After attack, Disney World removes gators/crocs from shows and rides

>miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article86630427.html

>In the wake of a tragic alligator attack at a Disney World hotel that left a 2-year-old boy dead, Disney World has begun to make changes — even to decade-old attractions.

>Louis, the trumpet-playing alligator from the 2009 film The Princess and the Frog, was supposed to be a part of the Friendship Faire castle show at Magic Kingdom, but got pulled just days before the show premiered on June 23, according to a Disney employee, who asked to remain anonymous because of job security. The alligator was supposed to play trumpet during the show.

>The Tic Toc Croc from Peter Pan, known for hunting villain Captain Hook, was also removed from the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom, park guests reported.

>The Jungle Cruise has also changed its scripts, stopping employees from making jokes like “but remember, folks, if you don’t watch your children, the crocodiles will,” as they narrate an adventure ride through rivers across the world, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The script, known for its puns, has been in place since 1962.

>Guides on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom have also removed references to the predators, the Daily Mail reported. Staff no longer claim the tour bridge could dump them into the crocodile pit below.

R.I.P fictional Disney crocs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JkQL5GXnwp0
youtube.com/watch?v=AUSObK_gU-g
youtube.com/watch?v=7Qp_bUYPrTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is fucking ridiculous
how about removing humans next?

PLAGUE CARRYING MOUSE FOUND IN DISNEYLAND MEN'S ROOM. PARK TO ABANDON ALL MENTIONS OF MICE.

Why was there an alligator at a disney hotel?

How long before some crocodile equality group shows up?

They are pretty common in Florida.

I'm still half-expecting the whole thing to be a JonBenet Ramsey-esque coverup by the parents. Accidentally kid their kid, drop the body off in a Florida lake and claim a gator dragged the kid off.

Didn't the police say they recovered the child's body "intact"? Even a small gator would have pulled off a 2-year-old's arms and legs.

Wonder if this is only temporary.

>kill their kid.

jesus, brain.

>Accidentally kid their kid

I've heard of dying of laughter but this is a bit much

I understand removing the jokes from the scripts, but removing the crocs from the actual rides and shows is stupid.

Why didn't they remove Aladdin after 9/11?

It's florida. There are literally 10+ foot alligators everywhere.

I'm fairly sure there's a video of the gator grabbing the kid that's been floating around the Internet. I didn't watch it to confirm but I've seen it posted.

Why do we live in a culture of fear?

Gators are good at killing the shit they want to eat, but not breaking it down for easy consumption. They normally let maggots and shit do that for it. So probably drowned the kid and left it lying around somewhere nearby.

Live an hour north of Orlando and can confirm.

Got a lake behind my place with a big ass alligator that likes to sun bathe. Call him Moe. Moe's pretty chill, but I'd never let my kid around him because I give a shit about my kid's safety.

To be fair, the Jungle Cruise flat out making a "crocs will eat your kids" joke really would be poor taste to keep it in.

Its Florida. If you cannot see the bottom of a body of water bigger than a puddle you assume there is an alligator/crocodile in it. The family were from up north and assumed the "no swimming" sign could be disregarded because they're stupid tourists.

GatorGate has begun

If someone is killed on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, do they ban pirates, robots, or Johnny Depp?

How long till the Temple of Doom edit where the guy falls into water and that's it?

This, it's kind of poor taste to do this right after, same with the safaris talking about dumping you into a croc pit.

But Louis and Tick Toc...those are like..main characters. what the fuck.

>one alligator kills a kid
>all beloved crocs and gators are responsible and have to pay for it
>even though a croc wasn't even responsible, fuck'em anyway

Letting your kid walk near the shore or perhaps putting his feet in water marked "no swimming" isn't exactly the height of arrogance. If it was "no swimming" because "gators might take a bite of you" that should probably be marked.

Or hell, its a Disney property, they have the money to keep the bodies of water next to their hotels cleared of gators. Have a team on staff checking the ponds regularly.

bruh

do you even florida

So this is how muslims feel.

There were not gators to be known in that area of the water. There's other dangers as to why they put no swimming. BUT gators be gators and moved on around. Gators climb chainlink fences and get around many man made structures and disney HAS always caught and released gators and worked with local animal control. They're sneaky giant beasts though. This is a FREAK ACCIDENT. Trying to blame anyone is non-sense. If anything, blame america for establishing cities in a semi-prehistoric ecosystem where giant bugs and brain eating amoeba live.

