Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9CImgNIYjds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump.

5 Characters in Search of an Exit is GOAT

He's Alive

Nick of Time is my favourite

Game of Pool, just 2 guys in a room playing pool, love it

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge is my personal favorite.

Time Enough at Last has gotta be up there

i forget the name but the one where they have the camera that takes photos of the future

Is that Johnathan Winters AND Jack Klugman?

this and "And When the Sky Was Opened"

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge is great, although I don't know if you can really consider it a Twilight Zone episode. It was a French short film that The Twilight Zone bought the rights to to broadcast in America.

To Serve Man.

walking distance
obsolete man
time enough at last

I know I'm posting on a cesspool website created by a weeb but I enjoy how humanizing the Twilight Zone can be. They really do make you think about what's superficial and what's morally obligated, people's downfalls, people's sacrifices. They really make you think.

This and I like how many young, soon to be famous actors were in that series. It never fails to amaze me.

The Old Man in the Cave.

This was my favorite episode

Just off the top of my head

Five Characters
Howling Man
I Shot an Hour Into the Air
Night of the Meek
Pretty much any with Burgess Meredith

Fuck I love this show

A World of Difference.

What is the title of it?

Reality

The one where the guy has anything anyone needs and the other guy harrases him.

Shame on me for thinking it was a real ep then.

The only title I can remember is A Nice Place To Visit about the two bit burglar who ends up in the afterlife and doesn't realize later on that he's in Hell.

I also like the one with Carol Burnett who is visited by a guardian angel and becomes a millionaire but is miserable.

Then theres the one with the commandant who escaped being tried for war crimes, visits Dachau and is tried by the ghosts of the prisoners he personally tortured and killed.

And another favorite off the top of my head has Martin Landau in it. It involves what is assumed to be an ex KGB agent trying to defect to the west and being tracked down. (He escapes)

There are plenty more that are my favorites but I'll just start off with these.

why is that episode so fucking terrifying to me

Imagine if you will...

A room that has a space for your Emmys, but nowhere for yourself to sit.

Imagine if you will...

A television show so liked and respected, that it can cause a group of shitposters and autists to quietly have a discuss about it.

Imagine if you will...

A television show so dull and irrelevant, that it can cause a group of shitposters and autists to barely care about it enough to shitpost.

The Twilight Zone is the best damn show ever made but every fucking time there's a thread about it on Sup Forums it dies, curse this place.

Anyway off the top of my head I like the one about the two women in the apartment as te planet slowly drifts into the sun, and of course I love Shat on a Plane

Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up and Mr. Dingle, The Strong
I love me some alien episodes

>just finishing I Shot An Arrow Into The Air
>that twist
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I didn't like that one. The twist felt cheap to me, especially since it was obvious from the beginning.

Why does he look so weird in this photo? Like I can't even put my finger on it but something seems off.

head is like 1/3 the size of his body

I don't see how it's scary

it's pretty spoopy
it could easily happen in real life. the point is that nobody would know. there would be no trace. it could imply that people were never meant to leave earth. and we don't know if it's aliens, or if it's supernatural, or if it's an otherwordly being that removes people's existences after they leave earth.

It's like a reality glitch.

Because it plays on really common fears. Being forgotten, for one. Facing such an uncomprehensible and completely absolute terror, of being actively erased from the world.

Why are the Matheson episodes the best?

Nick of Time is probably my favorite overall, but To Serve Man had my favorite twist

Easy choice.

"The Monsters are Due on Maple Steet" was probably GOAT for me but there's many I'm probably forgetting. Genuinely, really makes me think about social cohesion and our reliance on technology.

'Stopover in a Quiet Town' was the first episode I ever saw and it's stuck with me ever since.

>that asteroid convict who has to leave behind his robot waifu

>Literally did Her fifty years ago and better

I searched this on google and one of the results was this
youtube.com/watch?v=9CImgNIYjds
which one of you underage chumps made this video? I know you're browsing here illegally

>Being like everybody is the same as being nobody.

The one where everyone turns on each other out of paranoia when the power goes out.

The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street

Thanks

The dude had PTSD from fighting in WW2, so there's that.

"The Howling Man " and "Will the Real Martian Please Stand" are pretty good.

"The Obselete Man" was cool too, but I'm a sucker for dystopian stories.

Also the one where the bank robber thought he went to Heaven. I saw the ending a mile away, but was still really good.

The Dachau one is great, especially Rod's monologues.

>not just in the Twilight Zone, but in all mans endeavors...

>Not saying Walking Distance
Stay pleb everybody

It's because it's so fantastically written. Almost every character feels human, like it's a real person there. Yes it's mostly morality plays like Star Trek TOS, but it's all done so well.

I imagine it has to do with TV still being relatively new. You can't really on special effects, so the meat of the show was on the characters and their acting.

Except this one cunt, a man so disliked that he hasn't a friend in the world, and although he has ben rejected by everyone both IRL and online, still thinks people want to hear his opinion. Welcome to, the Twilight Zone.

