What would have happened if Gwen Stacy hadn't died? Would Peter have spilled the beans on his identity...

What would have happened if Gwen Stacy hadn't died? Would Peter have spilled the beans on his identity? Would they have broken up? Would MJ drop her party girl facade?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_If?_Vol_1_24
twitter.com/AnonBabble

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_If?_Vol_1_24

>Instead of shooting a webline to Gwen from the edge of the Brooklyn Bridge, Spider-Man jumped off of the bridge to rescue her. After rescuing her, Peter revealed his identity and proposed to her.

>During an encounter with Harry Osborn and Spider-Man a few days later, Norman Osborn, is revealed to his son to be The Green Goblin. Norman had recorded an earlier encounter with Spidey, which revealed Peter's identity, and just as Norman decided to detonate the entire house to kill Spider-Man along with himself and his son, he saw Harry attempt to give his life for him. Touched by this act, his Goblin persona dies, and He and Harry reunited.

>Peter and Gwen get married, and at the end of the ceremony, J. Jonah Jameson bursts in with several police officers. Norman, under the guise of the Green Goblin, had submitted his tape of Peter's identity to the Daily Bugle, and J.J. meant to have him arrested. The police attempted to arrest Peter, but he escaped. He's forced into hiding to protect the people he loves.

That. That would happen.

>What If?
I miss this and What The?!

Ah, so he's forced into a "Spider-Man Back in Black" type situation? Cool.

That wouldn't have changed the fact that Peter still got cucked by Norman.

>Taking anything after 1994 as canon

Some people.

>latest issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool brought that up

You'd think Reed would do Spidey a solid while he was fixing the multiverse and undo that horse shit.

If you read the Earth X's Spider Man one shot, you would know that Peter get the happy ending and marry Gwen. They even hace a son with the same powers.

Harry get a happy ending with MJ

Best future I think

Peter would have suffered a lot less throughout his life. Wouldn't have gotten together with MJ.

It was a good What If. The last page really gave off a certain vibe I can't quite explain, though it doesn't tave the same impact unless you read the whole thing. I might storytime it in an hour if anybody wants me to.

It did? I don't remember that.

I never understood whether Peter's knowledge of that got retconned after OMD.

Except for...

>I might storytime it in an hour if anybody wants me to.
Do it

Pretty much the same thing happened in The House of M. Peter suffering was almost sad there.

It wasn't a facade. MJ was a whore. Conway just hated Gwen so much he decided to kill her and change MJ into his waifu and write Peter as his self-insert.

Near the end.

Go home, Quesada.

Conway's a loon. To this day he's still pissed that the Punisher isn't seen as a villain and he was mad that the troops in Iraq painted Punisher skulls on their equipment for inspiration.

Quesada doesn't feel that way. If he did, Sins Past never would have seen the light of day and Gwen would be back by now.

He also seems to bitch about DC a lot.

Just keep the thread up

He's not entirely wrong. Stan loved MJ too so he's partially responsible for her becoming the main love interest.

I don't see how that's crazy at all. Its pretty obvious Punisher is a base power fantasy and not really something to be admired. enjoy his stories, sure, but not some one to use as a role model or an icon in a real situation where human lives are involved.

But Punisher is a villain.

>MJ was a whore
Mainly what I'm referring to.

On a sort of related note, what do you think will happen with Gwen in Clone Conspiracy? Will Peter finally get over her AGAIN, or will she become the love interest, now that MJ is out of the picture? And how would it work, since Peter is like 10 years older than her clone would be and that would be kind of odd but interesting.

Yeah, that's not true, she was just awfully easygoing.

I can see why that would be annoying. I love post-Conway Punisher stories, especially MAX, but I think I'd be annoyed too if a character I wrote to be a twisted commentary on violent vigilantes was seen years later as a superhero.

Knowing current Marvel, she'll be a love interest.

Guess bringing Jean back gave them confidence to do what they pussied out of a decade ago.

Yeah, but he loved Gwen more. He modeled her after Joan I believe.

Conway likes Peter and MJ because they are both damaged no none sense type of people who don't put up with BS, not even from each other.

Also MJ has more personality and development than Gwen.

i never want to see a store front in my life again

>Also MJ has more personality and development than Gwen.
True, but she got her development only after Gwen, who never got the chance to be developed, died.

That's still 1000000000000x better for Peter than Gwen dying

>tfw his House of M arc was never resolved

>posting an image during a storytime
C'mon now user.
How come it wasn't resolved though?

They only mentioned it in the Post-House of M: Quicksilver mini-series.

Was a shame too because it was one of the good parts of House of M.

>can't post the last page cause I already posted it
You go, me.
That was it. Sorry for the shitty watermark at the bottom of some of the pages, couldn't be assed to find better ones.

>Implying Reed or someone couldn't help him & Gwen get new identities or something

Jeeze Pete you blockhead

The thing about this problem of his is that it would easily be resolved, since they have literally 0 evidence that he's done anything criminal. It would've been like in Civil War where he became a worldwide sensation overnight. And his aunt would've gotten shot. And he'd have sold his marriage to Mephisto... Shit.

I still don't understand what exactly was left unresolved. Also does he still have his memories of then?

Those are good questions. I have another; would Gwen have confessed to having fucked Norman Osborn, and giving birth to his mutated his twins?

This page pretty much answers your question. Knowing Peter he would've probably agreed to it, sadly.

If Marvel wants to keep the whole "Gwen is Osborn kid's mom thing", why not say he raped her and made her forget? It keeps her loyal to Peter, and they don't have to retcon the kids out.

This will probably happen in Clone Conspiracy, that whole talk about magnetism and the likes was really OOC and opened a door for a "he drugged and raped her" scenario.

>>May was a mistake

I know it because I'm with a woman that love me but I still miss my high school GF

Peter and Gwen deserve better

Pete must always suffer, must he?

>People still assume MJ is a whore

That's gotta really hurt

Fuck off Slott.you fat shit sack hack.

Conway is twenty years older than you and writes 1000x better.

They tried to develop Gwen through killing Captain Stacy. But she remained as bland as ever because she was "the girl." MJ was interesting because she was never meant to be "the girl."

And then MJ became best girl.

That "What If" story was written before "Sins Past". Chances are, Peter and Gwen would have had to deal with it later down the line if they both survived long enough.

Is so so very sad. Marvel has yet to crack the formula perfected and then overused to death by Manga.
Love interests must have flaws, the more little flaws, some would say "quirks", the more "personality" there is to be endearing. Perfect/Bland falls flat every time.
When people fall in the luv they inevitably fall for someone because of their flaws, not despite them.
Come on, Marvel! Thre's no excuse for grown men to not know this.

Man, that really is powerful what Robbie did. You feel the weight of what he just did to Jonah.

What about magnetism? Also, I hope it does get retconned. Sins Past is the worst.