It's Florida. Alligators are fucking everywhere. I live about a minute away from a lake filled with them. They have nothing to do with cartoon gators in any form or fashion. It's not like anybody is going to be triggered either. The only person who would, would be the child and he's dead, and I seriously doubt the parents are going to come back to a place where their 2 year old child got killed.

The real thing they should take away is better wildlife control on the parks grounds and more warning signs overall.

There were way too many witnesses for that kind of plan to have been considered, especially when there were plenty of more secluded bodies of water nearby that would have been much more suited. It happened on a beach outside of the hotel on "movies on the beach night." A ton of people would have been around and watched it happen. It would have taken serious stupidity and balls to try to pull that in that place at that time for no reason.

#notallgators

The issue was the new Disney Vacation Club bungalows at the Polynesian Resort. Idiots kept feeding the gators from the waterside back porches and people kept getting away with it with just a slap on the wrist.

>This is a FREAK ACCIDENT. Trying to blame anyone is non-sense.

Damn. I see this response so rarely, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for it. I've been getting really sick of every tragedy needing several scapegoats to blame and then everyone arguing which of them is worst.

Except Muslims are not savage beast and should be able to rationalize between what's right and wrong in today's world and their archaic ideology. Especially a practicing Muslim in the west. If you seriously practice the religion and agree that ANYBODY should be killed upon your ideology you don't belong in a first world country. You belong in a cannon, getting blasted to the moon.

When I was like 3 years old my friend had a plastic snake toy. My mom loves to tell the story of how one day I was in the yard playing while my mom worked on the porch and she heard me saying 'mikey's snek! mikey's snek!' and looked up in time to see me about to attempt to grab and hug a very very large copperhead. Kids maybe don't need encouragement in an environment where such things actually do exist. I'm not saying it isn't a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but...I get it, too.

Full disclosure: I have no memory of this event other than my mother's retelling of the story at awkward moments, and did not grow up to be a scalie. Thank you.

That Nightclub shooting happened in the same city Disney World resides. Will they ban all the Aladdin rides now?

That is a new part of the story I hadn't heard yet. I can definitely believe it.

I can understand making jokes about kids getting eaten by crocs would be in poor taste, but it seems like reacting this strongly is just drawing more attention.

Fucking this. The reason this shit is such big news is specifically because it's such a rarity.

But... why do this? Boredom?

Kids are retarded. When my sister was like 3 or 5 she grabbed a black widow from our garden because she saw it in a nature documentary and wanted to show my mom.

It doesn't matter if you associate it with whatever, they don't realize the danger in most of the cases. Even if you didn't know about the snake your dumb undeveloped mind would of probably lead you to the same fate. If what said is true then the real issue is older people being stupid enough to condition and attract gators closer to residence. They should know better than to do this shit as adults.

Like , this is a freak accident and there's not really anyone to blame in this case. Tighten up security and give people a bit more than a slap on the wrist next time they feed/do stuff to the gators and there you go.

It's something called being an asshole. Some people realize animals are stupid and take it as fair means to abuse them.

Damn. I knew what was coming and nature is savage and all that, but when the attack actually happens it makes me feel pretty bad. Just a dick move.

>The Jungle Cruise has also changed its scripts, stopping employees from making jokes like “but remember, folks, if you don’t watch your children, the crocodiles will,”

>tfw I was there a month ago and my Jungle Cruise guide mimed an alligator attack
>tfw that was probably one of the last times he'll get to do that

It's a shame too, that dude was really fucking funny.

>People think he's feeding the hog
>When in reality he's feeding the croc

Boredom, entertainment, ignorance. If you listen to the original video with sound, many of the people on the boat actually seem pretty surprised that shit got so violent.

Also hogs are pests and not well liked, so they probably thought taking the opportunity to maybe kill one would be doing some kind of service. It would only end up attracting gators to boats, though, so it's a really stupid move.

one part asshole to animals (although the gator would beg to differ) one part dealing with hogs as a major pest in the southern united states.

On one hand he's feeding native wildlife using invasive species, on another he's baiting an animal to it's demise.

Because tourists can be really fucking dumb.

Like earlier this year, tourists at Yellowstone grabbed a baby bison and put it in their car because they thought it was too cold. Or how there's been like two incidents this year of Yellowstone tourists walking off the boardwalks onto the hot spring plains, with one guy dying after falling into one of those boiling death pits.

