chocolate clock makers stuffed with monie

Canada's are really good, at least here in BC. I go to Whistler fairly frequently and it's always great. Mount Washington and Sun Peaks are also great but I don't go to them as often as they're a bit out of the way. That's pretty much the only issue with ski resorts here. They're all excellent, but multiple hours away from each other and from Vancouver.

My gf last year during our holidays in Bariloche.

I was really sad to find out that it's filled with rude, loud and obnoxious europ*oids.

What would make a swiss ski station better than a french one ?

We have 17 only in Moscow area lol, what the fuck. Anyway impressed with Japan and USA numbers.

The luxury of paying more for the same service :^)

>American resorts are well fitted but too expensive.
A significant drug habit is probably cheaper.

What is the price for a one day pass in a big american resort ?

Our ski resorts are usually rated as the best ones in the southern hemisphere together with New Zealand ones, they’re pretty cheap and good

Fugg :DDD
onthesnow.com/colorado/steamboat/lift-tickets.html

Wow i never thought it could be this expensive. More than twice the price of big french resorts

thanks for the tip

Same here, ski is still not a cheap hobby but our ski passes are within reason, and there are many special offers.

sierranevada.es/es/invierno/forfait/tarifas/

skicenterbaqueira.com/c/2-Forfaits

Beginner's daily pass in El Colorado is like $35000. Is that considered cheap?

Mediterranean countries because its nice if you have snow and sunshine like in american movies

I don't know about alpine skiing, but Norway, and Sjusjǿen in particular, is the GOAT cross-country skiing destination. Long season, fantastic snow conditions and hundreds of kilometers of perfectly groomed tracks for both classic and freestyle.

most of the tourist attractions here are expensive for us, but take a look at ski resorts at Austria and Switzerland and you’ll see why i’m calling them cheap

this 2bhqhwyfam

hahahaha

I'd love to see what that Venezuelan ski resort looks like.

good thing about here are there's some former mining towns with lifts that are pretty dead, so not too expensive or busy outside christmas and spring break

alps are too far south, easy to get shit weather

steamboat is expensive, a lot of it is you can get there easily from denver

>the Merida teleferico opened in 1960, and skiing became much easier. The cable car was built in four stages—12.5 kilometres long, and more than 3,000 vertical metres up to the lofty heights of 4,765 metres—the top of Pico Espejo. It was the longest and highest cable car in the world, and for the entire decade of the sixties, year-round skiing was possible on an approximately 300-metre-length slope near the top of the cable car station.

>the highest point above the sea on denmark

Who lives in that house?

On my way

Austria, Norway and Japan.

Nice

Argentina still whiter than Am*r*c*ns

normie reee

ours are decent, it depends on the weather though
I hold a season pass at Mt Hutt most years and it can vary from god-tier if it's just snowed to absolute slushy shit if there's a hot wind

whistler is GOAT
>84164078
back to your containment board

what the fuck kind of skis are those?

>Russia
>17
user i...

she's ugly, just like ur mum

I never knew we had the most in the southern hemisphere

Not very hard considering you're one of four countries with naturally snowy mountains in the southern hemisphere.

I thought Argentina would have way more

I can see why you'd think that, but really it only snows along the Chilean border, an area with few people and that is far away from large population centres. Building more ski resorts is impractical unnecessary at best.

>2-days passes are more expensive than two weekday passes

I've been skiing in the Alps, Japan, Aus/Nz and the USA.

Japan had the best pure skiing. The alps were probably the best as a travel destination overall, but more expensive and crowded than the other places I've been to.

I'm going to France in three weeks, which one would you recommend between alps, Jura, and Vosges ?

We're beginners and also would like to see some cool stuff outside of skiing

what field in NZ?

Our largest sector of our economy is tourism
We have heaps of ski fields to cater to foreigners
Argentina and Chile have only some ski fields as their tourism market is to locals

Although there's nearly 600 in Japan, 80% of them are small and irrelevant.

Best is Alps hands down.

Are they those indoor man made ones?

Easy: Italy, Austria and Switzerland.

OK thanks!

us

Austria, Switzerland and France

Ah, those abominations. We have got one of them near Madrid - where it almost never snows. It's the largest indoor ski track in Europe. Let's use more and more energy to keep this thing going, because fuck nature you know.

I think Japan because yen is cheap now
I want to go to Switzerland but Swiss franc is too expensive

Surveyors who made the pic were afraid to leave Moscow and venture into the frozen wasteland.

That being said, it does list 100 of them here nedoma.ru/glc/
Western mischief makers telling lies about us again.

soon

Canada/NWUS for powder bumming, Alps (mostly switzerland/france) for big mountain just absolutely divine skiing, japan for off piste powder.

>mfw
How can anyone enjoy this

me and ur mom

> Nepal: 0
> Bhutan: 0
Sup Forums, let's invest in the Himalayan ski tourism industry and get rich

Probably Switzerland because of the scenery, with the steep mountains and the deep valleys. Even though it's more expensive than most places.

We have some ski resorts in my area in the state of Oregon (northwest US), but they are definitely overpriced by global standards. Which makes it seem odd whenever foreigners come to ski here. What's the point? If you're spending $82/day per person just on lift passes, why not go a few hours north to the Vancouver/Whistler area instead?

Hakuba

Do American ski lovers save money by going to Canada instead?

>Austria
>275

Suck it resortlets

>Nepal
nytimes.com/2017/12/15/world/asia/nepal-election-winners.html

good luck investing in a country that has just become communist

we doo too, but i'm sure they are considering a minimal size for each.

>Beginner's daily pass in El Colorado is like $35000. Is that considered cheap?

Yes, but going to el colorado is a waste of time, termas de chillan is better if you don't want to deal with tourists.

>Argentina and Chile have only some ski fields as their tourism market is to locals

And brazillians.