Why do people like him so much?

Probably because some people wanted the plot to stop revolving around the Starks or Daenerys-

he's the outlandish boring candidate which appeals to hipsters

Better question: why are you wandering around outside of your containment general?

They empathise with him for being the true heir and getting cucked out of the throne

>Underdog
>Heroic
>Strong leader
>Smart
>not a fag
>not a woman
There is nobody else you could root for. Eddard already died right in the beginning.

He's the rightful king but he's a terrible people person. I don't get why people here seem to overlook the latter when it's crucial to a successful regime.

Show stannis is the worst character by far.
Book stannis is the mannis now and ever.

>Why do "people" on Sup Forums relate to a socially retarded autist?

nigger, Sup Forums is the worst board on Sup Forums
it's not like i'm ruining anything

Because he was right.

Basically this

stannis is reddit. pic related is /ourguy/.

Literally the only thing wrong with him is that he's balding. Which is unfortunately for him irredeemable in my books

Not your typical Mary Sue. Genuinely interesting, despite being difficult to empathise with - but that's part of the appeal, I'd guess. Once you delve into his mindset, and become appreciative of his difficult situation, you begin to discover learn more about the merit of your own character by how you treat his actions.

He is the rightful king.

I like him because he's such a dour cunt. Everybody hates him, he does terrible things, and he will never learn how to rule effectively. It isn't greed or hate or idealism that hamstrings him. He's a cunt by nature, and if he tried being anything else then he would think he was doing something wrong. He was never, ever going to succeed, and the red priestess egging him on by telling him he was the messiah added an enjoyable layer of irony to his character.

>could have sent, in the books, his two killer ghosts to kill Joffrey and Tommen, thus becoming King by legal means without having to stage a rebellion
>lol, no! Let's kill my younger brother and a castillian and stay a rebel

He shall return to us again brother!

>Kills lolis
What a fucking cunt

He's the only one with a backbone

why not? he's pretty likeable