Wonder if they all tell each other gator jokes in the breakroom.

>tourists at Yellowstone
That's not even the half of it

youtube.com/watch?v=JkQL5GXnwp0

Wait, so because some kid got killed by an Alligator, we now have to pretend at Disney parks that 'gators and crocs dont' exist?

How does that make sense? They should be heightening up awareness about these creatures, not erasing it.

They can't do that, we like aligators and crocs, just don't remove then now.

Pretty much. It's not a bad thing for the gator to eat the hog. But let's be real; he only did it because he wanted to see an animal get killed by another animal and that's pretty not cool. I hope he felt like a dick when he actually got what he was after.

This

more should be done to teach kids and their parents about how dangerous these animals can be. But instead, they try and hide the problem.

Just you wait until caimans & gharials get involved. Then we'll have ourselves a real shitshow.

Southern United States. Hogs are a serious problem tho, they destroy more than just crops.

youtube.com/watch?v=AUSObK_gU-g

>beloved crocs and gators

Having friendly cartoon mascots of the animals playing trumpets and hugging children probably isn't a good way to raise safety awareness on the issue, though.

And like other anons have said, joking about children being mauled is just distasteful in the wake of this kind of accident.

I still think they may be going a bit overboard, though.

Since this is a parks thread I got good news and bad news.

Good News: Guardians Tower of Terror in Florida is completely dead

Bad News: Now they're thinking of shoving Guardians of the Galaxy into Epcot.

Welcome to Florida

why not just have Chris Pratt park bench?

>Parents let 2 year old wade in the water by himself
>no swimming sign

Fucking morons. Parents shouldn't have left their child unattended in the water, even if there was no gators.

I spent a lot of my childhood at cabins/lake houses in the midwest (no gators, poi snakes, sharks, ect). Until we were nearly 10 my siblings and I weren't allowed to be in the water by myself without a parent supervision. Why were these parents so fucking dense? You're in Florida for fucks sake. Aren't there gators in the storm drains and sewers?

And yet this is still up

I feel bad for laughing. But that's pretty funny.

See you later, alligator.

The Tic Toc Croc from Peter Pan wasn't friendly, it was fucking scary. So scary, in fact, that even Hook, the main villain, is terrified of it.

Also that whole bit about changing the Jungle Cruise script, by removing this "joke" (I don't even see it as a joke) which serves more as a -warning-, a very apt and relevant one, especially given the circumstances of this case, strikes me as very stupid. That is another thing that they SHOULD have kept.

>Like earlier this year, tourists at Yellowstone grabbed a baby bison and put it in their car because they thought it was too cold.
Man you're being unfair with half the story here.

The guy was someone who regularly worked with animals and saw that the baby bison was abandoned by its herd. The herd had already given up on it and left it shivering in a river and consistently ignored the baby even when it caught up.

The baby was just hanging at the side of the road waiting to get hit by a car or get eaten. The guy brought it to the park people who later decided to euthanize it because they didn't have the resources to take care of it.

What the fuck.

This is complete horseshit.

>In the wake of a tragic alligator attack at a Disney World hotel that left a 2-year-old boy dead
ALLEGED attack.

>Why do we live in a culture of fear?
This. Are you going for a swim in the lagoon, or are you going to live your life in fear?

>So this is how muslims feel.
Look up how many humans are killed by muslims each year compared to alligators and crocodiles COMBINED. I'll wait.

I like Yellowstone for being a perfect place for natural selection to occur.

I remember going there as a kid, and also glacier nat park, and remembering how fucking retarded some of the tourists were with bears and buffalo. Thankfully, my parents weren't airheads.

I know. This isn't a case where we can say

>"These things happen"

and shrug it off. This isn't a bison trampling someone in yellowstone, this isn't a bird shitting on someone. These things DO NOT HAPPEN. If it was an every day normal thing there might be people to blame, different things you could have done, ways to act moving forward. This is a horrible freak accident. This has never happened in this location, this family has never been to florida, i mean so many things added up, how can you blame anyone for something where it's not so common. Yet people with these incidents need to blame someone. If anyone knew this was going to happen, well then god damn, why wasn't something done? It's cause no one knew. A meteor hits the earth, we going blame NASA for not noticing, Jupiter for not pulling it away with it's gravity? At what point do you just accept that.... hey, this was fucked, but it happened and it's not normal so no one can really be at fault here.