One I was thinking about the other day that was rather obscure.
Once Upon a Time, with Buster Keaton. It starts out as a silent movie, and Keaton finds a time helmet and is sent forward to (then) present day. It was a clever premise, and is overlooked a lot when people make up their lists.

Post your favorite episodes with twists/mindfucks.

Mr Valentine...Whatever gave you the idea this was Heaven? This IS the Other Place!

The monologue in I Am The Night, Color Me Black was also really good. And the episode is still relevant today.

Is this kino?

A lot of people seem to forget that TZ was new at the time it came out. Nobody had ever seen anything like it. People complain about how 'quaint' and boring it is, but they don't take into consideration that they've lived their lives watching things that were derived from things in the past.
Imagine what it would have been like to see these episodes for the first time, in a world where nothing like it ever existed.

Same thing when it comes to classic comedy, like Ernie Kovacs. Sure we've seen the same schtick countless times over the years. We grew up with it. But imagine what it was like watching an episode of the Kovacs show when there had never been anything like it before.
I really do feel sorry for people today who only see the watered down, diluted stuff instead of the originals.

Night of the Meek is great

>Henry Corwin: I can either drink, or I can weep, and drinking is so much more subtle. But as for my insubordination, I was not rude to that woman. Someone should remind her that Christmas is more than barging up and down department store aisles and pushing people out of the way. Someone has to tell her that Christmas is another thing finer than that. Richer, finer, truer, and it should come with patience and love, charity, compassion. That's what I would have told her if you'd given me the chance. I don't know how to tell you, Mr. Dundee. I don't know at all. All I know is that I'm an aging, purposeless, relic of another time, and I live in a dirty rooming house on a street filled with hungry kids and shabby people, where the only thing that comes down the chimney on Christmas Eve is more poverty. Do you know another reason why I drink, Mr. Dundee? So that when I walk down the tenements, I can really think it's the North Pole, and the children are elves, and that I'm really Santa Claus bringing a bag of wondrous gifts for all of them. I just wish, Mr. Dundee, on one Christmas, only one, that I could see some of the hopeless ones and the dreamless ones. Just on one Christmas, I'd like to see the meek inherit the Earth. And that's why I drink, Mr. Dundee, and that's why I weep

>The Sup Forums zone

Best twist has got to be Mr Denton on Doomsday. The whole ending scene makes the episode a must-watch.

Something I remember; Somebody took the original Planet of the Apes, edited it down to half an hour, a made it BW, and added the TZ intro and outro, and a Serling monologue. It was brilliant.
I looked on Youtube but didn't find it, it must have been removed, but If I do find it , I'll post a link.

I produced a stage version of this in college. LOVE this episode.

>Mr Denton on Doomsday.
Martin Landau was GOAT in this.

Mr Garrity and the Graves

>Submitted for your approval. The case of Mr. user, an otherwise ordinary man in an otherwise ordinary bedroom. While most young men of his age spend their days in the company of their peers, Mr. user has instead opted for isolation, holding only the company of faceless others on a Tibetan arts and crafts internet forum. This would be a night just like any other, except for something that will soon happen to him, something that will considerably alter his existence and ours. Tonight, he's posting in The Twilight Zone

YOU BETTER BE NICE TO ME

I think I have seen this before but I am redownloading.

Kek

Sup Forums's opinion on literally every twilight zone episode:

WAT WUZ W/ DA ENDING? I SAW DUH TWIST COMING
repeat for every episode

The only TZ I can remember is the one with the man and the old radio

What was the title?

The Invaders

Static

The Last Flight was a comfy one

>except for something that will soon happen to him, something that will considerably alter his existence and ours

What is he gonna get trips or something?

Create the next meme on the level of CIA, but go mad with the knowledge that he will never get acknowledged as it's creator

this thread is just getting better

proofs that shitposting is funposting

Alone in a farmhouse, Agnes Moorehead gets terrorized by tiny alien invaders.

He's going to dedicate hours of his life to working as a forum janitor. For free.

my favorite episode is where the guy wakes up and everything's all crazy like wtf

My favorite episode was pine barrens
>his house looked like shit

I like the one where a guy accidentally ends up in some kind of time anomaly where everything is frozen in time except him.

But then he meets some aliens/dimensional beings that regularly freeze our timeline and walk around doing stuff while time is frozen.

First answer is best answer.

Whats the lamest TZ episode? There were a lot of them.

What was with the hour long episodes? I don't recall a single good one.

>struck down by hit & run years and lying on the unhappy pavement trying desperately to get the license number of fleeting fame
POTTERY unsarcastically, unironically

the crashing of the 4U plane in les baines after years of baneposting would have been a good twilight zone episode

Who was the better host, Rod Serling or Forest Whitaker?

was obvious to me too but by the time I saw it I was well versed in the ways of the Twilight Zone

if its one of your first I imagine its P good

definitely sterling. TZ would not be a quarter of what it is without Sterling.

I really hope this isn't a serious question.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Long Distance Call or Living Doll on this thread. Love both those episodes. Maybe just underrated.

Night of the Meek, hands down. It's up there with Christmas Vacation and a Christmas Story ever year.