>Look up how many humans are killed by muslims each year compared to alligators and crocodiles COMBINED. I'll wait.
Wow way to miss the point by taking the actions of others and pinning it on every member of the group that's not even unified in the first place.

I bet you'd do this to an innocent gator if Trump told you to.

He was on that golf course first! YOU get out!

I wonder what would have happened if a bunch of mice had killed that kid.

Serious discussion question: what if there was a terrorist attack directly linked to ISIS in a Disney park? What would be the ramifications to Muslim visitors?

>many of the people on the boat actually seem pretty surprised that shit got so violent.

This is something a lot of people unfamiliar with wildlife don't consider either.

Nature can be a pretty brutal place, and even hunting animals can pretty messy sometimes. People think they have a grasp on what predators do because they watch Animal Planet, but they don't know that those shows cut out the bits before the prey is actually dead.

Watching animals be killed, even in nature, can be pretty traumatizing.

Oh, oobee doo
I wanna be like you
I wanna walk like you
Talk like you, too
You'll see it's true
A croc like me
Can learn to be human too

Nothing, because catering to Muslims is the media flavor of the month.

Are you implying there were alligator people with alligator money who were visiting the park as legitimate alligator tourists with their alligator families and alligator children getting alligator caricature pictures drawn of them where their alligator heads are stuck on a human person and now they're getting kicked out?

>even hunting animals can pretty messy sometimes

bullets fuck things up

like really, REALLY fuck things up

it must be horrible living with yourself after shooting a person, knowing what a bullet does to living animal. It's bad enough shooting the animal, would never do it for sport.

bruh if a gator wants to go for a swim it's going for a swim

youtube.com/watch?v=7Qp_bUYPrTg

Thats kinda cute I want one

fuck you shooting animals is in the second amendment you freedom hating fag

see right there, we have the right to a "well regulated militia" against animals so fuck you

>Why do we live in a culture of fear?
because fear and hate are far more powerful motivators than love and compassion

To be fair I would consider that shot more humane.

Yeah, it's gory, but the deer didn't suffer at all. What's bad are the people who hunt and don't realize that you're supposed to aim for the heart or head so that the deer doesn't suffer, and instead shoot them in the stomach and let them sit and die for half an hour.

It better be temporary. If all this shit is still gone 10 years from now when nobody but the kid's parents remembers they can just go fuck themselves. But I'm a poorfag and will never get to go anyway.

THIS. I seriously don't get why people are either super overprotective of their children or don't give a shit and literally there seems to be no in between. Gators show up in peoples pools sometimes are people really stupid enough to not watch their two year old in the water? I'm surprised he didn't drown honestly.

They have as much a right to be there as anyone else.

>Disney and Pixar now begin working on a new film with an alligator protagonist who goes on an adventure with his loud mouthed and endearing croc buddy from down under

You know, I was reading the article and this thread. There honestly is someone to blame.

The Parents.

The article even states that there were barriers and signs warning of alligators and to not go near the water.

What the fuck were those parents thinking? That is grade A negligence.

Sounds to me like Disney Land is run by Alligators disguised as business men.
It was only a matter of time I guess.

you don't leave your 2 year old kid unattended in the water, ANY water, even a blow up kiddie pool. What were they thinking

SO SADS

REMOVE CROC

THINK OF FEELINGS

>by removing this "joke" (I don't even see it as a joke)
It was a pun. Watch your kids or the crocs will, the implication being they'd watch them with hungry eyes.
The humor clearly reads fine.

Everyone keeps saying the child was unattended, but is that even true. I thought I had heard that the parents were right there when the gator took the kid. Which wouldn't be a surprise since it's an animal that excels in sneaking up on prey.

They weren't

Yeah, the dad even tried to fight the alligator off when it got the kid.

It's just a horrible freak accident. Judgement isn't going to solve anything.

And I'm pretty sure the "No Swimming" signs were posted after the fact because of this.

Like seriously, this just fucking sucks and no one is really at fault here.

Disney gets rid of nuisance alligators all the time.

People chill on that beach all the time.

So much so they had a movie night at that time on that beach.

Of course they are animatronic so some of the humor comes from the absurdity of this claim, and some comes from the word play.
In the wake of such a tragedy while a warning could be considered useful, it would be disrespectful to have it in this format of a joke that could be perceived as making light of the situation.

Underrated